ADVERTISEMENT

Five Stars

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
Have we ever had two five stars in a class? We had D.J. White and Josh Smith but Smith never played at IU so I am thinking not.

We had Hanner and Yogi as 5 stars when they committed but Hanner dropped in later rankings

The 1976 class had Glen Grunwald, Butch Carter , Woody, Derek Holcomb, and Mike Miday

Grunwald and Carter were both All Americans and would be considered 5* players.

My son sent me a text with a copy of a tweet that stated that "In 2 years Woodson has signed 3 of the top 12 highest recruits of all time."

If true, that is pretty impressive. Now coach them up and

WIN

Kobe, April and jurkin were all worse than Hanner
Jurkin never saw the floor his legs were so skinny they looked like toothpicks. I remember seeing Hanner in AAU he made some good dunks but had no shot at all and was not nearly as impressive as I thought he was going to be. He was clearly way overranked.

They never played. Hanner played and played atrociously. Not to mention everything else that came along with him.
The fact that they never played makes them worse basketball players than Hanner. I would also add Lander below Hanner.

Damon came in 1990 as I got to see his first official practice being in Knight’s coaching class. Btw, **** Dakich for trying to drop me a full letter grade for coming late when he gave me permission due to a job interview.

Reactions: kkott
Those are all mixed up. 89 class…Pat Graham, Greg Graham, Cheaney, Todd Leary, Chris Lawson, Lawrence Funderburke and Chris Reynolds.
90 was Pat knight and Bailey.
I think Calbert was the lowest rated of that class as I remember? Maybe not Leary a late addition but the rest of them.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I think Calbert was the lowest rated of that class as I remember? Maybe not Leary a late addition but the rest of them.
I was always under the impression that Leary was a ploy to get Montross and ultimately backfired. Montross and Leary were teammates and good friends at LN.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I was always under the impression that Leary was a ploy to get Montross and ultimately backfired. Montross and Leary were teammates and good friends at LN.
Aside from Montross not coming and leary's later legal woes I wouldn't say backfired. He was a really good shooter and played quite a bit.

Reactions: Dugger-Hoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT