ADVERTISEMENT

Tapper - Biden coverup "Orwellian"

No one wants to be Jaime Lannister, or Brutus.

Bill Clinton, Obama, and Schumer are the three best positioned to do what most think needs done. But even so, Biden cannot be pushed, he can only be persuaded to jump

Bill Clinton, Obama, and Schumer are the three best positioned to do what most think needs done. But even so, Biden cannot be pushed, he can only be persuaded to jump
In the car with a co-worker earlier this week and overheard someone on the radio say that Obama and Bill needed to schedule a meeting with Biden at 1:00 and a presser at 2:00. Tell Biden at 1 that they were either going to announce they weren't supporting his candidacy at the 2:00 or he could take the podium and announce that he was stepping aside. Doubt if it would go down that way, but we both got a post-lunch chuckle out of it.

Reactions: Spartans9312
In the car with a co-worker earlier this week and overheard someone on the radio say that Obama and Bill needed to schedule a meeting with Biden at 1:00 and a presser at 2:00. Tell Biden at 1 that they were either going to announce they weren't supporting his candidacy at the 2:00 or he could take the podium and announce that he was stepping aside. Doubt if it would go down that way, but we both got a post-lunch chuckle out of it.
I think that's exactly how it needs to work IF Biden won't budge and IF the Dem leaders want to force the issue. I'd include Pelosi and Schumer in that group, though.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
No chance of that happening. It would fracture the party and ensure Trump's election.

I think that's exactly how it needs to work IF Biden won't budge and IF the Dem leaders want to force the issue. I'd include Pelosi and Schumer in that group, though.

I was thinking about this last night, sifting through some of the commentary from rando activist Dems on social media -- many of whom are furious about the efforts to oust Biden from the race.

We're witnessing something happen that I can't remember seeing since I've been paying attention. And it's not simply that Democrats are divided over the question. Rather it's what I see as the fault line and who occupies which side of it.

Lord knows I'm not a Trump guy. But I'm going to use his term here, just because I think that it may be the most convenient one to describe what I'm seeing.

The group that these Dem activists who are staunchly (and surprisingly) devoted to Biden are at odds with is what Donald Trump would call "the swamp." It's not just elected Democrats...it's most people in major media, Hollywood, influencers like the Pod Save America guys, big donors, corporate types....maybe even Barack Obama?

I can't help but wonder how this relationship will play out from here. If Trump loses (to whomever), then it's probably a moot point. But...if Trump ends up winning? If that happens, I think there's a chance we could see a divorce between left-wing grassroots Dems and the political establishment...similar to what befell Republicans in 2016.

No way Pelosi or Schumer get involved like that unless they're not going to run for re-election.

No chance of that happening. It would fracture the party and ensure Trump's election.
Given the post I just made, this is a timely comment.

I'm not too familiar with you as a poster (I've only recently become active at the WC again). But I gather that you're the kind of person I was describing.

Yep.

For once, the old white guy has all the power.

I was thinking about this last night, sifting through some of the commentary from rando activist Dems on social media -- many of whom are furious about the efforts to oust Biden from the race.

We're witnessing something happen that I can't remember seeing since I've been paying attention. And it's not simply that Democrats are divided over the question. Rather it's what I see as the fault line and who occupies which side of it.

Lord knows I'm not a Trump guy. But I'm going to use his term here, just because I think that it may be the most convenient one to describe what I'm seeing.

The group that these Dem activists who are staunchly (and surprisingly) devoted to Biden are at odds with is what Donald Trump would call "the swamp." It's not just elected Democrats...it's most people in major media, Hollywood, influencers like the Pod Save America guys, big donors, corporate types....maybe even Barack Obama?

I can't help but wonder how this relationship will play out from here. If Trump loses (to whomever), then it's probably a moot point. But...if Trump ends up winning? If that happens, I think there's a chance we could see a divorce between left-wing grassroots Dems and the political establishment...similar to what befell Republicans in 2016.
That rift has existed since 2016 with Bernie v Hillary.

That rift has existed since 2016 with Bernie v Hillary.

To an extent, I agree. But I think it's been largely dormant -- particularly with Biden's victory in 2020 and his willingness to give policy influence to the Berniecrats (student loan forgiveness, etc.). All hatchets were sufficiently buried in the runup to 2020 as they all shared a common goal.

They still share the common goal -- but they are openly warring with each other about how best to achieve it.

To stick with pop culture references, it reminds me of the scene in "Life of Brian" where the two anti-Roman dissident groups run into each other in the tunnels of Caesar's palace.

BRIAN: Brothers! Brothers! We should be struggling together!​
FRANCIS: We are! Ohh.​
BRIAN: We mustn't fight each other! Surely we should be united against the common enemy!​
EVERYONE: THE JUDEAN PEOPLE'S FRONT?!
BRIAN: No, no! The Romans!​
EVERYONE: Oh, yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yes.​

Yep.

For once, the old white guy has all the power.
No one can push Biden out except Biden himself. The only two scenarios in which he is not the nominee are if he dies/suffers a severe medical event, or he decides for himself that it’s no longer worth staying in the race. He can be pressured In that direction by polling, donors, media, unions, and Dem politicians, but none of those are capable of making him leave if his decision is to stay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT