ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis is going to win the nomination

She didn’t report her and her family had been terrorized over spring break when they were In Florida. More liberal BS.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Episode 4 Abc GIF by The Bachelor

It will be interesting for sure. I really like Haley, Scott and Vivek individually. If not for the Trump factor I’d probably throw in with one of them. Scott especially is probably exactly what this country needs right now to bring the temperature down a bit.

But the Trump factor is real, the rest of the Republicans have to coalesce behind someone else if we want any chance of bringing down Trump and DeSantis is the best option right now.

It looks like he’s rolling out a nice ground game and racking up endorsements in Iowa. He pulls out a win in the Caucuses and hold on to your hats.

The problem is “Trump can’t win a general” is not an effective line of attack to win over populist Republicans. They believe he can.

It will be interesting for sure. I really like Haley, Scott and Vivek individually. If not for the Trump factor I’d probably throw in with one of them. Scott especially is probably exactly what this country needs right now to bring the temperature down a bit.

But the Trump factor is real, the rest of the Republicans have to coalesce behind someone else if we want any chance of bringing down Trump and DeSantis is the best option right now.

It looks like he’s rolling out a nice ground game and racking up endorsements in Iowa. He pulls out a win in the Caucuses and hold on to your hats.

The problem is “Trump can’t win a general” is not an effective line of attack to win over populist Republicans. They believe he can.
He has zero chance. Did you see the KY primary last week? The RINO establishment Desantis backed candidate outspent the Trump candidate 10-1. She still lost by over 30.

Reactions: bailey777
Well, I mean, if you're against special taxing/adminstrative schemes for non governmental actors then, by all means, say so.

But if you think DeSantis is going to WIN his argument with Disney.....haha. Not only don't you fight people who buy ink (and bandwidth) at cost, you don't fight the largest employer and tax payer in your state. Over the tips of his skis is an understatement here.

DeSantis, Haley, Scott, will effectively split votes from the growing group of people wanting to get away from Trump. Trumps base will remain big enough for him to win the nomination.

The ONLY way for someone other than Trump to win nomination, is one candidate emerging, as soon as possible.

DeSantis probably has the best chance to beat Trump.

I'd say Haley or Scott would have the best chance to win the general. DeSantis is farther right than Trump is, and that would be magnified in the general. I would bet there are a lot of people that don't realize how far right DeSantis is governing from. Ironically, he's probably more in line with a large chunk of Trumps most ardent base, than Trump is himself, policy wise.

Lol. Great substantive reply.

His war on Disney reflects terrible judgment. It's a huge, unforced error that will continue to bite him in the ass.
This is nonsense. The only data point we have since Disney is him winning reelection in a landslide. The bill was popular in Florida.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Trump is going to win the nomination.

Scott could win the general in a walk, though.
Its crazy to think about what a Scott nomination would do for the health of the Republican party...and probably the health of the Democratic party and overall government...and yet...its an incredibly safe bet to pencil in the two old buffoons as the Opening Day Starters. I guess I'll sell my tickets, yet again.

This is nonsense. The only data point we have since Disney is him winning reelection in a landslide. The bill was popular in Florida.
"Since Disney?" He continued his stupid assault after the election, musing that he might build a prison next to Disney and making other inflammatory comments. This is ongoing and now worse than ever with Disney's recent decision to pull the plug on a planned $1.2 billion project that would have generated 2,000 additional jobs on top of the 75.000 they already employ in Florida.

Disney brings tens of million of people to Florida every year. They spend lots of money. Disney itself paid and collected $1.15 billion in state and local taxes in 2022. Then there's the additional hundreds of millions paid and collected by area businesses as a function of money spent by Disney tourists.

I remember hearing "you don't bite the hand that feeds you" when I was a kid. I guess Ronny never got that lesson.

This is fodder for every Republican presidential candidate, particularly Trump. Again, it reflects terrible judgment on the part of DeSantis.

Reactions: Willdog7 and larsIU
It will be interesting for sure. I really like Haley, Scott and Vivek individually.

I like those 4 too...alot. Going to have to figure it out. No way I am voting for Trump.....unless I have to in the general. As bad as he is, still 180° from most D policies.

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
"Since Disney?" He continued his stupid assault after the election, musing that he might build a prison next to Disney and making other inflammatory comments. This is ongoing and now worse than ever with Disney's recent decision to pull the plug on a planned $1.2 billion project that would have generated 2,000 additional jobs on top of the 75.000 they already employ in Florida.
This is not true. The jobs were not coming to Florida and it had nothing to do with DeSantis. This was discussed in a previous thread.
Disney brings tens of million of people to Florida every year. They spend lots of money. Disney itself paid and collected $1.15 billion in state and local taxes in 2022. Then there's the additional hundreds of millions paid and collected by area businesses as a function of money spent by Disney tourists.
That's still happening.
I remember hearing "you don't bite the hand that feeds you" when I was a kid. I guess Ronny never got that lesson.

This is fodder for every Republican presidential candidate, particularly Trump. Again, it reflects terrible judgment on the part of DeSantis.
The problem is you can't put your feeling and emotions aside and stop being partisan. The bill was popular with conservatives and Disney is one of many reasons DeSantis won reelection in a landslide. So far he's had excellent judgement. He's not trying to get your vote or approval. You're not the target audience.

This is not true. The jobs were not coming to Florida and it had nothing to do with DeSantis. This was discussed in a previous thread.

That's still happening.

The problem is you can't put your feeling and emotions aside and stop being partisan. The bill was popular with conservatives and Disney is one of many reasons DeSantis won reelection in a landslide. So, far he's had excellent judgement. He's not trying to get your vote or approval. You're not the target audience.

Agree on that. The fact, no the reason, that Ds hate him kinda gives him cred IMO.

But like Haley & Scott too as well as Ramaswamy. Likely vote for whomever coalesces enough support and money to beat Trump.

Trump is going to win the nomination.

Scott could win the general in a walk, though.
Scott's plan has to be hammering the electability message. Ironically, it's the playbook that Biden played from.

It's what first drew people to DeSantis, but for some reason he's strayed from it over the last six months.

Reactions: larsIU
The problem is you can't put your feeling and emotions aside and stop being partisan. The bill was popular with conservatives and Disney is one of many reasons DeSantis won reelection in a landslide. So far he's had excellent judgement. He's not trying to get your vote or approval. You're not the target audience.

I'm not now nor have I ever been a Democrat. I'm an independent. I'm definitely part of the target audience.

The popularity of the bill is beside the point. The point is that Disney exercised its First Amendment right in criticizing it and the matter would have blown over but for the fact that DeSantis embarked on a revenge crusade that defies logic and makes him vulnerable politically. He's going to have trouble winning the primary in his own state and he has no chance at the Republican nomination in 2024 as long as Trump is still breathing.

I'm not now nor have I ever been a Democrat. I'm an independent. I'm definitely part of the target audience.
Uh Oh Omg GIF by ESPN

The popularity of the bill is beside the point. The point is that Disney exercised its First Amendment right in criticizing it and the matter would have blown over but for the fact that DeSantis embarked on a revenge crusade that defies logic and makes him vulnerable politically. He's going to have trouble winning the primary in his own state and he has no chance at the Republican nomination in 2024 as long as Trump is still breathing.

It looks like we get to find out. DeSantis is going to kick Trump's a#$.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Uh Oh Omg GIF by ESPN

It looks like we get to find out. DeSantis is going to kick Trump's a#$.
DeSanctus is being absolutely destroyed by Disney. His original P.R. plan fizzled, so now he’s going back with a new one in order to save face. Disney’s next move will be the announcement that no more money will be invested in Florida because of the Governor.
In fact, they could even announce a slow withdrawal or sale of certain properties, or the whole thing. Watch! That would be a killer. In the meantime, this is all so unnecessary, a political STUNT!

No way, you guys still need Trump like a drug so you haven’t kicked the addiction. Plus, there are too many GOP candidates jumping in, which will guarantee Trump gets the majority in the primaries.
I don't need Trump, never voted for Trump, and he is going to get his a#% kicked. @dbmhoosier I'm going to enjoy watching Trump cry like a baby when he loses again 😂

That's still happening.

Disney has been framing that it's the first domino of an 18 billion Florida investment over the next decade.

Which is why it's going to be a difficult fight to see through as Disney has massive resources and now Desantis looks to be going into the grind of a presidential campaign where he's going to get the full public body scan.

But yes the scoreboard is currently now it's a proposed 17 billion investment over the next decade.

We can go back and forth on the Disney battle but it's a pretty blatant 1st amendment violation. He didn't pick the fight until right after they opposed his bill and he's not going after other areas that have similar agreements (like Daytona or the Villages)....so yeah.

That works in Hungary but it's unconstitutional in our country.

I can't see how it plays well for him in a general (and among independents) as it's so straightforward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT