ADVERTISEMENT

First discharges from the military for refusing COVID vaccines . . .

Yes. I know someone who won't get vaccinated because his doctor told him it wasn't a real vaccine, but some kind of secret population control scheme.
Hell, I think stoll has said his doctor (or maybe a doctor buddy) is a vaccine skeptic, but is convinced he's cured Covid with Ivermectin.

That the vaccine includes a microchip, that the vaccine alters your DNA, that people taking the vaccine can shed virus and infect their loved ones, that Pfizer employs a different vaccine in the U.S. than in Europe, that a bunch of steps were skipped in the vaccine approval process, mRNA vaccines are untested, getting the covid vaccine actually gives you covid, vaccines are causing variants, covid vaccines make you infertile.

I'm sure I'm missing some. Truth be told, it would have been a lot easier for Mas to answer this.
They’re experimental, not FDA approved, GIVE you delta variant, provide no protection because people still get COVID, and more.

If you Google monoclonal antibodies it will be clear drug companies make far more from them. If profit were the motivation would they not be sabotaging their vaccines to up the antibody sales?

Ivermectin doesn't even help with COVID and the same people griping about vaccines are delivering a "bonanza" to the companies manufacturing it.

Ivermectin Doesn’t Help Covid, But Generic Drug Makers Are Cashing In​

And the US is sitting on over 60 million doses of Hydroxychloroquine that the former guy ordered:

Last edited:
Ivermectin doesn't even help with COVID and the same people griping about vaccines are delivering a "bonanza" to the companies manufacturing it.

I like a line in there, "People are desperate". Desperate for anything except a vaccine.

Hopefully it's helping. Lots of poorer countries with limited access to vaccines are using it.

Hopefully it's helping. Lots of poorer countries with limited access to vaccines are using it.
At this point I am not sure we shouldn't say, "Come January 31, we are shipping every vial of vaccine in America to poor countries. We will not allow any more vaccine to be sold except to people who age into the vaccine age requirements. If you do not vaccinate by January 31, it is an irrevocable decision. This does not apply to boosters."

At this point I am not sure we shouldn't say, "Come January 31, we are shipping every vial of vaccine in America to poor countries. We will not allow any more vaccine to be sold except to people who age into the vaccine age requirements. If you do not vaccinate by January 31, it is an irrevocable decision. This does not apply to boosters."
Many of these countries don't have vaccines; have vaccines with a much lower effective rate; aren't getting second shots, on and on, and have very low vaccination rates. Omnicron is spreading like wildfire in America AMONGST the vaccinated population. That means vaccinated people are giving it to vaccinated people. So all our whining and judging about people here not being vaccinated is relatively immaterial it seems as to the question of stamping Covid out as long as our borders are open and variants continue to emerge in poorer countries with low vax rates. Right?

So if what I wrote is correct, in my eyes, your suggestion is the only solution. What's more it should be adopted by other "rich" countries

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Well, India stopped recommending Ivermectin in September because it doesn't do anything for COVID.

Merck, which still sells ivermectin under the brand name Stromectol, warned in February there was “no meaningful evidence” it was effective against Covid.

It's really sad. These people can't get a vaccine in places like Indonesia, so they're desperate to take anything they think will help...and the makers of these drugs in India are spurring people to take it and raking in the cash on false pretenses.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Well, India stopped recommending Ivermectin in September because it doesn't do anything for COVID.

Merck, which still sells ivermectin under the brand name Stromectol, warned in February there was “no meaningful evidence” it was effective against Covid.

It's really sad. These people can't get a vaccine in places like Indonesia, so they're desperate to take anything they think will help...and the makers of these drugs in India are spurring people to take it and raking in the cash on false pretenses.
For sure.

You've got India with a vax rate of 38%; Indonesia 38%; and Pakistan at 26%. 3 of the 5 most populated countries in the world

Many of these countries don't have vaccines; have vaccines with a much lower effective rate; aren't getting second shots, on and on, and have very low vaccination rates. Omnicron is spreading like wildfire in America AMONGST the vaccinated population. That means vaccinated people are giving it to vaccinated people. So all our whining and judging about people here not being vaccinated is relatively immaterial it seems as to the question of stamping Covid out as long as our borders are open and variants continue to emerge in poorer countries with low vax rates. Right?

So if what I wrote is correct, in my eyes, your suggestion is the only solution. What's more it should be adopted by other "rich" countries
This is what is so ridiculous about the media and the Omicron variant. As far as I've been able to determine, the symptoms are a mild common cold for 1 day. Scratchy throat. Runny nose. Achiness. In fact in London they think most people who think they have the common cold probably have Omicron.

One person has died from Omicron as far as I've read. One in the entire world. So, just because the Omicron variant doesn't seem very responsive to the vaccines, Delta IS responsive to the vaccine and that's what's killing Americans at the rate of a 9/11 every other day.

The "media" is being very irresponsible by fanning the flames of Omicron and then telling them the vaccines don't work against it. It's only going to make people who are reluctant to get the vaccine even more reluctant. And that's going to kill people.

This is what is so ridiculous about the media and the Omicron variant. As far as I've been able to determine, the symptoms are a mild common cold for 1 day. Scratchy throat. Runny nose. Achiness. In fact in London they think most people who think they have the common cold probably have Omicron.

One person has died from Omicron as far as I've read. One in the entire world. So, just because the Omicron variant doesn't seem very responsive to the vaccines, Delta IS responsive to the vaccine and that's what's killing Americans at the rate of a 9/11 every other day.

The "media" is being very irresponsible by fanning the flames of Omicron and then telling them the vaccines don't work against it. It's only going to make people who are reluctant to get the vaccine even more reluctant. And that's going to kill people.
Yup. And other countries are joining in. I'm in a group chat with a bunch of Canadians that I played soccer with years ago. We're playing in a tournament in Fla next month. One of the guys posted yesterday that Ontario limited social gatherings to 5, all bars and restaurants to close as of Dec 18, and schools by Dec 17. Over Omnicron

Reactions: DrHoops
Yup. And other countries are joining in. I'm in a group chat with a bunch of Canadians that I played soccer with years ago. We're playing in a tournament in Fla next month. One of the guys posted yesterday that Ontario limited social gatherings to 5, all bars and restaurants to close as of Dec 18, and schools by Dec 17. Over Omnicron

From the Guardian article

"Separately, a (UK) government science adviser has suggested that panic around the oncoming Omicron wave is unjustified. Speaking in a personal capacity, Prof Robert Dingwall, a former government Covid adviser from Nottingham Trent University, told the Daily Telegraph: “The Omicron situation seems to be increasingly absurd. There is obviously a lot of snobbery about South African science and medicine but their top people are as good as any you would find in a more universally developed country. They clearly don’t feel that the elite panic over here is justified, even allowing for the demographic differences in vulnerability – which are probably more than cancelled by the higher vaccination rate."

It’s one of the fears us loony right wingers have is that the machine will never shut down. COVID is now big business for media and science grifters and they’ll keep this going as long as they can.

We have plenty of evidence that this concern is likely to come true until someone does something about it which might take until the midterm election. Once we knew, relatively early on, that COVID wasn’t the Bubonic plague, the leaders took far too long to reasonably relax restrictions. The mandates are insane and what’s going on in other western democracies is even more so. Fauci still being in place, after being caught flat out lying multiple times, doesn’t help. The corporate media attack on DeSantis - who has handled the pandemic as well as anybody since the initial scare ended - doesn’t help.

COVID is now big business - and we’ll have to wrest power back to normal when it’s time - and it’s going to be a major fight.

From the Guardian artical:

"Separately, a (UK) government science adviser has suggested that panic around the oncoming Omicron wave is unjustified. Speaking in a personal capacity, Prof Robert Dingwall, a former government Covid adviser from Nottingham Trent University, told the Daily Telegraph: “The Omicron situation seems to be increasingly absurd. There is obviously a lot of snobbery about South African science and medicine but their top people are as good as any you would find in a more universally developed country. They clearly don’t feel that the elite panic over here is justified, even allowing for the demographic differences in vulnerability – which are probably more than cancelled by the higher vaccination rate."
Careful Dr., you sound like you’ve been red-pilled.

It’s one of the fears us loony right wingers have is that the machine will never shut down. COVID is now big business for media and science grifters and they’ll keep this going as long as they can.

We have plenty of evidence that this concern is likely to come true until someone does something about it which might take until the midterm election. Once we knew, relatively early on, that COVID wasn’t the Bubonic plague, the leaders took far too long to reasonably relax restrictions. The mandates are insane and what’s going on in other western democracies is even more so. Fauci still being in place, after being caught flat out lying multiple times, doesn’t help. The corporate media attack on DeSantis - who has handled the pandemic as well as anybody since the initial scare ended - doesn’t help.

COVID is now big business - and we’ll have to wrest power back to normal when it’s time - and it’s going to be a major fight.
Maybe Missouri's new position is the only way. I don't know. At first blush it seems nutty

I prefer to live in the world of reality, I guess.
Most of us do sir. Rarely is the narrative fully True and unfortunately rarely is the narrative viewed skeptically. We won’t get good information until we demand accuracy and impartiality and we won’t get that until we exhibit skepticism.

The problem is there will always be a new thing to freak out about. Once COVID becomes boring they'll move on to something else.

I don't think informing people about the real dangers of COVID is a bad thing, but this Omicron stuff is getting ridiculous. If it's no worse than a common cold, what are we supposed to do with that information?

Kinda like this:

dhs-threat1.jpg

Last edited:
Skepticism is the very FOUNDATION of science. Test and retest, just to make sure. Try different assumptions, different models, different methods, and see if a previous conclusion stands up.

People are coopting that word, though, to mean fact denialism.
The problem is in translation. There are no worse communicators than doctors. The worst! So what scientists "understand," and take for granted is often either poorly communicated or lost in translation to lay people and contributes greatly to the disconnect. At the time vaccines were being rolled out and the public encouraged to take same no one was under the impression that a year later we'd be facing the exact same restrictions on the horizon and that a variant would be passing from vaccinated person to vaccinated person

At the time vaccines were being rolled out and the public encouraged to take same no one was under the impression that a year later we'd be facing the exact same restrictions on the horizon...
I know that I was on here telling people that it's not some super duper force field or plastic bubble to keep out the virus. It will likely make you not notice that you even have it, if you get it, since it will go away fast and be mild. That is still true, statistically speaking, though we are creeping downward in protection in part due to the 50% of so that are unvaccinated (much more than that, considering worldwide numbers) and that keep the COVID ball rolling.

I know that I was on here telling people that it's not some super duper force field or plastic bubble to keep out the virus. It will likely make you not notice that you even have it, if you get it, since it will go away fast and be mild. That is still true, statistically speaking, though we are creeping downward in protection in part due to the 50% of so that are unvaccinated (much more than that, considering worldwide numbers) and that keep the COVID ball rolling.
The problem is that what was presented to us was a very myopic view - it didn't account for our control or lack of control over the rest of the world and it's impact on us. As Mark says hopefully Omnicron is a step in the deluding of Covid that will eventually get us out of it. Absent that I predict a very fractured country, world for that matter, where some states impose restrictions and others just stop counting

Reactions: jet812
The problem is in translation. There are no worse communicators than doctors. The worst! So what scientists "understand," and take for granted is often either poorly communicated or lost in translation to lay people and contributes greatly to the disconnect. At the time vaccines were being rolled out and the public encouraged to take same no one was under the impression that a year later we'd be facing the exact same restrictions on the horizon and that a variant would be passing from vaccinated person to vaccinated person

50% of communication is listening. I'd humbly suggest that at least 50% of the problem lies there.

Skepticism is the very FOUNDATION of science. Test and retest, just to make sure. Try different assumptions, different models, different methods, and see if a previous conclusion stands up.

People are coopting that word, though, to mean fact denialism.
Skepticism should be the foundation of science I agree. But in many circles, skepticism has been replaced by groupthink, politics, and narratives. These circles exist across political lines. Climate change denialism, COVID hyper-exaggeration, etc are all bad for Big Science.

Most of us do sir. Rarely is the narrative fully True and unfortunately rarely is the narrative viewed skeptically. We won’t get good information until we demand accuracy and impartiality and we won’t get that until we exhibit skepticism.

For instance, look at this headline:

"Can Anything Stop the Omicron Wave?"

It's not until the end of the 3rd paragraph (after a frightening graph) that they say:

"Most significant, we are already seeing early indications from England — like those from South Africa — that the illnesses caused by the new variant appear overwhelmingly mild."

If it bleeds, it leads.

"The Media Variant Hits New York City"

"It began, as these things often do, in the group chats. Everyone seemed to know someone who’d tested positive that very morning. Suddenly, it all spilled on to Twitter. “we’re calling the wave of COVID currently ravaging Brooklyn ‘The Media Variant,’” tweeted BuzzFeed’s Julia Reinstein. Business Insider’s Jake Swearingen wrote: “you have about 12 hours left to get covid if you want to stay on trend.” The writer Jamie Lauren Keiles: “everyone who is anyone has covid right now.

For sure.

You've got India with a vax rate of 38%; Indonesia 38%; and Pakistan at 26%. 3 of the 5 most populated countries in the world
Well, the other sad thing is I have an Indian co-worker whose parents still live there. She said that although they were told they were vaccinated, she and they suspect they were probably injected with water, or at best, watered down/stale vax of suspect origin.

Well, the other sad thing is I have an Indian co-worker whose parents still live there. She said that although they were told they were vaccinated, she and they suspect they were probably injected with water, or at best, watered down/stale vax of suspect origin.
What’s going on in Bangladesh? One of the top pop densities in the world and they are flat with cases while the rest of the world is raging.

For instance, look at this headline:

"Can Anything Stop the Omicron Wave?"

It's not until the end of the 3rd paragraph (after a frightening graph) that they say:

"Most significant, we are already seeing early indications from England — like those from South Africa — that the illnesses caused by the new variant appear overwhelmingly mild."

If it bleeds, it leads.
Meanwhile - nobody in corporate media or Left Science - is concerned with the second and third order effects of insane COVID policies and their restrictions. Fentanyl overdoses have supplanted all other CODs for 18-45 year olds. But all we hear about are the 800k dead.

Meanwhile - nobody in corporate media or Left Science - is concerned with the second and third order effects of insane COVID policies and their restrictions. Fentanyl overdoses have supplanted all other CODs for 18-45 year olds.

So was it the checks?

"We definitely believe that there’s a correlation between the recent stimulus checks that were sent out and the overdoses we’re seeing right now," Lauren Cummings, executive director of the Northern Shenandoah Valley Substance Abuse Coalition, told Fox News. "We saw an increase in overdoses after the first round of stimulus payouts. We annually see an increase in overdoses following tax returns."

Damn, those tax refunds can be deadly.

From the Guardian article

Let's let it loose and end this thing.

So was it the checks?

"We definitely believe that there’s a correlation between the recent stimulus checks that were sent out and the overdoses we’re seeing right now," Lauren Cummings, executive director of the Northern Shenandoah Valley Substance Abuse Coalition, told Fox News. "We saw an increase in overdoses after the first round of stimulus payouts. We annually see an increase in overdoses following tax returns."

Damn, those tax refunds can be deadly.
It can certainly be both

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT