ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

Best practices as an individual. Epidemiologists don’t manage individual behavior. They manage public health behavior. You still haven’t given a plan for managing this.
As far as how long? I wouldn’t have any idea. That’s why I listen to experts who do instead of buying into hare brained conspiracies.
You admit that we have no idea what the scope of the epidemic is or will be before it’s over so what’s the plan?
Use soap.

Good post and the bigger issue isn't that it simply can affect the individual who is making the choice. Spreading/carrying the virus is part of the problem, but it conflicts directly with individual freedom.

But does individual freedom come at the cost of community good or what I call being American? One's emotive and the other is real.

Use soap.

and-if-you-believe-that-i-have-a-bridge-to-sell-you

To be honest, I am an ensalada of pronunciation. I do change it when I am in the UK and my accent. Its called adaption.
I have what they call a Mid-Atlantic accent in the States.

My ex was so good at adaption, if you spoke to her on the phone, you sounded 100% Singaporean. She used to shock people when they meet a blonde and blue-eyed woman instead.

We do it because you get tired after a year or two of explaining your background. You want to have a convo beyond that.

All travel from Europe, except UK, suspended for 30 days. Trump now part of hoax.

Strange -- UK is starting to blow up and predicting some crazy numbers in the next three weeks.

Coronavirus: NHS bosses warn hospitals over intensive care demand surge
Health service to hold large-scale simulation to ‘stress test the system’ ahead of a predicted coronavirus surge in coming weeks

NHS hospitals have been told to expect a “several-fold” increase in demand for intensive care beds during a serious coronavirus outbreak.

Professor Keith Willett, NHS England’s incident director for the coronavirus outbreak, told a secret briefing of chief nurses from across the NHS that they needed to prepare now for the unprecedented demand which could overwhelm existing critical care services.

Sources who were in the briefing told The Independent Prof Willett warned the demand was likely to be not just double but “several fold” the existing 4,000 intensive care beds in the NHS.

Prof Willett said the NHS will also be holding large-scale simulations next week for an expected coronavirus surge in an effort to “stress test the system” ahead of rising cases of infection.

If the predictions are right the NHS will likely be forced to cancel large numbers of operations and re-deploy nurses and doctors.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
Thanks for the enlightening answer. I’m also curious about all the media who are lying and telling everyone we are all going to die. Can you provide access some of those stories? Links are fine.
What's your plan, friendo?

Strange -- UK is starting to blow up and predicting some crazy numbers in the next three weeks.

Health service to hold large-scale simulation to ‘stress test the system’ ahead of a predicted coronavirus surge in coming weeks

NHS hospitals have been told to expect a “several-fold” increase in demand for intensive care beds during a serious coronavirus outbreak.

Professor Keith Willett, NHS England’s incident director for the coronavirus outbreak, told a secret briefing of chief nurses from across the NHS that they needed to prepare now for the unprecedented demand which could overwhelm existing critical care services.

Sources who were in the briefing told The Independent Prof Willett warned the demand was likely to be not just double but “several fold” the existing 4,000 intensive care beds in the NHS.

Prof Willett said the NHS will also be holding large-scale simulations next week for an expected coronavirus surge in an effort to “stress test the system” ahead of rising cases of infection.

If the predictions are right the NHS will likely be forced to cancel large numbers of operations and re-deploy nurses and doctors.

Strange? I think we all know what the answer is.

Likely a similar issue here. Another good piece:

https://www.fast.ai/2020/03/09/coro...yF7iVBwBUJxi3CkRe-FLYxqLORh5ibuwto5iyhWb0oYjk

image3.jpeg

Nobody knows how many people have this virus. The higher that number goes, the lower the death rate goes. Nobody reports how many get the virus and recover. This is being done on purpose. The 19 in Covid 19 denotes the fact that its (Co)(Vi)D 2019 version. It's a contagious form of common virus. It's not a death sentence.
That's horseshit. I for one know that the containment fantasy isn't likely to come true. So, being vigilant is the order of the day, but shutting down the world's economy over it is stoopid.
Actually, the lethality rate of the virus used to be around 2%, and now with more diagnoses, it’s above 3%. It’s not a common form of virus. Corona viruses are a “thing” and have been for a long time, but this one is much deadlier than most and is more akin to SARS and other lethal viruses. The world mobilized to contain those and succeeded. You’re pushing back. Why? What is wrong with you?

Actually, the lethality rate of the virus used to be around 2%, and now with more diagnoses, it’s above 3%. It’s not a common form of virus. Corona viruses are a “thing” and have been for a long time, but this one is much deadlier than most and is more akin to SARS and other lethal viruses. The world mobilized to contain those and succeeded. You’re pushing back. Why? What is wrong with you?

The damn virus is a foreign/Chinese/democrat agent.

Build that bloody WALL.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
The damn virus is a foreign/Chinese/democrat agent.

Build that bloody WALL.
No, no, you don’t get it. The virus is real. It’s just no big deal because the media is lying to us about how serious it is in order instill fear and control us by making us telecommute.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT