ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich

Right now he's killing Archie. Not saying it directly, but pointing out how clueless IU has played for the last month and how badly they are using/not using their most talented player.

Deep. That is why I turned the sound off.

No shooters. That creates the rest of the issues.

Minnesota doesn’t have shooters 28% from 3 idiot!
Uh. You responded to your own thread, but you did it very well.

We are weak both at shooting and at the inside positions. We have no one after Morgan and Davis. Refs are letting them play rough and Murphy started laughing at us with 12 minutes to go in first half.

Edit: Changed Crawford to Murphy (wrong Jordan).

Last edited:
Uh. You responded to your own thread, but you did it very well.

We are weak both at shooting and at the inside positions. We have no one after Morgan and Davis. Refs are letting them play rough and Crawford started laughing at us with 12 minutes to go in first half.
We are weak because we run no offense you dimwit

Reactions: cryano
That's because we don't play hard and the players don't like eachother or the coach. The result is a bunch of losses from a team that plays like they'd rather be somewhere else. This team's quit on Archie.
I'm afraid you're more right than wrong.

Calling out IU's bad offense

I have never understood why Romeo just stands around...if he moved (and we set picks) a third as much as Alford or Cheaney or Guyton (who played with the ball in his hands a ton as well)...he'd average in the early-to-mid 20's...going off for 30 time and time again.

He just stands there.

I have never understood why Romeo just stands around...if he moved (and we set picks) a third as much as Alford or Cheaney or Guyton (who played with the ball in his hands a ton as well)...he'd average in the early-to-mid 20's...going off for 30 time and time again.

He just stands there.
This isn’t the 1980s that offense is outdated. Today’s offense is so much better......

BUT HE WILL GET 2 MORE YEARS. RIGHT

That's because we don't play hard and the players don't like eachother or the coach. The result is a bunch of losses from a team that plays like they'd rather be somewhere else. This team's quit on Archie.

Am channel surfing between the basketball game and re-runs of the TV Show "Martial Law. So far the re-runs are more interesting and less painful to watch.

Calling out IU's bad offense
Dakich is 100% right. I think all of us old school Hoosiers know how a well coached team plays and this is not one. This is unacceptable and the blame falls on our Administration. They could have given Michael Lewis or Dane Fife the job and those two would have just as good of a chance of success as Archie Miller. $3 million dollars and we have an offense that under utilizes our best players and has zero discipline. We need more Dakich's that have the balls to point out that Glass made the wrong choice and put pressure on these guys to move on before he does any further damage to our program.

Well DD is right. Romeo had 6 shots for the game. You have to be kidding. SIX SHOTS! This is disgusting. He should have 20, at least. 2/17 from three. What a joke! Before the season, we were picked in the upper quartile in the Big Ten by some. Now we are talking about rebuilding.

Reactions: cryano and Bobbyhh
Well DD is right. Romeo had 6 shots for the game. You have to be kidding. SIX SHOTS! He should have 20 shots per game. We were 2/17 from three. Bad, Ugly!

I think they said on TV that IU is ranked in the 300's for free throw and 3 point shooting percentage. That is awful.

And that is driving the other issues. No shooters means pack the paint and take away Romeo's strengths and mimimzes Juwan and DD. Not difficult to see what is happening out there.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Same thing happened during the one year we had Noah Vonleh. Teams figured out we had no shooters so they packed the paint, sometimes triple teaming Vonleh.

It isn't tough to figure out. The coaches and team aren't reacting well to it, but it is clearly the root cause.

Dakich is 100% right. I think all of us old school Hoosiers know how a well coached team plays and this is not one. This is unacceptable and the blame falls on our Administration. They could have given Michael Lewis or Dane Fife the job and those two would have just as good of a chance of success as Archie Miller. $3 million dollars and we have an offense that under utilizes our best players and has zero discipline. We need more Dakich's that have the balls to point out that Glass made the wrong choice and put pressure on these guys to move on before he does any further damage to our program.
So, if we had the same current record and crappy offense play but instead Lewis or Fife were the coach, then are you saying you would be delighted? Hopefully not.

I have three areas of concern:

1. Is there any lockerroom dissension? This team shows signs of that but I can't identify it.

2. What the hell could Glass or the IU administration actually be doing that has harmed this team's play? Makes no sense for some of these posters to blame Glass or the IU administration for bad play on the court unless they can pinpoint what Glass or the IU administration is doing that actually has an effect on team performance on the basketball floor. After all, this isn't Congress or the White House where vague criticisms seem to be enough.

3. What specifically (i.e. as expressed in X's and O's on diagrams) is this team doing wrong on offense. For example, I see a lot of IU guys standing around except for Morgan, and Langford doesn't look like he wants to do anything except wait for a clearout and then try to drive to the basket. Maybe someone else sees some other specific faults that they can express in some way other than just general bitching and boohooing.

Thanks. And Go IU (please, please go!).

So, if we had the same current record and crappy offense play but instead Lewis or Fife were the coach, then are you saying you would be delighted? Hopefully not.

1. Is there any lockerroom dissension? This team shows signs of that but I can't identify it.

2. What the hell could Glass or the IU administration actually be doing that has harmed this team's play? Makes no sense for some of these posters to blame Glass or the IU administration for bad play on the court unless they can pinpoint what Glass or the IU administration is doing that actually has an effect on team performance on the basketball floor. After all, this isn't Congress or the White House where vague criticisms seem to be enough.

3. What specifically (i.e. as expressed in X's and O's on diagrams) is this team doing wrong on offense. For example, I see a lot of IU guys standing around except for Morgan, and Langford doesn't look like he wants to do anything except wait for a clearout and then try to drive to the basket. Maybe someone else sees some other specific faults that they can express in some way other than just general bitching and boohooing.

I’m not a coach, but you don’t need to be a doctor to know when a patient is dead.

Well DD is right. Romeo had 6 shots for the game. You have to be kidding. SIX SHOTS! This is disgusting. He should have 20, at least. 2/17 from three. What a joke! Before the season, we were picked in the upper quartile in the Big Ten by some. Now we are talking about rebuilding.

Well DD is right. Romeo had 6 shots for the game. You have to be kidding. SIX SHOTS! He should have 20 shots per game. We were 2/17 from three. Bad, Ugly!

That's a special kind of pissed off in that a post morphs into two separate posts. Congrats!

Reactions: hgdownunder
You missed my point on this. My point is we took someone without any experience coaching a major college program and with no major accomplishments albeit he did well for a mid major coach. Giving him a chance would not be any different than if we gave Fife or Lewis a chance. This record would be cause for fire if any of the three mentioned were Coach. My point is Fife or Lewis have the same chance Miller has based on experience. It's a roulette ball going around the wheel.

From what I see, the players are hugging and move on after the game. I dont think they care much like players cared back in my days.

Glass and the Administration should have fired CTC much sooner which I think our fear is they will drag this out too. At this point, we see a lot of holes in his Coaching and enough that they should see he isnt the guy and move on. Much like Notre Dame did the years after Lou. For some on here, they think the admin and Glass should have hired an IU guy so they do directly blame them for the lack of fundamentals and poor X's and O's we are seeing from a non IU guy. I tend to agree. If you go non IU, you get a known winner. Otherwise, give Lewis, Fife or hell even Dakich a shot.

They are letting Langford shoot 3 pointers at will when he is not a good shooter. They are running no plays to get him open for mid range shots that he is good at. There is a lot of standing around and the offense is not utilizing the strengths of each player but seems to be letting the players do what they want to do to look good for scouts and not look good for IU.

I was told (but haven't been able to confirm this elsewhere) something happened in practice, right after Christmas during the break. Something between 2 players and Archie supposedly took one side - which pissed the opposite view players off. Makes sense because this team hasn't been the same since Phin's concussion (which was right before Christmas).

2. What the hell could Glass or the IU administration actually be doing that has harmed this team's play?

Student Bill of Rights. Crean's legacy to IU for roster mismanagement. Harder to send guys packing as a result.

3. What specifically (i.e. as expressed in X's and O's on diagrams) is this team doing wrong on offense.

Romeo is always away from the ball. Hell, screen him off ball and give him some space to work. Our spacing is horrible, and when you give Romeo the ball but don't clear the area to give him driving lanes you're HELPING the other team. I wonder sometime if it's deliberate on the part of some of the players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT