ADVERTISEMENT

Damezi Anderson entered Transfer Portal

Best wishes going out to Damezi. He certainly seems like a young man of high character. I'm happy he chose IU and I hope his next stop works out great for him and his new coach/team/school.

Wish him luck. We really hoped he would work out for IU. Liked him from the beginning. Don’t know why it had to come to this conclusion. Will follow your path Damezi!

Reactions: Sassy61
FYI, posted this below on GBI as Geez got sucked into troll session with TD2. That dude is a real pc of work.

I've been patient with CAM but next year is the deal. No player on the roster will have spent one day practicing under CTC. Roster has talent, so bottom tier B1G and NIT not acceptable next season, assuming we have school and a season. But assuming we do, the shelf life of the CTC excuses has now expired.

As for Damezi, good kid, great teammate. Never got into any trouble. But couldn't hit a shot outside of practice and has trouble guarding a chair. Still has 2 yrs left, why waste it on the practice squad and watching from the bench? With the grad Tx rule and the portal, this is the new norm in NCAA ball. He didn't get Creaned, hell CAM might not even fill the scholly for next year. He was given chances. But he gets beat on defense off the ball, doesn't rotate quickly, came to the school as a 'shooter' but leaves IU as a career 23% shooter from 3pt and 30% overall. So much for being a shooter. Kid needs a fresh start, likely at a competition level a notch below B1G. Stats don't lie. Good luck to the kid.

Last edited:
I've been patient with CAM but next year is the deal. No player on the roster will have spent one day practicing under CTC. Roster has talent, so bottom tier B1G and NIT not acceptable next season, assuming we have school and a season. But assuming we do, the shelf life of the CTC excuses has now expired.

Totally agree, that is also my position. Real measurable win-loss progress needs to be seen. It is all well and good for IU to show progress in stats and KenPom but it is TIME TO WIN.

Reactions: BigMobe
FYI, posted this below on GBI as Geez got sucked into troll session with TW2. That dude is a real pc of work.

As for Damezi, good kid, great teammate. Never got into any trouble. But couldn't hit a shot outside of practice and has trouble guarding a chair. Still has 2 yrs left, why waste it on the practice squad and watching from the bench? With the grad Tx rule and the portal, this is the new norm in NCAA ball. He didn't get Creaned, hell CAM might not even fill the scholly for next year. He was given chances. But he gets beat on defense off the ball, doesn't rotate quickly, came to the school as a 'shooter' but leaves IU as a career 23% shooter from 3pt and 30% overall. So much for being a shooter. Kid needs a fresh start, likely at a competition level a notch below B1G. Stats don't lie. Good luck to the kid.
Very well said. I could see Damezi having success with a MAC team such as Ball State. I remember after he committed to IU, he mentioned playing close to home (South Bend) was important to him, so I could see Ball State or Western Michigan being options for him.

They use to say ‘Archie has a plan’ too...w just a blind faith...but not hearing that much anymore either.
You have to love the generic blind faith statements. They never seem to match up with the facts.

Dude, kids are more likely to transfer now with this portal. Kid wanted to play more and it wasn’t gonna happen at IU. Most college programs have a lot of transfers happening
I don’t disagree. Just pointing out the double standard.

1 per year is well below the NCAA average. Way way below that of your hero, Crean. Why do you always have a negative take - every post?
My hero? I was Crean’s biggest critic while everyone else here was praising him like they’re now praising Archie.

I just follow the facts - positive and negative. I look forward to the day we have positives surrounding IU basketball again.

Here's some numbers I found for the last two years..

Number of teams that didn’t have any player transfer: 58 in 2019, 59 in 2018.

Number of teams with one: 93, 94.

Number of teams with two: 90, 78.

Number of teams with three: 58, 55.

Number of teams with four: 29, 43.

Number of teams with five: 23, 22.

There are 351 teams that play college basketball. 17% of college basketball a season didn't have a transfer. Three in 2 years, wouldn't be so bad, I would say.
I was simply pointing out the double standard between Archie and Crean.

My hero? I was Crean’s biggest critic while everyone else here was praising him like they’re now praising Archie.

I just follow the facts - positive and negative. I look forward to the day we have positives surrounding IU basketball again.

and you still don’t know the definition of the word “everyone”

Are you by any chance orange in color?

I wish him the very best of luck.

One reason I’ve seen given time and time again for why Archie is better than Crean is that Archie doesn’t have the turnover of players who don’t contribute. Damezi is now the 3rd transfer in 3 years. It’s looking a bit like Groundhog Day. We might want to do away with that myth.

There is a difference between players leaving because they are seeking other opportunities (when you have scholarships available) and forcing guys out the door because you have 14 scholarship players but only 13 scholarships to give.

No double standard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brockway
I was simply pointing out the double standard between Archie and Crean.

There is no double standard.

Crean was over recruiting and had to have transfers to get under the limit. Archie hasn't been over the limit and all the transfers that have left have left the team under the 13 scholarship limit.

There is a huge difference there.

I would say we are building that. We were in the tourney this year had we had it. Next year we should be even better and a higher seed. The program is Moving in right direction, just slower then most want

Reactions: JIMSHAM

I believe the whole board knows that you are anti-Archie, to the point where you cannot repair your image/perception on this board. Every thread, every thread, you hijack and turn it into a negative Archie/IU spin. When Archie has this program where I believe he will, please don't try to return to the IU family. You have dug your grave, lie in it.

Are you ever going to comment on your "Lander take"? That was one of the most hilarious misses and silliest reaction on your part (trying to pull your post, when several people had already quoted it) that I have seen on this board.

I believe the whole board knows that you are anti-Archie, to the point where you cannot repair your image/perception on this board. Every thread, every thread, you hijack and turn it into a negative Archie/IU spin. When Archie has this program where I believe he will, please don't try to return to the IU family. You have dug your grave, lie in it.

Are you ever going to comment on your "Lander take"? That was one of the most hilarious misses and silliest reaction on your part (trying to pull your post, when several people had already quoted it) that I have seen on this board.
I genuinely hope I have to admit I’m wrong. But I won’t have to.

I would say we are building that. We were in the tourney this year had we had it. Next year we should be even better and a higher seed. The program is Moving in right direction, just slower then most want
I love the “moving in the right direction” argument. Just because he started so bad doesn’t make 11th place a success. It’s just such a ridiculous theory.

Reactions: cryano
Three years, two classes. How did you get so confused? This is basic.
If you're going to count a recruit from Crean's last set of recruits against Miller then you have to count that incoming class, too. Moore was that recruit so if you want to count him then it's 3 in 3 classes. If you want to count only Miller recruits then it's Forrester and now Anderson so 2 in 2 classes. Either way, it's 1/class and not 1.5.

Once again you show you're terrible at math and/or simply dishonest in your arguments.

I love the “moving in the right direction” argument. Just because he started so bad doesn’t make 11th place a success. It’s just such a ridiculous theory.

Eh, seems like making the unplayed tourney was a good first step. Took him a few years to get going at Dayton too. But you knew that and just like to cry. Let it flow.

I genuinely hope I have to admit I’m wrong. But I won’t

You often give yourself opportunities to admit you’re wrong.

What causes that this next year? Top 4 in conference? Reg season title? Sweet 16? Elite 8? National Title?

And since you’re wrong way more than your not...please say it like this...”I know for a fact we won’t make the Final Four, and when we don’t, it’s further proof that Archie isn’t the guy.”

We were 11th in B10 standings...we were just 1 more round for Purdue to win a game and us to lose to knock us out...not to mention any other conference upsets.

11th in B10 cant be considered a lock under any terms.

11th in the B10!!!!

If you're going to count a recruit from Crean's last set of recruits against Miller then you have to count that incoming class, too. Moore was that recruit so if you want to count him then it's 3 in 3 classes. If you want to count only Miller recruits then it's Forrester and now Anderson so 2 in 2 classes. Either way, it's 1/class and not 1.5.

Once again you show you're terrible at math and/or simply dishonest in your arguments.
Thanks for correcting him. It is hard to argue with someone who assumes a conclusion than adjusts the data to "verify" it.

We were 11th in B10 standings...we were just 1 more round for Purdue to win a game and us to lose to knock us out...not to mention any other conference upsets.

11th in the B10!!!!
Agree 11th sucks but we were in the tournament per all of the supposed experts I saw. Those people are rarely wrong because this is not rocket science. I think it is safe to say we were a lock for the 20 tournament. Whether we deserved it or not is certainly open for dispute.

11th in the B10!!!!

Interesting, you SPECULATE like it was a fact that PU winning one more game and IU losing takes us out of the tourney but FAIL to acknowledge that 89 out of 90 bracketologists had us IN the tourney and every one that I checked, we were not in the "last four in" category. IMO, that means it would have taken some upsets to put us in the last four in and it would have taken several to knock us out.

Your anti Archie bias is showing.

You often give yourself opportunities to admit you’re wrong.

What causes that this next year? Top 4 in conference? Reg season title? Sweet 16? Elite 8? National Title?

And since you’re wrong way more than your not...please say it like this...”I know for a fact we won’t make the Final Four, and when we don’t, it’s further proof that Archie isn’t the guy.”
I would expect at a bare minimum he would do better than Crean did. So further than the Sweet 16. If Crean can start with Kyle Tabor and get there year 4 surely Archie can.

Eh, seems like making the unplayed tourney was a good first step. Took him a few years to get going at Dayton too. But you knew that and just like to cry. Let it flow.
Making the tournament in year 3 is never an accomplishment.

Those classes haven’t graduated yet. There will likely be more.

Are you really upset that Moore, Forrester and Anderson have transferred? Transferring players has been a net positive for IU. Forrester left and Brunk arrived. That's a huge upgrade.

You could learn a little something about transfers in college basketball if you read this: https://athleticdirectoru.com/articles/investigating-college-basketballs-transfer-movement/
Not what I’m saying.

The argument for Archie being a better recruiter than Crean was that he won’t waste scholarships on players who will transfer. People blamed Crean’s lack of success on that. It’s a double standard figment of bias fans’ imaginations.

Not what I’m saying.

The argument for Archie being a better recruiter than Crean was that he won’t waste scholarships on players who will transfer. People blamed Crean’s lack of success on that. It’s a double standard figment of bias fans’ imaginations.

You are SO FOS. Show me one person who blamed Crean's lack of success on wasted scholarships and players transferring.

Do you just sit up at night thinking bizarre shit up?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT