ADVERTISEMENT

Cuban on Trump/Biden

The fascinating thing about this thread is progressives always lament how the investor class rips off the working man. The guys putting in the hours building a product or providing a service and the man moving money around profits from their labor.

Cuban IS the investor class. That's where most of his fortune comes from, investing.

Musk is the one putting in the hours and building the products and services of tomorrow. Never thought I'd see Democrats siding with the investor over the builder.
What do you think Musk actually built? Tesla? He was the 4th CEO and was brought on for his investment prowess. But he didn't "build" anything...

So exactly how is that different than the claims you make against Cuban? You think Musk is some sort of genius engineer? He's adept at coopting the ideas of others and self promoting (like Trump), but the designers and engineers do all of the actual "building"...

You might want to google Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning if you want to see who actually created Tesla.

They closed the one in Bloomington down. I used to target arriving around 3:30 which was still lunch and then they switched over to dinner/steak at 4 and everyone who had already paid was grandfathered in. Been to the one in Bedford a few times, but it's just not as good...

Not as good? It's 10x better than that dirt trap that was in Bloomington. The one in Bedford is clean, has a great selection, and has a great selection. I'm guessing you haven't been there in a while?

What do you think Musk actually built? Tesla? He was the 4th CEO and was brought on for his investment prowess. But he didn't "build" anything...

So exactly how is that different than the claims you make against Cuban? You think Musk is some sort of genius engineer? He's adept at coopting the ideas of others and self promoting (like Trump), but the designers and engineers do all of the actual "building"...

You might want to google Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning if you want to see who actually created Tesla.
That's just a lie. You're a dirty no good liar.

He's absolutely an engineer at heart and very hands on with product development. That's his whole educational background. He founded SpaceX as Chief engineer for crying out loud.

Cos you are so FOS it's coming out your ears.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
They closed the one in Bloomington down. I used to target arriving around 3:30 which was still lunch and then they switched over to dinner/steak at 4 and everyone who had already paid was grandfathered in. Been to the one in Bedford a few times, but it's just not as good...
I think Martinsville had a Mr. Gatti’s when I went IU. Stopped there several times on my way back to school. The best Pizza within a 500 foot radius.

Last edited:
Not as good? It's 10x better than that dirt trap that was in Bloomington. The one in Bedford is clean, has a great selection, and has a great selection. I'm guessing you haven't been there in a while?
It's been a couple of years. The buffet I used to like in Bedford was the Amish owned one...

I used to go to the one in Bloomington at least 3 times/week if not more. I knew all the waitresses to the point that 2 or 3 of them called me the day they found they were shut down, so I wouldn't make an unecessary trip. They'd give me giant drinks for the regular sized price, and they didn't care that I took lots of food home for my dog. Overall they just had more of the food I liked, and the steak deal was awesome...

There was a whole crew of regulars and it was an enjoyable atmosphere. I didn't know the night crew, but many of the day shift waitresses would sit with me on their breaks. I lost weight when it shut down, but it was a fun place to go and hangout between my own work shifts, or on my days off...

I think Martinsville had a Mr. Gatti’s when I went IU. Stopped there several times on my way back to school. The best Pizza within a 500 feet radius.
I've eaten at that Gattis many times when coming back from Indy or points north. Probably been a year or so since I stopped, and it's gone thru some changes. But for a pizza buffet it's pretty good...

Reactions: snarlcakes
The fascinating thing about this thread is progressives always lament how the investor class rips off the working man. The guys putting in the hours building a product or providing a service and the man moving money around profits from their labor.

Cuban IS the investor class. That's where most of his fortune comes from, investing.

Musk is the one putting in the hours and building the products and services of tomorrow. Never thought I'd see Democrats siding with the investor over the builder.

You act as if Musk built his companies. He didn't, he bought them.

His big break (not counting his dad's emerald mine money that he started with) was working with Peter Thiel on Pay Pal. He gets a lot of credit for that.

But Thiel hated him and wanted him out, so he bought him, kicked him out. Musk wanted to turn Pay Pal into X. He has a thing for the letter X it seems.

Musk then took that money and bought Tesla, etc and built a reputation of being this megamind.

His whole persona was based on being mysterious and getting a genius reputation.

He's the king of over promising and under delivering because....well he's such a quirky, innovative genius. He'll tell you himself.

After he became active on Twitter, he's basically outed himself as basically an autistic, 12 year old child going through puberty and craving attention.

Which popped the whole 'megamind' mystic.

In the meantime Twitter value has supposedly fallen 80% and Tesla has fallen nearly 50%, even with having tailwinds in the markets since he bought Twitter and his 'mysterious genius' reputation has been outed for everyone to see.

A post was going around by a coder that went something like....

'I'm told that Musk is a genius. I don't know much about electric cars so when Musk says he's an expert and talks about electric cars, I assume he is because he's a genius.

I also don't know much about space, so when Musk says he's an expert on space and talks about it, I assume he is because he's a genius.

I do know code, very well. So when Musk says he's an expert on code and talks about it....it's literally the dumbest, most laughable shit I've ever heard in my life.

Meaning I'm not buying a Tesla anytime soon'.

My question to Elon is he says he wants to terraform Mars....which will cost probably more money than there is on earth. Why don't we help better 'terraform' the earth? You know the place where all the people are?

Reactions: cosmickid

He's absolutely an engineer at heart and very hands on with product development. That's his whole educational background. He founded SpaceX as Chief engineer for crying out loud.

What is an "engineer at heart? His degrees are in economics and physics, but I can't find anyone definitively describing anything he actually built with his own hands. Which is sort of the claim you made when you tried to characterize Cuban as a mere investor...

Didn't Cuban build his business (computer related) while he was a student at IU? I thought he basically became an investor when he sold his orinal business for millions?

Didn't Cuban build his business (computer related) while he was a student at IU? I thought he basically became an investor when he sold his orinal business for millions?
Cuban invested early in what became broadcast.com, with his investment tied to a share of ownership.

So he didn't build it from the ground up, but he was there close to the beginning. It was supposedly because he was frustrated about not being able to stream IU basketball games.

Cuban later bought out most of the ownership from his business partners, became a millionaire 300x over with its IPO, and a billionaire when yahoo bought them. He then dumped his yahoo stock before they tanked, getting more billions.

Funny thing is, the service died after the yahoo acquisition. Cuban's a billionaire because of one of the worst decisions in the history of American business. Streaming before broadband was just awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcmurtry66
What do you think would have happened had Biden not instituted the American Rescue Plan Act in March of 2021?
The economy would've rebounded faster, and the country would have less debt.

Why do you ask?

It's pretty common knowledge after so many academic looks into interventionism.

Nope, Musk has a bachelors in physics and economics. No engineering degrees.

Reactions: outside shooter
It's been a couple of years. The buffet I used to like in Bedford was the Amish owned one...

I used to go to the one in Bloomington at least 3 times/week if not more. I knew all the waitresses to the point that 2 or 3 of them called me the day they found they were shut down, so I wouldn't make an unecessary trip. They'd give me giant drinks for the regular sized price, and they didn't care that I took lots of food home for my dog. Overall they just had more of the food I liked, and the steak deal was awesome...

There was a whole crew of regulars and it was an enjoyable atmosphere. I didn't know the night crew, but many of the day shift waitresses would sit with me on their breaks. I lost weight when it shut down, but it was a fun place to go and hangout between my own work shifts, or on my days off...

That makes sense. Our family of 5 used to go there for dinner and our last time was shortly before its closing. So the standards were likely dropping off and that has jaded my memory. Plus the friends you had there probably enhanced yours.

The Bedford GC has changed ownership, was remodeled, and added new items in the past 5 years. I'd highly recommend it.

Cuban is a bit of a blowhard. Tech bubble billionaire that sold at the right time and got into the self promotion game.

Radio on the internet!
Cuban has made far more money after selling B.com that he did selling it. Has turned almost everything he has touched to gold and gave away a ton of it along the way.

200.gif
Goddamnit, they said they weren’t going to release that video.

Yeah, this totally sucks ass

Nah, we had the greatest economy in the history of the world under Trump. Just ask him, he’ll tell ya.

Never mind that every republican president since Teddy R has had a recession. Actually four R presidents have overseen at least two.

You have to hand it Rs on messaging. Their voters are convinced that R presidents are God’s gift to the economy.

That makes sense. Our family of 5 used to go there for dinner and our last time was shortly before its closing. So the standards were likely dropping off and that has jaded my memory. Plus the friends you had there probably enhanced yours.

The Bedford GC has changed ownership, was remodeled, and added new items in the past 5 years. I'd highly recommend it.
My kids still laugh about me going into the Bedford GC and sneaking steak out wrapped in napkins in my pocket. I got pretty proficient at it. Always wore a winter coat, even when it was warm outside.

I always told them, hey, it’s a victimless crime. Once it touches my plate, it’s trash to them. It’s not like they’re going to do anything but throw it out if I don’t eat it.

Besides, they’re overpriced anyway. And they buy the cheapest steak they can find I’m sure.

Reactions: ribbont
As does this, just terrible stuff.

I didn't say it sucked a lot, from what would've happened anyway absent inflationary 'stimulus'.

I just said 'not as good' as it could've been. And that 'take' has been proven by studies of many previous recessions.

If you think politicians picking winners and loses is the best for the economy and best use of your tax dollars, more power to you. But it's wrong.

If you want to say it gave to your per causes and has better feels, to you, then say that. That could be correct.

Last edited:
Also, why do you guys turn it into Democrat vs Republican? That's stupid.

Overspending as stimulus by Republicans using the covid recession as an excuse, would have been likely as bad.

If they do little other than the support for the poorest, in tough times, we come out better.

Hopefully none of you look at the stimulus and think that's where it went

Not at all. You're just making stuff up.

Only fools make it mainly a democrat vs republican thing. Two sides of the same coin.

Maybe you have your tribe, and to you that's what counts.
You don't follow this board much if you think he is wrong about quite a few posters on this board that think Trump craps gold and everything is biden's fault.

You guys suck so bad. Cuban good billionaire, Musk bad. Idiots everywhere.
Well, Cuban is the least controversial of the two. He owned an NBA team and was on Shark Tank. Meanwhile, Musk has endorsed antisemitic comments on X.

Do and say stupid things and you’ll get negative reactions. Simple.

Well, Cuban is the least controversial of the two. He owned an NBA team and was on Shark Tank. Meanwhile, Musk has endorsed antisemitic comments on X.

How quick people forget musk's lunacy during the twitter takeover. But he turned conservative so he gets the blinders put on

Reactions: Thyrsis

^^^^Totally normal and healthy fascination with a cult leader.

Reactions: outside shooter
You don't follow this board much if you think he is wrong about quite a few posters on this board that think Trump craps gold and everything is biden's fault.
My disgust for both 'sides' always colors my posts.

I do favor what repubs pretend they will do as economic policy. But they never do what they say. They just waste, and pick winners and losers, causing harm. Just like the dems who do what they say they'll do, which is bad. But at least they announce up front they're going to crap on us. Repubs lie about it first.

Nothing tops the Chuckwagon Steakhouse.

I'm serious. When I had my first burger from Nick's the flavor reminded me of the Chuckwagon.

I'm sure it was pure garbage but man in my teens....that was a family night out! Lol

Reactions: ribbont
You guys suck so bad. Cuban good billionaire, Musk bad. Idiots everywhere.

I do 100% agree we need to stop canonizing billionaires.

Especially the thought that their so called genius equates to every and all topics.

The majority of wealth comes from generational wealth that's passed on vs this belief that a dude started with two turds and one bucket but through brilliance and guts became a billionaire.

But mainly because a person can be brilliant in one area but a total imbecile in another. That's just being human.

My disgust for both 'sides' always colors my posts.

I do favor what repubs pretend they will do as economic policy. But they never do what they say. They just waste, and pick winners and losers, causing harm. Just like the dems who do what they say they'll do, which is bad. But at least they announce up front they're going to crap on us. Repubs lie about it first.

I don't really care for what repubs pretend they will do.. Although given that their mission statement was literally whatever Trump says, I don't really think there is a legit repub party at the moment.

Neither party helps the deficit.. although I wonder how big of an issue it is in reality since it seems to be only used as a partisan hammer against whoever is in charge. No one really cares when they are in charge.

I think the border needs addressed and pathways to citizenship streamlined. thought the bipartisan border bill that was killed would have been a major leap forward, even though it ignored dreamers.

I think dems tend to try to help the poor much more than repubs, who are better for the wealthy. Wealthy don't need help in my opinion as evidenced by the ever increasing wealth gap.

Both parties help themselves as seen by stuff like health insurance and money opportunities that us regular folk only dream of.

Reactions: OpenWheels

Just another idiot lefty on this board I see. Blind leading the blind around here. Sad, but not unexpected.

I do 100% agree we need to stop canonizing billionaires.

Especially the thought that their so called genius equates to every and all topics.

The majority of wealth comes from generational wealth that's passed on vs this belief that a dude started with two turds and one bucket but through brilliance and guts became a billionaire.

But mainly because a person can be brilliant in one area but a total imbecile in another. That's just being human.
Yeah, just look at LeBron. Decent basketball player and complete idiot on all other matters.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Your response proves my brilliant analogy went over your head. It wasn't a comparison of the stock market to a basketball ball game.
Then why did you change the subject that was being discussed?

Yeah, just look at LeBron. Decent basketball player and complete idiot on all other matters.
I’d put him up against 90% of other pro athletes. A complete idiot? Guy is with his high school sweetheart and never a hint of scandAl. He’s known for donating generously to schools and charity causes. Never been in trouble, arrested, DUI, gambling, sexual abuse, or anything else I know of. He may be a flipper but that doesn’t make him an idiot.

Yeah, that's my point. I don't turn to or defend a position Lebron takes because he's a billionaire.

I don't turn to or defend a position Rhianna takes because she's a billionaire.

I do know that they've earned their billions and have managed their money and brand well so, maybe we should value their opinion as the defining opinion on EVERYTHING!!!!

They are geniuses!!

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
I’d put him up against 90% of other pro athletes. A complete idiot? Guy is with his high school sweetheart and never a hint of scandAl. He’s known for donating generously to schools and charity causes. Never been in trouble, arrested, DUI, gambling, sexual abuse, or anything else I know of. He may be a flipper but that doesn’t make him an idiot.
COMPLETE IDIOT

• Haha
Reactions: zeke4ahs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT