ADVERTISEMENT

Donovan said no. Sean Miller is next... (EDIT: Donovan still interested, just a little hangup)

Those who were around for the board meltdown after RMK was fired know there is only one reliable source: Wischoosier.

The thing about people with reliable sources, those sources aren't infinitely reliable. Hell, 20 years ago I knew lots of people involved with the athletic dept and would hear all kinds of reliable things regarding then current players, recruits, and what was going on with coaches. The here and now is a different story. I probably couldn't pick athletic dept members out of a line up aside from Glass.

Reactions: moneyadvisor
You are welcome! I have stated on here many times why he won't leave. His name keeps being mentioned, it amazes me how some people treat people on this board. You included.
Kind sir, you stated as fact that he wasn't leaving and cited the fact that you live in the same state as proof and now you want to complain about snarky treatment? lol. Come on, bud. You've gotta be kidding me.

Reactions: mazz
Kind sir, you stated as fact that he wasn't leaving and cited the fact that you live in the same state as proof and now you want to complain about snarky treatment? lol. Come on, bud. You've gotta be kidding me.

I'm in agreement with Coop. IMHO, I think you're out of line.

You are welcome! I have stated on here many times why he won't leave. His name keeps being mentioned, it amazes me how some people treat people on this board. You included.
You also stated many times over and over again how great Matt Carlino was going to be at iu....how did that one work out? :)

Things to say in this thread:

1.) Crean is still head coach
2.) Donovan is in his first season at OKC. He would never leave that early unless he was absolutely miserable.
3.) Why would Sean Miller leave Arizona? Why? No connections. No reason. Heck, he's a recruiting guy, and he wouldn't even do as well at IU recruiting as what he gets at U of A. That is a fact.

Reactions: Lucy01

2.) Donovan is in his first season at OKC. He would never leave that early unless he was absolutely miserable.
3.) Why would Sean Miller leave Arizona? Why? No connections. No reason. Heck, he's a recruiting guy, and he wouldn't even do as well at IU recruiting as what he gets at U of A. That is a fact.

Point #2 is STRONG.

The first summer was difficult. Still played golf four days a week. You just don't do stuff outside between 2-6pm. Unless you are in the pool. My arthritis is so much better in the summer now. Love love Az. We have been here ten years now.
Coopster

Glad to hear it's been good to and yours!

Reactions: Coopster

this is Donovan's 2nd season with OKC and to date his W/L record is no better than his predecessor's. He's already taking some of the same heat with Thunder fans that Crean's getting from IU fans.

I agree miller won't leave Arizona. He has an incredible gig and they love him. Yes crean is the coach but not for long.

It time to come to Indiana Billy. Here you can become a legend OKC is going nowhere one trick pony without Durant.

Net.jpg

this is Donovan's 2nd season with OKC and to date his W/L record is no better than his predecessor's. He's already taking some of the same heat with Thunder fans that Crean's getting from IU fans.
I haven't hear of any heat from OKC fans about Donovan. Your going to have to back up that comment. Everything that I have read shows the opposite.

Reactions: lonnie boyd
I've seen posters on here really wanting Alford and a bunch that want no part of him. Does his name still ring true In Indiana? It's been 30 years since he was at IU and he's never been beyond the sweet 16 as a coach. Yes, he'll have massive media support as does the IU brand in Indiana but he also has baggage from Iowa. He could go beyond the Sweet 16 this year and seems to have the Ball family locked up. Be careful what you wish for. I really don't know if that would be good for IU or not.

# 2 I am pretty sure this is his 2nd year at OKC

He lead OKC to the conference finals last season

I haven't hear of any heat from OKC fans about Donovan. Your going to have to back up that comment. Everything that I have read shows the opposite.
Type in Donovan's name on twitter and see how the OKC fans rip him

I know most of you are poo-poo'ing on the though of Miller leaving Arizona, but for anyone left You realize that Miller is the 5th highest paid basketball coach in the NCAA, right? The four above him are Krzyzewski, Calpari, Pitino and Self. You'd have to boost his salary by another 25% minimum, making him double Crean's salary...

I don't know what Billy D. will do. He may may be happy in the NBA but Westbrook has to be wearing on him. One must wonder if Donovan would prefer to trade Westbrook for multiple young players and picks and start over. Russ has scored 58, 29, 48, and 45 in their last 4 games against Western conference teams that are currently not playoff teams. Those 4 games are all losses. I don't think Donovan had that in mind when he took the job. March is the time that NBA teams start jockeying for the playoffs. Seems Russ is maybe trying to shoot OKC out of the playoffs period much like he did during the Warrior series last year. Keep it up Russ. 1st Durant and now hopefully Billy D.

Sean Miller is NOT,repeat is NOT leaving Arizona. He loves it here in sunny Arizona.

Coopster
Hoosier living in AZ.
My aunt lives in Arizona and I will see her this weekend at a funeral. I will ask her if Miller is happy in Arizona. She probably doesn't know who she is and I would still trust her opinion over anything I read on a message board.

It makes sense he wouldn't want to leave.He has done well and probably has a nice recruiting network set up.

If Sean Miller's associate head coach has any say in the matter, that entire staff would start work in Bloomington tomorrow morning at sunrise.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
If Sean Miller's associate head coach has any say in the matter, that entire staff would start work in Bloomington tomorrow morning at sunrise.
Because your him or because he was a manager here at IU and misses Bloomington

An OU fan who lives in Dallas says that's the rumor in Okalahoma City, that Donovan wants to go back to college, and that he and IU are in negotiations.

Donovan's agent started that rumor. He's been trying to negotiate a modest extension (2 to 3 years) since there's some fear that Westbrook will opt-out and be in Laker gold in 2018. BD doesn't want to dive into a potential rebuild with minimum years left and no bargaining position. Well played if they can get it, I say.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT