ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Dakich is BLASTING on His Radio Show

iubhounds

All-American
Feb 15, 2002
He is on a HOF rant today against IU Athletic Dept. Calling them out "I know you are listening right now ... " ... naming names and what they said in the past while he was at IU ... on and on and on.

Basically "where are all of those people that beat their chest and supported the Tom Crean hire ... where are they now?

He still says that CTC deserves to be the IU coach.

Reactions: echs86
I'm BLASTING yellow curry cabbage farts in my office today... About as interesting and important as Dakich's show.

My better half rocked some crazy thai/rice/cabbage/shrimp/curry soup last night. Damn, it was good.

I'm not a fan of Dakich ... just relay info .... relax, pull your panties out of the crack of your ass.

Dakich a celebrity. To be successful in what he does, he has to keep the spotlight on himself. Keep that in mind. He doesn't care what you think of him, as long as you are listening.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
He is on a HOF rant today against IU Athletic Dept. Calling them out "I know you are listening right now ... " ... naming names and what they said in the past while he was at IU ... on and on and on.

Basically "where are all of those people that beat their chest and supported the Tom Crean hire ... where are they now?

I honestly do not know how you can listen to him.

Reactions: IU40IU

If true then he can go f$%% himself. Ive never been against Dan like some iu fans. Reason being is I always thought his crazy views on crean and Indiana were just to goat people for entertainment/can't say too much bad about iu and cream due to contractual reasons.(espn/big ten etc) But youre making it sound like he's being serious on his own show. Recently hes been sticking his tongue out too far...His non stop antics about being proud his boys a walk on for mich is growing old as well. Quit embarrassing yourself dude

Dakich is good at his job...which is to drive listeners to his show. He cares much more about marketing his show than what happens at IU. That's just the reality. I don't know Dan but most people speak highly of him. I don't blame him for looking out for his best interests, but you have to understand what his motives are for context on what he says.

If true then he can go f$%% himself. Ive never been against Dan like some iu fans. Reason being is I always thought his crazy views on crean and Indiana were just to goat people for entertainment/can't say too much bad about iu and cream due to contractual reasons.(espn/big ten etc) But youre making it sound like he's being serious on his own show. Recently hes been sticking his tongue out too far...His non stop antics about being proud his boys a walk on for mich is growing old as well. Quit embarrassing yourself dude

I've turned him off after his long IU rant. But someone did question his opinions as only trying to raise listenership ... of course he totally disagreed with that. Ended today by reaming and calling out Quinn Buckner.

DD is like the Howard Stern of Sports Radio. He'll say stuff for the sole purpose of being provocative. Stirring the pot is how you get ratings. Being boring and non controversial is how your radio career ends. Dan is doing nothing more than being a smart business person and sports entertainer.

Whether he personally believes in what he is saying, is beside the point.

He made some pretty good points and whiffed on a few as well.

I was somewhat surprised of all the names he was naming and what they had said behind the scenes. I thought it was classic when the told the IU Athletic Dept "I know you are listening ... "

I was somewhat surprised of all the names he was naming and what they had said behind the scenes. I thought it was classic when the told the IU Athletic Dept "I know you are listening ... "

"I know you are listening" is one of his self congratulatory ego comments. Said it several times about different groups over the years.

Reactions: iubhounds
Dakich a celebrity. To be successful in what he does, he has to keep the spotlight on himself. Keep that in mind. He doesn't care what you think of him, as long as you are listening.

DD has sure changed his tune re: Crean since the hiring.

Bob Dole had a way of dealing with political issues that would allow him to appear to take both sides . . . he'd say he was against a bill that clearly was going to pass, and when someone complained about it he could say he voted against it, and when someone liked the bill he would say how "we" (as in the Senate he was a member of) passed it.

Maybe Dakich is just in favor of all coaches . . . part of the "union" ethos among that priesthood, ya know? And when IU does hire a replacement that has some measure of success, Dakich will praise that guy for what a quality job he's done following a class act, great coach like Crean . . .

. . . how could it hurt a media person like Dakich to curry favor with his most likely and best sources?

I've never listened to his radio show. But in TV, his analysis seems to be this in regards to IU:

Statement A is controversial to IU fans. should I say it on air?

a) Do I believe it? If yes, then say it.
b) Do I believe? if no, then say it.

Bob Dole had a way of dealing with political issues that would allow him to appear to take both sides . . . he'd say he was against a bill that clearly was going to pass, and when someone complained about it he could say he voted against it, and when someone liked the bill he would say how "we" (as in the Senate he was a member of) passed it.

Maybe Dakich is just in favor of all coaches . . . part of the "union" ethos among that priesthood, ya know? And when IU does hire a replacement that has some measure of success, Dakich will praise that guy for what a quality job he's done following a class act, great coach like Crean . . .

. . . how could it hurt a media person like Dakich to curry favor with his most likely and best sources?

DD said some pretty nasty things about Kevin Wilson and then said he got screwed when he was fired.

Wayne Radford? Does he work in the A.D.?

Who knew?

No Radford doen't work in the AD dept. Dakich was covering a lot of ex IU players, AD's ... no one was safe today. Still claimed that he did not know anything going on when he took the job on Sampson's staff "to walk around with a cup of coffee".

Dakich quoted a bunch of you on his show. If we are all so dumb, why does he read our posts?

If you guys hate him so much why start so many threads ad nauseum?

I certainly have disagreements with things he says, but if you only listen to people that you agree with then that's boring as hell

And what's his beef with Buckner or Gonso?

The were both in a large group of names he was calling out, that backed the Tom Crean hire but are nowhere to be found today to support him. Gonso knew nothing about basketball yet was leading the hiring interviews after he finished his interim spot. Buckner's rant was so long I couldn't remember everything or enough to tell you.

I can tell you I'd never heard that little story about Urban Meyer. Doesn't really matter I suppose. Even if IU had hired Meyer back in '02 instead of Dinardo, he likely wouldn't have stayed more than a few seasons anyways. One of the college football big boys would've come knocking eventually. I don't know if IU football could keep a premier football coach for a long time.

I can tell you I'd never heard that little story about Urban Meyer. Doesn't really matter I suppose. Even if IU had hired Meyer back in '02 instead of Dinardo, he likely wouldn't have stayed more than a few seasons anyways. One of the college football big boys would've come knocking eventually. I don't know if IU football could keep a premier football coach for a long time.

I agree with what you say about IU football. Meyer would have been gone the first time a bigger program approached him.

I'm BLASTING yellow curry cabbage farts in my office today... About as interesting and important as Dakich's show.

My better half rocked some crazy thai/rice/cabbage/shrimp/curry soup last night. Damn, it was good.
I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner but does your post include "too much information?"

just wondering . . .

So, is DD's point that people supported hiring Crean 9 years ago, but now aren't supporting him? And that's a bad thing?

I've hired many people in my career. And ended up having to fire some of the people I hired. And that sucks. Which is worse, supporting someone you know isn't up to the task simply because you hired him? Or firing someone and risk having people point their finger at you for your initial support?

To me, the former is infinitely worse.

Dan Dakich should teach a Masterclass at IU on trolling. He is a Mozart of the troll. He starts conducting and gets the people to dancing.

DD is like the Howard Stern of Sports Radio. He'll say stuff for the sole purpose of being provocative. Stirring the pot is how you get ratings. Being boring and non controversial is how your radio career ends. Dan is doing nothing more than being a smart business person and sports entertainer.

Whether he personally believes in what he is saying, is beside the point.
So, kind of like alternative news. Not the truth but creates a stir and a blur to what is real?

The were both in a large group of names he was calling out, that backed the Tom Crean hire but are nowhere to be found today to support him. Gonso knew nothing about basketball yet was leading the hiring interviews after he finished his interim spot. Buckner's rant was so long I couldn't remember everything or enough to tell you.
Dakich remains bitter that he wasn't retained as coach, so his comments need to be taken with a shaker full of salt. Crean hasn't performed to an acceptable level despite a number of years on the job. It's time to move on.

DD said some pretty nasty things about Kevin Wilson and then said he got screwed when he was fired.
Dialing for listeners. Dakich is the classic hypocrite, called
Wilson names for years then when hired by his good
buddy Urban at Ohio State he is silent as the vestal
virgin.

Reactions: 10yrProject
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT