ADVERTISEMENT

Duke study on kids wearing masks in school

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
No link, but the lead author of the study was just interviewed by Anderson Cooper.

Money stat concerning kids attending school that were infected, at the time, with the SARS-COV2 virus: if they ,were in classrooms where mask wearing was mandated, there was a 1% chance that they passed on the infection to anyone else in the school.

Other studies reported infectivity for non mask-wearing kids was at least 10 times higher.

Simplified: cloth masks worn by kids in school reduced in-school infection risk by 90%.

Not sure what age group or how many kids. Saw on live TV in the 8PM show.

Last edited:
No link, but the lead author of the study was just interviewed by Anderson Cooper.

Money stat concerning kids attending school that were infected, at the time, with the SARS-COV2 virus: if they ,were in classrooms where mask wearing was mandated, there was a 1% chance that they passed on the infection to anyone else in the school.

Other studies reported infectivity for non mask-wearing kids was at least 10 times higher.

Simplified: cloth masks worn by kids in school reduced in-school infection risk by 90%.

CNN 😂

Anderson Cooper is pretty much the only show on CNN I watch, and yes, he's a pretty good newsman on both CNN and 60 Minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
It took you over four hours to have no response.
Why didn't Outside Shitter just say it was on CNN in the first place?

Because he knew he'd be ridiculed for it. He was busted by stollcpa - certainly a valid response, no matter how long it took to post it.

Nobody has bashed the Cuomos, BOTH of them, more than me. You do know that Chris Cuomo and Anderson Cooper are different people, right?

Chris Wallace and Tucker Carlson are different people too. Do you lump them together? I am guessing that you have a Tucker body pillow, but not a Wallace one.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
While this is very encouraging data relative to getting kids back in the classroom, I haven't been able to find the numbers for secondary attack rate among children without masks in school settings. In other words, they don't appear to have utilized a control group.

I only bring this up because there have been studies that suggest that children don't infect others very often to begin with. There are those who have been saying for some time now, that these are the kind of results we would see if we just went back to school regardless of masking. A control group might have settled this argument.

Nobody has bashed the Cuomos, BOTH of them, more than me. You do know that Chris Cuomo and Anderson Cooper are different people, right?

Chris Wallace and Tucker Carlson are different people too. Do you lump them together? I am guessing that you have a Tucker body pillow, but not a Wallace one.
Didn’t know there was a Tucker pillow. Btw I like Chris Wallace.

You're right - Wallace is a putz.

Reactions: F.Fletch
While this is very encouraging data relative to getting kids back in the classroom, I haven't been able to find the numbers for secondary attack rate among children without masks in school settings. In other words, they don't appear to have utilized a control group.

I only bring this up because there have been studies that suggest that children don't infect others very often to begin with. There are those who have been saying for some time now, that these are the kind of results we would see if we just went back to school regardless of masking. A control group might have settled this argument.
Yeah, you mean like an actual scientific study? Or a control group to study effectiveness of masks?

Good luck with that.

Do you know the difference between someone doing a report or having an opinion?

No. Well that was obvious to begin with..

it's probably why you have so many issues with the truth. You believe only that which agrees with your jacked up bigoted fat old white guy narrative, just like the rest of the hill-nazi cult ..

CNN didn't do the study, they are in this case, only reporting it.

Cipher it out, Jethro. Knowledge is power and you are currently defenseless..

Do you know the difference between someone doing a report or having an opinion?

No. Well that was obvious to begin with..

it's probably why you have so many issues with the truth. You believe only that which agrees with your jacked up bigoted fat old white guy narrative, just like the rest of the hill-nazi cult ..

CNN didn't do the study, they are in this case, only reporting it.

Cipher it out, Jethro. Knowledge is power and you are currently defenseless..
Being an incel must be tough. It’s making you an angry person. Do all incels mouth off like you?

yea and destroyed their mental health, social skills and learning curve

Reactions: ulrey and DANC

Stoll has given up any pretense at seriousness. He has the ability to be a worthwhile poster, but he's made it clear he has no desire to be one. He's just going to troll from here on out until his second wife kills him in a freak bedroom accident.

Reactions: Circlejoe
Stoll has given up any pretense at seriousness. He has the ability to be a worthwhile poster, but he's made it clear he has no desire to be one. He's just going to troll from here on out until his second wife kills him in a freak bedroom accident.
Which divorce is he on anyway?
First?
Second?
Third wouldn’t shock me.

Sadly the worst enemy Many children have today is their loud mouth know nothing Father or Mother.
Four dead teachers on Desantis’ ledger last week
Look, just admit you have a political agenda. You blame Desantis' for their deaths? If so, then you surely blame Biden for the 100,000+ deaths since he became President.

Look, just admit you have a political agenda. You blame Desantis' for their deaths? If so, then you surely blame Biden for the 100,000+ deaths since he became President.
I am about the last person on this forum with a political agenda other than I hate all politicians. Keep up with my posts please.

I am about the last person on this forum with a political agenda other than I hate all politicians. Keep up with my posts please.
I can't understand why the deaths in Florida would be on Desantis' 'ledger' and not Biden for the deaths after he became President.

I can't understand why the deaths in Florida would be on Desantis' 'ledger' and not Biden for the deaths after he became President.
Maybe you missed it. DeSantis is threatening to withhold state funding covering school board members and superintendents' salaries in districts that defy his order prohibiting mask mandates.

Maybe you missed it. DeSantis is threatening to withhold state funding covering school board members and superintendents' salaries in districts that defy his order prohibiting mask mandates.
So he hasn't withheld it yet. I didn't miss anything.

If that's the reason, how does that affect 4 teachers who died prior to it MAYBE being implemented?

none of that prevented these four teachers from dying during the off season
True, but DeSantis' hubris and overreach extend beyond the executive order (no mask mandates for schools) he signed in July. In May, he signed a law that gives him sweeping power to invalidate pandemic-related local emergency measures including mask mandates. It also prohibits any business or government entity from requiring proof of vaccination. It's really not surprising that Florida is, once again, the epicenter of Covid in the US.

And his doubling down on the ban on mask mandates in schools throughout the state is not only a clear example of government overreach; it's also a really bad idea from a health standpoint, given the current state of Covid in Florida.

So he hasn't withheld it yet. I didn't miss anything.

If that's the reason, how does that affect 4 teachers who died prior to it MAYBE being implemented?
*crickets*

True, but DeSantis' hubris and overreach extend beyond the executive order (no mask mandates for schools) he signed in July. In May, he signed a law that gives him sweeping power to invalidate pandemic-related local emergency measures including mask mandates. It also prohibits any business or government entity from requiring proof of vaccination. It's really not surprising that Florida is, once again, the epicenter of Covid in the US.

And his doubling down on the ban on mask mandates in schools throughout the state is not only a clear example of government overreach; it's also a really bad idea from a health standpoint, given the current state of Covid in Florida.

[QUOTE="Bowlmania, post: 3252139, ...-letter-calling-on-desantis-to-repeal[/QUOTE]

Of course it isn’t surprising. Florida is booming and when people stay inside, COVID spreads more quickly.

DDS is the new TDS

Of course it isn’t surprising. Florida is booming and when people stay inside, COVID spreads more quickly.

DDS is the new TDS
It's been hot everywhere this summer, with some parts of the country (e.g. the Pacific Northwest, with record triple-digit heat, and the Northeast) significantly hotter than Florida for days and weeks at a time. Everybody's been desperate for indoor air-conditioned space. That excuse doesn't fly anymore.

Florida currently leads the nation in Covid deaths, averaging more than 150 a day in the past week.
With a vaccination rate that is below the national average and a governor who is on an anti-mask crusade, it isn't hard to understand why.

It's been hot everywhere this summer, with some parts of the country (e.g. the Pacific Northwest, with record triple-digit heat, and the Northeast) significantly hotter than Florida for days and weeks at a time. Everybody's been desperate for indoor air-conditioned space. That excuse doesn't fly anymore.

Florida currently leads the nation in Covid deaths, averaging more than 150 a day in the past week.
With a vaccination rate that is below the national average and a governor who is on an anti-mask crusade, it isn't hard to understand why.
Who is he stopping from wearing a mask?

it will migrate. no different than last time. shocking how short our memory is w/ this stuff. cuomo was lauded. then vilified. desantis was vilified. then lauded for having avg numbers while staying open. we're so fickle. Personally I think DeSantis fighting over masks is moronic.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT