ADVERTISEMENT

"During Game" You vs. "Rest of the Time" You.........

iubigman

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2002
So, somewhat related to the mess below, I was thinking a lot last night about the fan I am during games, vs. the way I am "not during games".

Me during the last week: "Well, I am really ticked off about Wednesday, but I can't see us getting that cold for 10 minutes again this season."
"We should take care of Iowa and if we get a win vs. MSU, we'll be OK even if we bow out of the BTT early."
"I'm still not 100% on Crean, but this season is going the way I thought it would, and 11-7 is about where I had us."

Me during the game last night: "Way to go Stan."
"Wow James, good to know you can't play a full college schedule!"
"WTF are you doing putting Burton and Hoetzel in now and Yogi on the Bench!"
"Oh a missed layup, 5 point swing coming up.....and there it is, good work Emmit"
"Guess we'll suck for 5 years, thanks Crean"

This is probably not out of the ordinary for many. I, probably for the worst, have been like this forever.

Relax....

Did we have a game?

That's kind of where I'm at.

I used to live and die with IU hoops but haven't for a long time. Sometimes I miss it. Sometimes I'm glad that I'm not that way anymore.

I suspect Mrs McHoop thinks I'm losing my mind.....

when, from an adjacent room, she hears me bark out "POPPIN' FRESH!!!" at the TV when SR enters the game. Of course, he was true to form last night.

McHoop
apple-turnover-e1404601682856.png

The last game I watched was Michigan on Feb 8.....

I will watch the last game, hopefully that last one coached by CTC. Maybe I will see the BTT game, but haven't seen the schedule.

I watch every game, and I used to be like you.

And with a coaching change, I'll be animated like you again. But for now, I watch and usually sarcastically laugh. It's pretty comical to watch.

I wanted IU to lose last night. I know I'm not the only one.

For the greater good.

"During the last week" you has not existed for more than a year for most.

At least on here. Since the Syracuse game, I don't think the majority has watched an Indiana basketball game and parlayed that into optimism about the next game.

This post was edited on 3/4 4:48 PM by HA2740

During the game me...

Watching something else or reading a book. I refuse to watch Crean basketball. I won't watch another IU game until he is fired.

Rest of the time me....pretty much the same

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT