ADVERTISEMENT

Doyle is a creeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m no fan of his but he has apologized. We all do stupid stuff.

We don't all do it on national tv w caitlin clark during her big intro. that's all he will be known for now. she is going to be a star here and he will always be her creeper.

very weird.

Reactions: IUgradman
And women.

No need to be sexist.

Only women who idolize or are kept by dickhead men.

Be the guy who defends those who get bullied by these dickheads.

I bet you think white people are the most persecuted people in America.

If I employed Doyel, I would fire Him immediately. His job is to cover the news and have commentary on the print side. He is covering the Press Conference of his Hometown Teams first draft pick, a Woman Who energized the College Game, and became it's most prominent piece, and has the potential to do the same with the Pro game. Instead of covering the news, Doyel inserted Himself and became part of the News, That is professionally unacceptable.

Reactions: indiana ed
If I employed Doyel, I would fire Him immediately. His job is to cover the news and have commentary on the print side. He is covering the Press Conference of his Hometown Teams first draft pick, a Woman Who energized the College Game, and became it's most prominent piece, and has the potential to do the same with the Pro game. Instead of covering the news, Doyel inserted Himself and became part of the News, That is professionally unacceptable.
I htink he effed up, but I don't think there was any mal intent. He was trying to make a good impression/make a connection with the new face of the franchise, but instead may have done the exact opposite. He shouldn't have been so 'casual' and remembered that he was there as a professional writer, not as a fan.

I think what he did was cringey, but I don't think it was a fireable offense. I would guess he may not make it past whenever his current contract expires though.

Oh man, you were making great points...then you dropped the race card and veered towards the water cooler.
I didn't respond to UTFO, but my thought is the media can talk about white privilege freely and a lot of times it devolves into white people being guilty. So when it comes to the media I would say that white people are the one group which can persecuted and nobody says a word about it. Nobody would think about saying African, Hispanic, or Asians were thus and so lumping them into one group.

I htink he effed up, but I don't think there was any mal intent. He was trying to make a good impression/make a connection with the new face of the franchise, but instead may have done the exact opposite. He shouldn't have been so 'casual' and remembered that he was there as a professional writer, not as a fan.

I think what he did was cringey, but I don't think it was a fireable offense. I would guess he may not make it past whenever his current contract expires though.
He will not get fired. This is probably the 1541st worst thing this guy has done. The Star has no problem with it and that is probably reason 1541 why the Star is fish wrap and is going away quickly.

I used to hate Doyel, but he has changed and written about it. His human interest stories move me to tears often. He is an excellent writer. My guess is he’s very awkward in person. There’s no doubt this was a really stupid thing to say and do. At a nationally televised press conference welcoming a huge star to our city? Double cringe. I don’t blame them if he gets fired, it’s getting so much blowback. But I feel bad for him.

He will not get fired. This is probably the 1541st worst thing this guy has done. The Star has no problem with it and that is probably reason 1541 why the Star is fish wrap and is going away quickly.
What else has he done? Honestly can’t remember anything. I still subscribe to the Star just to read him.

What else has he done? Honestly can’t remember anything. I still subscribe to the Star just to read him.
That's rich! It's fine. He is an awful human, not a great writer, but if you enjoy him and it's something you like then I'm all for you reading it. I don't try to encroach on what others like.

That's rich! It's fine. He is an awful human, not a great writer, but if you enjoy him and it's something you like then I'm all for you reading it. I don't try to encroach on what others like.
Do you have an answer to what else he has done? Do you read his human interest stories? Thats much of what he has been writing lately

“Caitlin Clark should be thankful fawning comments like that are being directed her way now. It will pad her bank account in the years ahead.”
~Danica Patrick~

Ha ha. That was necessary for a meh talent like Danica. Clark has actual talent to live off of.

Reactions: IUgradman
Do you have an answer to what else he has done? Do you read his human interest stories? Thats much of what he has been writing lately
I do. Yes I have read his stories. Average at best. That's is why I quit reading them. Are you here to try to convince to read him? I don't care what you do; I'm not 100 percent sure why you care what I do. Read away and enjoy!

Flattery used to be appreciated by women. Now, it's treated like verbal assault because feminists demand it that way. Most of these radical, outspoken feminists are not physically attractive enough to receive the same, relatively innocent compliments from the opposite sex, thus they want it to be stopped by deeming it socially unacceptable male aggression.

I wish I was talented enough to drive an Indy car in excess of 200 MPH alongside 32 other men, all doing the same. It doesn't take nerves of steel to play a game of ball.
Danica’s opportunities were greatly amplified by her looks driven marketability. She is a mediocre driver.

CC is a great basketball player.

One is mediocre at what they do, one is great at what they do.

I do. Yes I have read his stories. Average at best. That's is why I quit reading them. Are you here to try to convince to read him? I don't care what you do; I'm not 100 percent sure why you care what I do. Read away and enjoy!
That’s not what I asked, I could care less what you do. I was asking what the multiple things he has done to get fired for previously, as you said it was the 1541 worst thing he has done. My question was and is what else has he done. Obviously you don’t have an answer. He’s won more than 16 awards for writing which kind of belies your point in his being an awful writer. I somehow doubt that you know him as a human. But whatevs.

Flattery used to be appreciated by women. Now, it's treated like verbal assault because feminists demand it that way. Most of these radical, outspoken feminists are not physically attractive enough to receive the same, relatively innocent compliments from the opposite sex, thus they want it to be stopped by deeming it socially unacceptable male aggression.
Oh here we go with your nonsense again. Post your picture so we can comment on your attractiveness please. 1-10?

Danica’s opportunities were greatly amplified by her looks driven marketability. She is a mediocre driver.

CC is a great basketball player.

One is mediocre at what they do, one is great at what they do.

Correct. Danica wasn't awful. But better (female) drivers than her never got her opportunities, or qualities of rides. Being "hot" (in the context of racing) paid her way.

Clark doesn't need that. I mean, being hot never hurts, even for dudes. But if you're a top talent then hot will be a secondary attribute. With Danica it was the primary catalyst, and without it we'd never have heard of her.

That paper can't go bankrupt fast enough.

Reactions: Harpo Marxist
His human interest stories are really good, and several have moved me. That's where he's at his strongest, imo. My problem with him over the years is he gradually shows himself to be very petty, and can use his columns to incessantly attack people in sports he decides he hates. He got crazy, over the top hysterical over COVID stances, and then took it out on people in sports that had a different view.

Then, other times he gets annoying with his dramatic 180s of opinion, like a hysterical teenager: "The Colts/Pacers are going nowhere fast, xxx need to get fired!", "xxx is a mad genius and the Colts/Pacers are the next dynasty in the making!!!".

Finally, there's his fanboy take on all things Purdue, as if he's angling for a job in their AD someday. All of that makes me just wish there were more of the human interest stuff. But, with him, I just take the good with the bad.

All that I took from this Caitlyn Clark dust-up is that he was in his over the top fanboy mode, and said the quiet part (or, in his case, the future written part) out loud. He's harmless. And, if people are actually calling for him to be fired over this, they really need to get a freaking life, or at least put on big boy and girl pants and grow up.

No one was hurt. Tell him he screwed up and move on. Clark will get far worse, likely already has. I think her focus will be game film and practice.

Television Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

His human interest stories are really good, and several have moved me. That's where he's at his strongest, imo. My problem with him over the years is he gradually shows himself to be very petty, and can use his columns to incessantly attack people in sports he decides he hates. He got crazy, over the top hysterical over COVID stances, and then took it out on people in sports that had a different view.

Then, other times he gets annoying with his dramatic 180s of opinion, like a hysterical teenager: "The Colts/Pacers are going nowhere fast, xxx need to get fired!", "xxx is a mad genius and the Colts/Pacers are the next dynasty in the making!!!".

Finally, there's his fanboy take on all things Purdue, as if he's angling for a job in their AD someday. All of that makes me just wish there were more of the human interest stuff. But, with him, I just take the good with the bad.

All that I took from this Caitlyn Clark dust-up is that he was in his over the top fanboy mode, and said the quiet part (or, in his case, the future written part) out loud. He's harmless. And, if people are actually calling for him to be fired over this, they really need to get a freaking life, or at least put on big boy and girl pants and grow up.
Barstool Big 10 called out Doyel to IU Barstool. They told them Doyel is PU Barstool's to worry about and wouldn't claim him. Totally a PU writer unless he wants to call out IU on something. If you go to the Sports section in the Star, there are tabs and one of them is Purdue.....no IU tab!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT