ADVERTISEMENT

Could you date someone with opposing political views?

I would only care if someone was so obsessed with political issues that it dominates their life, being the only thing they can think or talk about. Outside of someone who actually works in politics, that's a warning sign of someone either crazy or stupid. Probably both.
I think this is probably the best rule of thumb. To be honest, I think it'd be exhausting always talking about politics all the time even if my views aligned.

Funny thing happens when young progressives become successful business owners. I have client around 40. Crazy intelligent and was far left through college and immediately after college. He started a business and now has multiple companies and extremely successful. He’s Trump MAGA now.
I'm curious is your client married? Does he have kids?

I'm not sure why, but in my own personal circle, the successful people I know who are conservative or far-right aren't married and have no kids. I'm not sure what the correlation is there - or if there is one.

Funny thing happens when young progressives become successful business owners. I have client around 40. Crazy intelligent and was far left through college and immediately after college. He started a business and now has multiple companies and extremely successful. He’s Trump MAGA now.

I'm not sure why, but in my own personal circle, the successful people I know who are conservative or far-right aren't married and have no kids. I'm not sure what the correlation is there - or if there is one.
Farthest right guy I know is married to an Asian chick 40 years younger, third one in ten years, multiple kids, and a prior family. Has a framed pic of him and trump in the living room

He’s married with kids.

Farthest right guy I know is married to an Asian chick 40 years younger, third one in ten years, multiple kids, and a prior family. Has a framed pic of him and trump in the living room

MM66, curious about the criteria you used to declare a person to be the farthest to the right.

Framed photo of trump with him at a fundraiser
Drinks Crockett coffee
Filthy rich but sleeps on a mypillow
Has enough gold bars to make Fort Knox jealous
Uses Homelock
Maintains a huge gun safe
Has my patriot supply meals in garage

MM66, thanks enjoyed your post.

Had to Google Crockett Coffee as had never heard of it.

It is stuff like this which makes coming to The Cooler worthwhile and helps to make my day.

Had an attorney who was proud to have a photo of himself with Richard Nixon in his office. He wasn't pleased when I commented, "Van, you come off as looking sneakier than Nixon in this photo".

MM66, thanks enjoyed your post.

Had to Google Crockett Coffee as had never heard of it.

It is stuff like this which makes coming to The Cooler worthwhile and helps to make my day.

Had an attorney who was proud to have a photo of himself with Richard Nixon in his office. He wasn't pleased when I commented, "Van, you come off as looking sneakier than Nixon in this photo".
This guy is legitimately certifiable. Ordering Asian wives then shipping them back only to do it again. Then he sets them up back in china. Madness.

Think we can thank social media for this.

Should be called unsocial media when politics is thrown into the mix.
That’s part of it but young people are pretty aware of some things going on that directly impact them and their friends.

I was the opposite. Grew up Republican . It wasn’t until I started paying attention to the social aspects of politics that I switched and never looked back.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
This guy is legitimately certifiable. Ordering Asian wives then shipping them back only to do it again. Then he sets them up back in china. Madness.

Admit to having a penchant for unconventional certifiables.

My friends refer to them as "your friend" as in, "Have you seen your friend Char lately ?".
My conventional friends like to hear stories about them but avoid actual contact.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
My wife and I were just having this conversation the other night. We will have been married 33 years, next month. For the first 25, I was first a GOP guy and then a GOP-leaning independent. She has always been straight Dem. It was never a problem.

since 2016 I have drawn the line about remaining a GOP-leaning independent, when Trumpism emerged and when essentially all GOP candidates pledged loyalty not to their party or ideals but to Trump.

She said "I am so glad you aren't a Trumper. I don't think I could handle it if you were."

11ely2.jpg

I was the opposite. Grew up Republican . It wasn’t until I started paying attention to the social aspects of politics that I switched and never looked back.
I was just talking with a really good friend of mine I've known since first grade about this. I actually reached out to ask her the question I originally posted and she told me something similar to what you've posted here about herself.

Yeah it has nothing to do with suddenly a bunch of men thinking they can make decisions on women’s bodies. Thats exactly why young women are becoming activists. And they all have gay and trans friends whom they are tired of getting attacked.
We don't care if you go have a pap smear... We are worried about the babies body.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Closeted homosexuals, and incels. Stereotypical common perception of conservatives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohio Guy
How about having a Constutional Amendment granting personhood to the unborn at say sixteen weeks so the "baby" is protected in every state ?
I found out yesterday, that through a loop hole that a US Judge granted "personhood" to hippos in Columbia.
No, I am not making that up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT