ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

6a00d83451c0aa69e20134867d5d5d970c-320wi

You sir are out of line again. What the hell does physics have to do with this issue.
Stop with the out-of-line BS. There’s one thing that’s out of line — any support at all for Trump. Everything else is trivial in comparison.

Your very essence is out of line by that measure.

Reactions: meridian
Americans are coming around, is my impression. Trump notwithstanding, and that’s a huge NOT, this will depend primarily on people being rational and not hysterical. Our nation is built for this moment. The essence of the American People will amply demonstrate just how minuscule a single president can be in the grand scheme of things. Just as the People can amplify the greatness of a president, they can likewise electron microscope his puniness.

Stop with the out-of-line BS. There’s one thing that’s out of line — any support at all for Trump. Everything else is trivial in comparison.

Your very essence is out of line by that measure.
OK, I didn't vote for Trump and don't support him but continue to make your judgments.

It sounds promising, but, responsibly, Dr. Fauci isn't willing to share too much optimism until we've had more clinical trials, unlike Trump who has been saying it might save us all. God I hope this might work.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
It sounds promising, but, responsibly, Dr. Fauci isn't willing to share too much optimism until we've had more clinical trials, unlike Trump who has been saying it might save us all. God I hope this might work.

he’s been very doom and gloom. I hope he’s wrong for our collective sake

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Here’s a composed view of our current situation and going forward.

If you notice, there are little measures taken to do containment like contact tracing -- assume for primary contacts but as contagious as it is, secondary contacts need to be managed too. You just cant rely on the healthcare professionals to do all this heavy lifting.

Other cogs of the government have to chip in is the police/FBI, IC and military.

Wait any longer then the numbers will just be too big then its unmanageable. And Italy on an epic scale.

The silly thing is that all that was mentioned in the article should have been part of the pandemic response task force.

If one segment of the population practices social distancing less than others and consequently contracts more cases of corona, is that natural selection?

From a subscription I subscribe to:

Diesse is developing a blood test for covid-19 detection, scheduled for distribution in April. The test is said to indicate whether a person has ever had covid-19 or is a carrier without symptoms. Testing today only indicates whether someone displaying symptoms actually has the disease.

Reactions: 76-1
I just read an article (I’m too dumb to know how to link it) that if the entire country played the freeze game for two weeks it would be gone. Pick a start date and for two weeks everyone literally stays in place at home (other than health care pros). No delivery, no stores, etc. Get enough groceries in advance of the date certain and lock down for two weeks. This seems entirely feasible to me with adequate notice and lead time.

I just read an article (I’m too dumb to know how to link it) that if the entire country played the freeze game for two weeks it would be gone. Pick a start date and for two weeks everyone literally stays in place at home (other than health care pros). No delivery, no stores, etc. Get enough groceries in advance of the date certain and lock down for two weeks. This seems entirely feasible to me with adequate notice and lead time.
Yes, possible if nobody went to a medical clinic or hospital or Pharmacy. Because that is not possible, that is not possible.

Yes, possible if nobody went to a medical clinic or hospital or Pharmacy. Because that is not possible, that is not possible.
We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself. Trump’s recent tweet. He also said a decision will be made at the end of the 15 day quarantine. Hmmmm. I wonder what that implies. I really don’t foresee a long shutdown under trump. I think he’d rather put people at risk then suffer a depression.

We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself. Trump’s recent tweet. He also said a decision will be made at the end of the 15 day quarantine. Hmmmm. I wonder what that implies. I really don’t foresee a long shutdown under trump. I think he’d rather put people at risk then suffer a depression.
Trying to get home through "essential" Atlanta traffic.

20200323-130803-2.jpg

It also would need to be done worldwide in a synchronized way or you'd still be spreading it via travel. Look at places like Singapore where they were able to arrest the community spread but now are seeing cases crop up from incoming travelers.

It also would need to be done worldwide in a synchronized way or you'd still be spreading it via travel. Look at places like Singapore where they were able to arrest the community spread but now are seeing cases crop up from incoming travelers.
Save the death total going through the roof in the next three weeks, I'll bet by the middle of April (at the latest) we're encouraged by trump to go back to work with masks and hand sanitizers etc. he'll declare the response too long, too broad, too burdensome, and ignore the health care officials.

Save the death total going through the roof in the next three weeks, I'll bet by the middle of April (at the latest) we're encouraged by trump to go back to work with masks and hand sanitizers etc. he'll declare the response too long, too broad, too burdensome, and ignore the health care officials.

Heard an epidemiologist today say it takes about 3 weeks for people to die from COVID and we're going to soon see a spike. Gave me chills to hear it. Praying for a cure.

That’s another part of the problem. The works can’t shutdown for months. It simply can’t. We’re not agrarian. We can’t feed ourselves.

If this continues we’re gonna need to make tough choices. Sheltering for months isn’t one of them.

90% of S'pore's imported cases in recent days did not show symptoms at checkpoints

yq-sgborders-23032020.jpg

In line with stiffer border controls to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, travellers entering Singapore, regardless of where they come from, are given a 14-day stay-home notice

Nine in 10 imported Covid-19 cases in Singapore between Wednesday (March 18) and Friday last week did not show symptoms, like fever, when they had passed through the border checkpoints.

Travellers into Singapore have to walk past thermal scanners, which would help identify those who are feverish. Those who are observed to be so, or have other respiratory symptoms will be required to do a Covid-19 swab test.

Singapore had 119 cases altogether in those three days, with 87 of them being imported cases, the ministry's figures show.

There have been mounting concerns that people with coronavirus may not show symptoms, such as fever, dry cough and shortness of breath.

Scientists are calling for urgent studies to determine the proportion of people with coronavirus who show no, or delayed, symptoms, amid fears that the number of silent carriers may be greater than previously thought.

See the various imported clusters:
https://infographics.channelnewsasi...??cid=h3_referral_inarticlelinks_24082018_cna

(In two cases, one traveller then proceeded to infect like 15 to 20 other contacts.)

We are about 2 to 2/12 months ahead of the American curve. This is our 2nd wave. The initial1st wave is bad enough on the economy but if you are going to shut down every person from travelling in or out of the country, it would be devastating for a trading nation like Singapore.

Global cooperation is the only way to do this but that requires either documented quarantine prior to flying or at the hotel abroad. Plus possible rapid tests with real-time results. I know of a couple of companies in Korea and in Europe that have them but its like 20 to 45mins on the spot and I am not sure about their accuracy. Nevertheless, imagine the queues at the immigration?

Or any flights within the EU or the States? Intra-State travel like banning all from the most infected state ie NY to anywhere within the States? Get them tested before flying?

If some variance of the Singapore's 2nd Wave is to hit the rest of the world a few months later, the tightest of cooperation is required. Otherwise, this pandemic will carry on easily for another year or so when the vaccine is expected.

Problem is that by then, all ICUs across the world would be hit past their critical capacity levels -- and by then you have an Italian meltdown scenario but across multiple nations.

Also, what does the American Gov't do about the under/uninsureds? Trying to vaccinate 330million people is quite an endeavour. You still have people who don't believe in vaccinations who then could later be silent carriers.

Some interesting stats/info:

Why Germany’s coronavirus death rate is so much lower than other countries’ rates

BERLIN — For weeks, virologists here have been asked a persistent question: Why, compared to other countries, are so few of the Germans who are diagnosed with the coronavirus dying?

The biggest reason for the difference, infectious disease experts say, is Germany’s work in the early days of its outbreak to track, test and contain infection clusters. That means Germany has a truer picture of the size of its outbreak than places that test only the obviously symptomatic, most seriously ill or highest-risk patients.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...o2QBk7KKJaknXJAEnaeigJcyZ73jbbcxDSCvTz99T54Og

Bolsonaro says he 'wouldn't feel anything' if infected with Covid-19 and attacks state lockdowns
Brazil’s president uses national televised address to dismiss state-based health measures ‘scorched earth’ tactics

Brazil’s far-right president, Jair Bolsonaro, has claimed he “wouldn’t feel anything” if infected with coronavirus and rubbished efforts to contain the illness with large-scale quarantines as his country’s two biggest cities went into shutdown in a desperate bid to save lives.

In a televised address to the nation on Tuesday night, Bolsonaro slammed what he branded the economically damaging “scorched earth” tactics being used to slow the advance of an illness that has now claimed about 15,000 lives around the world.

“The virus has arrived and we are fighting it and soon it will pass,” claimed Bolsonaro, who is facing a growing backlash in Brazil for repeatedly dismissing coronavirus as a media “fantasy” and “trick”.

Hmmm... sounds so familiar. Where have I heard this before?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT