ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis blocked my covid-19 vaccination Friday.

DeSantis is now allowing me to get my covid shot. When I got blocked from getting my shot there was a good bit of confusion. On one side the center of disease control recommended that anyone who has not had a covid shot within the past 2 months who was over the age of 6 months should get the new boaster. Yes that's correct six months not 6 years not 60 years.

The surgeon general of Florida recommended that no one in Florida get this shot who was under 65 years of age. Most non-trumpsters here in Florida believe that DeSantis sees his best chance in the primaries is to be an anti-vaxxer in order to differentiate himself from Trump.

The pharmacies in Florida did not offer the vaccination until the state got their act together. My pharmacy began giving the shot on Tuesday and I will get mine tomorrow.

You do realize your issue regarding delay is the Biden administration's fault, right? DeSantis had nothing to do with this bungled rollout of the new booster.
It was the admin and CDC promoting a new booster before it had even been produced or shipped and not ensuring insurance companies had updated their billing systems before the rollout.

But keep spreading misinformation support your anti-DeSantis agenda.

Reactions: Spartans9312
This thread

giphy.gif

And In before the clueless sensitive people police try and trash my attitude towards your dumb assed ness

laughing-hilarious.gif

Think! Slowing the spread means fewer human beings are infected. Duh.

So if you are vaccinated and therefore you hardly know that you were ever infected (and wouldn't know, without amazingly sensitive tests), indeed you are protected.

But (and listen closely)...If you then spread it to 1 person rather than the 10 you would have, had you been unvaccinnated and gotten sicker, then 9 people are protected by your decision to have gotten vaccinated.

Math. It spreads, but as you yourself said, the spread is SLOWED DOWN.

If anyone can miss a free throw, then why shoot them at all? Just give me the zero and give the other team the ball.

Oh, wait...

It seems to be awfully hard for you to grasp that's you're wrong!

So only poor people living in slums ever got it, like Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Gotcha. Sure, hygeine played a big role. But it would have never come CLOSE to disappearing without a vaccine.
My wife's grandmother contracted polio in the 30's in Central Illinois. Back when people used outhouses and didn't have running water.

I’ve maintained there was some utility for the extremely vulnerable people during the original wave. Of course that round of vaccinations largely caused the Delta variant so a double edged sword.

The idea of healthy people needing to be vaccinated to protect the vulnerable was and is bunk.
I looked up the data. The raw data is available to download in excel here: https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/united-states-rates-of-covid-19-deaths-by-vaccination-status

In 2022 for all age groups, in the USA, if you were unvaccinated, your risk of death from COVID was 10-15x higher than if you were vaccinated. The numbers varied by month and it is broken down by age groups, with a larger benefit for the older age groups, as expected.

In 2023 for all age groups, in the USA, if you were unvaccinated your risk of death from COVID is 4-7x higher than if you were vaccinated. The numbers vary by month and it is broken down by age groups, with a larger benefit for the older age groups, as expected. There is also an an analysis as to whether you were also boosted.

Why has the survival benefit dropped from 2022 to 2023? One quite obvious reason is that most of the unvaccinated people got COVID in 2022 and so, if they survived, they acquired immunity not unlike those that were vaccinated. You would expect some convergence, merely based on that simple fact.

One can also postulate that vaccine effectiveness has waned, from being incredibly effective (~15x, like having a 90% free throw shooter at line line, rather than a 6% free throw shooter) to merely being effective (~5x, like having a 90% free throw shooter at line line, rather than a 18% free throw shooter).

So go ahead...

if you want to argue that in the good old days you preferred having a 90% shooter take a technical free throw with the clock at 0:00 and the game tied, rather than a 6% shooter, then fine. That makes sense.

But now that the other guy makes 18% of them, saying that it really doesn't matter who is taking the free throw any more is pretty damn silly. I'll take Alford shooting it, over Shaq, and that analogy undersells the benefit, since Alford vs. Shaq is about a 2x higher chance of a make (~45% to ~90%), not 4-7x.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82hoosier
My wife's grandmother contracted polio in the 30's in Central Illinois. Back when people used outhouses and didn't have running water.
Sure. Sanitation played a role for the population as a whole. Viable polio virus is abundant in feces of infected persons.

But the highest of high society also contracted polio. FDR grew up in a millionaire household, with running water and indoor plumbing.

So did (among others)...
Mia Farrow
Alan Alda
Donald Sutherland
Joni Mitchell
Neil Young
Francis Ford Coppola

You do realize your issue regarding delay is the Biden administration's fault, right? DeSantis had nothing to do with this bungled rollout of the new booster.
It was the admin and CDC promoting a new booster before it had even been produced or shipped and not ensuring insurance companies had updated their billing systems before the rollout.

But keep spreading misinformation support your anti-DeSantis agenda.
How has the rollout been bungled?

How has the rollout been bungled?

82 stated he showed up to get the vax and it was not there. Lots of articles about people having to reschedule appointments (just like 82) and insurance companies not having updated information on the vax in their systems yet.

At least that's what the worker at Walgreens told me.

I will look forward to Shooter telling you that you are full of it.
I didn't experience what he says that he experienced. I made an appointment and got flu and COVID shots, no problem.

But I can't really say that what he said happened to him didn't really happen to him, simply becuase it didn't happen to me several days later.

Pharmacies want to get paid and throw up barriers until they know how they will be paid. In my case I think it was covered by my insurance rather than by Uncle Sam. A least to reserve the appointment I had to enter my insurance info and I had to go to CVS rather than to Walgreens, since my prescription insurance specified that (CVS Caremark Rx coverage).

Last edited:
Quite the contrary…your posts are very eye-opening and explain so much.
Gosh that was so well thought out. That take ya the entire afternoon to come up with? Glad I can help you understand how plunked in the ass you are following these people that could give 2 shits about you or your life. The best thing to do is the opposite of everything these evil assholes tell ya to do. You're welcome.

Gosh that was so well thought out. That take ya the entire afternoon to come up with? Glad I can help you understand how plunked in the ass you are following these people that could give 2 shits about you or your life. The best thing to do is the opposite of everything these evil assholes tell ya to do. You're welcome.
Well, considering that I posted it in the AM, no.

Are you saying you give two shits about anyone other than yourself?
😆

The vaccine is pretty much a failed product at this point. Ladapo and DeSantis have a great command of the data and thus have not recommended boosters for those under 65, falling in line with most of Europe.

There’s a strong antibody response for about two months after every booster that provides some protection, but after that, you might as well have never gotten it. This is something we would have realized we’re their long term clinical trials but there wasn’t.

No one who’s contracted Covid should be getting one. And given the severity of Covid now days, most nobody should be getting boosted. For sure no one should be encouraging/ shaming others to get boosted. That’s completely asinine.
"The vaccine is pretty much a failed product at this point. Ladapo and DeSantis have a great command of the data and thus have not recommended boosters for those under 65, falling in line with most of Europe."

So in Ladipo's case how do you define a "great command of the data"? Illegally manipulating it?

How about claiming your "expertise" is based on your personal treatment of covid patients, when none of your co-workers have any knowledge of any covid patients ever being among the people you saw during the single day a week you even saw patients? Not to mention none of the duty schedules at UCLA reflecting any assignments of you to a single covid patient?

And DeSantis hired this clown, based on his anti-vax rhetoric, which seems suspiciously in line with the grift of the American Frontline Doctors/ Ivermectin fraudsters.. in fact it was after he became aware of Ladipo's advocacy of both Hydrox AND Ivermectin that DeSantis hired him. and subsequently people involved in approving that decision have stated that Ladipo's anti-vax history was with held from them.

His own former supervisor at UCLA refused to give him a positive recomendation saying that Ladipo had violated his hippocratic oath...

So you're right. DeSantis and Ladipo make a great team...Luckily DeSantis won't be elected POTUS, but I hate that folks in FL are stuck with him,and especially Ladipo until at least 2026. And then rumours are that Matt Gaetz will run. I'd hope that the people in the entire state would not be as idiotic as the folks who elected Gaetz in the first place, but it's a strange world we're living in...

And of course Ivermectin and HCL would have been much more cost effective and just as preventative (since we could have rolled them out earlier) but that would mean no billions for big pharma.

You really shouldn’t vaccinate INTO a pandemic. Madness.
So I guess Brazil had no covid deaths, or at least weren't among the top 5 in the world? Since they were giving Ivermectin out for free from the Govt as far back as the summer of 2020?

Steve Alford sometimes missed a free throw. Shaq sometimes made a free throw.

So Goo-Goo Favra Man and ftw argue until they're blue in the face that, since either one of them might miss a FT, it makes no difference whatsoever who we pick to send to the line to shot the technical foul shot, in the tie game, with the clock at 0:00.

I beg to differ. I go with the higher odds of success. I want Steve shooting it, not Shaq.

Then, in seeking a higher chance for success in protecting the most vulnerable in our population from a circulating contagion, I want widespread vaccination for those who can do it.

It's pretty simple, really. Indeed, Shaq might make one and Steve might miss one. Still, the thinking person looks at the data to make the decision that's best to achive the objective, in this case protecting the most vulnerable in our population from a circulating contagion.

My shot in the arm probably did very little for me, even though I'm over 60. If I get infected I'll survive. But now if I get infected I would be shedding a hell of a lot less virus than I otherwise would have, and I will be doing my tiny little part in helping raise the odds that my neighbor in chemo or my co-worker who had a kidney transplant won't die. That's worth a half hour of my time and a little pinch. Not even the half hour, since I was gonna get the flu shot anyway, and that shot DOES give a tangible benfit to ME.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82hoosier
82 stated he showed up to get the vax and it was not there. Lots of articles about people having to reschedule appointments (just like 82) and insurance companies not having updated information on the vax in their systems yet.

Hmmm I got a notice from CVS and scheduled mine for next week. We’ll see how it goes

Steve Alford sometimes missed a free throw. Shaq sometimes made a free throw.

So Goo-Goo Favra Man and ftw argue until they're blue in the face that, since either one of them might miss a FT, it makes no difference whatsoever who we pick to send to the line to shot the technical foul shot, in the tie game, with the clock at 0:00.

I beg to differ. I go with the higher odds of success. I want Steve shooting it, not Shaq.

Then, in seeking a higher chance for success in protecting the most vulnerable in our population from a circulating contagion, I want widespread vaccination for those who can do it.

It's pretty simple, really. Indeed, Shaq might make one and Steve might miss one. Still, the thinking person looks at the data to make the decision that's best to achive the objective, in this case protecting the most vulnerable in our population from a circulating contagion.

My shot in the arm probably did very little for me, even though I'm over 60. If I get infected I'll survive. But now if I get infected I would be shedding a hell of a lot less virus than I otherwise would have, and I will be doing my tiny little part in helping raise the odds that my neighbor in chemo or my co-worker who had a kidney transplant won't die. That's worth a half hour of my time and a little pinch. Not even the half hour, since I was gonna get the flu shot anyway, and that shot DOES give a tangible benfit to ME.
You are exactly what every politician and elitist wishes for in a human being. They won with you and half this board.

Why would that matter?

The people that blast people for getting a booster are just as bad as the people that blast people for not getting a booster.

Why can't people just mind their own damn business?
my epitaph someday....

"he tried to help out where he could and the rest of the time minded his own damn business"

I looked up the data. The raw data is available to download in excel here: https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/united-states-rates-of-covid-19-deaths-by-vaccination-status

In 2022 for all age groups, in the USA, if you were unvaccinated, your risk of death from COVID was 10-15x higher than if you were vaccinated. The numbers varied by month and it is broken down by age groups, with a larger benefit for the older age groups, as expected.

In 2023 for all age groups, in the USA, if you were unvaccinated your risk of death from COVID is 4-7x higher than if you were vaccinated. The numbers vary by month and it is broken down by age groups, with a larger benefit for the older age groups, as expected. There is also an an analysis as to whether you were also boosted.

Why has the survival benefit dropped from 2022 to 2023? One quite obvious reason is that most of the unvaccinated people got COVID in 2022 and so, if they survived, they acquired immunity not unlike those that were vaccinated. You would expect some convergence, merely based on that simple fact.

One can also postulate that vaccine effectiveness has waned, from being incredibly effective (~15x, like having a 90% free throw shooter at line line, rather than a 6% free throw shooter) to merely being effective (~5x, like having a 90% free throw shooter at line line, rather than a 18% free throw shooter).

So go ahead...

if you want to argue that in the good old days you preferred having a 90% shooter take a technical free throw with the clock at 0:00 and the game tied, rather than a 6% shooter, then fine. That makes sense.

But now that the other guy makes 18% of them, saying that it really doesn't matter who is taking the free throw any more is pretty damn silly. I'll take Alford shooting it, over Shaq, and that analogy undersells the benefit, since Alford vs. Shaq is about a 2x higher chance of a make (~45% to ~90%), not 4-7x.
Stop citing data from organizations that have been discredited and debunked.

Let's not forget that Donald Trump was doing the best that he could to get the United States out of the world health organization. He suspended payments to the world health organization which Biden immediately reversed after he took office.

Somehow I think a lot of our problems would be ended if Trump told the supporters to jump off a cliff.

Let's not forget that Donald Trump was doing the best that he could to get the United States out of the world health organization. He suspended payments to the world health organization which Biden immediately reversed after he took office.

Somehow I think a lot of our problems would be ended if Trump told the supporters to jump off a cliff.
“Jump off a cliff.”

I don’t pretend to understand your level of stupidity . . . . But I admire your consistent commitment to it.

Reactions: NPT and mcmurtry66

Yes Biden is a moron. Send the check regardless of competence. Trump was right to withhold money. A full review should have been conducted. Biden sending a check is the epitome of a 50 year gov man. WHO is another one who was piss poor. And I get they do vital stuff all over the world that has nothing to do with Covid but trump was right to say let’s hold on.

Reactions: Spartans9312

Was that in FL or are some other governors blocking it? 🤣

Let's not forget that Donald Trump was doing the best that he could to get the United States out of the world health organization.
That would have been a good move.... they're just an extension of China.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT