ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching...

I would suggest you get a life and quit basing your well being on a bunch of 20 year olds jock straps. I know you are a big Notre Dame football fan. Do you go on the Notre Dame boards and throw the same hissy fits about the underachieving Brian Kelly?
He is 32-6 the last 3 years

No some of us are not hysterical children stamping our feet one bad outing. Give me a string of them like last year and I am there with you. The team I saw Tuesday makes me suspect that will not happen.

The team that played Marquette last year disappeared never to be seen again. Let’s hope history doesn’t repeat itself.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
The point is...nobody was saying “He should get another year.”

We should not be afraid to cut bait quicker than we have been of late. Archie should not be around next year if we miss the tourney again. Three straight years of no tourney should be enough to warrant termination.

This isn’t Penn State. And it’s not really that difficult to simply make the field.

Archie Miller wouldn’t have taken the PSU job. Lol. And I haven’t seen that we’re out of this year’s tourney yet. Was the selection show right after the game? Man, you guys love your hypotheticals. Lol.

why Didn’t OSu and Louisville rebuild not take long?

We JUST beat Louisville last season. No way there that far ahead of us. Time will tell. Even after a shitty loss. Hell, Louisville lost UM, who nobody expected to be good

point... way too early to tell about IU. Good game, bad game. As long as we don’t lose 12/13 good chance we can get 20-24 wins. Time will tell

We JUST beat Louisville last season. No way there that far ahead of us. Time will tell. Even after a shitty loss. Hell, Louisville lost UM, who nobody expected to be good

point... way too early to tell about IU. Good game, bad game. As long as we don’t lose 12/13 good chance we can get 20-24 wins. Time will tell
As much as Im anti-Archie, even after todays game I still think we win 20+,...22+ even, and make the tourney.

I dont know if Archie can find a way to let Mike Roberts scout and game-plan vs every team we play though. That may be the difference in Archies continuance.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
Theres a difference tho between playing great or merely good and losing to a better team... And playing bad or horrible and losing* to a worse talented team.

Iu was already going to struggle afer coming off that fsu game against the big ten because the big ten is loaded this year.

This IU team only now only compounds the problems dramatically weve learned after watching this game.

Being down by as many as 30 and continuing to get blown out shows this team WILL BE highly vulnerable.

You are highly vulnerable to not being faithful. Blowing with the winds after a loss, or win. Step back. Take a deep breath. Count to ten. All will be ok with IU and your little world

Some fans on here are bipolar- they want to act like we’re still some top tier program, but then defend and tolerate things other top tier programs wouldn’t put up with. Acting like if we some how get in the tournament, we’ve accomplished something. There was a time it was expected. Hope is not a strategy. Indiana hoops used to mean something. It’s comical now. We’re essentially a high level mid major. In results and what the fans are happy with.

Some fans on here are bipolar- they want to act like we’re still some top tier program, but then defend and tolerate things other top tier programs wouldn’t put up with. Acting like if we some how get in the tournament, we’ve accomplished something. There was a time it was expected. Hope is not a strategy. Indiana hoops used to mean something. It’s comical now. We’re essentially a high level mid major. In results and what the fans are happy with.
Who said we are happy with it. Doesn't mean I have to freak out over one loss.

As much as Im anti-Archie, even after todays game I still think we win 20+,...22+ even, and make the tourney.

I dont know if Archie can find a way to let Mike Roberts scout and game-plan vs every team we play though. That may be the difference in Archies continuance.
What specifically drives you to be so “anti-Archie”?

What specifically drives you to be so “anti-Archie”?
There is a lot...just search my posts over the last two years...

Example tonite:
We go on a 4-0 run on sloppy Wisc play...Gard calls timeout
Wisc goes on 15 pt run...play continues...

Defense was supposedly to improve’cuz Archie is hardnosed’ ...it hasnt

Turnovers would improve because ‘Archie values the ball’...it hasnt

So really all the Anti-Crean statements have not improved...except recruiting the state...which I view as an outdated thought as well...

I fail to see how the IU program is better today than at any moment in the years past Crean’s 3rd year. Anyone saying other is projecting.

Reactions: hoosier8760
There is a lot...just search my posts over the last two years...

Example tonite:
We go on a 4-0 run on sloppy Wisc play...Gard calls timeout
Wisc goes on 15 pt run...play continues...

Defense was supposedly to improve’cuz Archie is hardnosed’ ...it hasnt

Turnovers would improve because ‘Archie values the ball’...it hasnt

So really all the Anti-Crean statements have not improved...except recruiting the state...which I view as an outdated thought as well...

I fail to see how the IU program is better today than at any moment in the years past Crean’s 3rd year. Anyone saying other is projecting.
I read nothing past “Defense was supposed to improve...” If you can’t see the improvement you are a moron. You just bitch about everything that doesn’t go well. Wipe the tears

I read nothing past “Defense was supposed to improve...” If you can’t see the improvement you are a moron. You just bitch about everything that doesn’t go well. Wipe the tears
The 3-point D today didn’t resemble IPFW/INSt and other Year 1 D?

No he’s 100% correct. At the rate it’s going Archie’s tenure here will end in firing. Sooner rather than later. I’m not saying at the end of this year...but things need to start changing. It wasn’t THAT we lost...it was HOW we lost. Some of you are too dense to realize that.
Some people play the long game, and some are emotional little girls who react irrationally to slightest bump. (You and all morons whom”liked” your stupid post)

If I recall correctly, Fred was about winning B10 championships and being in the national discussion. Does anyone really see that happening this year, next , or even year 5? I think we know the answer, and we’re just starting Crean 2.0

This thread is great. Moderators need to lock it and preserve it so we can all refer to it to see who the anti-IU trolls are. This thread is full of them.

If you can’t see the improvement you are a moron.

It doesnt take much to crunch better numbers than Creans...
It hasnt improved to the level it was said it would when Miller was hired.

Its very inconsistent.

If you have to ask, remind, or point out for IU to play good defense against upcoming opponent (such as members on this board so often do).. Its obvious its very inconsistent and far from elite or even great

Reactions: cryano

see Kentucky and Duke. Blue bloods losing at home to nobody’s. Sh!t Happens to every team.

tonight’s loss to Wisky isn’t a deal breaker on this team having a fine season.

They Louisville and OSU had more talent I’d just not totally correct. Either way the coaching difference is obvious.

Wesson. and Hummer are the only 2 seniors on the team. Wesson is pretty good but everyone else on that team was brought in by Holtmann. If he has better players now than Miller, it is because he recruited better.

It doesnt take much to crunch better numbers than Creans...
It hasnt improved to the level it was said it would when Miller was hired.

Its very inconsistent.

If you have to ask, remind, or point out for IU to play good defense against upcoming opponent (such as members on this board so often do).. Its obvious its very inconsistent and far from elite or even great
You are an obvious troll, and have been as long as you have been here. Keep trying to change the narrative and the only reason you aren’t blocked is because I wanted to keep as least one major anti-IU dip shit available for my reading pleasure.

You are an obvious troll, and have been as long as you have been here. Keep trying to change the narrative and the only reason you aren’t blocked is because I wanted to keep as least one major anti-IU dip shit available for my reading pleasure.

For someone who lectures realist's about "feelings" over a loss in game so much you sure are triggered...

Yawn. Sorry you thought the rotting corpse of Crean’s last team would magically become a fundamentally sound team in year one or two. That’s on you.

It's year 3.

Today cannot become a regularity. If that horrible ass Wisconsin team could lay 20 on us, what do you think Holtmann (a guy we passed up) and OSU are going to do? 40 or 50?

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
It's year 3.

Today cannot become a regularity. If that horrible ass Wisconsin team could lay 20 on us, what do you think Holtmann (a guy we passed up) and OSU are going to do? 40 or 50?
I live in Ohio and I taught at OSU for three years. I know many OSU fans and people at OSU, they almost unanimously wanted Miller to replace Matta if he left, but the timing worked out better for IU to get Miller. He was considered the hottest prospect at the time. Since I live in Dayton and saw Miller’s UD team play often, Miller was my first choice to replace Crean. Saying we passed up Holtmann is a bit of revisionist history. Holtmann had a much better roster to start with than Miller and it’s far to early to think we didn’t get the better coach.

It's year 3.

What are you talking about? This was a road game, right? You guys are too much. Lol.

Gotta understand guys this is a serious rebuild
Absolutely right, no decent coach in Div1 b-ball has ever had solid conference and tournament success in 3 years. These things take 6-7 years. Some have even had to take over rosters with only 5-6 returning contributors. The IU job was the most overwhelming rebuild in recent college basketball history. Why should any rational IU fan expect decent results in such a short timeframe. No other pro
Every year??? He’s been here two years and 8 games. Lol
Holtmann, Mack and the 5-10 other examples of guys who have done more with less inherited than CAM

I live in Ohio and I taught at OSU for three years. I know many OSU fans and people at OSU, they almost unanimously wanted Miller to replace Matta if he left, but the timing worked out better for IU to get Miller. He was considered the hottest prospect at the time. Since I live in Dayton and saw Miller’s UD team play often, Miller was my first choice to replace Crean. Saying we passed up Holtmann is a bit of revisionist history. Holtmann had a much better roster to start with than Miller and it’s far to early to think we didn’t get the better coach.

I don't know, the past 2 years were ugly and today looked alot like the past 2 years. I hope Miller becomes better than Holtmann, right now though, I would trade Ohio State straight up. I turned the game off today after 5 minutes, you could tell that quickly that we were done.

It probably would not be fair under normal circumstances for people to go negative so quickly but I do not think we are in normal circumstances. This program has flat out stunk since Sampson was fired. People lose their shit at the first sign of trouble each year because that has been the trend for the past 20 years.

They say respect is earned, I would say patience and understanding are earned as well. I think Miller burned through whatever patience was left last year. In order to get respect he needs to start winning now...and not running it up against bad teams, he needs to start taking care of business in conference against teams with a pulse. Today was ugly, people are going to be pissed.

Last edited:
he needs to make the tourney. I just don’t this this loss at Wisconsin means we won’t make it. Weird so many do.

Archie may prove to be a dud but put this loss in a vacuum and it means very little. Better teams than IU will lose there this season.
First off, better teams would only include the top 10 in the big 10, low bar for our sorry ass expectations
Again, this team and coach have given no fan any reason that they will make the tournament this season
Only people thinking so are blind optimists
Results say otherwise without contradiction

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
I don't know, the past 2 years were ugly and today looked alot like the past 2 years. I hope Miller becomes better than Holtmann, right now though, I would trade Ohio State straight up. I turned the game off today after 5 minutes, you could tell that quickly that we were done.

It probably would not be fair under normal circumstances for people to go negative so quickly but I do not think we are in normal circumstances. This program has flat out stunk since Sampson was fired. People lose their shit at the first sign of trouble each year because that has been the trend for the past 20 years.
Well, we should never have hired Sampson, but I get frustration. I don’t get the emotional roller coaster that some of the folks here seem to be riding. I truly enjoyed Miller’s first year at IU as he got the team to value the basketball and play defense over the course of the season. Last year wasn’t as enjoyable, but given the significant injuries, it wasn’t nearly as unforgivable as some seem to think it was. This year, the team has looked very much improved as I expected with the exception of this ONE game. One game isn’t enough to make a decision on this team one way or the other. I’ll stay off that emotional roller coaster for several more games. I remain optimistic.

Archie Miller wouldn’t have taken the PSU job. Lol. And I haven’t seen that we’re out of this year’s tourney yet. Was the selection show right after the game? Man, you guys love your hypotheticals. Lol.
So you think this a t-ment.
I don’t based on 2 years +
Let’s save this, loser apologizes and goes away
By the way, I hope you win because I love IU
Tired of losing, excuses and watches tons of other programs in worse shape than us blow past us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT