ADVERTISEMENT

COVID RESET

So, we are now 3 years removed from the largest disruption and societal change in our lifetimes. Well, mine at least and I am 46. Many suffered and even worse, perished. Many are still suffering either financially, mental health, etc. Thought I'd recap the things we were told and/or implied by our gov't / health officials about Covid that later were determined to be false. Feel free to add to the list as I am sure I will miss something.

1) If you get the vaccine, you cannot get the virus: False
2) If you have had covid, you still need the vaccine to have immunity: False
3) The virus did not come from a lab but occurred naturally in a Wuhan wet market: False
4) If you keep getting boosted, you will be immune to getting the virus: False
5) If you wear a mask it will keep you from spreading and/or getting the virus: False
6) People who receive the vaccine cannot die from the virus: False
7) Lockdowns were effective in combatting the virus: False

Am I missing anything? Look forward to the wave of hate and aggression and personal attacks. Try and attack the statements as being true and not false vs attacking the poster. Have a great day and thank God this virus is in the rear view mirror and that in the event we are ever faced with another situation involving a virus, we learn from it and apply those learnings for the betterment of society.
I’ve never posted anything pro or con in this topic. I’m not sure what the point of this is? Is it to stick it to certain people? Be antagonistic? Stir the pot? Remember the Seinfeld episode with George and the clown at the kids birthday party? George is ranting and raving about Bozo the Clown and the clown at the birthday never heard of him. George persists and the clown says “you’re all caught up in the past man, about some clown in the 60s man!” That’s what your post makes me think of. Maybe we should all just let it go? Next pandemic just do whatever the hell you want.

Reactions: UncleMark
I’ve never posted anything pro or con in this topic. I’m not sure what the point of this is? Is it to stick it to certain people? Be antagonistic? Stir the pot? Remember the Seinfeld episode with George and the clown at the kids birthday party? George is ranting and raving about Bozo the Clown and the clown at the birthday never heard of him. George persists and the clown says “you’re all caught up in the past man, about some clown in the 60s man!” That’s what your post makes me think of. Maybe we should all just let it go? Next pandemic just do whatever the hell you want.
I believe there is a seinfield episode for most anything in life. My point is / was how horrible our leadership handled this pandemic. How it was politicized. How it led to a huge divide in our country and to go a step further, brought out the worst in society. Very brazen statements toward others and a complete disregard for decency and respect toward others. And be careful with that last statement. The vitriol runs deep when it comes to free thinking and applying common sense relative to pandemics. But, I will digress. Have a good weekend.

Can’t read it behind a pay wall, but QB isn’t where they need to upgrade. Dak has been top 10 in QB rankings every year except one and barely missed that year. They won’t draft a QB before fifth round, if they draft any. They should get a good free agent backup this year.
I understand the top 10 in QB rankings argument.

Let's just say the "behind the paywall" article wasn't flattering to Dak, due to his playoff misadventures. Jerry ain't getting any younger . . . he might be hoping to catch lightning in a bottle before he goes . . . .

I understand the top 10 in QB rankings argument.

Let's just say the "behind the paywall" article wasn't flattering to Dak, due to his playoff misadventures. Jerry ain't getting any younger . . . he might be hoping to catch lightning in a bottle before he goes . . . .
One thing for sure, Jerry never gives up on getting to the Super Bowl. They need to upgrade at several spots, but QB is good enough to win. If the Cowboys could trade Dak straight up for Mahomes or Burrow, that would be great, but it's not gonna happen. ;)

Here is an opinion piece on the topic. Simply passing this along..

From the piece:

School closures. Schools are major transmission points for influenza, but not for COVID. While children do get infected, their risk for COVID death is minuscule, lower than their already low risk of dying from the flu. Throughout the 2020 spring wave, Sweden kept daycare and schools open for all its 1.8 million children ages 1 to 15, with no masks, testing or social distancing. The result? Zero COVID deaths among children and a COVID risk to teachers lower than the average of other professions. In fall 2020, most European countries followed suit, with similar results. Considering the devastating effects of school closures on children, Dr. Fauci's advocacy for school closures may be the single biggest mistake of his career.

From the piece:

School closures. Schools are major transmission points for influenza, but not for COVID. While children do get infected, their risk for COVID death is minuscule, lower than their already low risk of dying from the flu. Throughout the 2020 spring wave, Sweden kept daycare and schools open for all its 1.8 million children ages 1 to 15, with no masks, testing or social distancing. The result? Zero COVID deaths among children and a COVID risk to teachers lower than the average of other professions. In fall 2020, most European countries followed suit, with similar results. Considering the devastating effects of school closures on children, Dr. Fauci's advocacy for school closures may be the single biggest mistake of his career.
Fauci Lied. People Died

From the piece:

Joking aside fauci is another trump error. His everything needed to be filtered through reps. He should never have been the one front and center everyday

hate it when slow talkers can't get to the point without taking forever to get to the point.

that said, he states the vax still showed up in blood after 28 days in 9.3% of those studied.

did he ever get around to explaining any downside to this?

you or someone keeps re-posting this guy's videos, but i never have the patients to wait till he gets to his point, if he has one.

ok, so the vax is still detectable after 28 days in 9.3% of test subjects.

is that a bad thing? or a good thing? or what?

wtf is his point???????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
hate it when slow talkers can't get to the point without taking forever to get to the point.

that said, he states the vax still showed up in blood after 28 days in 9.3% of those studied.

did he ever get around to explaining any downside to this?

you or someone keeps re-posting this guy's videos, but i never have the patients to wait tell he gets to his point, if he has one.

ok, so the vax is still detectable after 28 days in 9.3% of test subjects.

is that a bad thing? or a good thing? or what?

wtf is his point???????????????????????????????????
Well I

Don't know what

If you watched

The video and then.....

HAHAHA Sorry I had to get in on this quickly before Aloha starts on you. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Part of what we learned through the process was that basic masks did littleand basic masks worn incorrectly did very little

What we do know is that N95s work.
Not according the newest studies discussed above

Common sense and hundreds of years of actual observance of viruses taught that airborne viruses are going to ALWAYS escape out through a fiber mask and in through a fiber mask. Period. This was ignored by THE SMART PEOPLE.

That is why the fourth lie told by Fauci/CDC/NIH/WHO was "we have no evidence that it is an airborne virus"

First lie - "we have no evidence it came from a lab leak - it looks to have been a wet market"
Second lie - "we have no evidence of human to human transmission"
Third lie - "our hospitals are going to be overwhelmed - empty them of non-covid symptom patients"
Fourth lie - "its spread by droplets - a non-symptomatic person will not benefit from wearing a mask - sick people should a wear a mask to stop the spread"
Fifth lie - "its airborne - everybody should wear a mask to stop the spread - we just lied earlier to preserve PPE for healthcare and first responders"
Sixth lie - "vaccines will stop the spread"
Seventh. lie -"we were not helping fund gain-of-function lab work in China"

Now we are learning that the mRNA vaccines may not have "operated" as expected in the body. As an immuno-compromised guy who took 6, on medical advice from Fauci and my personal healthcare providers, and who FOR THE FIRST TIME was told 1/8/23 by my RA doctor that I should NOT take anymore because there are now "concerns" - I'm ready to jail Fauci.

The future will look back on us and say "the virus acted liked a virus - and the dumbasses back then were too politicized and propagandized to believe it."

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Reactions: larsIU
We are still in the dark about so much:

TL/DNR - Long covid has no link to prior COVID19, instead, initial symptom severity (of whatever virus you get), loneliness and poor physical activity are linked to the “post covid conditions”

My lady hasn't had taste or smell since late Oct/early November 2021 and I make sure she gets plenty of physical activity.

I'll see myself out now 😄

This should be illegal.

Probably fake, but insurance companies offering incentives for vaccinations make sense. Vaccinated people are less likely to contract COVID, and far less likely to have severe symptoms that require costly medical treatment which Anthem would need to pay for. Even more costly if the patient requires hospitalization and treatment. It’s a good business decision by Anthem.

We know conclusively now that the Trump COVID vaccines are safe and effective for nearly 100 percent of us.

Last edited:
Probably fake, but insurance companies offering incentives for vaccinations make sense. Vaccinated people are less likely to contract COVID, and far less likely to have severe symptoms that require costly medical treatment which Anthem would need to pay for. Even more costly if the patient requires hospitalization and treatment. It’s a good business decision by Anthem.

We know conclusively now that the Trump COVID vaccines are safe and effective for nearly 100 percent of us.
We do? Who is that we comprised of? Ask the people having problems since getting it including myself. Lots of people are not part of your we or is it anywhere close to 100% safe . I don't care who we are crediting/blaming for the vaccine at the head of the government at the time . I let myself get pressured in to it and it was a huge mistake. We won't know for yrs the lasting effects

We do? Who is that we comprised of? Ask the people having problems since getting it including myself. Lots of people are not part of your we or is it anywhere close to 100% safe . I don't care who we are crediting/blaming for the vaccine at the head of the government at the time . I let myself get pressured in to it and it was a huge mistake. We won't know for yrs the lasting effects
Yes, we do. Nearly 100 percent of the several hundred people at work, including me, have had the vaccinations. Not one single issue. Nearly 100 percent of the military was vaccinated with nearly zero reported issues. We've had people vaccinated long enough to know that issues are rare and entirely nonexistent for nearly 100 percent of us.

Sorry you have issues you think is related to the vaccine, but if that's the case, you're one of the very few that have had issues.

Yes, we do. Nearly 100 percent of the several hundred people at work, including me, have had the vaccinations. Not one single issue. Nearly 100 percent of the military was vaccinated with nearly zero reported issues. We've had people vaccinated long enough to know that issues are rare and entirely nonexistent for nearly 100 percent of us.

Sorry you have issues you think is related to the vaccine, but if that's the case, you're one of the very few that have had issues.
For starters, just last night for whatever reason I was rubbing my shoulder for being sore from raking and can actually find the exact spot of the shot if I use a finger . It had an ugly nasty bruise and was sore for a long time . You have your thoughts and I have mine. I know of through some people including a doctor that many others that won't agree with you. Not the arm part but others that all wish they had never gotten it for other things and never had issues with. Feel free to disagree and maybe the military didn't get the exact same vax some of the rest of us did?

For starters, just last night for whatever reason I was rubbing my shoulder for being sore from raking and can actually find the exact spot of the shot if I use a finger . It had an ugly nasty bruise and was sore for a long time . You have your thoughts and I have mine. I know of through some people including a doctor that many others that won't agree with you. Not the arm part but others that all wish they had never gotten it for other things and never had issues with. Feel free to disagree and maybe the military didn't get the exact same vax some of the rest of us did?
We only had two versions of shots. I think all the DoD got the same one I and our organization got - the mRNA vaccine from Pfizer.

I still see some people wearing masks in grocery stores i just assume it is bowlmania or his realatives Nobody wearing masks at sporting events ever that I see . The grocery store crowd masker likely never ventures outside their home otherwise. Must be a riot wearing a mask when it is 100 out. Bowlmania 100 percent wears a mask alone in his car.

I still see some people wearing masks in grocery stores i just assume it is bowlmania or his realatives Nobody wearing masks at sporting events ever that I see . The grocery store crowd masker likely never ventures outside their home otherwise. Must be a riot wearing a mask when it is 100 out. Bowlmania 100 percent wears a mask alone in his car.

Yeah, must be covid.

Couldn't be someone with say cancer or some other disease that they're trying to protect themselves from.

You posted in another thread about how believers are just more kind in general and then you go and post this shit.

You are a hypocrite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT