ADVERTISEMENT

FBI Raided Sen. Richard Burr's Home Tonight

As a lawyer, are you Ok with Comey withholding important info to the Flynn defensive team? It is a very simple question
Once again, I’m asking you to explain, in your own words, what the scandal is and what crimes were committed. Instead of doing that you’re asking me questions. That does not persuade me there is any basis for your claim that heads should roll.

This reminds me, by the way, of all the people who insisted that the Clinton Foundation was a huge scandal, but couldn’t explain why and told me I was a blinkered partisan if I couldn’t see it.

Once again, I’m asking you to explain, in your own words, what the scandal is and what crimes were committed. Instead of doing that you’re asking me questions. That does not persuade me there is any basis for your claim that heads should roll.

This reminds me, by the way, of all the people who insisted that the Clinton Foundation was a huge scandal, but couldn’t explain why and told me I was a blinkered partisan if I couldn’t see it.
That is what I did. #4 above, I state that it has been purported that Comey withheld info from the Flynn defense. Yes, I am asking you if you are ok with that?
How about Comey saying it was a “close call’ as to whether Flynn was lying? Are we all ok with close calls now in determining guilt and the whole reasonable doubt thingy.
How about deceiving Flynn as to the purpose of the interview, having him believe he was not the target of the investigation, and encouraging him not to obtain counsel. Are you cool with that too?
How about Page, who was not even present at the interview, editing the 302 (one of several it appears).
How about all the leaks to the Post from the FBI? You ok with that? Or are you going to just tell me I am not putting things in my own words again?

Last edited:
That is what I did. #4 above, I state that it has been purported that Comey withheld info from the Flynn defense. Yes, I am asking you if you are ok with that?
How about Comey saying it was a “close call’ as to whether Flynn was lying? Are we all ok with close calls now in determining guilt and the whole reasonable doubt thingy.
How about deceiving Flynn as to the purpose of the interview, having him believe he was not the target of the investigation, and encouraging him not to obtain counsel. Are you cool with that too?
How about Page, who was not even present at the interview, editing the 302 (one of several it appears).
How about all the leaks to the Post from the FBI? You ok with that? Or are you going to just tell me I am not putting things in my own words again?
You still aren’t explaining anything. You’re making claims and asking me to agree that they’re self-evidently scandalous. Show your work.

Reactions: Digressions
Just as I wondered why only Paul Manafort and not Michael Cohen was released from prison over Coronavirus concerns, I wonder why only Burr and not Loeffler was raided.
Just make sure Cohen would learn a valuable lesson? Had he stayed with Trump without spilling the beans, he could be the secretary of Treasury or even the Attorney General.

Technically, it might not be descriptive to say "the FBI raided Burr's home," though don't take that as a criticism. Every report I read today about this suggests that the only thing subpoenaed was his phone. I saw no mention that the FBI was looking for documents or anything else in the home.

This account specifically says, "Investigators obtained a search warrant to examine data in the senator’s cloud storage for his iPhone, according to a person familiar with the case."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/14/fbi-richard-burr-warrant/

I'm curious why they weren't looking for other documentation as well, since the transactions sound a bit extensive to do just on a phone (though certainly it can be done that way). Burr has been reported to have "sold between $600,000 and $1.7 million in stocks in 30 transactions from late January through mid-February." https://www.cbsnews.com/news/richar...man-steps-down-fbi-investigation-stock-sales/

Other stories I won't bother to link say the sold stocks were for more than 20 traded companies.

i think we can assume he didn't do financial research for that many companies on his phone so what are they looking for? They don't need the phone to prove the transactions took place. Is it likely they are trying to trace his whereabouts to, say, a specific committee meeting room when he triggered the sales?
They technically also wouldn't need his phone to access his cloud storage...

You still aren’t explaining anything. You’re making claims and asking me to agree that they’re self-evidently scandalous. Show your work.
I am not an attorney. Other than Business Law at IU, I have never studied law. I am not going to sit here and answer your interrogatory. I have cited several items in which Comey and his minions acted in an inappropriate manner. The idea that Strzok allowed Page to make any edits whatsoever is unacceptable. Strzok editing, to the point of trying not to “re-write” is also not acceptable. As from Real Clear Politics:

The new Flynn documents shed light on what happened during the unusual three weeks composing the 302. They include texts between Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page, who were communicating extensively during an extramarital affair in interchanges revealing anti-Trump bias and resulting in their later dismissal from Mueller’s investigation.

In one text, dated February 10, Strzok tells Page he is heavily editing Pientka’s 302 form to the point he’s “trying not to completely re-write” it. Other messages reveal that Page, who did not attend the interview, reviewed the 302 form and made editing suggestions. On February 14, Page texts Strzok, "Is Andy good with the 302?" – presumably referring to FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe. The next day, February 15, the Flynn 302 was officially submitted and filed with the FBI.

FBI supervisors like Strzok, however, are not supposed to rewrite other agents’ 302 forms. Nor are 302 forms supposed to be edited by FBI personnel who were not present at the interview, and both of these things happened in the Flynn case. “I've probably written in the close to the low thousands of 302s. I've probably supervised or overseen thousands upon thousands of more of those,” James Gagliano, retired 25-year veteran of the FBI and current CNN analyst, told RealClearInvestigations. “This is not how we do business as an FBI supervisor. I never, ever materially altered a 302.”

This has been a hit-job from day one. I would be shocked if you didn’t agree, and are just arguing to....well....argue.

I am not an attorney. Other than Business Law at IU, I have never studied law. I am not going to sit here and answer your interrogatory. I have cited several items in which Comey and his minions acted in an inappropriate manner. The idea that Strzok allowed Page to make any edits whatsoever is unacceptable. Strzok editing, to the point of trying not to “re-write” is also not acceptable. As from Real Clear Politics:

The new Flynn documents shed light on what happened during the unusual three weeks composing the 302. They include texts between Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page, who were communicating extensively during an extramarital affair in interchanges revealing anti-Trump bias and resulting in their later dismissal from Mueller’s investigation.

In one text, dated February 10, Strzok tells Page he is heavily editing Pientka’s 302 form to the point he’s “trying not to completely re-write” it. Other messages reveal that Page, who did not attend the interview, reviewed the 302 form and made editing suggestions. On February 14, Page texts Strzok, "Is Andy good with the 302?" – presumably referring to FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe. The next day, February 15, the Flynn 302 was officially submitted and filed with the FBI.

FBI supervisors like Strzok, however, are not supposed to rewrite other agents’ 302 forms. Nor are 302 forms supposed to be edited by FBI personnel who were not present at the interview, and both of these things happened in the Flynn case. “I've probably written in the close to the low thousands of 302s. I've probably supervised or overseen thousands upon thousands of more of those,” James Gagliano, retired 25-year veteran of the FBI and current CNN analyst, told RealClearInvestigations. “This is not how we do business as an FBI supervisor. I never, ever materially altered a 302.”

This has been a hit-job from day one. I would be shocked if you didn’t agree, and are just arguing to....well....argue.
That's what I thought. You don't know what you're talking about, but you've read stuff that pissed you off, and now you're making claims you can't support. Yet I'm the blinkered partisan.

Unimpressive.

Reactions: Circlejoe

Do you believe there was zero wrongdoing by Flynn?

Do you believe there was zero wrongdoing by Flynn?
I am not informed enough to know. I know you think he did, and I respect that. From my understanding, the call in question to Sergi (whatever his name is) was recorded, and everyone new it was recorded. Flynn knew people were listening. I find it hard to believe that a heavily decorated 3star general would intentionally lie, knowing people already knew the answer, but maybe he did.
I do believe that the FBI, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, all tried to ambush Flynn. There is no doubt in my mind on that. What I don’t know is if that should just be regarded as “par for the course” inside the beltway.

Jim, even if we assume Hemingway's reporting is 100% accurate, there's a long way from "Strzok and Page were talking about 302 reports" and "Flynn was railroaded by the Obama administration, and heads should roll." You're going from Point A to Point Z and skipping the 24 intervening stopovers.

It's possible there was some grand conspiracy here. Conspiracies really do exist. But you haven'd demonstrated it, and from my digging on Google tonight, it seems to me that no one else has, either. Rather, a bunch of extremely questionable websites have told their readers that all of this clearly adds up to a grand conspiracy, without much of an explanation, and you apparently have read some of those websites, because you come here and are flabbergasted that it's not all self-evident to the rest of us.

When you did type out a few bullet points to me, I raised objections, which you then selectively mostly ignored. In response to Rock's request that you lay out your theory of the case in detail, you Gish Galloped a bunch of random "Aren't you outraged about X?" questions, and then steadfastly refused to fulfill his request because you're "not an attorney."

I humbly submit to you that your posting on this topic strongly suggests that you've been somewhat bamboozled, i.e., you've been convinced to accept as fact something without evidence, simply because you were already primed to believe it, anyway.

Reactions: Timmy!
Jim, even if we assume Hemingway's reporting is 100% accurate, there's a long way from "Strzok and Page were talking about 302 reports" and "Flynn was railroaded by the Obama administration, and heads should roll." You're going from Point A to Point Z and skipping the 24 intervening stopovers.

It's possible there was some grand conspiracy here. Conspiracies really do exist. But you haven'd demonstrated it, and from my digging on Google tonight, it seems to me that no one else has, either. Rather, a bunch of extremely questionable websites have told their readers that all of this clearly adds up to a grand conspiracy, without much of an explanation, and you apparently have read some of those websites, because you come here and are flabbergasted that it's not all self-evident to the rest of us.

When you did type out a few bullet points to me, I raised objections, which you then selectively mostly ignored. In response to Rock's request that you lay out your theory of the case in detail, you Gish Galloped a bunch of random "Aren't you outraged about X?" questions, and then steadfastly refused to fulfill his request because you're "not an attorney."

I humbly submit to you that your posting on this topic strongly suggests that you've been somewhat bamboozled, i.e., you've been convinced to accept as fact something without evidence, simply because you were already primed to believe it, anyway.
No, not bamboozled. I am not a grand conspiracy theorist. I just don’t fall for the Obama, Comey, McCabe, Biden are as pure as the driven snow. I offered quotes from experts within the FBI for decades, that came to some of the same questions. I offered quotes from Page, Strzok, and Comey, Rice and Yates that were either taken from email, text, or given as answers to a line of questioning. Are identical quotes from The Hill or RCP different from the Post or Times? does it matter where I receive quotes, and determine my own thoughts on them? Do they take on a different meaning? Why are you and Rock not answering the questions that I have offered to you?
This is not about being bamboozled.

Tell me in you own words, the basis for which the Flynn investigation began, and why it was continued, even after evidence to the contrary? Please be specific.

I am not informed enough to know. I know you think he did, and I respect that. From my understanding, the call in question to Sergi (whatever his name is) was recorded, and everyone new it was recorded. Flynn knew people were listening. I find it hard to believe that a heavily decorated 3star general would intentionally lie, knowing people already knew the answer, but maybe he did.
I do believe that the FBI, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, all tried to ambush Flynn. There is no doubt in my mind on that. What I don’t know is if that should just be regarded as “par for the course” inside the beltway.
I think this is a lot of repeated talking points from very very biased news sources.

All of the below can be true at the same time:
  1. Stzrok and Page were biased. Clearly and overtly and they were removed from the special counsel investigation team. Their careers are also ruined.
  2. Flynn stepped out of bounds by contacting the Russian ambassador multiple times before the administration was sworn in - including a call in which he influenced foreign policy against what the current administration was promulgating.
  3. He lied about it to federal law enforcement
  4. With all of the raw intel coming out at the time about Russia, and Trump surrogate behavior - it’s possible that FBI became excited in a nonproductive way over this pawn.
It’s no secret that I don’t think much of Flynn. He was a lousy DIA Director and the DIA is the freshman squad of the DNI. He ran a shady private firm that did a despot’s (Erdogan) dirty work on US soil. His son is a wanna-be operator with no military experience and is a complete shitbird. Classic conservatives would be appalled at his entitlement to help run a private security firm for his dad despite his experience in working for a golf company.

Flynn served alongside his friend Stan McChrystal, an unequivocal American hero like Bill McRaven, for many years and said nothing when Trump directed his childish tantrums against McChrystal. He has no spine like all too many Republicans when it comes to 45. He’s a chump.

Let’s let this play out and let the facts speak for themselves. I humbly suggest you consider the full picture because like all things in life, it’s very unlikely binary.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, not bamboozled. I am not a grand conspiracy theorist. I just don’t fall for the Obama, Comey, McCabe, Biden are as pure as the driven snow. I offered quotes from experts within the FBI for decades, that came to some of the same questions. I offered quotes from Page, Strzok, and Comey, Rice and Yates that were either taken from email, text, or given as answers to a line of questioning. Are identical quotes from The Hill or RCP different from the Post or Times? does it matter where I receive quotes, and determine my own thoughts on them? Do they take on a different meaning? Why are you and Rock not answering the questions that I have offered to you?
This is not about being bamboozled.
No, you haven't offered any of that. You've offered Mark Hemingway's article, which as far as I can tell, is the only actual journalism out there that says any of this at all, and his reporting doesn't prove any sort of conspiracy. Other sites - non-journalistic sites - have taken his reporting and claimed it clearly shows a conspiracy. It clearly does not.

That doesn't mean one doesn't exist, but the idea that it should be self-evident to the rest of us is silly.

Even in this post, you move the goalposts. First, heads should roll, and you're surprised we don't automatically agree with you. Now, you're just saying that all these people aren't "pure as the driven snow." Those are two very different standards. You should consider why it is you can't stick to and/or defend your original one.

Tell me in you own words, the basis for which the Flynn investigation began, and why it was continued, even after evidence to the contrary? Please be specific.
This conversation isn't about the basis for the Flynn investigation. It's about whether or not you can provide any justification whatsoever for your original claims that there is some obvious scandal on the part of the Obama administration here that the rest of us should clearly see. We don't see it, and you continue to fail to provide any evidence whatsoever that might correct our error.

Wait, Hemmingway? Mollie Hemmingway? From The Federalist? Jim's argument derives from a crank website? Jim reads and takes seriously a crank website? Bloody hell.

Mark, her husband. Published on RealClear. So a biased website, to be sure, but not "crank."
Okay, well I don't just dismiss Real Clear, but Mollie Hemingway is a kook, so by the transitive principle I'm pretty skeptical of her husband, no matter where he's published. I'm still at bloody hell.

Rachel just reported that Barr himself signed off on the Burr warrant. They're sure not providing any cover for the Senator.

Okay, well I don't just dismiss Real Clear, but Mollie Hemingway is a kook, so by the transitive principle I'm pretty skeptical of her husband, no matter where he's published. I'm still at bloody hell.
And, importantly, it must be stressed that this article - the only actual journalism I could find that remotely even begins to hint at what Jim says is obvious - doesn't actually say what he wants it to say. Other websites - genuinely "crank" websites - take his article, connect it with dozens of other unrelated dots, and say, "See? Clear as day!"

So, yeah. The next time someone here posts a comprehensive and logical explanation of what this #Obamagate scandal actually is will be the first.

Reactions: Rockfish1
And, importantly, it must be stressed that this article - the only actual journalism I could find that remotely even begins to hint at what Jim says is obvious - doesn't actually say what he wants it to say. Other websites - genuinely "crank" websites - take his article, connect it with dozens of other unrelated dots, and say, "See? Clear as day!"

So, yeah. The next time someone here posts a comprehensive and logical explanation of what this #Obamagate scandal actually is will be the first.
Yes. This is why I want him to explain in his own words what the scandal/crime actually is. It’s “obvious” to people when they read the sources that fill their heads with rot, but when they can’t arrange the nouns and verbs it all falls apart. Or at least everyone else can see it’s fallen apart.

Yes. This is why I want him to explain in his own words what the scandal/crime actually is. It’s “obvious” to people when they read the sources that fill their heads with rot, but when they can’t arrange the nouns and verbs it all falls apart. Or at least everyone else can see it’s fallen apart.
We're not even asking for a convincing argument at this point. We just want to hear what the accusation actually is.

Maybe you find Pulitzer winning journalist Glenn Greenwald a kook, or crank too, I don’t know. He clearly plays to both sides of the aisle. Although he describes the Democratic narrative of the Russian scandal as “unhinged”, he is also openly critical of many of Trumps policies. Another words, I don’t think he squarely sits on one side of the aisle.

Here is his take on the Flynn case. Surprisingly, he does a better job at laying out his thoughts out than I did. So I will let him speak for me, as I am in virtually total agreement with what he says here.
https://theintercept.com/2020/05/14...-corruption-in-the-russiagate-investigations/

Maybe you find Pulitzer winning journalist Glenn Greenwald a kook, or crank too, I don’t know. He clearly plays to both sides of the aisle. Although he describes the Democratic narrative of the Russian scandal as “unhinged”, he is also openly critical of many of Trumps policies. Another words, I don’t think he squarely sits on one side of the aisle.

Here is his take on the Flynn case. Surprisingly, he does a better job at laying out his thoughts out than I did. So I will let him speak for me, as I am in virtually total agreement with what he says here.
https://theintercept.com/2020/05/14...-corruption-in-the-russiagate-investigations/
Greenwald's problem here is the same as yours. He jumps from "Some people appear to have acted badly and given Flynn a raw deal" to this:

But the most critical reason to delve deeply into this case is that it reveals one the most dangerous abuses of power a democracy can suffer: the powers of the CIA, FBI and NSA were blatantly and repeatedly abused to manipulate election outcomes and achieve political advantage.​

with absolutely no justification whatsoever for this explosive accusation. Again, we didn't question your apparent belief that Flynn might have been screwed. We questioned your claim that there was some obvious conspiracy/scandal here that is so self-evident it should have us outraged at Obama/Biden/Whomever. Do you, or do you not, actually have a coherent argument for said scandal?

If all you have is "Flynn got screwed," then fine, I'll grant you that for the sake of argument and move on. But that's not at all remotely close to where this #Obamagate wants us to land. As Trump himself put it, the scandal here is supposed to be that Obama committed a crime, the biggest political crime in American history, and it's obvious to everyone what that crime is. Well, it's not obvious to us. So what is it? Can you explain it or not?

Edit: It occurs to me, Jim, that you haven't explicitly claimed that Obama, Biden, or other high-level Obama administration officials actually committed crimes or engaged in misconduct. It's strongly implied by what you post, and the tenor in which you post it, but you haven't claimed it explicitly. If you don't actually believe any of that, and instead are simply extremely outraged by possible investigative misconduct in the FBI regarding Flynn, then I apologize for reading too much into what you've said, but I would suggest that your level of outrage led me there in a clear, direct line, and perhaps you might want to temper things a bit. If you do think Obama/Biden/Whoever engaged in misconduct in this "scandal," then my original request stands: Explain exactly what you are talking about.

Last edited:
Greenwald's problem here is the same as yours. He jumps from "Some people appear to have acted badly and given Flynn a raw deal" to this:

But the most critical reason to delve deeply into this case is that it reveals one the most dangerous abuses of power a democracy can suffer: the powers of the CIA, FBI and NSA were blatantly and repeatedly abused to manipulate election outcomes and achieve political advantage.​

with absolutely no justification whatsoever for this explosive accusation. Again, we didn't question your apparent belief that Flynn might have been screwed. We questioned your claim that there was some obvious conspiracy/scandal here that is so self-evident it should have us outraged at Obama/Biden/Whomever. Do you, or do you not, actually have a coherent argument for said scandal?

If all you have is "Flynn got screwed," then fine, I'll grant you that for the sake of argument and move on. But that's not at all remotely close to where this #Obamagate wants us to land. As Trump himself put it, the scandal here is supposed to be that Obama committed a crime, the biggest political crime in American history, and it's obvious to everyone what that crime is. Well, it's not obvious to us. So what is it? Can you explain it or not?

Edit: It occurs to me, Jim, that you haven't explicitly claimed that Obama, Biden, or other high-level Obama administration officials actually committed crimes or engaged in misconduct. It's strongly implied by what you post, and the tenor in which you post it, but you haven't claimed it explicitly. If you don't actually believe any of that, and instead are simply extremely outraged by possible investigative misconduct in the FBI regarding Flynn, then I apologize for reading too much into what you've said, but I would suggest that your level of outrage led me there in a clear, direct line, and perhaps you might want to temper things a bit. If you do think Obama/Biden/Whoever engaged in misconduct in this "scandal," then my original request stands: Explain exactly what you are talking about.
Couple of questions: just out of curiosity, do you generally hold Greenwald to a high standard, or is he a crankDid you watch the embedded video? It is long, about 1:45 in length, but he goes into much more detail than the written article. I know it would be a commitment, but I think it would answer several of your questions.
In general, it would be naive to think that Obama was not well aware of the shortcomings, inaccuracies, and inconsistencies of the Russian/Mueller/Flynn investigations. I would absolutely put Comey at the top of the list, followed by some of his minions (Strzok, Page, McCabe). I am not educated in law, and therefore cannot comment on what is criminal vs misconduct vs unethical, etc. But Greenwald is, and is a well decorated journalists on top of being a constitutional lawyer. I usually listen to what he says, and often, find myself in agreement. So in short, yea, Flynn got screwed, a full out ambush, by the highest level of our intelligence community, and I find that very unsavory.

Couple of questions: just out of curiosity, do you generally hold Greenwald to a high standard, or is he a crankDid you watch the embedded video? It is long, about 1:45 in length, but he goes into much more detail than the written article. I know it would be a commitment, but I think it would answer several of your questions.
In general, it would be naive to think that Obama was not well aware of the shortcomings, inaccuracies, and inconsistencies of the Russian/Mueller/Flynn investigations. I would absolutely put Comey at the top of the list, followed by some of his minions (Strzok, Page, McCabe). I am not educated in law, and therefore cannot comment on what is criminal vs misconduct vs unethical, etc. But Greenwald is, and is a well decorated journalists on top of being a constitutional lawyer. I usually listen to what he says, and often, find myself in agreement. So in short, yea, Flynn got screwed, a full out ambush, by the highest level of our intelligence community, and I find that very unsavory.
I can't help but see you evaded the issue, and I don't see how a Glenn Greenwald video would answer questions about what you believe. Unless you just accept what he says without any question. I very much doubt you're that kind of man.

So, you are clear that Flynn got screwed. Great. Do you think Obama was involved? Do you think Biden was involved? Do you think any other high-level administration officials were involved?

What about all of it should make the rest of us "nauseous?"

Where is the misconduct, and what was it, exactly?

I just want to know exactly what you are outraged about, so that I can figure out why I have been unable to see it myself, despite all my "curiosity."

I can't help but see you evaded the issue, and I don't see how a Glenn Greenwald video would answer questions about what you believe. Unless you just accept what he says without any question. I very much doubt you're that kind of man.

So, you are clear that Flynn got screwed. Great. Do you think Obama was involved? Do you think Biden was involved? Do you think any other high-level administration officials were involved?

What about all of it should make the rest of us "nauseous?"

Where is the misconduct, and what was it, exactly?

I just want to know exactly what you are outraged about, so that I can figure out why I have been unable to see it myself, despite all my "curiosity."
Did you watch the video?
Do you respect Greenwald as a journalist?
Greenwald knows a hell of a lot more about this topic and the legality of what transpired, than this entire board combined.
I watched Greenwald’s video, and came away thinking that there are a lot of things that went wrong here.
It bothered me that a highly decorative, 3star General, was treated this way by our own FBI, CIA, NSA, etc.
Yes, of course Obama knew what was going on. He was the President. He may not have been doing the passing, shooting, and dribbling, but he sure as hell was the coach, and Biden was the asst coach.
Where is the misconduct? Are you kidding? Just being obtuse, or argumentative, or is that a sincere question? Ask Page, Strzok, Comey, McCabe all of who were fired for misconduct.

Last edited:
Did you watch the video?
Do you respect Greenwald as a journalist?
Greenwald knows a hell of a lot more about this topic and the legality of what transpired, than this entire board combined.
I watched Greenwald’s video, and came away thinking that there are a lot of things that went wrong here.
It bothered me that a highly decorative, 3star General, was treated this way by our own FBI, CIA, NSA, etc.
Yes, of course Obama knew what was going on. He was the President. He may not have been doing the passing, shooting, and dribbling, but he sure as hell was the coach, and Biden was the asst coach.
Where is the misconduct? Are you kidding? Just being obtuse, or argumentative, or is that a sincere question? Ask Page, Strzok, Comey, McCabe all of who were fired for misconduct.
A few things, again:
  1. It may be that there was investigative misconduct - that will bear itself out
  2. If you’re looking at Flynn as some kind of war hero, he’s not. He’s a career desk jockey who ran his mouth as DIA and then went on to run a sketchy private investigation firm with his dipshit son. One of his firm’s assignments was to do the dirty work of Erdogan on US soil. Is this the conduct of a highly decorated hero?
  3. He’s a liar and a spineless prick when it comes to Trump
  4. greenwald is an excellent investigative journalist - but he’s as anti-government as it gets. Any chance to turn a story into an anti-government narrative gets his juices going.

A few things, again:
  1. It may be that there was investigative misconduct - that will bear itself out
  2. If you’re looking at Flynn as some kind of war hero, he’s not. He’s a career desk jockey who ran his mouth as DIA and then went on to run a sketchy private investigation firm with his dipshit son. One of his firm’s assignments was to do the dirty work of Erdogan on US soil. Is this the conduct of a highly decorated hero?
  4. greenwald is an excellent investigative journalist - but he’s as anti-government as it gets. Any chance to turn a story into an anti-government narrative gets his juices going.
Thanks for a respected reply. You would know far more about Flynn and his history than me. Hero or not, it is hard for me to believe that Flynn wasn’t mistreated. Hero or not, he still has dedicated his life to the US military. As you say, time will tell.

Thanks for a respected reply. You would know far more about Flynn and his history than me. Hero or not, it is hard for me to believe that Flynn wasn’t mistreated. Hero or not, he still has dedicated his life to the US military. As you say, time will tell.

Here’s a good explainer. Flynn ended up on NSA‘S radar because he did a lot of sketchy things. A lot. In fact, almost all of the unmasking occurred before the call to Kislyak. He’s not a great guy and certainly not one I’d want to plant my flag on. Especially when we are rolling to 90,000 dead Americans and counting.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2020/05/...-transition-just-one-led-to-criminal-charges/

It is definitely possible that Flynn was mistreated, at least from a prosecutorial perspective. But I think if you understand his checkered history and factor in the raw intel surrounding Russian meddling at the time of these incidents, you can understand why law enforcement was highly interested and suspicious in him.

A few things, again:
One more question. You say he ran his mouth as DIA. I assume you are speaking of the disagreements he and Obama had wrt the Drone program. How did you feel about the drone program?

Here’s a good explainer. Flynn ended up on NSA‘S radar because he did a lot of sketchy things. A lot. In fact, almost all of the unmasking occurred before the call to Kislyak. He’s not a great guy and certainly not one I’d want to plant my flag on. Especially when we are rolling to 90,000 dead Americans and counting.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2020/05/...-transition-just-one-led-to-criminal-charges/
A couple of things.
-Flynn and Covid 19 are not related nor correlated. Both can be discussed and examined independently.
-Except for an FBI screw-up, the investigation on Flynn was over, done, complete. Due to a filing error, it remained open, and they caught him in a lie, or at least a “close call” lie as Comey put it, and in which the investigators themselves did not think Flynn was lying.
-Greenwald discusses in detail plea arrangements, and the problems with them. If you were arrested for murder, and the DA said, “plea to jaywalking and we will let you go”, what would you do? I am not saying this case is that simple, but you get the direction.
-Sketchy past or not does not give the FBI permission to ambush Flynn in the way they did.

A couple of things.
-Flynn and Covid 19 are not related nor correlated. Both can be discussed and examined independently.
-Except for an FBI screw-up, the investigation on Flynn was over, done, complete. Due to a filing error, it remained open, and they caught him in a lie, or at least a “close call” lie as Comey put it, and in which the investigators themselves did not think Flynn was lying.
-Greenwald discusses in detail plea arrangements, and the problems with them. If you were arrested for murder, and the DA said, “plea to jaywalking and we will let you go”, what would you do? I am not saying this case is that simple, but you get the direction.
-Sketchy past or not does not give the FBI permission to ambush Flynn in the way they did.

They are directly related as this is nothing more than a distraction from the Trump team. It’s red meat to his base. About 2,000 Americans will die today. Like yesterday and the day before.

You do know there’s a Trump tweet out there that says he had to fire Flynn because he lied to the FBI and Pence?

One more question. You say he ran his mouth as DIA. I assume you are speaking of the disagreements he and Obama had wrt the Drone program. How did you feel about the drone program?
Flynn publicly criticized the Obama administration for the broad brush of being “soft on terror - specifically Islamic terror.” And for “underrepresenting the threat of AQ remaining in the region.” As an active duty military officer - that simply cannot be done. McChrystal - a man I highly respect - was caught in the rolling stone article doing that and he was finished. Both of them have since spoken out over how much of a joke Trump is and became the target of a trump tirade - a tirade to which Flynn offered no response. McChrystal and McRaven are surely conservative classic republicans and they can not tolerate Trump’s approach or morals. Flynn - in his quest for power - has shown he’ll lash himself to a charlatan like Trump and even violate rules by contacting enemies of our government and freedom and siding with them.

Does this mean he deserves to be railroaded? Of course not. But context is important and the context at the time was:
  1. Russia was meddling in the election
  2. Trump was off his rocker saying stupid shit like asking Wikileaks (russia) to help him
  3. Flynn ran a super shady firm
if you were an investigator - you wouldn’t have a highly concentrated signal focused on this guy?

Flynn publicly criticized the Obama administration for the broad brush of being “soft on terror - specifically Islamic terror.” And for “underrepresenting the threat of AQ remaining in the region.” As an active duty military officer - that simply cannot be done. McChrystal - a man I highly respect - was caught in the rolling stone article doing that and he was finished. Both of them have since spoken out over how much of a joke Trump is and became the target of a trump tirade - a tirade to which Flynn offered no response. McChrystal and McRaven are surely conservative classic republicans and they can not tolerate Trump’s approach or morals. Flynn - in his quest for power - has shown he’ll lash himself to a charlatan like Trump and even violate rules by contacting enemies of our government and freedom and siding with them.

Does this mean he deserves to be railroaded? Of course not. But context is important and the context at the time was:
  2. Trump was off his rocker saying stupid shit like asking Wikileaks (russia) to help him
if you were an investigator - you wouldn’t have a highly concentrated signal focused on this guy?

I also believe Flynn and his son refused to participate in the Mueller investigation and pleaded the 5th to avoid testifying.

Yes, I would. And it was. And that investigation was concluded, with everyone in agreement that it should be concluded, until somebody came up with Plan B...let's get Flynn to lie. (Once again, some conjecture there, but certainly plenty of smoking guns pointing that direction).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT