ADVERTISEMENT

did anyone dine out today

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
I'm curious how the re-opening goes, I don't see how restaurants are going to survive even if they can fill their tables at the 50% level

I think people will slowly get used to going out again but give it a couple of weeks.

They certainly had no problem going to the barber today though. The wait at Great Clips was almost 3 hours but as my dad always said, “the only difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is a week”. I think it will be about two weeks for me this time though..

Serving wench went on a wildcat strike last night, so I went through the Arby's drive through. Does that count?

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
Monday's are slow days for restaurants in normal circumstances with yesterday's Mothers Day being big.

As for me, eating leftovers today after my son provided us with a great dinner at home yesterday built around beef tenderloin. Dinner would have cost at least $50 person not counting wine and before dinner cocktails along with tips and parking if we had dined out.

By the way, the art of cooking is a wonderful hobby which I am proud my son learned from me.

I splurged. Trump's money is burning a hole in my pocket.

Better than Trump's (as passed by Congress) stimulus was a grandson repaying a loan in full after only a few weeks.

When loaning money to friends or relatives it is usually like giving it away.

The best part is when he said, "Thanks Papa, I love you".

I was speechless.

Reactions: HillzHoozier
Better than Trump's (as passed by Congress) stimulus was a grandson repaying a loan in full after only a few weeks.

When loaning money to friends or relatives it is usually like giving it away.

The best part is when he said, "Thanks Papa, I love you".

I was speechless.
I don't believe trump had anything to do with any of the stimulus passed so far other than signing them, 100 percent done through the treasury and congress. he came up with a idea on suspending payroll taxes that nobody paid any attention to.

I don't believe trump had anything to do with any of the stimulus passed so far other than signing them, 100 percent done through the treasury and congress. he came up with a idea on suspending payroll taxes that nobody paid any attention to.

Didn’t he put his name on all the checks?

Reactions: Bill4411
I think people will slowly get used to going out again but give it a couple of weeks.

They certainly had no problem going to the barber today though. The wait at Great Clips was almost 3 hours but as my dad always said, “the only difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is a week”. I think it will be about two weeks for me this time though..

Different for Asian hair though. Its easier to cover up bad skills or mistakes on white folks hair. It can just flop down. With Asian hair, the cuticles are thicker so when they make mistakes, its more obvious and harder to hide.

Trust me I have had some very poor hairstylists over the years. (And I need a haircut every four weeks, even today.)

You land up looking like some drunk gardener did a job on your hair instead. I used to go to a guy called Russ (had his own hair salon) and another that was above Trojan Horse, both on Kirkwood.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The wife was off today so the kids got a break from the swill I normally serve them. She made a roast, mashed potatoes, noodles, and corn. It was delightful.

I somehow managed to con a great cook into marrying me and my waistline shows it.

So no, we didn’t eat out.

Yeah it's a long way from a gyro. But it is actually a pretty decent sandwich.

1de34e357f4fff6828e496d296b98782.jpg

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT