ADVERTISEMENT

First discharges from the military for refusing COVID vaccines . . .

I understand all that. What I don't understand is how they're allowed to prey on people the way they do.
Congressional support. They were given the right to sell anything and to escape any government oversight with respect to safety, efficacy, or quality control, as long as they put the magic disclaimer on the box. I forget who the bill sponsors were, but they got it through somehow.

What's even more alarming is that many medical schools now have programs/degrees in "holistic medicine" and some of them put homeopathy right in there.

At this point I am not sure we shouldn't say, "Come January 31, we are shipping every vial of vaccine in America to poor countries. We will not allow any more vaccine to be sold except to people who age into the vaccine age requirements. If you do not vaccinate by January 31, it is an irrevocable decision. This does not apply to boosters."
Maybe we can send you along with them......

Congressional support. They were given the right to sell anything and to escape any government oversight with respect to safety, efficacy, or quality control, as long as they put the magic disclaimer on the box. I forget who the bill sponsors were, but they got it through somehow.

What's even more alarming is that many medical schools now have programs/degrees in "holistic medicine" and some of them put homeopathy right in there.
I take it you are a doctor ? Or just in reality actually just an outside sh*tter?

Why? No need have tens of millions of vaccines sitting in freezers when they can be saving lives elsewhere.
Interesting conversation with 40 something young partner in international law firm. Married with 2 or 3 kids I believe. Amazingly intelligent estate planner. I’ve known him over 10 years.

I told him I had reluctantly got the Pfizer booster today. He told me he wasn’t vaccinated and until more data on the vaccine he’s not putting it in his body. I was stunned. He’s not a Trumpster. You guys are going to have to stop classifying all unvaccinated as ignorant rubes, hillbillies and Trumpsters.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Interesting conversation with 40 something young partner in international law firm. Married with 2 or 3 kids I believe. Amazingly intelligent estate planner. I’ve known him over 10 years.

I told him I had reluctantly got the Pfizer booster today. He told me he wasn’t vaccinated and until more data on the vaccine he’s not putting it in his body. I was stunned. He’s not a Trumpster. You guys are going to have to stop classifying all unvaccinated as ignorant rubes, hillbillies and Trumpsters.
Its the only thing they have to make themselves feel superior and good about their miserable lives worrying every day, looking behind every door and rock for COVID!

My GF told me the same thing regarding worrying about Covid 24/7. She said she doesn’t want to hear anymore about it because it reminds her of our senile incompetent president and all his idiot administration.

Is your GF saying these things because she believes them, or is it because she is trying to get someone to help her cut what she owes on her 2022 tax return.

My guess is the GF does believe these things because she is our own Lucy.

• Haha
Reactions: stollcpa
i had heard that although the military has a process for requesting an exception, NONE have been granted. Has anyone heard differently?
I don't know of any that have been approved. I don't think there are many that have ever been approved.

I don't know of any that have been approved. I don't think there are many that have ever been approved.
The Navy hasn't approved a religious exemption for over 7 years. Nearly 100 percent of the medical exemptions are temporary. You're right that exemptions are rare. We'll have a lot of disapprovals for the exemptions that have been submitted in the military and then the people will have to decide if their career and potential retirement is worth less than getting a safe vaccination. I just got the flu shot on base and they printed out a list of all the shots I've gotten in my career. It's dozens and dozens and includes the anthrax shots which is the only vaccination I've ever had to process someone out for refusing the order to take it. I hope you don't have to do the same for those refusing the COVID vaccination. While I can say I've very rarely enjoyed processing people out of the service against their will (I'll admit I enjoyed it for a few total derelicts), I didn't enjoy processing my anthrax refusal guy out for refusing the lawful order to get the vaccination. He was wrong, but he sincerely believed the reasons he refused it and the counseling we provided and the order he was given wouldn't change his mind. I did it with a clear conscious though - if a Sailor isn't deployable (and he wasn't without the vaccine), the Sailor is no use for any ship.

The COVID vaccination are safe and effective, but the misinformation is rampant and it's hard to convince the reluctant that their information is bogus.

Last edited:
The Navy hasn't approved a religious exemption for over 7 years. Nearly 100 percent of the medical exemptions are temporary. You're right that exemptions are rare. We'll have a lot of disapprovals for the exemptions that have been submitted in the military and then the people will have to decide if their career and potential retirement is worth less than getting a safe vaccination. I just got the flu shot on base and they printed out a list of all the shots I've gotten in my career. It's dozens and dozens and includes the anthrax shots which is the only vaccination I've ever had to process someone out for refusing the order to take it. I hope you don't have to do the same for those refusing the COVID vaccination. While I can say I've very rarely enjoyed processing people out of the service against their will (I'll admit I enjoyed it for a few total derelicts), I didn't enjoy processing my anthrax refusal guy out for refusing the lawful order to get the vaccination. He was wrong, but he sincerely believed the reasons he refused it and the counseling we provided and the order he was given wouldn't change his mind. I did it with a clear conscious though - if a Sailor isn't deployable (and he wasn't without the vaccine), the Sailor is no use for any ship.

The COVID vaccination are safe and effective, but the misinformation is rampant and it's hard to convince the reluctant that their information is bogus.
It may be a matter of trust and this is especially an issue since not enough time has past since the start of "jab-fest" to determine if there will be any long term effects. And, I have heard that at least one of the vaccines has been banned in other developed countries. Is that accurate?

It may be a matter of trust and this is especially an issue since not enough time has past since the start of "jab-fest" to determine if there will be any long term effects. And, I have heard that at least one of the vaccines has been banned in other developed countries. Is that accurate?
Nearly 99 percent of the Navy has been vaccinated and to the best of my knowledge there have been zero medical issues as result. Pfizer vaccine is the one that they give and it's been fully approved by the FDA. Millions and millions have been vaccinated by these vaccines with very rare side-effects. Anyone refusing to be vaccinated now is demonstrating willful ignorance. While I'd feel bad about discharging them if I was still in the military, like I did for the guy that refused an order to take the Anthrax vaccination, I still wouldn't respect their reasons for not getting vaccinated. It's purely ignorance.

Reactions: outside shooter
The Navy hasn't approved a religious exemption for over 7 years. Nearly 100 percent of the medical exemptions are temporary. You're right that exemptions are rare. We'll have a lot of disapprovals for the exemptions that have been submitted in the military and then the people will have to decide if their career and potential retirement is worth less than getting a safe vaccination.

Do Christian Scientists not have an objection? I would have thought if there was any group that might qualify, sincere Christian Scientist (Church of Christ, Scientist) members would be it.

Do Christian Scientists not have an objection? I would have thought if there was any group that might qualify, sincere Christian Scientist (Church of Christ, Scientist) members would be it.
They may. I know that no religious exemptions have been approved in the Navy for the past 7 years so if they’ve filed for exemptions during that time they were denied. When someone joins the military they get a whole lot of shots immediately. If someone objects to those they probably turn around and go home.

Reactions: UncleMark
They may. I know that no religious exemptions have been approved in the Navy for the past 7 years so if they’ve filed for exemptions during that time they were denied. When someone joins the military they get a whole lot of shots immediately. If someone objects to those they probably turn around and go home.

Makes sense. Bet that happens alot.

Makes sense. Bet that happens alot.
When I went to Basic I arrived a week before the class started. They had me helping with paperwork in the Clinic for the new guys as they came in for their series of shots.

We used to bet who the needle-wimps would be. Usually the tougher a dude looked the higher chance he’d pass out. But nobody freaked out and refused in the few days I worked in there.

Reactions: UncleMark
The exemption requests from my two vax reluctant people have been denied and one of them has decided to get vaccinated. The other is still holding out and I've had to start the separation process. If he doesn't change his mind within 90 days he'll be a civilian and will have thrown away 12years of military service 8 years short of retirement. He really believes that COVID is a hoax and the vaccines are killing people. He's very intelligent elsewise and does great work but he's going to be out of the Air Force soon unless he stops believing that bull shit. I'm disappointed AF.

I saw something earlier in the week where a judge issued a preliminary injunction to block action against a group of SEALs who weren't vaxxed. I assume that will have a ripple effect of some sort. Is that being discussed at all within your command @MrBing ?

I saw something earlier in the week where a judge issued a preliminary injunction to block action against a group of SEALs who weren't vaxxed. I assume that will have a ripple effect of some sort. Is that being discussed at all within your command @MrBing ?
Not at all. The administrative separation process is going forward and I don't think there will be any issues with it. I only hope he changes his mind so I can stop the process.

The exemption requests from my two vax reluctant people have been denied and one of them has decided to get vaccinated. The other is still holding out and I've had to start the separation process. If he doesn't change his mind within 90 days he'll be a civilian and will have thrown away 12years of military service 8 years short of retirement. He really believes that COVID is a hoax and the vaccines are killing people. He's very intelligent elsewise and does great work but he's going to be out of the Air Force soon unless he stops believing that bull shit. I'm disappointed AF.
That's too bad. I know you're not enjoying separating that Airman. I know I didn't enjoy separating my Sailor who refused the Anthrax shots, but it had to be done for refusing a lawful order.

Sorry mate, he doesn’t sound very intelligent. Brainwashed perhaps.

Reactions: MrBing
That's too bad. I know you're not enjoying separating that Airman. I know I didn't enjoy separating my Sailor who refused the Anthrax shots, but it had to be done for refusing a lawful order.
Likely they'll be heard from in the near future.

JkIRENM.gif

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
In Florida at least, they are everywhere.

I suggest you google
"Does CVS sell homeopathic remedies"

First hit: these 56 products: https://www.cvs.com/shop/content/homeopathic-remedies

and
"Does Walgreens sell homeopathic remedies"
First hit: https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/homeopathic-remedies/ID=360535-tier2general
That's embarrassing. Every product I checked said it was out of stock at my location. Probably why I never see it. Not a big market for lunatic hippies up here.

That's embarrassing. Every product I checked said it was out of stock at my location. Probably why I never see it. Not a big market for lunatic hippies up here.
I know that this will be a big shock to everyone on the board, but homeopathic remedies are widely available in Southern California. They are so prevalent I believe that the Girl Scouts are required to sell them instead of cookies. The wife picked up some arnica and some belladonna at a booth at the Trader Joe's just the other day. 🙌 🤣

It’s also probably a function of not having sold them in a long time but the SKUs remain in their e-commerce system.

I know that this will be a big shock to everyone on the board, but homeopathic remedies are widely available in Southern California. They are so prevalent I believe that the Girl Scouts are required to sell them instead of cookies. The wife picked up some arnica and some belladonna at a booth at the Trader Joe's just the other day. 🙌 🤣
I heard Gov Gavin stopped Girl Scout cookie sales because it wasn’t inclusive enough and couldn’t tax it properly.

Reactions: jet812
Seemingly slight, but important distinction: homeopathic remedies vs. naturopathic remedies

Arnica, Belladonna, and things like St. John's wort are plant-derived products that do, in theory, have some ingredients that might or might not be pharmacologically active (they are unproven).

Homeopathic remedies proudly have no active ingredients whatsoever. The claim is that they have the "memory" of such ingredients from the magic water that was used in their preparation through repeated dilutions. The residue (ie the sugar tablet) retains that magic. It makes the water in your stomach be magical too, and then it can remember those formerly-present ingredients.

Makes sense, right? No, I ABSOLUTELY AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!

Sorry mate, he doesn’t sound very intelligent. Brainwashed perhaps.
It's strange because he is very intelligent other than this. I don't understand why he believes that COVID is a hoax or that the vaccine is dangerous but he does. I've ordered him to do some counseling with a Doctor on base and I hope he will at least come to understand that the vaccine is harmless and take that so I don't have to separate him.

Reactions: outside shooter
It's strange because he is very intelligent other than this. I don't understand why he believes that COVID is a hoax or that the vaccine is dangerous but he does. I've ordered him to do some counseling with a Doctor on base and I hope he will at least come to understand that the vaccine is harmless and take that so I don't have to separate him.
If I may, I wouldn’t use wording to him like “harmless.” That’s not yet known. I’d use phrasing like “statistically safe” or something else. There have been many adverse reactions that add up to a scary number but they’re nominal at scale.

Telling him they’re harmless when there have been documented harms, probably makes him trust you less.

Reactions: jet812 and MrBing
If I may, I wouldn’t use wording to him like “harmless.” That’s not yet known. I’d use phrasing like “statistically safe” or something else. There have been many adverse reactions that add up to a scary number but they’re nominal at scale.

Telling him they’re harmless when there have been documented harms, probably makes him trust you less.
I'm not counseling him other than to tell him that I've been vaccinated as have everyone else in the wing except him. The Doctor is going to counsel him on COVID and the vaccine and he's trained to do counseling.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT