ADVERTISEMENT

How Many of You Were Convinced ...

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
to become climate change activists today, when you learned some had thrown soup on the Mona Lisa?

These people make the Westboro Baptist Church folks look intelligent.

(I still have a petty, sinful desire to see them beaten and see if they still show up. They ain't no Freedom Riders.)

What the heck makes these dumbasses think they are persuading anyone to join their cause? If your ideas are so weak you have to resort to stupid, maybe you need to re-think?

to become climate change activists today, when you learned some had thrown soup on the Mona Lisa?

(I still have a petty, sinful desire to see them beaten and see if they still show up. They ain't no Freedom Riders.)

What the heck makes these dumbasses think they are persuading anyone to join their cause? If your ideas are so weak you have to resort to stupid, maybe you need to re-think?
Second only to blocking traffic

I don’t think that was the first time. Yes, a beating is appropriate for them.

Reactions: stollcpa

Drop them in a large vat of tomato soup goop at Campbell Soup Co.

Isn't the Mona Lisa protected by glass?

In trying to come up with an appropriate sentence, I believe being shoved down a flight of stairs for each count would do the trick.

Climate religion is just as bad as MAGAism.

Reactions: Spartans9312
It's been for a while.

Have you ever seen it? It's disappointingly small, imo. Pretty funny the crowd just stands there and looks at it.
No, but heard that.

i’m a Rockwell guy.

lf

As silly as a can of soup on the Mona Lisa is, it’s easier to understand than a climate ignoramus shutting down a major LNG infrastructure project to protect the climate.

It's been for a while.

Have you ever seen it? It's disappointingly small, imo. Pretty funny the crowd just stands there and looks at it.
I actually know very little about the Mona Lisa and I've never seen it, but I feel like it's popular now because people have made a big deal of it over the last couple of centuries. It's reputation has preceded it and made it more than it is, in my opinion.

This is a thought experiment and could never happen, but if you lined it up randomly down a long hallway of other works of art and no one was there to tell you which piece is more priceless than the others, I doubt that would be the painting people would stop and gawk at.

Again, I'm not an art expert by any stretch, so someone feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Reactions: DANC
I actually know very little about the Mona Lisa and I've never seen it, but I feel like it's popular now because people have made a big deal of it over the last couple of centuries. It's reputation has preceded it and made it more than it is, in my opinion.

This is a thought experiment and could never happen, but if you lined it up randomly down a long hallway of other works of art and no one was there to tell you which piece is more priceless than the others, I doubt that would be the painting people would stop and gawk at.

Again, I'm not an art expert by any stretch, so someone feel free to tell me I'm wrong.
Agreed. That's why I said I think it's famous for being famous. Like reality show participants today.

I think it's a pretty average painting and his 'The Last Supper' is more impressive, but, like you, I'm not an art expert by any means.

But I still think da Vinci was an alien.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Agreed. That's why I said I think it's famous for being famous. Like reality show participants today.

I think it's a pretty average painting and his 'The Last Supper' is more impressive, but, like you, I'm not an art expert by any means.

You have to put him and the painting in their historical context.

From my limited memory from high school/college and quick internet searches:

Da vinci was one of the first (the first?) to use realistic perspective and artistic techniques that created depth in the painting. He also was part of a trend away from religious iconography and towards objectivity or nature in the subject matter of his paintings (which I find boring and doesn't make someone great, but it's one of the reasons he's famous).

He also was one of the first to introduce some kind of subjectivity into the facial expressions of the subjects so that those facial expressions hint at an inner world of thinking emotions, etc. but that are ambiguous, so you can look at it and wonder: WTF is this chick thinking? And maybe come to a different conclusion each time you examine it. No one was doing that at the time.

Here's a link to earlier 16th century paintings you can compare to da Vinci. He was way ahead of his time.

Reactions: DANC
You have to put him and the painting in their historical context.

From my limited memory from high school/college and quick internet searches:

Da vinci was one of the first (the first?) to use realistic perspective and artistic techniques that created depth in the painting. He also was part of a trend away from religious iconography and towards objectivity or nature in the subject matter of his paintings (which I find boring and doesn't make someone great, but it's one of the reasons he's famous).

He also was one of the first to introduce some kind of subjectivity into the facial expressions of the subjects so that those facial expressions hint at an inner world of thinking emotions, etc. but that are ambiguous, so you can look at it and wonder: WTF is this chick thinking? And maybe come to a different conclusion each time you examine it. No one was doing that at the time.

Here's a link to earlier 16th century paintings you can compare to da Vinci. He was way ahead of his time.

Agreed. And with his other abilities and creations, he was a savant - probably an alien.

Reactions: BradStevens

8e0jv6.jpg

The Mona Lisa is the least impressive of da Vincis creations.

He could write in Greek on one hand while writing in Latin with the other....

Pretty sure he was an alien.
He timed his pendulum by his own pulse for his studies, and he handmade his own telescope that was strong enough to see Jupiter and its closest four moons.

Reactions: BradStevens

If any of us ever saw Liza in person, you might change your mind.
There’s always that angle to think about. It could have been 3:00 AM. A guy does what’s needed to make others feel wanted. Sometimes, that’s all the cops have going for them. It’s sad actually.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT