ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis is going to win the nomination

Jesus was a man for the 33 years he was on earth, but the rest of eternity, no. Neither divinity nor spiritual beings (including human souls) have any intrinsic gender or sex, since those are purely biological. So in the afterlife, every one of us will be "They/them."
Good thought experiment. Do souls need any pronouns in the afterlife? Languages are a human innovation and I’m not sure how souls communicate in the afterlife (besides telepathy).

Edit: Upon further thought the ideas of female and male would be known to God, since he is the creator, so I disagree with the they/them claim. I might be able to get on board with no pronouns at all? At least then there would be no misgendering.

Last edited:
Jesus was a man for the 33 years he was on earth, but the rest of eternity, no. Neither divinity nor spiritual beings (including human souls) have any intrinsic gender or sex, since those are purely biological. So in the afterlife, every one of us will be "They/them."
Nope.

Good thought experiment. Do souls need any pronouns in the afterlife? Language is a human innovation and I’m not sure how souls communicate in the afterlife.
Come on. Everyone knows the answer to this:

Reactions: larsIU
Good thought experiment. Do souls need any pronouns in the afterlife? Languages are a human innovation and I’m not sure how souls communicate in the afterlife (besides telepathy).

Edit: Upon further thought the ideas of female and male would be known to God, since he is the creator, so I disagree with the they/them claim. I might be able to get on board with no pronouns at all? At least then there would be no misgendering.
No pronouns at all is fine. I doubt we use human language in heaven. But the point is, gender and sex do not exist in the next life. St. Paul made that clear.

You’ve posted nothing in this thread but gibberish and a dailykos list.

It’s objectively bullshit and you know it.

Come on, man.
The opinion that there is any correlation between being trans and being a pedophile is just as much bull shit.

Being a priest obviously doesn't make someone a pedophile either but they are in a position of authority and have more of an opportunity to abuse their situation for those that are a pedophile.

You can argue all day which group has the higher percentage but there is no question which group has the higher opportunity for abuse.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Galatians 3:28
That isn't what that is saying.

It is calling for spiritual equality. That is clear from the context of the chapter as a whole. Jews and Gentiles worshipping together as one, under the new paradigm that Jesus set forth, not the old laws.

To change this up to make sense in a secular context: "In America there is no longer black or white. There is no longer slave or free. There is no longer male or female; for you all are one under the law." That doesn't mean that all of those things stopped existing, it is saying that under the law (or in the case of the biblical passage, the Christian religion as Jesus started) these things no longer serve as dividers and stratisfiers. All are equal.

It will be interesting for sure. I really like Haley, Scott and Vivek individually. If not for the Trump factor I’d probably throw in with one of them. Scott especially is probably exactly what this country needs right now to bring the temperature down a bit.

But the Trump factor is real, the rest of the Republicans have to coalesce behind someone else if we want any chance of bringing down Trump and DeSantis is the best option right now.

It looks like he’s rolling out a nice ground game and racking up endorsements in Iowa. He pulls out a win in the Caucuses and hold on to your hats.

The problem is “Trump can’t win a general” is not an effective line of attack to win over populist Republicans. They believe he can.
I think the line about DeSantis being available for 8 years and Trump having only 4 years left has more gravitas

To pull this back on point:

JACK HEATH, WTSN: Since you were on my show last, you said pretty much, Governor DeSantis, that based on all the attacks he's making against you, it is clear that you’re the one he's worried about here who can win this nomination.

And he continues, Former President Trump yesterday was criticizing your name. He’s nicknamed you. He did a release yesterday, actually, commenting on, he was like fixated on your last name, whether it’s Da-Santis Di-Santis, DeSanctis, he’s, he keeps coming at you. What's your reaction to attacks like that, even on your name? Do you think that’s sort of beneath the former president? Or do you, is that what you expect?

GOV. RON DESANTIS: I think it's so petty. I think it's so juvenile. I don’t think that’s what voters want. And honestly, I think that his conduct, which he’s been doing for years now, I think that’s one of the reasons he's not in the White House now. Because I think he alienated too many voters for things that really don’t matter. So I don’t get in the gutter on any of that.

Now look, we do have substantive differences and I think President Trump did a lot of great things, and I still give him credit for the great things he did, but he's attacking me on policy where we have a disagreement, and I'm the one that's in the right here on this. For example, he's saying [former NY] Gov. Andrew Cuomo handled Covid better than Florida did under my leadership, and yet people fled Cuomo's lockdowns to come to Florida but the tens of thousands and probably hundreds of thousands. Florida boomed as a result of being one of the nation's foremost freedom zones. We fought Trump's own administration to make sure our kids could be in school and our businesses could be open. So he's attacking me, siding with Andrew Cuomo in New York over me. I think that's just a huge mistake.

He's also attacked me for opposing an immigration amnesty bill that he tried to push through when was in Congress, and that's true. It was a 2 million amnesty for illegal aliens. I opposed that because I was upholding America First principles. He ran in 2016 saying that he would oppose amnesty for illegal aliens, and then he came in in 2018 and he tried to ram it through.

I think on the substance, people want to see the substantive debate, I think that's totally legitimate. But the juvenile name-calling and all that stuff, that's not the way I roll.

And here's the thing. No governor was bolder on policy and accomplishments than I was in Florida. And yet, I won almost 60% of the vote in a swing state. You don't do that by alienating people, you do that by attracting people who want to share your vision and appreciate the accomplishments and results that you've delivered for them.

I don't care what they say about me in terms of name-calling, although i would say he needs to call me "a winner" because we've won in Florida over and over again. I don't care about any of that, but I think it is a distraction and I think it turns off the voters. How are we going to be able to win independent voters in New Hampshire and other key states if we're going to be engaged in that type of back-and-forth.

I think the voters are sick of it. I think they want to hear about the problems facing the country and how you can deliver results for them.

I think the governor is exactly right in all of his criticisms. The McEnany criticism being the most recent example. Trump is lurching left and he is an ass hole. Too many people were already over the ass hole part of him and now his policies are shifting too far back to the Democrat he has always been. He isn't what we need going forward.

(ETA: somehow the formatting got a little jacked on this one but I am too lazy to fix)

Until this whole brouhaha started, I had no idea Disney had such governmental autonomy.

I understand Desantis is using it for political advantage, but I also agree with him that Disney should be treated like any other corporate entity.
Disney has basically the same level of autonomy as both the Daytona 500 and the Villages have. So why isn't he applying the same treatment to both of them? I think the Villages stretches across (at least) 3 different counties...

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Indyhorn
Disney has basically the same level of autonomy as both the Daytona 500 and the Villages have. So why isn't he applying the same treatment to both of them? I think the Villages stretches across (at least) 3 different counties...
Politic are partisan- Ron D is already cooked. Better find a new hero behind which we coalesce behind or Trump wins again- then loses- then claims fraud we know the drill

The anti vax isnt crap. The fact it was forced upon is is a bunch of crap. Lots of people have been adversely affected by it. You can call it whatever you want but it is fact .
How exactly do you explain the higher mortality rates in Red counties, esp since for the first year (pre-vax) covid was largely a blue state phenomenon? As I posted elsewhere, the worst state for covid death per capita and % of covid deaths occurring after 5/1/21 is Florida.

Basically after the vaccine became universally available to adults (5/1/21) 58% of Florida's covid deaths occured. Conversely, states that were hit hard in year 1 (CA and NY particularly) only suffered 40 and 33% of their total deaths after they had access to the vaccine...

Reactions: IU_Hickory
You are clueless.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
How exactly do you explain the higher mortality rates in Red counties, esp since for the first year (pre-vax) covid was largely a blue state phenomenon? As I posted elsewhere, the worst state for covid death per capita and % of covid deaths occurring after 5/1/21 is Florida.

Basically after the vaccine became universally available to adults (5/1/21) 58% of Florida's covid deaths occured. Conversely, states that were hit hard in year 1 (CA and NY particularly) only suffered 40 and 33% of their total deaths after they had access to the vaccine...
Florida has a higher than normal median age due to retirees- who died more from Covid- IU degree means look at top level data than try and interpret the data

Are you even a real person? You post absolute sh*t like you are some authority and have no clue WTF you are talking about

Your point can't be repeated enough.

The first year of COVID Desantis pretty much followed the protocol (which is why there are so many clips of him pushing masks, the vax and doing short term shutdowns. If you haven't than you will as the Trump campaign will have them on a loop).

Florida's numbers were really good.

Year two his ambition got the best of him and he dropped pretty much all precautions and followed the Maga mob.

Predictably his numbers skyrocketed and Florida became one of the worst states in the country as far as death per capita. It got so bad (at one time Florida accounted for a fifth of total deaths) that he 'changed how they were reported' and only gave updates once a week.

Also remember he only counted deaths of registered Floridians (tourist or snowbirds weren't included) and he fought tooth and nail for COVID not to be included if the patient had other illnesses.

So who knows what Florida's actual scoreboard is.

Death per Capita before vaccines:

California 165
Florida 150

Death per Capita after vaccines became universally available:

California 109
Florida 211

There's the story.

The first year of COVID Desantis pretty much followed the protocol (which is why there are so many clips of him pushing masks, the vax and doing short term shutdowns. If you haven't than you will as the Trump campaign will have them on a loop).

Year two his ambition got the best of him and he dropped pretty much all precautions and followed the Maga mob.

Predictably his numbers skyrocketed and Florida became one of the worst states in the country as far as death per capita. It got so bad (at one time Florida accounted for a fifth of total deaths) that he 'changed how they were reported' and only gave updates once a week.

Also remember he only counted deaths of registered Floridians (tourist or snowbirds weren't included) and he fought tooth and nail for COVID not to be included if the patient had other illnesses.

California 165
Florida 150

California 109
Florida 211

There's the story.
I love data- hits Trump where it hurts most from those of us who read and comprehend

Anyone who doesn’t control for age is a political hack and should be discarded right away. Not to mention you randomly cherry pick dates.

Are you even a real person? You post absolute sh*t like you are some authority and have no clue WTF you are talking about
Then it should be easy for you to respond intelligently and refute his post instead of resorting to insults

Anyone who doesn’t control for age is a political hack and should be discarded right away. Not to mention you randomly cherry pick dates.

Then pick a different date and see if you can refute the data showing red states sucking less than blue states once the vaccines got released relative to how those states were doing before the vaccine.

I would be willing to bet that you couldn't cherry pick dates to back up your opinion.

Then pick a different date and see if you can refute the data showing red states sucking less than blue states once the vaccines got released relative to how those states were doing before the vaccine.

I would be willing to bet that you couldn't cherry pick dates to back up your opinion.
No.

California 165
Florida 150

California 109
Florida 211

There's the story.
So vaccines cause death? Is that the story?

So vaccines cause death? Is that the story?
It’s pretty pathetic. All they have are conspiracy theories about Florida fudging their Covid deaths.

The age adjusted death rate speaks for itself. Florida was middle of the pack, and capitalized on everyone’s fear to turn their state into an economic gold rush.

It was great political instincts and courage by DeSantis. But it’s more than that. Word is he poured over the Covid infection data and virology studies himself to guide his decision making.

He wasn’t guided by hysteria, or government
bureaucrats with unearned authority. Under pressure he made a sound decision based on data, when the easy political route would have been to be more cautious.

Last edited:
It’s pretty pathetic. All they have are conspiracy theories about Florida fudging their Covid deaths.

The age adjusted death rate speaks for itself. Florida was middle of the pack, and capitalized on everyone’s fear to turn their state into an economic gold rush.

It was great political instincts and courage by DeSantis. But it’s more than that. Word is he poured over the Covid infection data and virology studies himself to guide his decision making.

bureaucrats with unearned authority. Under pressure he made a sound decision based on data, when the east political route would have been to be more cautious.
Sounds like propaganda put out by the DeSantis people.

Maybe it's true, though.

I'm pretty sure we can all agree neither Trump nor Biden would be capable of that.

Here's a link to some interesting podcasts, articles, and discussion regarding our COVID response:

Reactions: Indyhorn and larsIU

Florida is being compared to Florida.

Florida actually did well his first year, then he followed what Maga wanted and went 'freedom' and his numbers jumped significantly.

You can try to spin it however you want but it doesn't change the scoreboard.

bureaucrats with unearned authority. Under pressure he made a sound decision based on data, when the east political route would have been to be more cautious.

The numbers are what they are.

Florida was on fire after he went Darth Maga.

Conspiracy or not.

What was even more aggregious is that he had over a year and had a vaccine available for everyone....and he chose ambition.

Changing course and caving in to the Maga base is the opposite of courage.

He did bolster his maga profile though. Sorry grandma, that cousin with asthma and that friend going through chemo. That's life.

The numbers are what they are.

Florida was on fire after he went Darth Maga.

Conspiracy or not.

What was even more aggregious is that he had over a year and had a vaccine available for everyone....and he chose ambition.

Changing course and caving in to the Maga base is the opposite of courage.

He did bolster his maga profile.
Also numbers: Florida was one of two states (New York) in which the GOP greatly outperformed expectations in 2022. So Ronny D might be doing something right.

Also numbers: Florida was one of two states (New York) in which the GOP greatly outperformed expectations in 2022. So Ronny D might be doing something right.

That's kind of the point isn't it? He pivoted for political ambition, in the process had a disasterous second year after he did (he likes to point to overall numbers of course).

Again he was a decent proponent of the restrictions in the first year.

You're going to see the Trump team lean into that (clips of him encouraging the vax, him pushing masking and social distancing and so forth).

Then if he makes it past the primary I'm guessing he's going to get hit with why he pivoted and why his numbers predictably ballooned (if Dems were smart) as again, it's a pretty cut and dry story.

Sounds like propaganda put out by the DeSantis people.

Maybe it's true, though.

I'm pretty sure we can all agree neither Trump nor Biden would be capable of that.
Running a state is a little different than running a country, no?

That's kind of the point isn't it? He pivoted for political ambition, in the process had a disasterous second year after he did (he likes to point to overall numbers of course).

You're going to see the Trump team lean into that (clips of him encouraging the vax, him pushing masking and social distancing and so forth).

Then if he makes it past the primary I'm guessing he's going to get hit with why he pivoted and why his numbers predictably ballooned (if Dems were smart) as again, it's a pretty cut and dry story.
He's not making it past the primary. Absent a fatal heart attack, it's going to be Trump.

Reactions: Indyhorn

He pivoted to what exactly? Allowing people
to make their own decisions? What a psycho.

You’re a scary ass Marxist clown. The amount of control you wish to exert over others is terrifying. You need to be stomped out.

Then it should be easy for you to respond intelligently and refute his post instead of resorting to insults
Attempting to respond to you with any form of intelligence known to man would be a futile effort. You have shown who you are

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT