ADVERTISEMENT

Grace Berger Tweet

To be fair, what Dan said is historically accurate. These last few years have actually been an aberration and if last night is any indication, there may be a reversion to the mean.
No, last night was the aberration, IU women will get Iowa in AH later in the season. Moren is too good of a coach to keep IU out of the B10 conversation, but this is probably Iowa and Clark’s year to win it all.

Reactions: Vern Pain
IUWBB is pretty good and the college game is growing. IU is averaging 9K per home game, 6th in the nation. I think some, hopefully most of the gains are permanent, which is great.

Dakich is a total embarrassment to IU. Total loser and his career keeps going down.

No, last night was the aberration, IU women will get Iowa in AH later in the season. Moren is too good of a coach to keep IU out of the B10 conversation, but this is probably Iowa and Clark’s year to win it all.
Yep, and the crowds will remain historically large for IUWBB.

I would tend to agree with you if not for the game against Stanford earlier this year. There are storm clouds forming on the horizon and I think Moren is going to have to step it up on all fronts to keep the program from falling off a cliff over the next couple of years.

Reactions: smitty3725
I would tend to agree with you if not for the game against Stanford earlier this year. There are storm clouds forming on the horizon and I think Moren is going to have to step it up on all fronts to keep the program from falling off a cliff over the next couple of years.
Any team can have an early-season blowout loss.

Iowa was not really beatable last night. Did you see the shots Clark was hitting? She'd just step back out of a double team, distance didn't matter.

Any team can have an early-season blowout loss.

Iowa was not really beatable last night. Did you see the shots Clark was hitting? She'd just step back out of a double team, distance didn't matter.
Clark hitting step back threes was not why IU lost last night. You watched the game but didn’t really understand what you saw.

I will not make any excuses for the women's team and Moren did not make any. We got our butts kicked by a team playing great and is a top 5 ball club for now. Indiana is still a top 25 team but have some flaws when they play top teams on the road. Gee that sounds familiar for the majority of division 1 men's and women's basketball.

We have had solid teams since Tyra Buss and Amanda Cahill came on board. Moren inherited those two and this is her 10th season. Attendance on a consistent basis has gotten a lot better since the NIT championship year and don't see it drop anytime soon. The Hoosiers are still solid, but Grace was the ultimate glue last year. Moren is still getting her message across and developing this year.

To be fair, what Dan said is historically accurate. These last few years have actually been an aberration and if last night is any indication, there may be a reversion to the mean.
Correct, and I assume that is what Dakich meant. But instead it appears he is against women's basketball, and I don't think that is the case.
Still, he had better apologize for his mistake.

• Haha
Reactions: Ty Webb iu
IUWBB is pretty good and the college game is growing. IU is averaging 9K per home game, 6th in the nation. I think some, hopefully most of the gains are permanent, which is great.

Dakich is a total embarrassment to IU. Total loser and his career keeps going down.
It’s growing because of Clark?

I think it's growing for a few reasons:

1) They are playing pretty well and winning games.

2) Women's basketball in general is getting better and more popular. It used to be Tennessee, UConn, and everyone else. Now there's a lot more parity.

3) It's affordable. Until recently it was free. It was a good way to take the kids to a game in Assembly Hall, get to see the history and the banners and everything, even if you didn't have a lot of money for stuff like that. Parking was free too. Now they charge for both, I hope they don't get too greedy and kill the golden goose.

2) Women's basketball in general is getting better and more popular. It used to be Tennessee, UConn, and everyone else. Now there's a lot more parity.

3) It's affordable. Until recently it was free. It was a good way to take the kids to a game in Assembly Hall, get to see the history and the banners and everything, even if you didn't have a lot of money for stuff like that. Parking was free too. Now they charge for both, I hope they don't get too greedy and kill the golden goose.
Last year at the Iowa game we had three early teens girls that were fangirls of the team. They were going through all of Parrish Instagram stuff and discussing her nonstop. At a football game this year at halftime Mackenzie and a few others were surrounded by high school girls and Mackenzie was great asking questions, encouraging them and taking pictures with them. IU is selling a ton of stuff for the women's team from the NIL store. It has been moving in that direction since the Buss and Cahill teams. Prior to them being popular it was the cheapest and best way to introduce them to Hoosier fandom.

Free? Maybe last century

It’s growing because of Clark?
Women's bball overall? Yes, it's growing because of Clarke, and I'm sure it's also a factor for the IU women's program, which is also growing because we have a good coach and team and they are winning. I think as long as Moren is fielding good teams and winning, it will continue to grow and be well-supported. She seems to be continuing to add talent, but it's also going to be hard to overcome the losses of Berger and Holmes, who have been the faces of these teams. But, I think she had a solid recruiting class and if she continues to do so and win, I think people will continue to show up. They are a fun team to watch.

Last edited:
Door Dash hasn't fired him to the best of my knowledge.
X Factor Laughing GIF by X Factor Global

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT