ADVERTISEMENT

Docs case dismissed!!!

I do not watch Morning Joe, haven't seen more than 2 minutes of it since whenever it came on. But for the people that LOVE free speech it seems a bit strange to see applause it was taken off. Maybe "free speech" doesn't mean what you think it does?

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Why bother if he is going to be the president.
Sad but good point. Short of something I can't imagine playing out (new Dem candidate primarily), I don't see how the odds aren't severely stacked in Trump's favor.

Well, that is one way to characterize it. ;)
You might be right. By LR it’s supposed to be a blind random basis and the clerk doesn’t know identity of judge until after. Process is supposed to therefore be immune to interference. What’s a little odd is they are supposed to make an effort to keep filings in the division of origination. So action arose in palm beach so wpb would have been original division not fort

Reactions: stollcpa
I do not watch Morning Joe, haven't seen more than 2 minutes of it since whenever it came on. But for the people that LOVE free speech it seems a bit strange to see applause it was taken off. Maybe "free speech" doesn't mean what you think it does?
“Free speech” has been damaged by Garland and Biden in the last 3 1/2 years. Remember parents at School Board meetings?

wedding crashers comedy GIF

It's not applause, it's laughter Marv. They are the ones censoring themselves, because they cannot trust their hosts or panelists not to say something stupid and incendiary. And this is according to a CNN report FFS, not some twitter bot.

Ask gilligan...he's that 'conservative' over in the corner
bawling his eyes out..
LOL! You have a very strange imagination.

Only Thomas took the illegal appointment thing seriously. He was not supported by any other Justice. It was not a SCOTUS decision. How can she hang her hat on that. The Appeals Court will have to overturn this IMO. Every other judge and court has rejected this idea. However, this judge has done her job for Trump and drug this out for too long to be tried before the election or inauguration.

One thing is certain, you MAGA types don’t give a flying crap about protecting national security information. You will never be taken seriously on the issue again. You aren’t Patriots, conservatives or Republicans. You’re Trump acolytes. Enjoy this break down in the justice system for now.

Meantime, I’ll laugh at you every time you take a weak shot at me - and make no mistake, they’re very weak. Wimpy even. LOL!

Wanna bet? After Trump elected this crooked prosecutor will be dismissed. There will never be an appeal.
The notice of appeal will occur before the election. They have 30 days to file the notice, I believe. If Trump wins, he might order that it be dropped. Although, if Smith is still in the office, he might argue he can't be ordered to do that?

So are we going to go back and throw out all past prosecutions done by people that were appointed by the AG?

Lets not pretend that Smith was the first ever prosecutor that was appointed by an AG.
You don't understand the decision or the arguments in favor of it.

Reactions: DANC
The notice of appeal will occur before the election. They have 30 days to file the notice, I believe. If Trump wins, he might order that it be dropped. Although, if Smith is still in the office, he might argue he can't be ordered to do that?
It's going to be sooner than 30 days.

Reactions: cosmickid

Only Thomas took the illegal appointment thing seriously. He was not supported by any other Justice. It was not a SCOTUS decision. How can she hang her hat on that. The Appeals Court will have to overturn this IMO. Every other judge and court has rejected this idea. However, this judge has done her job for Trump and drug this out for too long to be tried before the election or inauguration.

One thing is certain, you MAGA types don’t give a flying crap about protecting national security information. You will never be taken seriously on the issue again. You aren’t Patriots, conservatives or Republicans. You’re Trump acolytes. Enjoy this break down in the justice system for now.

Meantime, I’ll laugh at you every time you take a weak shot at me - and make no mistake, they’re very weak. Wimpy even. LOL!
Don't forget to 'put it in your report', glowie...

Remember my tips.

my statement was a guess. You’re are the lawyer. I’d assume Smith will take it as far as he can. I guess the SCOTUS will have to slap him down.

I heard an attorney say today it would be stroke of genius if Biden stops all the federal cases and encourages states to drop there cases. I guess Biden can’t stop federal cases. Could he pardon federal cases?

I have no idea what I am talking about. Lol

my statement was a guess. You’re are the lawyer. I’d assume Smith will take it as far as he can. I guess the SCOTUS will have to slap him down.

I heard an attorney say today it would be stroke of genius if Biden stops all the federal cases and encourages states to drop there cases. I guess Biden can’t stop federal cases. Could he pardon federal cases?

I have no idea what I am talking about. Lol
I disagree that it would be a stroke of genius. Biden and his admin. are too far down the road of arguing these are all obvious prosecutions to protect the rule of law in America and save "Democracy." If they dropped them now, it would be a tacit admission that their rhetoric was false. Given the recent firestorm against the Biden administration for "hiding" his mental condition, this would just give more areas of attack and more reasons for people to stay home and not vote for him.

...Remember parents at School Board meetings?

You mean those rednecks that were verbally threatening school board members and getting in their face? Yea, I remember them well. Immature idiots that think their opinion should be above everyone else's opinion just because they can't act like an adult.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
The AG would still have the power to dismiss Smith and drop the charges, though, right?

Meantime, I’ll laugh at you every time you take a weak shot at me - and make no mistake, they’re very weak. Wimpy
<dragged

I disagree that it would be a stroke of genius. Biden and his admin. are too far down the road of arguing these are all obvious prosecutions to protect the rule of law in America and save "Democracy." If they dropped them now, it would be a tacit admission that their rhetoric was false. Given the recent firestorm against the Biden administration for "hiding" his mental condition, this would just give more areas of attack and more reasons for people to stay home and not vote for him.
This just in;

Their rhetoric IS false...

Who took it off & why?

For anyone wanting to actually read the opinion before commenting on its reasoning:

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.648652/gov.uscourts.flsd.648652.672.0.pdf

If that link doesn't work, it's in the second paragraph of this article:

Not being a smartass, but isn’t this the one case you said was an absolute slam dunk?

• Haha
This is a good point. There’s no putting the toothpaste back in the tube.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT