ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich

Student Bill of Rights. Crean's legacy to IU for roster mismanagement. Harder to send guys packing as a result.
SBOR has nothing to do with it. It doesn't guarantee a roster spot to anyone. They can do to any player what they did to Gelon.

Crean's legacy is the APR problem we have.

SBOR has nothing to do with it. It doesn't guarantee a roster spot to anyone. They can do to any player what they did to Gelon.

Crean's legacy is the APR problem we have.
It doesn't guarantee a roster spot - but it DOES guarantee a SCHOLARSHIP. Kicking a guy off does no good if the scholarship counts against you.

Reactions: hgdownunder
There's something different with the performance of this team. I've seen woefully untalented Purdue team's with poor records but they were fighting, they just sucked. Somehow that makes it easier to watch than what you are seeing with IU now. They are playing basketball like my 11 year old son cleans his room.

It doesn't guarantee a roster spot - but it DOES guarantee a SCHOLARSHIP. Kicking a guy off does no good if the scholarship counts against you.
Those players won't stay I they are told that they have no roster spot. You think Smith will stay at IU only to be a student and not transfer to where he can play.

There's something different with the performance of this team. I've seen woefully untalented Purdue team's with poor records but they were fighting, they just sucked. Somehow that makes it easier to watch than what you are seeing with IU now. They are playing basketball like my 11 year old son cleans his room.

ya, i remember the "Hard Fightin" Boilers from 13-14 who lost 14 of their last 16.

IU will fire coaches until we get it right; PU will just occasionally wait 5 years for painter to get a tourney win. IU is in the pits but i'd still wager we win three games in a tourney before PU. our last five coaches have all done that at least once...your guy?

Reactions: mike41703
ya, i remember the "Hard Fightin" Boilers from 13-14 who lost 14 of their last 16.

IU will fire coaches until we get it right; PU will just occasionally wait 5 years for painter to get a tourney win. IU is in the pits but i'd still wager we win three games in a tourney before PU. our last five coaches have all done that at least once...your guy?[/QUOTE

I'm sure Archie will do just fine then.

This is a good observation and analogy.

The only salt I put on this is that IU has no shooters which causes some of the other problems and minimized RL. Other than that...I concur.

IU will fire coaches until we get it right; PU will just occasionally wait 5 years for painter to get a tourney win. IU is in the pits but i'd still wager we win three games in a tourney before PU. our last five coaches have all done that at least once...your guy?
Yep, you cling to that notion that IU was and will be elite because of the high personal standards and demands that IU fans have while Purdue fans accept mediocrity. One of these days you might realize that how good or bad the basketball team of the school you root for has nothing to do with how you perceive your personal standards are in life.

You have to make the Big Dance to win some games. Our guy does that. Some prognosticators had iu finishing higher than Purdue. Nobody had Purdue 3rd. If Miller were 3rd I’d at least man up and say he’s done a good job. Star wise Iu’s roster probably ranks higher. I don’t know what happened to your team. I think the talent is there but the chemistry may not be. Going into the season you had supposedly 2 of the top players in the BIG. Cant fire Miller after year 2. Maybe some roster adjustments will improve the team. I sure would have never believed this years team would be worse than last years. Do you think this team plays hard? All I know is they will give Purdue hell on Tuesday. And we are hoping for different outcomes.
Miller will probably get it turned around.

Play hard like your life depended on it or sit rule should be in effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4IUSox2
This is a good observation and analogy.

The only salt I put on this is that IU has no shooters which causes some of the other problems and minimized RL. Other than that...I concur.

Some thought I was trolling, just a basketball fan. And frankly, I'm nicer about it than 90% of the posters here. Something isn't right and it's more than talent. There's something larger in the background wrong. New kids, new team next year, maybe it will right itself.

As for the game Tuesday, nobody, even on the Purdue boards, thinks this will be an easy W. Anyone who does hasn't paid any attention to IU/Purdue basketball for the last 50 years. Purdue is vulnerable, as we have shown at Penn State etc to teams that get hot shooting. We are still a very young team with 1 sophomore and 3 freshman (including redshirts) contributing big minutes. I think they play Tuesday's game 10 times, Purdue wins 8 of them. Question is which one of those 10 games will show up Tuesday.

You have to make the Big Dance to win some games. Our guy does that. Some prognosticators had iu finishing higher than Purdue. Nobody had Purdue 3rd. If Miller were 3rd I’d at least man up and say he’s done a good job. Star wise Iu’s roster probably ranks higher. I don’t know what happened to your team. I think the talent is there but the chemistry may not be. Going into the season you had supposedly 2 of the top players in the BIG. Cant fire Miller after year 2. Maybe some roster adjustments will improve the team. I sure would have never believed this years team would be worse than last years. Do you think this team plays hard? All I know is they will give Purdue hell on Tuesday. And we are hoping for different outcomes.
Miller will probably get it turned around.
No they won’t you guys will win easily.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Some thought I was trolling, just a basketball fan. And frankly, I'm nicer about it than 90% of the posters here. Something isn't right and it's more than talent. There's something larger in the background wrong. New kids, new team next year, maybe it will right itself.

As for the game Tuesday, nobody, even on the Purdue boards, thinks this will be an easy W. Anyone who does hasn't paid any attention to IU/Purdue basketball for the last 50 years. Purdue is vulnerable, as we have shown at Penn State etc to teams that get hot shooting. We are still a very young team with 1 sophomore and 3 freshman (including redshirts) contributing big minutes. I think they play Tuesday's game 10 times, Purdue wins 8 of them. Question is which one of those 10 games will show up Tuesday.
Purdue wins easily unless the shoot like 20% from 3. IU is awful. Archie won’t shake up the lineup nothing will change.

Your track record here is just fine, not a troll. Purdue is the better team right now by a wide margin and should win. They are physical, aggressive and have shooters. I won't predict an outcome but anything is possible.

I was told (but haven't been able to confirm this elsewhere) something happened in practice, right after Christmas during the break. Something between 2 players and Archie supposedly took one side - which pissed the opposite view players off. Makes sense because this team hasn't been the same since Phin's concussion.

That could certainly explain a lot. Archie had this team playing tough and playing together...and it fell apart seamingly overnight. There was a sudden change in the team’s demeanor. Seems like they all have an “I don’t GAFF” look on their face.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT