ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats are stupid

Give it as much nuance as you want. This

It’s just a trade off for getting into bed with the LGBTQ, DEI, and we hate white people crowd.​

is still an incredibly stupid statement.
Thinking my statement is stupid is a really really stupid statement.

i dont like you lucille ball GIF

We can accept a certain level of overweight and poor fitness before boot camp or officer programs and work it off them before they graduate. When I had the NROTC unit at OSU about half of the new Midshipmen failed the first weight test and the first physical fitness test. That actually surprised me because 90 percent of the scholarship students played at least one varsity sport in high school. By the end of their first year about 100 percent were good to go for both tests. We worked them pretty hard. They do the same in boot camp.
I wasn’t asking for a story or your opinion. I tried to make it clear last night I don’t value your opinion. My real intent was to show you’re full of shit.

Marvin, who isn’t military personnel by the way, gave several reasons for why he thinks there is an issue and you liked his post. I have a reason and you gaslight me with the appeal to authority bullshit argument. This is why I try not to interact with you, you’re disingenuous. You can have the last word.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
I wasn’t asking for a story or your opinion. I tried to make it clear last night I don’t value your opinion. My real intent was show you’re full of shit.

Marvin, who isn’t military personnel by the way, gave several reasons for why he thinks there is an issue and you liked his post. I have a reason and you gaslight me with the appeal to authority bullshit argument. This is why I don’t try to interact with you, you’re disingenuous. You can have the last word.
I don’t gaslight you. I give it to you straight. In fact, I’m straight with everyone. I thought you’d like that.

Reactions: NPT
I agree but the opposite applies also.... those who want to lock up Trump and turn a blind eye to what HRC done are also hypocrites. I think all of them should be punished.... including Pence.
Not really. People that think people who complied with authorities should get less punishment are not at all hypocrites.

There is a big difference between what hrc, Pence and Biden did vs what Trump did.

If Trump had returned the boxes when asked and pretended it was a mistake, then nothing would have happened to him

Reactions: Digressions
Not really. People that think people who complied with authorities should get less punishment are not at all hypocrites.

There is a big difference between what hrc, Pence and Biden did vs what Trump did.

If Trump had returned the boxes when asked and pretended it was a mistake, then nothing would have happened to him
Well we'll just disagree on the definition of what a hypocrite is. I didn't say there wasn't a difference but I still maintain that all of them are hypocrites. They criticize the others for having classified documents and then it turns out they have some. They should all be punished. We're supposed to have a justice systems that applies to all but apparently you don't think so. Do you think if agents showed up a Aloha or Bing's house and found even one classified document which they gave up freely that they could just say that they had made a mistake and that would be the end of it? I don't and I doubt if you do either even if you won't admit it.

Well we'll just disagree on the definition of what a hypocrite is. I didn't say there wasn't a difference but I still maintain that all of them are hypocrites. They criticize the others for having classified documents and then it turns out they have some. They should all be punished. We're supposed to have a justice systems that applies to all but apparently you don't think so. Do you think if agents showed up a Aloha or Bing's house and found even one classified document which they gave up freely that they could just say that they had made a mistake and that would be the end of it? I don't and I doubt if you do either even if you won't admit it.
The endless need to "both sides" everything threatens to hide the fact that some things are in fact worse than others.

A hypocrite is having 2 different set of rules for the same thing. What Trump did wasn't the same thing.

A hypocrite would say Pence should go to jail but Biden is fine because what they did was comparable.

I am perfectly fine if all were punished more than they were but trump's punishment should remain far worse because he did quite a bit more.

Sorry. It is a real irritation when non military people talk about stuff they have no knowledge or experience about.

I get it, but that's a POV that can easily lead to a total inability to have any kind of discourse on most any subject. I'm not a lawyer, nor a parent, nor a veteran. Can I not have an opinion on legal matters or education or our Middle East adventures? Should I defer to lawyers or parents or veterans in any of these discussions?

I get it, but that's a POV that can easily lead to a total inability to have any kind of discourse on most any subject. I'm not a lawyer, nor a parent, nor a veteran. Can I not have an opinion on legal matters or education or our Middle East adventures? Should I defer to lawyers or parents or veterans in any of these discussions?
Opine all you want, but refrain from speculating about things you couldn’t possibly know. Anyway, that my personal guidance, and it’s possible that I occasionally violate it. I believe we all think we know more than we do. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
I am perfectly fine if all were punished more than they were but trump's punishment should remain far worse because he did quite a bit more.
And I would be fine with that. What I don't accept is just because Trump did something worse is that the others should get off with no punishment and that seems to be what a lot on here accept.

Opine all you want, but refrain from speculating about things you couldn’t possibly know. Anyway, that my personal guidance, and it’s possible that occasionally violate it. I believe we all think we know more than we do. 😉

I do my best not to get too far outside my knowledge base or experience. Trust me, I would never opine on HVAC.

The endless need to "both sides" everything threatens to hide the fact that some things are in fact worse than others.
And the endless need to ""Trump did something worse" threatens to hide the fact that what Biden and Pence did broke the law.

I do my best not to get too far outside my knowledge base or experience. Trust me, I would never opine on HVAC.
I could opine on that as a Navy Engineer in three of my six ships, which I was, but it’s probably boring to others. 😉

Last edited:
And I would be fine with that. What I don't accept is just because Trump did something worse is that the others should get off with no punishment and that seems to be what a lot on here accept.
Others getting off has nothing to do with Trump. The policy for top level officials is apparently no harm no foul if documents get returned and they cooperate with authorities.

I would be willing to bet there were instances of this happening before recently but that it was never made public. Now both sides are airing it to the public for political points.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I wasn’t asking for a story or your opinion. I tried to make it clear last night I don’t value your opinion. My real intent was show you’re full of shit.

Marvin, who isn’t military personnel by the way, gave several reasons for why he thinks there is an issue and you liked his post. I have a reason and you gaslight me with the appeal to authority bullshit argument. This is why I try not to interact with you, you’re disingenuous. You can have the last word.

If you don't want to interact with other posters, probably best not to direct a question and @ them. Just an idea.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Let’s just say I used to hold the military in high esteem because I believed they forged leadership skills better than any other organization.

If Aloha was truly a ship captain that entire premise is bunk.

Arrogance, sanctimony, holier than though bullshit, he is the exact opposite of a servant leader, which is my preferred leadership style.
I believe the relevant term for this type of pontificating on the role of the military emanating from those who never served is chickenhawk...

• Haha
I do, we have record low unemployment. A portion of recruitment comes from kids looking to get out of their economic situation. Several of my friends joined for that reason. Now kids are making $17/hour at McDonalds. Not great, but much better than it was. So a portion of the military's base is gone. Not a huge portion, but enough.
This article says 77% of kids fail Marine Corps entrance requirements. Our problems with kids not getting degrees and/or in poor physical condition hurts as well.

I don’t understand why military experience matters here. We’re just talking about teens. Not military people. From what I’ve read they just aren’t into it. Don’t want to get hurt, go through physical shit,, and can get jobs elsewhere.

As for opining to areas where you lack experience or accusations of dunning-Kruger if we adhered to those standards the board would be tantamount to a series of poorly articulated Ted talks on topics of limited interest

Reactions: DANC and snarlcakes
I would be willing to bet there were instances of this happening before recently but that it was never made public. Now both sides are airing it to the public for political points.
Oh I have no doubt about that. I'll bet Obama, Bush, etc have some at the moment if they haven't destroyed them. What amazes me is that if I go to a library and even check out a book they keep track of that but apparently they have no idea where classified documents are.... like me going to the library and grabbing a book and walking out the door. I would guess that only applies to the lowly workers and not the big shots.

Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
Let’s just say I used to hold the military in high esteem because I believed they forged leadership skills better than any other organization.

If Aloha was truly a ship captain that entire premise is bunk.

Arrogance, sanctimony, holier than though bullshit, he is the exact opposite of a servant leader, which is my preferred leadership style.
You exemplify all those values of which you accuse Aloha. Gaslighting 101

Not when every single person who says Trump was worse guess out of their way to stress that they think Biden and Pence were also wrong.
Yeah all of you may think they did wrong but nobody is calling for them to be punished in any way.

You just made an argument for why Biden is better than Trump. That wasn’t my point. An 81 man who struggles with knowing where he is at shouldn’t be President of the United States.

Democrats should run someone else, but the objective isn’t to have a good President. The objective is for the asshole handlers to maintain control.
In your conspiracy filled mind, who exactly are these people you call the handlers?

That’s no
Oh I have no doubt about that. I'll bet Obama, Bush, etc have some at the moment if they haven't destroyed them. What amazes me is that if I go to a library and even check out a book they keep track of that but apparently they have no idea where classified documents are.... like me going to the library and grabbing a book and walking out the door. I would guess that only applies to the lowly workers and not the big shots.
That’s not true. Every classified document is numbered in a log and tracked from printing through destruction. Apparently, they are less thorough in Congress and the Executive branch. It must be fixed.

Reactions: UncleMark
Democrats should run someone else, but the objective isn’t to have a good President. The objective is for the asshole handlers to maintain control.

What is the difference between "handlers" and underlings and trusted policy advisors doing their jobs?

That’s no

That’s not true. Every classified document is numbered in a log and tracked from printing through destruction. Apparently, they are less thorough in Congress and the Executive branch. It must be fixed.
I can't believe Trump's supporters continue to act like the government did not keep track of the documents given to Trump, like Trump did not keep many of them illegally and like Trump did not lie when he falsely claimed he had already returned all the documents.

Trump supporters know nothing about the way government documents should be handled and, worse yet, they don't care.

What is the difference between "handlers" and underlings and trusted policy advisors doing their jobs?
We didn’t elect them. And given who we do know he picked I don’t trust that they’re worth a shit. The last there years evidences same

That’s no

That is what I was saying..... that they have different rules for people like you and Bing than they do for congress and other big shots.

If they are numbered and logged then why didn't they know that Pence and Biden had some? Some of Biden's were from his vice presidential years. If they number and log them then they need to be treated like a library book and have a return date.

I can't believe Trump's supporters continue to act like the government did not keep track of the documents given to Trump, like Trump did not keep many of them illegally and like Trump did not lie when he falsely claimed he had already returned all the documents.

Trump supporters know nothing about the way government documents should be handled and, worse yet, they don't care.
Who is saying that... sure not me. If they say they keep track of them then keep track of them and don't just go thru the motions. If I remember correctly some of Biden's were from his vice presidential years. Doesn't sound like they are keeping track of them to me or they would have known that he had them and requested that they be return long ago rather than having a bunch of lawyers tell them that they found some.

That is what I was saying..... that they have different rules for people like you and Bing than they do for congress and other big shots.

If they are numbered and logged then why didn't they know that Pence and Biden had some? Some of Biden's were from his vice presidential years. If they number and log them then they need to be treated like a library book and have a return date.
I don’t know why the Executive branch is so lax. It’s unsat.

It is likely easier to apply rules to people that can't fire you.

Sure, there should have been better controls and more deterrents and penalties for people mishandling classified documents.

But people aren't being hypocrites for putting trump's crimes on a whole different level

• Haha
It is likely easier to apply rules to people that can't fire you.

Sure, there should have been better controls and more deterrents and penalties for people mishandling classified documents.

But people aren't being hypocrites for putting trump's crimes on a whole different level
what about trumps “crimes”make them a “whole different level”.

And do you know what the word “crime” means or did you forget the word alleged in your post?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT