ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Miller sitting Hunter

I am glad coach set Hunter after his technical. Our margin for winning is so thin, hopefully a good teaching moment not only for Hunter but the rest of our team.
Iowa had a couple of players chirping at him. He will learn to use it as fuel to shut them up through his play.

That was Races best play of the game. Really liked seeing him understand the situation so quickly, pushing hunters hand back centimeters before it touched the dude’s face.

That situation could have escalated real fast, like we have seen earlier this year in college basketball. Jerome started wagging that finger.... I thought a haymaker was about to be launched. That is very very disrespectful. Lucky it was defused so quickly, or the guy was just a bitch and was never gonna do a thing.

Either way, glad this was a foot note. He didn’t come back in, so good on coach and good on Race. Not gonna lie, we need a dog on our team, Jerome would fill that roll perfectly .

Truth be told, Smith played a pretty good game defensively. He held down Wieskamp for the better part of 3/4 of the game until he went out and then Wieskamp got in a groove with Hunter on the floor.

Smith did a good job yesterday on the defensive end.

Truth be told, Smith played a pretty good game defensively. He held down Wieskamp for the better part of 3/4 of the game until he went out and then Wieskamp got in a groove with Hunter on the floor.

Smith did a good job yesterday on the defensive end.
Smith played solid D and rebounded well. He didn't take any 3 point shots also. Good game from Smith. ;)

Smith needs to play D, rebound, and block shots. And not shoot 3s. The Dennis Rodman role.

I think if he can step in to a 3 and it's in the flow of the offense, he should take it. And keep taking those as long as he's making 50%. Just as Green did last night, and he did last year vs MSU, you can get on a roll. It'd be different if we had other good shooters: we don't. Our best bet is to find the guy each night that is "on" and try and get him some good open looks. So Smith, Phin, Durham, Green, Franklin and Hunter should all take good open shots when they present themselves. And damn, what a benefit it would be if Green could understand what a good shot is and how to work to get more of them. The circus/step backs are great when they go in, but not shots we need to take most nights.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
I am glad coach set Hunter after his technical. Our margin for winning is so thin, hopefully a good teaching moment not only for Hunter but the rest of our team.

Really good to see Hunter coming around.

He's obviously a guy who LOVES to shoot the basketball.

That's all well and good, esp. with this team.

But...I hope he embraces the rebounding and defense aspects of the game more completely......and keeps driving the ball. He still seems a little shy about contact, understandably.

In 8 minutes Hunter got 4 rebounds and went 1 for 2 from the arc and is now 10-21 from the arc in his last 5 games. I sw one play where they fed it in to him in the post kind of on the left baseline area. I think Garza was on him so he didn't take the shot but I almost expected to see a step back midrange shot from him. I think with an off season of working on his game rather than just concentrating to get back on the court from an injury will be great for him. I believe he will be one of the main scorers on the team next year.

I agree about benching him for the tech but would have had no issue if he sat for minute and got back into the game. The rest of the team was playing well except for Brunk so Hunter was able to be a cheerleader.

Reactions: minneman
Not a smart move by Hunter to put his finger in McCaffery's face, but McCaffery was running his mouth about something. As is the case many times, its not the one who starts it, but the one who responds. McCaffery gets it honestly.

Smith needs to play D, rebound, and block shots. And not shoot 3s. The Dennis Rodman role.
Nice. And anyway, don’t coaches always love those defensive/hustle dudes? More than one way to help your team win. Or, like the Worm, garner enough notice you can eventually hang out with Kim.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT