ADVERTISEMENT

Covid is over

More Fauci complaining about Florida

Can't wait for my second trip down in three months in May
Just came back to Indy...F'ing snow! Really?

Just came back to Indy...F'ing snow! Really?

giphy.gif

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Fear. Spread it. Live in it. Forever.

Well Michigan has now hit new records on hospitalizations.

My family's practice has had 32 covid deaths to date. Worst story in the practice was a 45 year old fitness instructor with no known comorbidities..... covid > hospital > brain hemorrhage > mother had to decide to pull the plug on him.

No idea if he practiced explosive cardio in his instruction, however.

• Sad
Reactions: outside shooter

My family's practice has had 32 covid deaths to date. Worst story in the practice was a 45 year old fitness instructor with no known comorbidities..... covid > hospital > brain hemorrhage > mother had to decide to pull the plug on him.

Stories like this are so weird. Wonder if it’s a blood type or something

Strokes and clotting seem to be the most common health issues that result in death or serious hospitalization among the younger crowd.

Either way, Michigan was already decades behind in some respects and they are certainly losing many additional months relative to other states that remained or opened already with similar results.

Reactions: DANC
Were they previously vaccinated?

Sorry for the delay. New cases today -- a bunch of migrant workers are re-infecteds, having recovered a while ago. (They have not been jabbed.)

There is however a case of a man who had had his 2nd jab like a few weeks ago and now tested positive. :(

(Masks are mandatory and subjected to fines here.)

Reactions: Spartans9312

They say the most important factor is the amount of time spent indoors rather than how far apart people stand from one another.

"What our analysis continues to show is that many spaces that have been shut down in fact don't need to be," Bazant told CNBC

Florida’s hospitals are filling up again with COVID patients, and doctors fear coronavirus variants could be behind the uptick.
The number of patients hospitalized with the disease has been heading upward all month, even with a fourth of Floridians fully vaccinated and 2 million who already had COVID.
[...]
For a few weeks in March, South Florida hospital workers took a breath and thought the state was on the right track. But in April, the situation shifted again. As of Friday morning, about 3,500 people were hospitalized for COVID in Florida, a 16% increase from April 1. Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties lead the state in COVID hospitalizations, reporting a 12% increase from April 1.

Florida’s hospitals are filling up again with COVID patients, and doctors fear coronavirus variants could be behind the uptick.
The number of patients hospitalized with the disease has been heading upward all month, even with a fourth of Floridians fully vaccinated and 2 million who already had COVID.
[...]
For a few weeks in March, South Florida hospital workers took a breath and thought the state was on the right track. But in April, the situation shifted again. As of Friday morning, about 3,500 people were hospitalized for COVID in Florida, a 16% increase from April 1. Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties lead the state in COVID hospitalizations, reporting a 12% increase from April 1.
I’m surprised it’s not more with how packed and open fla is. My stoker’s sister got married down there last week. Their entire family went. Packed everywhere. No masks inside restaurants

[...]

don’t have to be in FL to see that. Went to the movies yesterday and some shows were packed. None of the people there were wearing masks right or distancing and many didn’t look like the type to get vaccinated

don’t have to be in FL to see that. Went to the movies yesterday and some shows were packed. None of the people there were wearing masks right or distancing and many didn’t look like the type to get vaccinated
Yep traffic here is back to pre Covid days on the streets. I presume that means people are back in offices

I’m surprised it’s not more with how packed and open fla is. My stoker’s sister got married down there last week. Their entire family went. Packed everywhere. No masks inside restaurants
Just wanted to counter the narrative that Covid is licked in FL when it is in fact making a resurgence.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Gretchen Whitmer had been asking the Feds for extra J&J doses specifically. Even if they gave them to her at this point, how many folks in Michigan would take them?
Isn't J&J HQ in Michigan? Grand Rapids?

Was just talking to my kid’s doc this morning about J & J. It’s a bummer bc you only need one of theirs. He was just saying that most the vaccines the kids get are on a 4 or 5 year track before they are approved. This was ridiculously fast.

I’ve posted elsewhere j and j has tens of thousands of lawsuits against them for negligence. Anyway shaming people who are reluctant to get a vaccine is foolish. We should all be reluctant. I’m still going to do it bc on balance the risk is worth it but these vaccines are hardly a no-brainer
When I got my first shot, they gave me a 2 page document, detailing how the FDA does NOT approve the vaccine (Pfizer).

So, it hasn't been officially approved - just OK to use because it's an 'emergency' situation.

When I got my first shot, they gave me a 2 page document, detailing how the FDA does NOT approve the vaccine (Pfizer).

So, it hasn't been officially approved - just OK to use because it's an 'emergency' situation.

Like many things you balance the risk. Getting vaccinated is a must but to act like there’s no risk or that doctors and scientists or companies don’t F up is childish. 15 million doses were contaminated. Shit happens

First I've heard of anything like that. Not my experience with my two Pfizer shots here in Bton.

First I've heard of anything like that. Not my experience with my two Pfizer shots here in Bton.

Danc’s understanding i believe is correct. You should have gotten a fact sheet. None of the vaccines are approved by the fda. Theyve only been green lighted for emergency use (EUA). They haven’t gone through the same type of review as an fda approved or cleared product.

There’s evidence that the vaccine reduces transmission to others. That’s enough for me. Absent that I wouldn’t get it. I’d rather take my chances with Covid - again.

Last edited:
Danc’s understanding i believe is correct. You should have gotten a fact sheet. None of the vaccines are approved by the fda. Theyve only been green lighted for emergency use (EUA). They haven’t gone through the same type of review as an fda approved or cleared product.

There’s evidence that the vaccine reduces transmission to others. That’s enough for me. Absent that I wouldn’t get it. I’d rather take my chances with Covid - again.
Perhaps I was presented with something when I signed up online, but there was nothing when I got the shots. Those were quick and straight to the point.

Just wanted to counter the narrative that Covid is licked in FL when it is in fact making a resurgence.

It will be interesting to see how far that resurgence goes. Right now, we're only talking 1/3 of the peak cases per capita in FL.

TX has had similar openness and cases continue to decline. Nothing makes sense and these so-called experts are useless against it.

I gave a software presentation to a J&J facility in Grand Rapids.

Evidently not the HQ, but they do manufacture in Meecheegan.
I think one of the vaccines is made in MI, not sure which. Regardless, the Feds own them. Michigan can't just get them because they're close by.
Many of the med device companies are in Indiana.
IIUC, Catalent here in Bloomington is a subcontractor for one of them, putting the juice in the bottles.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT