ADVERTISEMENT

IU dominated by Alabama and lose on 10-run rule, 12-0...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
It's RHP Braden Risedorph on the mound for IU with an ERA of 5.62 in 8 IP, while Bama will have RHP Ben Hess on the mound with an ERA of 2.25 in 8 IP. It's Tibbitts at 1st and Stadler behind the plate. Brenczewski is the DH. Alabama's batting order hits over .300 with the exception of one player who hits .242. Dallas Baptist knocked off Arizona, 4-3, in the earlier game.

1st inning:

T1st:

The Bama leadoff hitter reached on an error by Tibbitts. A double put runners on 2nd and 3rd and no outs.

A single gave Bama a 1-0 lead with runners on the corners and no outs. Risedorph then gave up a two-run double to the worst hitter percentage-wise (.242) in the Bama lineup.

There's a runner on 2nd and no outs. IU's bats better be hot tonight. Live stats shows the leadoff hitter reaching on an error while the coverage of the game is calling it a single, so I don't know what the official ruling is on that.

Risedorph walked a batter on a full count to put runners on 1st and 2nd and no outs. Risedorph is at 21 pitches and has yet to get an out.

A SAC bunt moved the runners to 2nd and 3rd with one out. A K would be big right now.

A two-RBI single gives Bama a 5-0 lead with one out and a runner at 1st. Another single put runners on 1st and 2nd with one out and Bama has batted around.

A FC put runners on the corners with two outs. Risedorph got a K to finally retire the side. His PC is 31.

B1st:

IU went down in order.

End of 1st: Bama 5 IU 0

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Bucket Getter
Let's see, this game is not going to end well. I forsee at least 12-15 IU batters striking out, they will only get 4-5 hits and maybe 1 or 2 runs while giving up 15 to 20 runs to Bama. Hopefully the 10 run rule mercifully will be in place. I hope I just jinxed Bama into a loss! VBG.
Come on Hoosiers get it going!!!

2nd inning:

T2nd:

LHP Ryan Kraft replaced Risedorph and he had an ERA of 11.25 in 4 IP.

Kraft got the leadoff hitter on a groundout. Kraft then walked a batter on four pitches.

A DP retired the side.

B2nd:

It the middle of the order up for IU with Mathison leading off. The Bama pitcher struck out the side and he has five strikeouts so far.

End of 2nd: Bama 5 IU 0

Last edited:
I guess the Easter Bunny came a little early!! I guess he was collecting eggs..... the Hoosiers Goose Eggs!!

Last edited:
3rd inning:

T3rd:

The leadoff hitter reached. A foul out to 3B was the first out with a runner on 1st. A flyout, a hit batter to put runners on 1st and 2nd, and a ground out retired the side.

B3rd:

It was the bottom of the order up with Cerny leading off. IU went down in order with another K involved. The Bama pitcher Hess has retired nine in a row with IU still looking for its first base runner.

End of 3rd: Bama 5 IU 0

4th inning:

T4th:

Kraft was replaced by Seti Manase with an ERA of 0.00 in 4.1 IP. Manase hit the leadoff batter to put a man on.

A base hit sent the runner on 1st to 2nd and he took 3rd on an error after Mitchell bobbled the ball, and there were runners on the corners with no outs.

A double scored two runs to make it 7-0, then Manase hit a batter to put runners on 1st and 2nd and no outs.

The first out was on a flyout to rf with the runners holding at 1st and 2nd.

A 3-run homer made it 10-0 with one out, and you have to wonder why Mercer pulled Kraft after he kept Bama scoreless for two innings.

Manase then hit a batter to put a runner on with one out and he headed to the showers.

Two former B1G players in Petrutz (Maryland) and Sleight (Rutgers) have a combined 6 RBIs in the game so far.

RHP Cooper Katskee replaced Manase and he hasn't been any better right now as he walked the first batter faced to put runners on 1st and 2nd and one out. Back-to-back WPs moved the runners to 2nd and 3rd.

Another walk by Katskee loaded the bases with one out. A SAC fly scored a run with two outs.

A passed ball moved the runners to 2nd and 3rd with two outs, and IU is playing like a Little League team right now.

A walk and another WP scored a run as Bama took a 12-0 lead before a pop up retired the side.

B4th:

IU is still looking for that first hit and first base runner and they have the top of the order up. Mitchell Kd for the first out.

Taylor hit a ball back to the pitcher which hit him on the arm, but he recovered to throw Taylor out at 1st with two outs.

I just heard that the 10-run mercy rule is in effect for this game.

IU got their first base runner of the game when Tibbitts walked on a full count.

Mathison Kd to end the inning.

End of 4th: Bama 12 IU 0

Last edited:
5th inning:

T5th:

RHP Drew Buhr replaced Katskee. Hodo, who has the lowest batting average in the Bama lineup was now 2 for 3 after hitting a double to lead off.

Stop the presses. After giving up the leadoff double, Buhr got three straight Ks to retire the side and strand the runner at 2nd.

B5th:

Pyne got IU's first hit of the game and then stole 2nd with no outs. TJ Schuyler replaced Stadler behind the plate and he Kd in his first appearance in a game for the first out and Pyne still at 2nd. Cerny Kd for the 2nd out. Brenczewski grounded out to end the inning.

End of 5th: Bama 12 IU 0

Last edited:
6th inning:

T6th:

LHP Brandon Keyster entered the game and he faced just two batters in the PFW game and Kd both on 9 pitches. He faced the 8 thru 1 hitters.

Keyster got a flyout and a pop out for two outs before giving up a single. He got a K to retire the side.

B6th:

RHP Coulson Buchanan replaced Hess and he had an ERA of 2.45 in 3.2 IP. Burckel led off and flied out. Mitchell grounded out for the 2nd out. Taylor Kd to end the inning.

End of 6th: Bama 12 IU 0

Last edited:
7th inning:

T7th:

RHP Jacob Vogel replaced Keyster and he hit the first batter he faced. He then got two flyouts with the runners still at 1st. A ground out retired the side.

B7th:

It's the 3 thru 5 hitters up for IU and IU needs three runs to avoid the 10-run rule and I don't see the point of even wanting to do that. We need to regroup for tomorrow's game.

Tibbitts Kd to lead off. Mathison reached on an error. Pyne flied out for the 2nd out. Mathison took 2nd on what was scored as defensive indifference and not a stolen base. Schuyler Kd to end the game.

Final: Bama 12 IU 0 (10-run rule)

Last edited:
No need to do much of a summary of this game. IU was outhit 11 to 1. We were dominated by a pitcher who used to be a Hoosier commit in Hess and he is expected to be a very high draft pick.

Alabama got all of their runs in two innings, with 5 scored in the 1st and 7 in the 4th. With the Bama coach Rob Vaughn coming over from Maryland at the end of last year, two B1G players followed him to Bama in Petrutz (Maryland) and Sleight (Rutgers) and they had just over half of Bama's 11 RBIs with three RBIs apiece.

IU pitching gave up 5 walks, 2 WPs, and 5 hit batters. We also had a passed ball by Stadler. Ten of Bamas runs were earned with Risedorph having four earned runs in 1 IP while Manase was charged with six earned runs in just 0.1 IP.

We had 2 errors to 1 for Bama.

Reactions: Seyton
ptrich did you hear anything or see why they had a delay in the game in the top of the third inning? I used to complain that the live stats app didn't used to put in any weather delay or personal info in the notes. Tonight I saw where they put a delay of game due to a rabbit on the field! That is why I made a reply about the Easter Bunny! I took a screen shot of it on my phone but I'm not sure how to share it with you all but by typing it in. I thought there was a way to share pics on here but I only see a way to share links. Darned that blasted coding! LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bucket Getter
ptrich did you hear anything or see why they had a delay in the game in the top of the third inning? I used to complain that the live stats app didn't used to put in any weather delay or personal info in the notes. Tonight I saw where they put a delay of game due to a rabbit on the field! That is why I made a reply about the Easter Bunny! I took a screen shot of it on my phone but I'm not sure how to share it with you all but by typing it in. I thought there was a way to share pics on here but I only see a way to share links. Darned that blasted coding! LOL.
I heard at first it was a squirrel and then a rabbit.

Reactions: 82IU
The audio broadcast said it was a squirrel. I had gone away in the bottom of the second due to numerous problems receiving the call. I came back in the fifth and then it stayed in for the rest of the game.

No need to do much of a summary of this game. IU was outhit 11 to 1. We were dominated by a pitcher who used to be a Hoosier commit in Hess and he is expected to be a very high draft pick.

Alabama got all of their runs in two innings, with 5 scored in the 1st and 7 in the 4th. With the Bama coach Rob Vaughn coming over from Maryland at the end of last year, two B1G players followed him to Bama in Petrutz (Maryland) and Sleight (Rutgers) and they had just over half of Bama's 11 RBIs with three RBIs apiece.

IU pitching gave up 5 walks, 2 WPs, and 5 hit batters. We also had a passed ball by Stadler. Ten of Bamas runs were earned with Risedorph having four earned runs in 1 IP while Manase was charged with six earned runs in just 0.1 IP.

We had 2 errors to 1 for Bama.
The balloon deflated pretty quickly.

Reactions: 82IU
But a strong comeback today ! Good for them.
After that debacle against PFW and then losing by the 10-run rule, I was really concerned with the team after they got off to a slow start today with our best pitcher on the mound. They found their hitting groove and they looked just like they did to start the season at the plate. Mitchell is showing no rust at the plate after the injury and was hitting .385 after today's game.

I think the big question mark coming into season remains pitching. Grea pitching can neutralize great bats witness yesterday evening v Alabama and add to that 5rn first just tightens up everything else

Reactions: hoosier roadtrips
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT