ADVERTISEMENT

Cuban on Trump/Biden

I don't really care for what repubs pretend they will do.. Although given that their mission statement was literally whatever Trump says, I don't really think there is a legit repub party at the moment.

Neither party helps the deficit.. although I wonder how big of an issue it is in reality since it seems to be only used as a partisan hammer against whoever is in charge. No one really cares when they are in charge.

I think the border needs addressed and pathways to citizenship streamlined. thought the bipartisan border bill that was killed would have been a major leap forward, even though it ignored dreamers.

I think dems tend to try to help the poor much more than repubs, who are better for the wealthy. Wealthy don't need help in my opinion as evidenced by the ever increasing wealth gap.

Both parties help themselves as seen by stuff like health insurance and money opportunities that us regular folk only dream of.
Thank you, Forrest...

Then why did you change the subject that was being discussed?

I didn't. You just don't understand how excess spending creates inflation which leads to rising rates and tanking stock and bond markets.

Biden's actions with oil and ARP helped create the environment where inflation thrived. His policies contributed to the inflation and subsequent market downturn.

I didn't. You just don't understand how excess spending creates inflation which leads to rising rates and tanking stock and bond markets.

Biden's actions with oil and ARP helped create the environment where inflation thrived. His policies contributed to the inflation and subsequent market downturn.
Too many posters when presented with experts from the fed etc just don’t care. They are sticking with their party with their fingers in their ears. Both sides. It’s pointless

But why do you lie? Do you have a learning issue? You say something that’s a lie over and over then we show you the data over and over and you just continue on. If you can’t learn just say you have issues. People will stop bitching at you. But filling every single thread with lies is a drain
Keanu Reeves Mirror GIF

That’s just spamming a thread. How many times have you written that about blm or a hundred other topics been shown data and just ignored it or didn’t understand it. You just ignore it. Never reply with substance. Multiple posters have inquired if there’s something mentally wrong with you. Just say if you can’t learn. Or don’t understand things. But it’s impossible to debate with you in every thread. It’s a shame

Yes, you did. That’s not what I responded to. And then you responded to me . But whatever I’m sure you think you are right. ( Those markets sure have tanked, right? )

Yes, you did. That’s not what I responded to. And then you responded to me . But whatever I’m sure you think you are right. ( Those markets sure have tanked, right? )

You may have memory issues. You posted "Trump said the markets would crash under Biden. Lol". I posted with facts about how the markets (both stock and bond) declined in 2022 and asked the question regarding your definition of a crash? You failed to answer and instead decided to post some nonsense about how I can't pick the highest or lowest of his presidency, which I didn't. Again, you posted "Trump said the markets would crash under Biden. Lol". And I posted that it did happen in 2022. Trump was correct, assuming one's definition of a crash. And yes, it has rebounded under Biden. But that was not the issue. The issue was: was Trump's statement correct?

You decided to ignore that part by basically stating: the markets are good now, so Trump was wrong. I really don't care about Trump, but you just can't ignore the damage Biden has contributed to the economy and the overall stock/bond markets. That is like ignoring Archie Miller going 1-12 after a 4 game win streak (see - that is a brilliant analogy). Biden is on a 4 game win streak (and I am happy about it) but I don't ignore or forget that Biden had a 1-12 streak in 2022 partly because of his policies.

He's absolutely an engineer at heart and very hands on with product development. That's his whole educational background. He founded SpaceX as Chief engineer for crying out loud.
I'm an MLB second baseman at heart, but my hands have trouble picking up hard hit ground balls.

Good lord.
1) I didn't claim to be an MLB anything. "At heart", did you read that part?
2) Do you think that might have tipped you off that I really didn't think I belonged in MLB?
Stop. Shut up.

You took issue with my characterization of Musk as an “engineer at heart”.

Which is perfectly acceptable thing to say about the most notable engineer of our time.

You responded with some snark junk about an MLB second basemen. It was a crap post by a crap poster (you).

Stop. Shut up.

Which is perfectly acceptable thing to say about the most notable engineer of our time.

You responded with some snark junk about an MLB second basemen. It was a crap post by a crap poster (you).
Youre Wrong Sheldon Cooper GIF by CBS

Stop. Shut up.

Oh man, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were authorized to confer engineering degrees.

You may have memory issues. You posted "Trump said the markets would crash under Biden. Lol". I posted with facts about how the markets (both stock and bond) declined in 2022 and asked the question regarding your definition of a crash? You failed to answer and instead decided to post some nonsense about how I can't pick the highest or lowest of his presidency, which I didn't. Again, you posted "Trump said the markets would crash under Biden. Lol". And I posted that it did happen in 2022. Trump was correct, assuming one's definition of a crash. And yes, it has rebounded under Biden. But that was not the issue. The issue was: was Trump's statement correct?

You decided to ignore that part by basically stating: the markets are good now, so Trump was wrong. I really don't care about Trump, but you just can't ignore the damage Biden has contributed to the economy and the overall stock/bond markets. That is like ignoring Archie Miller going 1-12 after a 4 game win streak (see - that is a brilliant analogy). Biden is on a 4 game win streak (and I am happy about it) but I don't ignore or forget that Biden had a 1-12 streak in 2022 partly because of his policies.
You sure do stick up for Trump a lot for not caring about him, I’ve noticed. And once again, no it’s not like that. At all. For example, do you care if there was a losing streak in season if you win the NCAA? I don’t care that the market was down ( and no I don’t consider it a crash) after Covid because I knew it would rebound. I’ll let you have the last word as obviously you’ll never admit to a silly analogy.

Did someone teach you how to use gifs recently simple Jack? You seem to be using a lot of them lately. They should have taught you better.

They’re poorly timed, irrelevant and unfunny.

So the gifs go over your head as well.

Good to know. maybe you'll finally hit that growth spurt.

You sure do stick up for Trump a lot for not caring about him, I’ve noticed. And once again, no it’s not like that. At all. For example, do you care if there was a losing streak in season if you win the NCAA? I don’t care that the market was down ( and no I don’t consider it a crash) after Covid because I knew it would rebound. I’ll let you have the last word as obviously you’ll never admit to a silly analogy.

Fine. You don't consider the worst bond market in a century a crash. I get it. Nothing Biden does is wrong. I can't have a discussion with someone who lives in an alternate reality.

Fine. You don't consider the worst bond market in a century a crash. I get it. Nothing Biden does is wrong. I can't have a discussion with someone who lives in an alternate reality.
you should try having a conversation with someone that still supports Trump. It puts meta quest to shame in virtual reality.

you posted "Trump said the markets would crash under Biden. Lol". And I posted that it did happen in 2022. Trump was correct
A bear market, even an extended one, is not a crash. Going back from Jan 20, 2021 and tracking to now, market gains have been quite good.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
A bear market, even an extended one, is not a crash. Going back from Jan 20, 2021 and tracking to now, market gains have been quite good.

I agree. I would not call it a crash. But some would. And what would you call the -33% on the nasdaq? And wouldn't the worst bond market ever be considered a crash?

Markets didn’t crash. They have been modestly successful. Inflation has prices and interest rates are Biden’s legacy

Markets didn’t crash. They have been modestly successful. Inflation has prices and interest rates are Biden’s legacy

Define markets? And define crash? Are bonds not a market? It was the worst ever in 2022. How is that not a crash? Is the nasdaq being down 33% considered a "crash"? Who decides what crash means?

Define markets? And define crash? Are bonds not a market? It was the worst ever in 2022. How is that not a crash? Is the nasdaq being down 33% considered a "crash"? Who decides what crash means?

Fair enough. Now how about we talk about recovery? My puny holdings are now back to their Jan 2022 highs. So yeah, I lost a couple years growth, but that's the price you pay when playing the stocks & bonds lottery. I'm hoping things continue to do well, but you never know.

NASDAQ is up 9% YTD 42% 12 months and 21% 24 months

I'm probably heavier in bonds than you are. I'm told they should get stronger later this spring.
I have a lot in NASDAQ. Not individual stocks, but a lot of mutual funds that are tech-oriented. I didn't realize that imbalance so much until recently, when we have had some weeks where the Dow does great and the NASDAQ drops, and other weeks where the opposite happens.

NASDAQ is up 9% YTD 42% 12 months and 21% 24 months

I know. I do this for a living and have been for 25 years. But that does not mean it wasn't down in 2022. And you decided to ignore the worst bond market ever. Most people and pensions have 25-50% in bonds.

Reactions: jet812
I know. I do this for a living and have been for 25 years. But that does not mean it wasn't down in 2022. And you decided to ignore the worst bond market ever. Most people and pensions have 25-50% in bonds.
“But it was down in 2022”. Lol

If you truly do this for a living you shouldn’t have posted what you did.

Fair enough. Now how about we talk about recovery? My puny holdings are now back to their Jan 2022 highs. So yeah, I lost a couple years growth, but that's the price you pay when playing the stocks & bonds lottery. I'm hoping things continue to do well, but you never know.

Sure. I'll talk about it. But this started with zeke laughing at Trump for stating years ago that the markets would crash under Biden. Well, they did, sort of. Nasdaq was down 33%, SP 18%, and Dow 8%. Bonds down 13%, worst ever. The word "crash" is subjective. But Trump wasn't completely wrong. It happened with bonds, for sure, and some would say Nasdaq.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT