ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

The tone from the administration has markedly changed today. There were Trumps much more somber comments, and this from the Surgeon General:

"We are at a critical inflection point in this country, people," U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams told Fox News. "When you look at the projections, there's every chance that we could be Italy."
People didn't get adequate warning to potentially spend the next six months holed up. It's fruitless to go on some political rant about who bungled it up but this is going to be really bad if the next fifteen days don't yield some results. Many if not most Americans aren't equipped financially to miss that much work.

TDS is how.... this should be the last of things that they try to use to discredit him. They are down to Hail Mary’s in hopes of a win in November. Nothing new here
Lol

Before corona Trump’s goose was cooked, despite the booming economy and stock market. Then corona came along giving Trump the golden egg he desperately needed to turn the tide back in his favor. All he had to do was follow the classic presidential script. But no ... He went and bungled thus so badly that he’ll be correctly blamed for the whole economic collapse.

Buh bye, orange tuba.

Reactions: Boilerscuz
I post this because, this is excellent. We need more of this in our culture right now. This video has gone viral. We're all going to be isolated and increasingly online. The more of our cultural icons that can post stuff like this, the more it might help everyone get on board. We'll be relying on each other virtually now, more than before.

I post this because, this is excellent. We need more of this in our culture right now. This video has gone viral. We're all going to be isolated and increasingly online. The more of our cultural icons that can post stuff like this, the more it might help everyone get on board. We'll be relying on each other virtually now, more than before.

Reactions: T.M.P.
The tone from the administration has markedly changed today. There were Trumps much more somber comments, and this from the Surgeon General:

"We are at a critical inflection point in this country, people," U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams told Fox News. "When you look at the projections, there's every chance that we could be Italy."

Our president has finally gone from his reelection year hype to the reality that his words have severe consequestions.

The way I've got it figured, me and SWMBO are going to have to die about ten years sooner than I'd planned. Or I could just snuggle up to some infectious sorority chick and get it over with. Wifey would probably be better off without having to clean up after my sorry ass and could live out her days comfortably.

I went to high school with the gal who was the first death in Indiana from COVID-19. She passed away this morning at Indianapolis Community East hospital. She was 67 year old; was not in the best of health and someone I knew, not very well, but well enough to be friends on FB. She posted on FB last Wednesday, when she went to Community East for what she thought might be pneumonia. Two days later, a relative posted on her account that she was on a ventilator and diagnosed with COVID-19. Sadly, she's now gone and it really has made the Corona virus very real for me. Everyone, be safe. Stay at home and away from the public as much as possible and wash your hands frequently. God Bless, to all.

There ya go. What a mess. I just got a text that my kid's school is closed until April 3. This is going to be a brutal few weeks gang lol.
It will be closed for the rest of the year. Be prepared.

Lol

Before corona Trump’s goose was cooked, despite the booming economy and stock market. Then corona came along giving Trump the golden egg he desperately needed to turn the tide back in his favor. All he had to do was follow the classic presidential script. But no ... He went and bungled thus so badly that he’ll be correctly blamed for the whole economic collapse.

Buh bye, orange tuba.
This is Obama's economy, no?

People didn't get adequate warning to potentially spend the next six months holed up. It's fruitless to go on some political rant about who bungled it up but this is going to be really bad if the next fifteen days don't yield some results. Many if not most Americans aren't equipped financially to miss that much work.
Indiana has waived some restrictions on getting UEI.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
My sister just messaged me to tell me there was a shooting in the local Meijer over some food items. The media is at fault.

My sister just messaged me to tell me there was a shooting in the local Meijer over some food items. The media is at fault.

Why on earth is the media at fault? Have you listened to Dr Fauci? Should the media cover him? When asked if hundreds of thousands could die, he said yes and it could be worse.

It appears to get people to hunker down and not go to Florida for vacation, they have to be scared.

Reactions: baileyiu
It will be closed for the rest of the year. Be prepared.
Agreed, and I'm not prepared, and I know that's my own fault. Lesson learned.... That said, a bit more notice would have been nice. My jaded side thinks the powers that be were cognizant of this scenario and were dilatory on putting us all on notice. We went from 0 to 60 in less than a week. I'll be fine, but a lot of people won't....and that's awful. Health obviously trumps economics but this could have been handled a hell of a lot better.

Last edited:
Why on earth is the media at fault? Have you listened to Dr Fauci? Should the media cover him? When asked if hundreds of thousands could die, he said yes and it could be worse.

It appears to get people to hunker down and not go to Florida for vacation, they have to be scared.
With my wife's office closed till April 1, I promise you the chance of coming in contact with cv19 for either of us has gone down dramatically. Now off to find some TP...

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
With my wife's office closed till April 1, I promise you the chance of coming in contact with cv19 for either of us has gone down dramatically. Now off to find some TP...

If I am lucky, I can finish what I need to at the office by Wednesday noon and work from home after that. I am adding disposable gloves to my work attire tomorrow.

TDS is how.... this should be the last of things that they try to use to discredit him. They are down to Hail Mary’s in hopes of a win in November. Nothing new here

giphy.gif

Funny.

It's a shame, though, that the government didn't come up with a simple educational campaign as instructive as this. Pence's and Trump's statements have not been universally consistent and universally accurate.

Hell, the government's coronavirus response is Pence's and Trump's own policy. How can Pence and Trump misdescribe their own policy (i.e. as to liberal availability of testing to name just one example) and then claim they haven't misled anybody?

It's a shame, though, that the government didn't come up with a simple educational campaign as instructive as this. Pence's and Trump's statements have not been universally consistent and universally accurate.

Hell, the government's coronavirus response is Pence's and Trump's own policy. How can Pence and Trump misdescribe their own policy (i.e. as to liberal availability of testing to name just one example) and then claim they haven't misled anybody?
That presupposes that trump even knows what the policy is - i think he gets the reader's digest version of sh*t then improvises.

We dont need any stinkin' gov't people telling us what to do! Freedom baybee!

Time and again, Trump has injected self-praise and bragging about the economy in response to questions about the steps he might take to fight the coronavirus. Obviously, he delayed doing more against the coronavirus to avoid messing up the economy, because he always points to a prospering economy as the best reason not to impeach him and to reelect him.

Ironically, by failing to take charge of the fight against the coronavirus as early as he should have, Trump (1) surrendered his chance to lead the anti-corona fight as state and local authorities began taking their own measures without waiting on Trump to act, and (2) appears to have delayed the duration of the looming economic downturn until the November election. He'll certainly get credit from unemployed voters for the downturn.

Trump discredited himself. Don't blame his critics. Trump is the only one who has derangement syndrome.

Please, lets not associate Reader's Digest with him. Its an insult to RD.
LOL I actually don't dislike Trump or his policies nearly as much as most on here. He's a type, and that type is poorly equipped to handle a challenge like the coronavirus. It presumably requires forethought, attention to details, trust in those who know more than you, and empathy - none of which are his strong suits....

LOL I actually don't dislike Trump or his policies nearly as much as most on here. He's a type, and that type is poorly equipped to handle a challenge like the coronavirus. It presumably requires forethought, attention to details, trust in those who know more than you, and empathy - none of which are his strong suits....

Yes but thats part of the remit of a POTUS. He clearly over-sold his capabilities/conned the nation or people didnt care as long as it ain't the other fella without doing any due diligence.

Obama was too professorial and was into too much details. Then people complained that he was trying o be too smart and a half.

Lol

Before corona Trump’s goose was cooked, despite the booming economy and stock market.

Buh bye, orange tuba.

The economy was good but “booming”? He gets credit from some as if he was performing some sort of economic miracle but look at Obama’s “disastrous” last few years vs the Trump era.
Average Jobs added per month......Obama added more
GDP growth.....very close
Deficit.....worse under Trump
Stock Market....Obama has had the percentage increase lead most of Trumps term. It is hilarious when he bragged about the highest “record” stock market over and over. That may have resonated with some but the market has historically Increased over time. Nearly every president has been in office when the market hit an all time high but he acts like it is some sort of historic achievement.

The point is that Trump did not create some sort of economic miracle. He juiced the economy with tax cuts and increased deficit spending, which is normally done in slow economies, but still just tread water vs. the last few years of the Obama era.

The economy was good but “booming”? He gets credit from some as if he was performing some sort of economic miracle but look at Obama’s “disastrous” last few years vs the Trump era.
Average Jobs added per month......Obama added more
GDP growth.....very close
Deficit.....worse under Trump
Stock Market....Obama has had the percentage increase lead most of Trumps term. It is hilarious when he bragged about the highest “record” stock market over and over. That may have resonated with some but the market has historically Increased over time. Nearly every president has been in office when the market hit an all time high but he acts like it is some sort of historic achievement.

The point is that Trump did not create some sort of economic miracle. He juiced the economy with tax cuts and increased deficit spending, which is normally done in slow economies, but still just tread water vs. the last few years of the Obama era.

This.

The way I've got it figured, me and SWMBO are going to have to die about ten years sooner than I'd planned. Or I could just snuggle up to some infectious sorority chick and get it over with. Wifey would probably be better off without having to clean up after my sorry ass and could live out her days comfortably.
I’ll invite one of the Italy girls over....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT