ADVERTISEMENT

IU continues to face strong non-conference opponents...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
This started showing up on posts yesterday and was in the Hoosier Daily article today on the front page. I thought I would put it on here for any discussion someone may have.

IU will play in the College Baseball Classic in Frisco, Texas next season from March 1 thru 3. It's a four-team setup that includes Dallas Baptist, Alabama, and Arizona, all strong baseball programs.

Indiana opens the tournament with a game vs. Alabama before playing Dallas Baptist on Saturday and Arizona on Sunday.

All four programs made the NCAA Tournament last season and three -- Indiana, Dallas Baptist and Alabama -- won at least 40 games last season.

Alabama faced some adversity over the firing of their head coach over the gambling issue that surfaced during last season. They had some players transfer out over the firing of the head coach, but being a SEC program, they will probably still have a strong roster for the upcoming season.

This started showing up on posts yesterday and was in the Hoosier Daily article today on the front page. I thought I would put it on here for any discussion someone may have.

IU will play in the College Baseball Classic in Frisco, Texas next season from March 1 thru 3. It's a four-team setup that includes Dallas Baptist, Alabama, and Arizona, all strong baseball programs.

Indiana opens the tournament with a game vs. Alabama before playing Dallas Baptist on Saturday and Arizona on Sunday.

All four programs made the NCAA Tournament last season and three -- Indiana, Dallas Baptist and Alabama -- won at least 40 games last season.

Alabama faced some adversity over the firing of their head coach over the gambling issue that surfaced during last season. They had some players transfer out over the firing of the head coach, but being a SEC program, they will probably still have a strong roster for the upcoming season.
I have a son at Bama. Headed up Monday to move him into his new place. They (Bama) only see IU as basketball and soccer. They expect to roll us in baseball. Love to kick their ass. Go Hoosiers! Thx for posting.

I have a son at Bama. Headed up Monday to move him into his new place. They (Bama) only see IU as basketball and soccer. They expect to roll us in baseball. Love to kick their ass. Go Hoosiers! Thx for posting.
If that’s the case, they aren’t real bright. IU baseball has been a better program than IU basketball for quite some time. It’s 2023, not 1987.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
I think it’s better for batters to see better pitching before the BiG season starts.
The program doesn’t need to pad its record with cupcakes.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Has anyone seen anything on the fall exhibition schedule? I haven't seen anything on it so far, and several teams have already announced their fall schedule. Last September, we hosted Eastern Illinois in a 14-inning game and followed that up by traveling to Indiana State in another 14-inning game. In all likelihood, the Sycamores will be one of the two teams we face next month, and if so, I assume we would be hosting them this time around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT