ADVERTISEMENT

The most important thing a college football team has to be is

Crusty The Baker

Redshirt
Nov 7, 2021
entertaining.

I watch football to be entertained. If the team is hapless and can't score, or busts a coverage on play #1, that is boring, which is basically death in this entertainment business. The feeling I have with IU football right now is exactly what I felt during the Archie Miller years in basketball: total apathy, which is great because I'm free to live life and whatnot. Tom Allen is better than Archie, though, in that we had a few entertaining years in football, where Archie was obviously a trainwreck from the opening tip.

The ARE/Levron Williams years were fun. We just needed a little bit of defense.
The Kellen Lewis years were fun. We just needed a little bit of defense.
The Ben Chappell years were fun. We just needed a little bit of defense.
The Sudfeld/Xander/Tevin/other RBs years were fun. We just needed a little bit of defense.
The Ramsey/Penix years were really fun because we could move the ball AND had defense.

Watching IU football right now is no fun. This will the the third season in a row where it's Not Even A Little Bit Fun. No one on the IU football team looks like they're having fun, either.

See you all around.

entertaining.

I watch football to be entertained. If the team is hapless and can't score, or busts a coverage on play #1, that is boring, which is basically death in this entertainment business. The feeling I have with IU football right now is exactly what I felt during the Archie Miller years in basketball: total apathy, which is great because I'm free to live life and whatnot. Tom Allen is better than Archie, though, in that we had a few entertaining years in football, where Archie was obviously a trainwreck from the opening tip.

The Sudfeld/Xander/Tevin/other RBs years were fun. We just needed a little bit of defense.
The Ramsey/Penix years were really fun because we could move the ball AND had defense.

Watching IU football right now is no fun. This will the the third season in a row where it's Not Even A Little Bit Fun. No one on the IU football team looks like they're having fun, either.

See you all around.
Watch Georgia at Auburn.

Then watch Notre Dame at Duke this evening.

Duke can do it. Why can’t IU?

entertaining.

See you all around.
You had fun watching us consistently lose? To each his own. I liked watching individual players, but I wasn’t so entertained that it made up for losing.

Reactions: vesuvius13
These last 3 teams have been the least entertaining teams in a long, long time. The kids have tuned out CTA. The few football fans we have, can’t take it. You can only yell, jump around and make a fool of yourself for so long without results. I mentioned in another thread it was only 2 short years ago the place was packed for Idaho home opener. Unfortunately, It will be a long before the place is packed again.

May not have been a lot of great teams, but I do Remember when IU coaches could actually draw up ways to get playmakers like Duane Gunn, Ernie Jones, AT, Vaughn, Thomas Lewis, ARE, Levron, Tevin, Latimer, Whop et al the ball in space. This CTA/Bell O would have these guys running between the tackles.

These last 3 teams have been the least entertaining teams in a long, long time. The kids have tuned out CTA. The few football fans we have, can’t take it. You can only yell, jump around and make a fool of yourself for so long without results. I mentioned in another thread it was only 2 short years ago the place was packed for Idaho home opener. Unfortunately, It will be a long before the place is packed again.

May not have been a lot of great teams, but I do Remember when IU coaches could actually draw up ways to get playmakers like Duane Gunn, Ernie Jones, AT, Vaughn, Thomas Lewis, ARE, Levron, Tevin, Latimer, Whop et al the ball in space. This CTA/Bell O would have these guys running between the tackles.
It’s hard to know how much Bell and the rest of the offensive coaching staff are the problem when Tom Allen is the head coach. How much of a micromanager is TA? Bell was a puzzling hire for sure. It’s hard to wonder if Walt Bell and Maryland scoring 36 points against Tom Allen’s defense in 2016 is the main reason TA hired him. There are no other results on his resume that stand out in a good way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT