ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching...

First off, better teams would only include the top 10 in the big 10, low bar for our sorry ass expectations
Again, this team and coach have given no fan any reason that they will make the tournament this season
Only people thinking so are blind optimists
Results say otherwise without contradiction

But we went 7 n 0 against cupcakes!

At what point will he be proven a dud? And, FTR, I’m not just talking about this game. His whole body of work at IU has left a whole lot to be desired.

Oh, and if you listen to Fred Glass, he doesn’t need to make the tourney. That’s my frustration: no demands, low expectations. Why?

I’m always reminded of how UNC dealt with Doherty. Every program that wants to be consistently good should’ve taken heed.

That's water under the bridge.... what you are describing is basically what should have occurred with Mike Davis.

As we sit here today that's irrelevant. IU hasn't been a high level power for 25 years and counting. Just churning through coaches every 3 years trying to prove to people that you think you are elite does nothing, and is likely counterproductive.

The Indiana brand is dead when it comes to national recruiting. We are just another B1G school, and will have to hopefully slowly build up something respectable again.

I read nothing past “Defense was supposed to improve...” If you can’t see the improvement you are a moron. You just bitch about everything that doesn’t go well. Wipe the tears

You don’t have a clue. Shut up for once and quit with this insufferable nonsense.

Reactions: hoosier8760
That's water under the bridge.... what you are describing is basically what should have occurred with Mike Davis.

As we sit here today that's irrelevant. IU hasn't been a high level power for 25 years and counting. Just churning through coaches every 3 years trying to prove to people that you think you are elite does nothing, and is likely counterproductive.

The Indiana brand is dead when it comes to national recruiting. We are just another B1G school, and will have to hopefully slowly build up something respectable again.

For such a backer of IU you sure are the negative loser on the board. And I don’t care how LONG you’ve been a member. That means nothing as you prefer to be negative than positive for this current IU team.

Man..... the first stinker game of the year (and that was a pure stinker) and all the familiar rats crawl out of their holes and start shitting everywhere.

Thankfully we have your dumba## spending time justifying another crappy basketball team. You can’t sneak anything past you.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
For such a backer of IU you sure are the negative loser on the board. And I don’t care how LONG you’ve been a member. That means nothing as you prefer to be negative than positive for this current IU team.

That’s funny you feel that way. Read his posts again. He’s actually embraced the mediocrity that you’re defending. It is a loser’s mentality, but at least he isn’t pissing on us and telling us it’s raining like you and your ilk...

I don't know, the past 2 years were ugly and today looked alot like the past 2 years. I hope Miller becomes better than Holtmann, right now though, I would trade Ohio State straight up. I turned the game off today after 5 minutes, you could tell that quickly that we were done.

It probably would not be fair under normal circumstances for people to go negative so quickly but I do not think we are in normal circumstances. This program has flat out stunk since Sampson was fired. People lose their shit at the first sign of trouble each year because that has been the trend for the past 20 years.

They say respect is earned, I would say patience and understanding are earned as well. I think Miller burned through whatever patience was left last year. In order to get respect he needs to start winning now...and not running it up against bad teams, he needs to start taking care of business in conference against teams with a pulse. Today was ugly, people are going to be pissed.

The sad thing (even more sad and does not help reassure going forward...)
Is that we had 35 min left of game to give effort and get back into it. Its not like this all happened in the end of the game and we were dazzled and panicked...
We had a couple timeouts in the first half to get it together.
Then we had a 15 min halftime break.
Even with 10 min left the announcers were acting like the game was over bc we were down 30 when truth is we could have rallied back for a win, or absolute bare minimum got it within double digits. We werent up against some elite team that would absolutely 100% halt any kind of run with 10 min left.
But nope , no , Nope and never was IU ever going to show any effort.
But some still feel this game was nothing to be concered over.
Just a tough trap opening big ten road game...

Reactions: Cavanagh

I don't know if you just have reading comprehension issues or what. I'm basically arguing for patience, rather than the sky is falling, fire the coach, etc, etc.... that we get after every bad outing.

So you think this a t-ment.
I don’t based on 2 years +
Let’s save this, loser apologizes and goes away
By the way, I hope you win because I love IU
Tired of losing, excuses and watches tons of other programs in worse shape than us blow past us
Is that bad poetry, a really bad haiku, horrible interpretive prose, or just plain frontier gibberish?

Regardless, it's dumb.

Reactions: twenty02
I live in Ohio and I taught at OSU for three years. I know many OSU fans and people at OSU, they almost unanimously wanted Miller to replace Matta if he left, but the timing worked out better for IU to get Miller. He was considered the hottest prospect at the time. Since I live in Dayton and saw Miller’s UD team play often, Miller was my first choice to replace Crean. Saying we passed up Holtmann is a bit of revisionist history. Holtmann had a much better roster to start with than Miller and it’s far to early to think we didn’t get the better coach.

I like you Aloha but it’s pretty obvious who the better coach is. OSU has similar talent to IU and they are a top 5 team. The issue is we have looked like a poorly coached team way to often. It’s year 3 and people are still discussing if we will make the tourney. OSU might have the the best team in the country for comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cavanagh
it’s the “how.” That’s a calling card line for the emotionally stunted. Lolol. “How.” Hahahaha.
My god do you defend everything iubball? You and your fn snide remarks. Why do u feel that it’s not ok for some fans to have a bad reaction to this loss? Oh ya bc you saw it coming and we’re all dumbasses. What an arrogant comment. I saw this loss comin therefore I’m ok with it. Where do u draw the line with this team? Can you actually answer that without sounding like a smart ass teenager that needs his ass beat?

[

I don't know if you just have reading comprehension issues or what. I'm basically arguing for patience, rather than the sky is falling, fire the coach, etc, etc.... that we get after every bad outing.

Dude you said this..

“The Indiana brand is dead when it comes to national recruiting. We are just another B1G school, and will have to hopefully slowly build up something respectable again.”

This is NOT A POSITIVE POST. All your posts I’ve seen are all jerky responses about this team. But I don’t care to deal with jerks like you anymore who think they are cooler than the other side of the pillow. On ignore. Thx goodness DONT have to read your drivel anymore

Thankfully we have your dumba## spending time justifying another crappy basketball team. You can’t sneak anything past you.
Point of order!

Twenty is far smarter than you. Regardless of his opinion on basketball vs yours, his intelligence is far beyond yours. You lose validity making those kind of remarks.

Why don't you stick to basketball? Oh yea, because you like most of the dumb crowd barely know anything about the game, and can't control your emotions well enough to actually reason.

Think like a man for once and quit reacting to your self induced pain like an emotionally compromised little girl.

No some of us are not hysterical children stamping our feet one bad outing. Give me a string of them like last year and I am there with you. The team I saw Tuesday makes me suspect that will not happen.
The team I saw Tuesday was sloppy and was bailed out by DG going off. FSU shot themselves in the foot a lot in that game and I believe they’re not as good as some think..could be wrong.

Reactions: debtslave
Point of order!

Twenty is far smarter than you. Regardless of his opinion on basketball vs yours, his intelligence is far beyond yours. You lose validity making those kind of remarks.

Why don't you stick to basketball? Oh yea, because you like most of the dumb crowd barely know anything about the game, and can't control your emotions well enough to actually reason.

Think like a man for once and quit reacting to your self induced pain like an emotionally compromised little girl.
The dumb crowd? Man if you only knew what we called your crowd! You pussies would prolly cry

We JUST beat Louisville last season. No way there that far ahead of us. Time will tell. Even after a shitty loss. Hell, Louisville lost UM, who nobody expected to be good

point... way too early to tell about IU. Good game, bad game. As long as we don’t lose 12/13 good chance we can get 20-24 wins. Time will tell
You honestly believe what you just typed; just wow
Good for you

Is that bad poetry, a really bad haiku, horrible interpretive prose, or just plain frontier gibberish?

Regardless, it's dumb.
Bad typing
Tournament team?

Regardless, it's dumb.
T-ment
And watching
Better?
Again, make t-ment I apologize and leave
Miss, you apologize and leave
Either way I’ll work on my typing skills for you

Point of order!

You’re a deranged weirdo who posts under dozens of random internet names 10’s of thousands of times on an IU forum. You didn’t even go to IU. Shut up for once.

Last edited:

That's bullshit, if Calipari left UK this moment and announced he was coming to IU there's no doubt we'd be a pre-season top 10 team based on what he could recruit in the next 10 months. The problem is coaching and recruiting

My god do you defend everything iubball? You and your fn snide remarks. Why do u feel that it’s not ok for some fans to have a bad reaction to this loss? Oh ya bc you saw it coming and we’re all dumbasses. What an arrogant comment. I saw this loss comin therefore I’m ok with it. Where do u draw the line with this team? Can you actually answer that without sounding like a smart ass teenager that needs his ass beat?

Losing at Wisconsin — where a lot of teams lose — and then reading my non-reaction (like it or not, the jury’s still out on Archie) makes you want to beat a teenager’s ass? First off, weird. Secondly, aww puddums. What an emotional roller coaster this week must have been for you. Get some sleep, little soldier. Lol.

So you think this a t-ment.
I don’t based on 2 years +
Let’s save this, loser apologizes and goes away
By the way, I hope you win because I love IU
Tired of losing, excuses and watches tons of other programs in worse shape than us blow past us

tired of losing at Wisconsin? So is the rest of the big ten. Do you follow our league at all?

tons of programs have blown right by us? Archie’s been here 2 years and 9 games. Fair to put the last 30 years on him? Maybe let’s at least finish the year? We don’t make the tourney, he’s on the hot seat for year 4. Seems fair enough. So beating your chest and making absolute statements on an anonymous internet board just makes you feel good? Cool.

tired of losing at Wisconsin? So is the rest of the big ten. Do you follow our league at all?

tons of programs have blown right by us? Archie’s been here 2 years and 9 games. Fair to put the last 30 years on him? Maybe let’s at least finish the year? We don’t make the tourney, he’s on the hot seat for year 4. Seems fair enough. So beating your chest and making absolute statements on an anonymous internet board just makes you feel good? Cool.

Mrs. Miller.... Is that you ?

Man..... the first stinker game of the year (and that was a pure stinker) and all the familiar rats crawl out of their holes and start shitting everywhere.
Didn't you lose a permanent ban bet last season if IU missed the tourney? Why is it so hard to honor the bet?

IU just upset a good Florida st team earlier in the week.
IU was a slight favorite vs FSU. This Wisconsin game a pick 'em yet ended up a 20 point blowout.
you can’t drone on about firing Allen anymore. Can’t even really say Glass is incompetent anymore more after 8 wins in football. I guess Archie will have to do until he makes the tourney with a decent seed this year. Your dog should run away now. Lolz.
I'll type this with a straight face; Glass is (still) incompetent. An 8 win flukey season in football, which had the once in a lifetime odds of the easiest schedule known to mankind, was mainly due to the OC and not the head coach. If Deboer leaves, things will get much harder going forward.
Doherty won 8 games his last season. Bit of a stretch, huh? Lolol
Not true. Second season.
I would suggest you get a life and quit basing your well being on a bunch of 20 year olds jock straps. I know you are a big Notre Dame football fan. Do you go on the Notre Dame boards and throw the same hissy fits about the underachieving Brian Kelly?
ND just had an undefeated season last season and lost to eventual champ Clemson in the playoffs.
We JUST beat Louisville last season. No way there that far ahead of us. Time will tell. Even after a shitty loss. Hell, Louisville lost UM, who nobody expected to be good

point... way too early to tell about IU. Good game, bad game. As long as we don’t lose 12/13 good chance we can get 20-24 wins. Time will tell
Louisville did not lose to UM. But both of those teams are better than IU right now, no question about it.
This thread is great. Moderators need to lock it and preserve it so we can all refer to it to see who the anti-IU trolls are. This thread is full of them.
So, wanting a better team, coach and results is anti-IU trolling? Spectacular logic from a guy who said in the past no way Trump would be the Republican nominee a few years ago.
Point of order!

You sure have a lot of nerve attacking anyone about basketball smarts, street smarts, etc. Care to share your preseason coach of the year prediction (Archie) from last season again? What about IU's (undefeated) home record? Top notch stuff as most will recall. Post less and observe more is the lesson of the day for you.

You sure have a lot of nerve attacking anyone about basketball smarts, street smarts, etc. Care to share your preseason coach of the year prediction (Archie) from last season again? What about IU's (undefeated) home record? Top notch stuff as most will recall. Post less and observe more is the lesson of the day for you.
lol ....

You're emotional

Get some big girl panties.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT