ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Tracker

Reactions: abraxis and ulrey
I would be interested in what the players say to each other. Some of these guys know each other from high school or traveling all star type teams. I wonder what they say about our coaching staff.

Reactions: Lucy01 and dr.jb
Morons everywhere IU players that enter the portal will be good future portal targets. Leaving and getting a season or two of good coaching elsewhere will help their development.

Let them go and get coached up and then buy them back with NIL.
Common Sense Monkey GIF by Travis

Leary expects MM, MR, Gunn, Banks and Sparks to hit the portal. Possible MR and MR stay depending on money offered. So, 3 grad or go pro, 5 to the portal. Woody might need 8 or 9 portal dudes, and he’ll get them, but can he mold them into a top 3 B10, sweet 16 team in 2025?

• Haha
Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Leary expects MM, MR, Gunn, Banks and Sparks to hit the portal. Possible MR and MR stay depending on money offered. So, 3 grad or go pro, 5 to the portal. Woody might need 8 or 9 portal dudes, and he’ll get them, but can he mold them into a top 3 B10, sweet 16 team in 2025?
All he needs is to get them into the ncaa play in in Dayton and he eill be extended his final two seasons after next. That would be gold for this administration smh.

If MR and MM go in, which is far from certain, IU will look even more risky to portal recruits. It’s a nasty cycle.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Zero chance of that..
If he does even really well in the portal..
Indiana will at best be a bubble team next yr.
No tournament next yr..Woodson is getting fired..Not Buckner..Not Cindy Simon can save him..
So next year is most likely a wasted yr..

Zero chance of that..
If he does even really well in the portal..
Indiana will at best be a bubble team next yr.
No tournament next yr..Woodson is getting fired..Not Buckner..Not Cindy Simon can save him..
So next year is most likely a wasted yr..
Top portal kids will be looking at all these competitive tournament teams. And then there is poorly ranked IU missing half its roster. Will be hard to win these recruiting battles.

Top portal kids will be looking at all these competitive tournament teams. And then there is poorly ranked IU missing half its roster. Will be hard to win these recruiting battles.
Since it’s legal to tell the players what they would make, I hope figures start being made public.

What are we offering players? We have a ton of money to give out. Money will outweigh tournament success for many.

Will be interesting how we mess this up next year. This year IU had more “stars” per rivals than any other B1G team. Our underachieving will never hit rock bottom. I think I read somewhere, we will break out the jackhammer baby!!!

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Honestly, what's the point in following this if Woodson is back?
That’s exactly my sentiments. Last year we essentially had a NPOY in Trayce, a 1st round NBA guard in Hood-Schifino, surrounded with a 45% 3pt shooter in Kopp along with Race and Galloway. That got us run out of the gym in the 2nd round of the tournament. There’s very very little chance Woody can recreate a roster that good in the portal.

Last edited:
Since it’s legal to tell the players what they would make, I hope figures start being made public.

What are we offering players? We have a ton of money to give out. Money will outweigh tournament success for many.

Will be interesting how we mess this up next year. This year IU had more “stars” per rivals than any other B1G team. Our underachieving will never hit rock bottom. I think I read somewhere, we will break out the jackhammer baby!!!
Yep. I’d guess we pay MM and MR whatever it takes to stay. As you said our primary attraction is $ since we are not close to being a top team, which means we get players more interested in $, which isn’t great.

We’ll see. It could magically come together but that appears to be a long shot.

Why do we care what he expects? He clearly doesn’t have a relationship with the program. He’s guessing just like everyone else

Nick Saban is underselling his complaints… Basketball is worse off than football.

I stopped listening to Leary immediately after he said MM was the best shooter to come to IU since Jay Edwards. He’s full of crap.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu

I would take it one step farther. During starting lineups, instead of announcing their height and hometown, simply say “Starting at forward, #32, making $1.25 million in NIL, Joe Blow”

MM and MR only come back if money is the sole reason. Many other schools they can go to that will be in the NCAA year in and year out. They may not get as much money but that may not matter to them. Can he mold them into a sweet sixeteen team? Not a chance he could not even do it with TJD.

Reactions: Jssanto
Sparks isn't hitting the portal, that's how we got him. You can only transfer once and not sit out a year. If he transfers again he has to sit for a year, am I crazy on that?

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Sparks isn't hitting the portal, that's how we got him. You can only transfer once and not sit out a year. If he transfers again he has to sit for a year, am I crazy on that?
Who knows? I thought that too, but that one-time rule seems awfully restrictive. Players should be able transfer every year if they want. Hell, let’s let them transfer between games. It’s a total train wreck now. Might as well make it fun.

• Haha
Reactions: CriticArisen
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT