ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis blocked my covid-19 vaccination Friday.

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
Signed up on the CVS pharmacy website to get a covid booster. It is the new one that was approved by the CDC. I was scheduled to get mine on Friday at 6:00 p.m. in Fort Lauderdale.

When I showed up to get it I was informed that in direct conflict with the center of disease control DeSantis has not approved the new covid vaccination. I am 68 years old with type 2 diabetes. And now that mother ****er DeSantis is interfering with my health care and safety.

What I really feel about him I probably should not put in print.

Last edited:
Signed up on the CVS pharmacy website to get a covid booster. It is the new one that was approved by the CDC. I was scheduled to get mine on Friday at 6:00 p.m. in Fort Lauderdale.

When I showed up to get it I was informed that in direct conflict with the center of disease control DeSantis has not approved the new covid vaccination. I am 68 years old with type 2 diabetes. And now that mother ****er DeSantis is interfering with my health care and safety.

What does DeSantis have to do with access to vaccines? At the pharmacy I work at we haven’t received the new CoViD vaccine yet. We don’t expect it until the end of the month. We were required to send all of the previous formulations back due to no longer being able to administer

Yes Desantis does not endorse it, in contravention of the fed agencies who do. He hasn’t blocked it. Are you saying you can’t get it? I don’t believe that. I’ll call cvs down there and find out.

Relax. You’re in Fort Lauderdale. Go grab Starbucks and take a walk on las olas. Maybe go see Messi’s new house. You could be in Mo. we are in week 2 of the 5 weeks of good weather we get annually.

Reactions: vesuvius13

Maybe you shouldn't lap up misinformation from CVS but get the facts yourself. A simple Google search would have clarified things.

Even the cnn article from 9-14 states:

"We expect CVS Pharmacy locations to begin receiving supply of the new COVID-19 vaccines later this week,” CVS said in a statement to CNN. “Our pharmacies will continue to receive them on a rolling basis.”

I found nothing regarding Florida not approving the use of the updated vaccine. I found nothing that even legally allows any state to veto the use of the covid vaccine.

Maybe you shouldn't lap up misinformation from CVS but get the facts yourself. A simple Google search would have clarified things.

"We expect CVS Pharmacy locations to begin receiving supply of the new COVID-19 vaccines later this week,” CVS said in a statement to CNN. “Our pharmacies will continue to receive them on a rolling basis.”

I found nothing regarding Florida not approving the use of the updated vaccine. I found nothing that even legally allows any state to veto the use of the covid vaccine.

Well, don’t let this get in the way of his cool story and rant.

So you guys do know how to fact check.

10e030fec94f6f6f74ef17f8b68afd00_w200.webp

Yes Desantis does not endorse it, in contravention of the fed agencies who do. He hasn’t blocked it. Are you saying you can’t get it? I don’t believe that. I’ll call cvs down there and find out.

Relax. You’re in Fort Lauderdale. Go grab Starbucks and take a walk on las olas. Maybe go see Messi’s new house. You could be in Mo. we are in week 2 of the 5 weeks of good weather we get annually.
I have gotten a half a dozen shots at CVS over the past 2 months but they would not give me the covid shot yesterday. I made a specific appointment to get the covid shot and I had to fill out an online questionnaire before getting my approval.

I made the appointment on the CVS website for that and another vaccination. I had to apply for each one separately and fill out a questionnaire for each. I showed up at the appropriate time and was told that I could not get the covid vaccination because they did not have approval from the state of Florida.

I got on the website again today and made an appointment for 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Tomorrow I will call the pharmacy up and talk to a pharmacist in person to confirm.
. I am only reporting what they told me.

It's unfortunate people can't separate themselves and their agendas from what others need or want. I'm not interested in getting a COVID booster, but unlike some, I'm not going to mock you for feeling you need to.

It's unfortunate people can't separate themselves and their agendas from what others need or want. I'm not interested in getting a COVID booster, but unlike some, I'm not going to mock you for feeling you need to.
No one’s mocking him, they’re questioning the validity of his story. Get a f’n clue before you post. Geez

No one’s mocking him, they’re questioning the validity of his story. Get a f’n clue before you post. Geez
Which is why I posted the name of the pharmacy chain, the city and the time and date because there are so many people with conflicting agendas. And so much distrust

Again I am 68 years old and I have type 2 diabetes. Another vaccination is not going to eliminate me getting covid. But statistically it is going to improve to fight the virus if I do get it.

On a related matter DeSantis is saying that the State of Florida was never shut down due to covid. That is not true. The beaches in Southern Florida we're closed for several years. The restaurants were closed and then they were opened with restrictions. You could get on a bus without a mask. But you did not need a mass to go into the post office because that was a federal property. And then DeSantis passed a bill that said if you were fine for not wearing a mask the penalty was unenforceable. He went to schools and belittled students for wearing masks. When he was asked if he personally got a vaccination he would not answer the question.

I'll report back when I get an update. 30% of Americans still have not receive a single vaccination. It's very hard for me to get my arms around this.

I made the appointment on the CVS website for that and another vaccination. I had to apply for each one separately and fill out a questionnaire for each. I showed up at the appropriate time and was told that I could not get the covid vaccination because they did not have approval from the state of Florida.

I got on the website again today and made an appointment for 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Tomorrow I will call the pharmacy up and talk to a pharmacist in person to confirm.
. I am only reporting what they told me.

I posted that 1) DeSantis didn’t stop you from getting it as you reported, 2) no place really has the new booster yet, and 3) CVS stated they would be rolling it out in waves.

Even vaccines.gov shows none available in your area or anywhere because it wasn't being shipped yet.

I am sorry for your inconvenience but I am puzzled why you felt the need to spread misinformation when it was so easy to look up the truth?

I posted that 1) DeSantis didn’t stop you from getting it as you reported, 2) no place really has the new booster yet, and 3) CVS stated they would be rolling it out in waves.

Even vaccines.gov shows none available in your area or anywhere because it wasn't being shipped yet.

I am sorry for your inconvenience but I am puzzled why you felt the need to spread misinformation when it was so easy to look up the truth?
It seems pretty obvious?

He hates DeSantis

I’m getting this vaccine and the flu shot when the vaccine is available in our area. I’m not going to blame Mike DeWine, Ohio’s governor, because it’s not yet available at the small clinic in our nearest Kroger.

Which is why I posted the name of the pharmacy chain, the city and the time and date because there are so many people with conflicting agendas. And so much distrust

Again I am 68 years old and I have type 2 diabetes. Another vaccination is not going to eliminate me getting covid. But statistically it is going to improve to fight the virus if I do get it.

On a related matter DeSantis is saying that the State of Florida was never shut down due to covid. That is not true. The beaches in Southern Florida we're closed for several years. The restaurants were closed and then they were opened with restrictions. You could get on a bus without a mask. But you did not need a mass to go into the post office because that was a federal property. And then DeSantis passed a bill that said if you were fine for not wearing a mask the penalty was unenforceable. He went to schools and belittled students for wearing masks. When he was asked if he personally got a vaccination he would not answer the question.

I'll report back when I get an update. 30% of Americans still have not receive a single vaccination. It's very hard for me to get my arms around this.
It’s less than 30 percent that haven’t. It’s more like 19 percent, but only about 5 percent of the most vulnerable population hasn’t been vaccinated.

He reported what he was told by a cvs employee.

Unless you were there at that cvs listening in, you haven't proven that he lied about what happened.

And yet, here you are with your agenda sowing distrust with misinformation. Now, you attempt to further your agenda by posting about beaches, restaurants, etc....things that have nothing to do with your original post.

You should just edit your original post and remove DeSantis name as you are only adding to the agendas and distrust.

Ok. So if I hear from a CVS employee that Biden blocked my getting a vax, I should come here and post misinformation without attempting to verify if it is true?
He reported what he was told.

And just because you didn't find anything doesn't really prove anything dick tracy.

You jumped to the conclusion that you wanted and claimed another poster was lying.

I really don't see you having trouble with misinformation....just when it doesn't align with your partisan bias

Reactions: swman
Ok. So if I hear from a CVS employee that Biden blocked my getting a vax, I should come here and post misinformation without attempting to verify if it is true?
Should I call you a liar because I couldn't find an internet article to verify?

Should I call you a liar because I couldn't find an internet article to verify?

No. And I didn't call 82 a liar, did I? I gave him linked articles showing him how the information he received was incorrect. That's all. Now, its up to him to retract his misinformation.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu

And just because you didn't find anything doesn't really prove anything dick tracy.

You jumped to the conclusion that you wanted and claimed another poster was lying.

I really don't see you having trouble with misinformation....just when it doesn't align with your partisan bias
HI I'm here for my vaccination booster shot.
I'm sorry we don't have it at this time.
HONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DESANTIS IS BLOCKING THE VACCINE (remember to post this later on cooler)

Last edited:
I went to Ben & Jerry’s in Fort Lauderdale yesterday and they were all out of Cherry Garcia. The employee there said it was because DeSantis is blocking the Cherry Garcia from being sold as he hates the Grateful Dead.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta

Yes he report what he was told.

I did link 3 articles and vaccines.gov.

Please show me where I stated he lied. Now I will call you a liar for posting that.

Quote me or link me a post where I posted misinformation.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Yes he report what he was told.

I did link 3 articles and vaccines.gov.

Please show me where I stated he lied. Now I will call you a liar for posting that.

Quote me or link me a post where I posted misinformation.

Saying someone posted misinformation is calling them a liar. Trying to split hairs?

Saying someone posted misinformation is calling them a liar. Trying to split hairs?
No it’s not. As an example. Many people parroted the idea that if you get vaccinated you won’t get Covid. That is misinformation.

They weren’t lying. They were just easily duped.

You spread misinformation on this board every day. It’s not that you’re lying. You’re just ignorant and have low intellect.

No it's not. It's letting them know they may be incorrect in their statement and may want to revise it.

If I ever post any misinformation, I want to know. In fact, in this thread, I asked Goat to provide me any information to correct anything I may have posted. He has not replied.

Bullshit

No it’s not. As an example. Many people parroted the idea that if you get vaccinated you won’t get Covid. That is misinformation.

They weren’t lying. They were just easily duped.

You spread misinformation on this board every day. It’s not that you’re lying. You’re just ignorant and have low intellect.
Some, a large number, were lying for for the money.

As the Wuhan flu and Zelenskii have demonstrated, mendacity can be quite profitable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT