ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching...

Loss. We only had one yesterday, And only have one this season.

Christ, 5 days ago you said we were deep and talented. Now we're trash. Make up your mind.

we are experienced, deep and talented. Offensively we seem to be much improved this year, clearly with better movement. Our rebounding has been solid, our ability to get to the line elite.

our defense has elite potential, but we haven’t shown it. Defensively we WERE trash versus the non explosive Badgers. Even versus FSU, we had some severe defensive lapses. Durham and Brunk have hurt us defensively all year. Not having Phin out there really hurt us on D.

My expectations for this year aren’t going to come crashing down b/c of one game. We better get our D fixed though, and RP back. Our schedule WAS trash and we will lag teams like Wisky, PU, MSU. I’d rather be 5-4 (1-0) than 8-1 ((0-1).

An 8-1 IU team that just obliterated a hot FSU team but then coughed up a clunker in Madison the first road game doesn’t need to be defending much. Lololol.
Maybe the AD and coach should schedule a better pre - BIG schedule to PREPARE the team for the BIG instead of fluffing the wins with the cup cakes.

Man..... the first stinker game of the year (and that was a pure stinker) and all the familiar rats crawl out of their holes and start shitting everywhere.
Exactly. Like clockwork. They had nothing at all to say, but lose a game and out they come. Ignore anything positive. I bet each of them is a whiny little bitch at their mall job.

Loss. We only had one yesterday, And only have one this season.

Christ, 5 days ago you said we were deep and talented. Now we're trash. Make up your mind.
Several people on here have the aptitude of a squirrel. Can’t see anything past what is right in front of them at that moment. This last game clearly sucked. And I am certain we will have a couple more crummy performances this year. If we crap the sheets in the long game, and miss the tourney again, CAM had better be ready for a hot seat. But even then, he will get one more year. With the talent he has, he should be able to make the tourney. But our youth guarantees some stinkers. Hell even our experience is made of players who can be Jekyll and Hyde

Nah we played several horrible teams and this was our first test on the road against a very average team and we didn't show up. At all. It's not viewed in a vacuum, it's viewed in relation to what we've now seen over the last three years. The extended losing streak last year. Too many games to count where the team simply didn't show up. That's poor coaching. If you can't motivate kids to play hard... We also view it in relation to what we see at other schools where it isn't taking half a decade to rebuild, yet posters like you ignore three years of crap and instead focus on "one" game and have the temerity to say yeah if we suck for a third straight year next year his seat should be hot. That's dumb on so many levels, including asking people to spend well-earned money year after year on a lousy product.

Yesterday was "one" game that looked a lot like tens of games we've seen before under miller. IU has so many advantages over other schools from tradition, to money, to fanbase, to location to allow this many excuses. With all IU has to offer it shouldn't take three years in the state of Indiana to find five guys willing to play hard every game.

Last edited:
Nah we played several horrible teams and this was our first test on the road against a very average team and we didn't show up. At all. It's not viewed in a vacuum, it's viewed in relation to what we've now seen over the last three years. The extended losing streak last year. Too many games to count where the team simply didn't show up. That's poor coaching. If you can't motivate kids to play hard... We also view it in relation to what we see at other schools where it isn't taking half a decade to rebuild, yet posters like you ignore three years of crap and instead focus on "one" game and have the temerity to say yeah if we suck for a third straight year next year his seat should be hot. That's dumb on so many levels, including asking people to spend well-earned money year after year on a lousy product.

Yesterday was "one" game that looked a lot like tens of games we've seen before under miller.
Every year is different. The pieces are different. And when looking from year to year under CAM there have been some very big changes in personnel. Consistency will begin with personnel, good or bad. Once established, then we can say for sure on the fit.

You STFU. You have no idea what you are talking about.

And you do;) How about a friendly wager to see who does? I’ll PayPal you 50 bucks after Archie wins it all (I’ll also admit I was a dumba#% then:)). You ship me 50 if he never does win a national title?

Last edited:
Every year is different. The pieces are different. And when looking from year to year under CAM there have been some very big changes in personnel. Consistency will begin with personnel, good or bad. Once established, then we can say for sure on the fit.

If this year ends up being another stinker, I would be shocked if we did any better than limp into the tournament next year...at best.
Unlike Crean, there is not a Cody Zeller coming in year 4 to save Miller's butt. He has some good role players and the "we're young" excuse again coming in.

Nope every year is the same with respect to certain qualities. Three years is more than enough time to establish an identity, to get kids to play hard, to get kids to play their butts off on defense. there are certain qualities related to effort that a good coach inculcates in all his teams, or he doesn't.... playing poorly and making bonehead plays is different from having zero energy and coming out flat over and over and over again over the course of the last three years. That's a coach who can't motivate.

Reactions: cryano
I thought Miller had a poor game plan yesterday. I wanted Davis and TJD in the paint all day drawing fouls. Wisconsin had no way to stop the post play but IU settled for a lot of perimeter junk.

On defense, I blame the upper classmen for simply not playing hard and getting out on shooters. It was a very poor effort against a team with no athletic advantages. Indiana will really struggle when they play quicker guards who can pass to shooters (ie. Michigan, Maryland, OSU).. They have to be better.

Yesterday was "one" game that looked a lot like tens of games we've seen before under miller. IU has so many advantages over other schools from tradition, to money, to fanbase, to location to allow this many excuses. With all IU has to offer it shouldn't take three years in the state of Indiana to find five guys willing to play hard every game.

Well said. The issue isn’t just yesterday’s game. It’s that it continues to happen at a high rate. The script is very similar. Come out flat, give terrible effort, and get beat by an inferior team. The only question is the margin of points.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcmurtry66
There you go. Lol. One bad loss at Wisconsin doesn’t mean the season is a bust or that IU can’t matter again. Why paint it as such?

For god’s sake, you didn’t think we’d take some lumps in the road?
Lumps?! Yesterday was a total ass-kicking and IU was NEVER in it and looked totally lost. CAM did not have his team ready. It happened regularly last season and again yesterday. You can't run from that fact.

cant call you our specifically but the crowd that was quiet as church mice after the FSU win sure thinks the earth is on fire today. Like they always do. I expect that will happen after each loss this year for a team that will comfortably make the tourney.
Comfortably make the tourney? That would be UL, OSU and Dayton. Not IU.

That's such BS! Effort and good D should be demanded by every coach every year. CAM's teams frequently look completely lost. We've seen it over and over again - especially on the road.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Wisconsin will not lose many games at home playing like they did against IU on Saturday.

Several people on here have the aptitude of a squirrel. Can’t see anything past what is right in front of them at that moment. This last game clearly sucked. And I am certain we will have a couple more crummy performances this year. If we crap the sheets in the long game, and miss the tourney again, CAM had better be ready for a hot seat. But even then, he will get one more year. With the talent he has, he should be able to make the tourney. But our youth guarantees some stinkers. Hell even our experience is made of players who can be Jekyll and Hyde
I’d say it’s quite the opposite and you would be the one that has trouble seeing. See, our opinions are based on the last 2+ years and the shit show that our program has become in the last 17 years. What is your opinion based on? Success at Dayton?

Nope every year is the same with respect to certain qualities. Three years is more than enough time to establish an identity, to get kids to play hard, to get kids to play their butts off on defense. there are certain qualities related to effort that a good coach inculcates in all his teams, or he doesn't.... playing poorly and making bonehead plays is different from having zero energy and coming out flat over and over and over again over the course of the last three years. That's a coach who can't motivate.

So since the geniuses like you know that ultimately AM is doomed & don’t care for his brand of basketball, why would you continue to watch, unless you enjoy being turned into a bitchy little girl by a college basketball game? Seems pretty stupid for you to waste your time, come back in two years when he’s fired...

I’d say it’s quite the opposite and you would be the one that has trouble seeing. See, our opinions are based on the last 2+ years and the shit show that our program has become in the last 17 years. What is your opinion based on? Success at Dayton?
What does the last 17 years have to do with CAM at the moment? My opinion is based off of what CAM inherited and the progress he has made. We have much better youth and depth. The culture has also greatly improved. Still a lot of work to do, but you really provided some great insight...

What does the last 17 years have to do with CAM at the moment? My opinion is based off of what CAM inherited and the progress he has made. We have much better youth and depth. The culture has also greatly improved. Still a lot of work to do, but you really provided some great insight...

Where’s the progress? Seems like we’re still waiting on the progress...

I’ve watched bad b-ball the last 2+ years..what progress are you talking about? Wind and losses is the only that matters. Gimme some great insight bitch

Reactions: hoosier8760
I’ve watched bad b-ball the last 2+ years..what progress are you talking about? Wind and losses is the only that matters. Gimme some great insight bitch
Epic fail by you. Learn reading comprehension and maybe we can have a discussion. Until then, eat sheyot bitch.

ADVERTISEMENT