ADVERTISEMENT

Crean's best team

This thread is another example of a thread that drifts far from the original topic and transforms into a rather ugly discussion.

I would not count any eggs before they hatch regarding Crean and the BTT and NCAA's. He is 1-17 in getting to the FF (and got blown out by 30+) and 0-8 in BTT's.

I understand hope springs eternal, especially when beating up on the Little Sisters of the Poor at home (ignoring IPFW) and the win one for the Gipper games like the UNC game at home. However, winning games at home and beating up on the Little Sisters of the Poor have not been the problem.

Did you purposely leave out the Kansas game or did you forget about that win on a neutral court? It does not follow the narrative that we can only win at home to well does it :rolleyes:

I'll give you credit for how you stated that last sentence. The TEAM hasn't figured it out. That's not on Crean. He can't play the game for them, can he? He has undoubtedly drilled them in the subtle nuances of a 2-3 zone and I know that they'll destroy it next time, because of both his unique approach to the game and the athletes he's assembled. It won't even matter. We'll be raining 3s from the hash marks. There's NO STOPPING this team.

Quite the turnaround, Dug. Your enthusiasm is outpaced only by your sincerity. The Hoosiers need more fans like you.

Quite the turnaround, Dug. Your enthusiasm is outpaced only by your sincerity. The Hoosiers need more fans like you.
I don't know about that. There are plenty of fans like me. That's what makes IU such an amazing place to play and go to school. Well, that and the most beautiful campus in the B1G. It's pretty easy to see why/how I got turned around. I'm just embarrassed that I ever doubted that Coach Crean could achieve these results once he finally got a team like this. Like he's always wanted. Honestly, this team is so long and athletic and multipositional, I don't know of another team like us anywhere in the country. And we have depth. Shoot, even our walkon PG is dropping dimes. lol. This team is going back to the promised land that we haven't seen in 14+ years.

Reactions: mike41703
I don't know about that. There are plenty of fans like me. That's what makes IU such an amazing place to play and go to school. Well, that and the most beautiful campus in the B1G. It's pretty easy to see why/how I got turned around. I'm just embarrassed that I ever doubted that Coach Crean could achieve these results once he finally got a team like this. Like he's always wanted. Honestly, this team is so long and athletic and multipositional, I don't know of another team like us anywhere in the country. And we have depth. Shoot, even our walkon PG is dropping dimes. lol. This team is going back to the promised land that we haven't seen in 14+ years.

You used to be such a stick in the mud…now you're all schtick. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
You used to be such a stick in the mud…now you're all schtick. :rolleyes:
It's ok. You will see. I really enjoy watching this team play. So much energy. Sharing the ball. Playing WAY better D on 3s. Do they need to cut down on the turnovers? Absolutely. But they will. They're gelling as a team and it's early. Not sure how any of this qualifies as "schtick", but you can feel free to shove that schtick up your ar$e, Spongebob. vbg

Why are you bringing negativity to the team and our season?

Are you wth us or against us?
I'm fine with it. I understand all the doubt. I'll be the first to admit that I really didn't like Crean however, with the team that he's finally recruited, they all seem to be good kids and they're so athletic and long. I just think that he's finally got the team he's been trying to recruit all these years and he's refined his approach and MOST IMPORTANTLY he's really stressing D on the perimeter. I could give a rats a$$ if they believe me or not. He'll eventually be forced to come around when this team makes the FF push.

Reactions: mike41703
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT