ADVERTISEMENT

Edey gets away with murder

Do we have any 6'9 athletic linemen we can bring up for the BTT? We need a Bob Probert type we can put in to knock him around.

accidently posted on the cooler about same time you posted this, they let the big bastard back you down but if you try to hold your ground it's a foul, makes him hard to guard.
also constantly moves and repositions himself into the defender when he sets a screen. I noticed Auburn's big man doing the same thing, and he also wasn't called. Is a moving screen not a foul anymore? I see it called, but how if I'm screening you and then move into you to obstruct your movement even more, is that not a foul?

and still beat IU.
Like last year right TJD and Jalen Hood made you look very bad at Mackey. Then lost to a sixteen seed. Big Ten Championships are great, and you have a lot but true national recognition once Edey is gone may go quickly too.

Last night's comeback they were hitting on all cylinders with the key three Edey, Smith and Jones playing well plus Loyer was on fire. When they lose or struggle, they are like OSU with Edey and Smith committing 9 turnovers and Jones and Loyer shooting like 4 for 17. My belief that the first cannot play 6 straight tourney games like last night and all it takes is one game like OSU to lose early again.

• Haha
Reactions: z_one
Bank on 6 -9 losses next yr..
Jusy how many teams lose the top player in the country and are just as good the following year?
Yeah Edey does get by but watch a full game and watch how he is defended. He gets fouled every possession because they can't contain him. He didn't have stars. He was ranked 431 coming out of high school. Not a sought after player. Painter saw something and took a chance.
If he played for IU you'd complain how often he is fouled without a call. You'd also love the guy. At least he is a class act.
And he's gone after this year.

Jusy how many teams lose the top player in the country and are just as good the following year?
Yeah Edey does get by but watch a full game and watch how he is defended. He gets fouled every possession because they can't contain him. He didn't have stars. He was ranked 431 coming out of high school. Not a sought after player. Painter saw something and took a chance.
If he played for IU you'd complain how often he is fouled without a call. You'd also love the guy. At least he is a class act.
Watched the whole game. His hands, arms, elbows are on them as much as they are him. They are waiting to see people hang on him (which does happen) but often impulsively blow the whistle too often. He got away with a clear foul on Hawkins (clearly grabbed his hand at the basket) near the end of the game that had a big impact on the outcome but props to Purdue hitting timely clutch 3s--that's what won it for them. Nothing not to like about the guy but he clearly gets the benefit of ticky tack calls. The Northwestern game was testament.

Reactions: kkott
I did like the stare down of Hawkins.

“Yeah I fouled you and they ain’t gonna call it so KMA”

I did like the stare down of Hawkins.

“Yeah I fouled you and they ain’t gonna call it so KMA”
I guess the memory of TJD being the most protected player in the BIG is still to recent. Example: TJD doesn't like a foul on Purdue so he chestbumps Gillis right in front of a ref. Of course no call. He's lucky Gillis remained calm.
I guess star players get preferential treatment. The difference being, if you touched TJD it was a foul Edey has at least 2 players hanging on him and hacking him.
Oh and I recognize what a good player TJD was.

• Haha
Reactions: Vern Pain
I guess the memory of TJD being the most protected player in the BIG is still to recent. Example: TJD doesn't like a foul on Purdue so he chestbumps Gillis right in front of a ref. Of course no call. He's lucky Gillis remained calm.
I guess star players get preferential treatment. The difference being, if you touched TJD it was a foul Edey has at least 2 players hanging on him and hacking him.
Oh and I recognize what a good player TJD was.
No comparison between the two.

Oh, and Gillis gets tough and then hides behind Weedy. That was funny.

• Haha
Reactions: z_one
And one will have an NBA career and then a nice career in business if he chooses.

Good to see you still here
If you don't think Edey has a career in basketball youre not being honest. Maybe it won't he won't get a 2nd contract in thr NBA (He will get drafted) but it will be somewhere, and easily better than 99% of the people on this board.

If you don't think Edey has a career in basketball youre not being honest. Maybe it won't he won't get a 2nd contract in thr NBA (He will get drafted) but it will be somewhere, and easily better than 99% of the people on this board.
Mongolia has a pretty nice basketball league. Anybody in the NBA that thinks Edey can play outside of 5 feet of the basket should be managing a team in Mongolia.

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
I've thought for awhile that Edey will get drafted and play in the league awhile. To me the NBA is about mismatches and with the move to smaller bigs, he'll give somebody a bench option to come in and protect the paint and provide a reliable defender, post scorer and rebounder. I don't know that he'll be a starter, but I think some coach will value having him provide a different look off the bench. Not to mention I think he's an incredibly hard worker and has improved his weaknesses as much as anyone has in recent memory.

PS, and yes, I think he gets away with murder and don't enjoy watching him play, but as long as the refs are going to allow it, he (and Painter) would be stupid not to take advantage of it.

Last edited:
Feel free to criticize or disagree with anything I post...that is how we learn and get better.

I only ask that you disagree with or criticize things that I actually posted.

There are countless pu trolls here and on their own boards that twist and distort what I post, I don't need it from IU fans.

TIA

I've thought for awhile that Edey will get drafted and play in the league awhile. To me the NBA is about mismatches and with the move to smaller bigs, he'll give somebody a bench option to come in and protect the paint and provide a reliable defender, post scorer and rebounder. I don't know that he'll be a starter, but I think some coach will value having him provide a different look off the bench. Not to mention I think he's an incredibly hard worker and has improved his weaknesses as much as anyone has in recent memory.

PS, and yes, I think he gets away with murder and don't enjoy watching him play, but as long as the refs are going to allow it, he (and Painter) would be stupid not to take advantage of it.
And I don't blame Edey or dislike him for what he gets away with either...he simply takes what is given.

Purdue wins the BIG outright & where do their fans run to? You guessed it, to a IU forum.

FWIW, congrats to the Boilers on their win.
Just wanted to read the pompous comments about IU still being a Blue Blood and whatever insults they can think of to help you all sleep at night. Good luck in New York. That is if you get out of Loosier-ville

Feel free to criticize or disagree with anything I post...that is how we learn and get better.

I only ask that you disagree with or criticize things that I actually posted.

There are countless pu trolls here and on their own boards that twist and distort what I post, I don't need it from IU fans.

TIA
Because I am the great all knowing Courtsensetwo! Now be gone.

And one will have an NBA career and then a nice career in business if he chooses.

Good to see you still here
Thank you. Edey will play in the NBA. I'm guessing he gets drafted and probably not as late as TJD. As far as length of career, I don't know. Both represented their universities well. Edey was born in the wrong era of basketball. In the 80's he's probably the first pick of the draft. I hope both do well.

Thank you. Edey will play in the NBA. I'm guessing he gets drafted and probably not as late as TJD. As far as length of career, I don't know. Both represented their universities well. Edey was born in the wrong era of basketball. In the 80's he's probably the first pick of the draft. I hope both do well.
No you don’t but post what you need to in order to gain acceptance from big bro.

• Haha
Reactions: The Objective Man
How many NCAA championships has Purdue's male team won in basketball? Notice I didn't say "men" because Purdue doesn't have any men.
Is that supposed to be as much intimidating as your death stare?

No you don’t but post what you need to in order to gain acceptance from big

No you don’t but post what you need to in order to gain acceptance from big bro.
Big Bro? 5 stars running as fast as they can away from this shit show. Next year should be a big bro special - what’s your prediction where you finish in the conference? Meanwhile we have Catchings and Harris and 4 other solid guys coming in. I told you you are delusional - time to accept the stamp of mediocrity

Reactions: Emartin70287
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT