ADVERTISEMENT

CNN getting hard to watch

Lang is black, but even if he weren’t, it wouldn’t “make a point”. That’s just ridiculous.

That type of generalization is part of the problem.

Of course it would as one huge complaint is about police leeway.

For example the chief in Atlanta said the shooter (who was white) was doing okay and was having a bad day.

A bad day!!!?? Dude drove to three separate Asian businesses and opened fire.

Why is he a POS again? Because he had a misdemeanor warrant and because he took pictures of himself with his gun?

That's basically a big chunk of the republican party right now. Hell you guys take more pics that look like ISIS with all the posing with automatic weapons.

What happened to his second amendment rights you guys seems to be so concerned about?

I get that character assassination is step one out of the playbook to justify and divert the attention to the root cause but what really makes this 20 year old a POS?

I'm curious.
tHE SECOND AMENDMENT IS NOT ABOUT GUN RIGHTS IT IS PROTECTION FROM THE GOVERNMENT TO INFRINGE ON LAW ABIDING CITIZENS

I could go along with this, but you wouldn’t be mayor. I’d like to see the biggest, baddest black dude in St. Louis be mayor in this scenario. I might also like to see thousands of inner city folk switch roles with the corporate elites. Switch jobs and residences for 3 months. Radical idea that would yield real results.
yup. the problem is that would require a partnership of so many different disparate entities from private; gov; not for profit; universities; all with their own agendas own warts that it's just impossible to bring together. apparently....

cosmic's posts are backed by links to the most absurd far left on twitter. i prefer no link to some stupid rex chapman tweet
I kind of link to people who post something witty on UNDISPUTED facts. I don't rely on Rex Chapman as a bringer of facts-he just has a good sense of humor...

On the other hand, the twitter accounts JDB posted and relied on when describing the kid killed in Minnie as a "POS" came from freaking Andy Ngo.

Andy Ngo is so far entrenched up the butt of fascist groups like Patriot Prayer and Proud Boys that he may as well be a member. In fact in the infamous Cider Riot case in Portland a few year back which resulted in members of PP/PB being arrested, an undercover video shot by a guy named Ben (who posed as a Patriot Prayer sympathizer) clearly showed Ngo on the scene as rioters were discussing their plan of attack including weapons. The expose is discussed here

Here is a perfect example of what "Ben" said about Ngo. In the first video he isn't filming while the Fascists are planning their attack on the Antifa folks at the Beer Garden. But in this video when some of the people who planned the attack (including Joey Gibson) arrive and start attacking the Antifa people (who are on Private Property), Notice how dorky Andy is now standing right next to Gibson and actually FILMING with his camera pointed towards the Antifa folks. Andy Ngo is a hack...

yup. the problem is that would require a partnership of so many different disparate entities from private; gov; not for profit; universities; all with their own agendas own warts that it's just impossible to bring together. apparently....
African Americans need a strong, moral leader like MLK, but is as blunt as Trump. He or she could use the bully pulpit to challenge the black family to be true to themselves through personal responsibility.

I have no confidence a white leader can heal the racial divide at this point.

Of course this leader would need to be equally blunt with all other Americans to live up to their moral and social responsibility in turn. The person would need to be honest and straightforward with this demographic in how we got to this place.

This leader would also need to believe the cause is worth potentially laying down their life, ala MLK.

It’s a worthy endeavor. We all serve the same God, and inhabit and love the same country. We all want to leave the next generation a better place for our children and countrymen.

incarceration comparisons without crimes committed is somewhat meaningless.

as to the remainder of your post. agreed on all fronts. and i don't know. i don't have the answers. i can tell you during BLM riots in saint louis the ceo of our largest company announced that he was ceasing expansion in saint louis and moving future development to charlotte. he specifically cited crime and pointed to the fact that our dog shit perception because of crime makes it hard for centene to get people to move to saint louis. they don't want to come. so that's more jobs lost. now we elected a woke, blm mayor last week who wants to reduce police presence. more of the sam bs leaders we've had over the last 50 years that gave rise to massive white flight.

so figuring out how to reduce crime is a crucial first start. that ties into better opportunities and better homelife and your sixteen variables you cite (which i obviously strongly believe are correct). for me it's money. it's always money.

so if i were mayor my goal would be to take stimulus money and do the following:

five times more cops. crush crime. police presence everywhere. elevate the qualifications to be a cop. on par with feds. bach degree. psych evals. etc. and i get the black community on board for the good of all of us. hit up all the agencies and the urban league. black people here are sick of the crime.

ownership in communities. convert flat projects (which are better than high rises) to ownership. not section 8 but home loans. pride in community. get the banks on board and local companies.

way more boys and girls clubs. matthews dickey. etc. places to play that are safe.

get these companies to do like goldman sachs. write loans for small businesses. get the state and feds to back them. f*ck credit scores. that screws these people. get money so they can start small businesses. more enterprise zones. more abatements. turn these abandoned houses into offices. gardens. etc. and don't punish the fing people who try by immediately sending the housing commissioner nazis to write dilapidated property tickets. the house is a vacant eye sore for 30 years then someone buys it but doesn't have the dough to fix it all at once and the idiot city immediately starts citing them. ridiculous. IRS people to help figure out taxes and corporate status NOT FING AUDITS.

legalize drugs. end the war. all drug charges go through drug court and alternative sentencing. no jail.

amnesty days for nonfelony warrants.

get dads to stay home and a part of the kids lives. no idea how to do that.

make gun charges crazy punitive. tell prosecutors no pleas on gun charges. prison. period. one strike you're out. let the community know. brandish a gun. use a gun. you're done.

anyway i could go on and on off the top of my head. if mcmurtry66 was mayor for a day. oh and raise the pay of the mayor. by a lot. a ton. let's make it an attractive job lots of smart people would want.

as for today these cop shootings are like worrying about a hangnail when we have stage 4 cancer

This seems like a Utopian dream rather than a realistic plan. I view many of these as effects vs. cause whereas you view them the opposite. Culturally, there is such a distrust between police and inner city POC that trying to over-police, particularly with cities facing massive budget shortfalls in 2020 and 2021, is not a sound decision. I'd offer the reverse - set up some Hamsterdams and let the community police itself, to the extent it has any desire to do so. Perhaps that empowerment will actually cause people to take action against bad actors.

It is unrealistic to expect financial institutions or any other privately held entity to throw money at the problem, as they are responsible to shareholders and are not designed to subsidize or endure losses for the benefit of public good.

Credit scores are only a problem because they are a relatively good indicator of repayment risk. If there are better metrics, those would be used more frequently. There are all of these alternative lenders that promise to provide better access to capital, and in some cases they do. But, there is a cost for that. You can't expect to borrow a 30 year mortgage at 3% if you don't have a good track record of income generation.

Agree on some of the drug elements, but does how does increased access to illicit substances help the substance abuse issue we face in this country?

FWIW, I'm working with Centene on a deal right now and its quite interesting. I'm surprised how aggressive they have been to try and transact, remind me of Optum several years back. They're quickly diversifying out of the insurance business and into the provider and technology side of healthcare.

Reactions: TommyCracker
African Americans need a strong, moral leader like MLK, but is as blunt as Trump. He or she could use the bully pulpit to challenge the black family to be true to themselves through personal responsibility.

I have no confidence a white leader can heal the racial divide at this point.

Of course this leader would need to be equally blunt with all other Americans to live up to their moral and social responsibility in turn. The person would need to be honest and straightforward with this demographic in how we got to this place.

This leader would also need to believe the cause is worth potentially laying down their life, ala MLK.

It’s a worthy endeavor. We all serve the same God, and inhabit and love the same country. We all want to leave the next generation a better place for our children and countrymen.
That’s an interesting take. And probably accurate. Obama wasn’t that guy. And I like Obama. In some ways he was too polished, too “academic” for lack of a better word for that role. He just wasn’t relatable imo. Charles Barkley combined with Obama type.

Anyway with this I’m talking out of my ass. My experience in living in the Deep South and other places and working in the urban core here is that blacks are a very disparate group. Like whites it’s hard to find a unifying figure. I don’t know. As unclebulk says just spitballin

For example the chief in Atlanta said the shooter (who was white) was doing okay and was having a bad day.

Pretty stupid choice of words from the hack chief or spokesperson, but you and the liberal media immediately jumped on it as a hate crime because of ethnic reasons. In fact, it was revealed he preyed upon them for other reasons and it just so happens that many rub and tug joints are serviced by Asian women.

This seems like a Utopian dream rather than a realistic plan. I view many of these as effects vs. cause whereas you view them the opposite. Culturally, there is such a distrust between police and inner city POC that trying to over-police, particularly with cities facing massive budget shortfalls in 2020 and 2021, is not a sound decision. I'd offer the reverse - set up some Hamsterdams and let the community police itself, to the extent it has any desire to do so. Perhaps that empowerment will actually cause people to take action against bad actors.

It is unrealistic to expect financial institutions or any other privately held entity to throw money at the problem, as they are responsible to shareholders and are not designed to subsidize or endure losses for the benefit of public good.

Credit scores are only a problem because they are a relatively good indicator of repayment risk. If there are better metrics, those would be used more frequently. There are all of these alternative lenders that promise to provide better access to capital, and in some cases they do. But, there is a cost for that. You can't expect to borrow a 30 year mortgage at 3% if you don't have a good track record of income generation.

Agree on some of the drug elements, but does how does increased access to illicit substances help the substance abuse issue we face in this country?

FWIW, I'm working with Centene on a deal right now and its quite interesting. I'm surprised how aggressive they have been to try and transact, remind me of Optum several years back. They're quickly diversifying out of the insurance business and into the provider and technology side of healthcare.
centene is growing like crazy. they built multiple new beautiful buildings here in clayton but pulled the plug on the last phase thanks to the blm summer of love here. i know much of what i write is unrealistic. as i said the cooperation from so many diverse public and private entities is unrealistic. i disagree on the cop part with you. the areas that are worse here have largely been abandoned by the cops. it's pretty patent that more police are needed but the resources just aren't there. as a result large swaths of areas are effectively abandoned and the gang crime is off the charts

centene is growing like crazy. they built multiple new beautiful buildings here in clayton but pulled the plug on the last phase thanks to the blm summer of love here. i know much of what i write is unrealistic. as i said the cooperation from so many diverse public and private entities is unrealistic. i disagree on the cop part with you. the areas that are worse here have largely been abandoned by the cops. it's pretty patent that more police are needed

I should clarify... I don't disagree with the idea that more police would be better. But, I don't think it would be acceptable to: 1) the inhabitants of those communities who have a cultural distrust towards police, 2) the police themselves who distrust and stereotype the people of those communities based on the fact that they are more prone to commit violent crime against them and others, 3) the taxpayers that would have to fund those increased costs.

Therefore, my suggestion was to actually provide the complete opposite and hope that somehow elimination of one of the two parties at odds may improve things.

That’s an interesting take. And probably accurate. Obama wasn’t that guy. And I like Obama. In some ways he was too polished, too “academic” for lack of a better word for that role. He just wasn’t relatable imo. Charles Barkley combined with Obama type.

Anyway with this I’m talking out of my ass. My experience in living in the Deep South and other places and working in the urban core here is that blacks are a very disparate group. Like whites it’s hard to find a unifying figure. I don’t know. As unclebulk says just spitballin
Barkley would be good, or Dave Chappell. 😊 No one wants a professional anymore, anyway.

Barkley would be good, or Dave Chappell. 😊 No one wants a professional anymore, anyway.
lmao and chappell has good common sense advice. i just saw him a few weeks ago talking about these school shootings. he said they have these practice drills telling all the kids where to go and hide and the shooter is one of the kids 😆

Reactions: Morrison
We can always count on you to remind us that the black person who was killed was actually a bad person. Thanks for having a thing.

200.gif

Of course it would as one huge complaint is about police leeway.

A bad day!!!?? Dude drove to three separate Asian businesses and opened fire.
The police chief in Atlanta is black. It was a captain who made those comments.

But just to be clear, you’re saying those comments were made out of racism?

Well sympathizing with a mass murderer who just committed a vicious hate crime while showing a lack of empathy for the victims is pretty ****ing weird coming from a police captain.

But yeah, it's got weird, racy vibes.

It's not fear, it's a lack of empathy, minimalizing racy vibe.

You could have told me he's talking about a dude that ran over a bunch of geese and that press conference would of made a hell of a lot more sense.

African Americans need a strong, moral leader
This idea lies at the heart of all racism, classism, our you-name-it-ism and a fundamental problem of our politics today. This started with the left and Democrats; unfortunately the GOP is adopting this also. There are many reasons for this including the weakening if not destruction of many social structures that worked toward producing a common social culture. We are on a irreversible and undeniable path to fundamental changes in everything we do and how we govern. That has been the goal since “fundamentally changing America” became a political objective. We are seeing that change in progress now in our social views, in government, and economics. I don’t think it’s a good look; but I’m just an old white guy.

This idea lies at the heart of all racism, classism, our you-name-it-ism and a fundamental problem of our politics today. This started with the left and Democrats; unfortunately the GOP is adopting this also. There are many reasons for this including the weakening if not destruction of many social structures that worked toward producing a common social culture. We are on a irreversible and undeniable path to fundamental changes in everything we do and how we govern. That has been the goal since “fundamentally changing America” became a political objective. We are seeing that change in progress now in our social views, in government, and economics. I don’t think it’s a good look; but I’m just an old white guy.
Don’t discount your value. Old white guys write the checks

Here are some thugs and POS standing around...

sub-buzz-3198-1591299046-1.png
They are just preparing for when angry ol' Gestapo Joe sends his Federally funded local police to break into their house. I wonder how many people Gestapo Joe bombed in the middle east today. How much does dropping those bombs contribute to adding to the Greenhouse issue.

They are just preparing for when angry ol' Gestapo Joe sends his Federally funded local police to break into their house. I wonder how many people Gestapo Joe bombed in the middle east today. How much does dropping those bombs contribute to adding to the Greenhouse issue.
Federally funded local police? So, that’s a thing? Not to mention that libs want to defund the police. You are confusing your talking points.

The guy who said that wasn’t black it was the dumpy balding white dude. He wasn’t the full chief of police.

On an episode of Raising Hope Jimmy gets a $200.00 ticket for not having his toddler daughter secured properly in his van. He goes off on the cop who is black calling him an idiot, disrespecting his badge etc. Jimmy tears the ticket up and throws it to the ground, still yelling at the cop. He gets tasered. It is what happens when you act wrongly around the police. You have to stay calm and hold your tongue. If the cop is really in the wrong just go to court and plead your case.
Or at least be a black lieutenant in your military uniform at a gas station...then the cops will respect you and not pepper spray or hand cuff you :-(

Really. Completely different conversation. In white world show "be respectful" is used, in black world "keep both hands on the wheel and make no sudden movements" is used. completely different dynamic at play.

Oh on that part, isn't that what we saw with the army lieutenant? He didn't seem to trust the police, was afraid to put his hands down to unbuckle. And the police didn't help, when he said he was afraid one said, "you should be". Can we all agree that isn't particularly good policing?

Several important (even if obvious) lessons learned from that video.

• Serviceman complied and did not try and flee
  • He's alive
  • He was treated horrendously by terrible police
  • Gutierrez was fired, but they still need to can the other guy
  • That man deserves a huge sum of money that will hopefully take care of him for a long time
  • That type of restraint and calm under those circumstances will hopefully keep Mr. Nazario employed for a long time. I'd hire him

There's always going to be bad policing. The contacts between police and "suspects" exceed 50 million a year. consider that. 50 million a year. now consider how many bad people there are in the country doing bad things. now consider how many cops are mental, dim, inadequately trained, whatever, and it's easier to understand what's transpiring.

the answer is easy. we need better cops. bring local cop requirements congruent with feds. but guess what. that costs money. we're in defund police mode not add better cop mode. we'd rather spend money on new stadiums. and we need more from our black leaders and media. we need to call out the striking figures related to black crime and get aggressive about bringing those numbers down. in so doing the contacts fall from 50 million plus, the perception begins to erode/change, and things slowly improve.

but again the liberal narrative is cops bad and silent about black crime and the black crime that leads to perception/fear. we're going to riot and go nuts again in minny. 9 kids under the age of 17 have been shot and killed in saint louis this year. ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!! where is the coverage? where is the outrage. these aren't people with long criminal pasts that are doing bad shit and find their way in a perfect storm with a scared, nervous, dumb cop. these are truly innocent people. people who lost the genetic lottery. it's ridiculous. the media and the country is ridiculous with this stuff
Who in their right mind would sign on at the Police Academy at this point. No win situation.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Really. Completely different conversation. In white world show "be respectful" is used, in black world "keep both hands on the wheel and make no sudden movements" is used. completely different dynamic at play.
My parents spent most of that time on right and wrong any having respect for the law. You know, not having a warrant and a rap sheet. Silly old fashioned stuff like that.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
We can always count on you to remind us that the black person who was killed was actually a bad person. Thanks for having a thing.
A person’s color shouldn’t preclude someone from presenting evidence that they were a criminal engaging in criminal acts. That is the root cause of his death. Call a spade a spade...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...lington-nc-traffic-stops-policing/7225318002/ has a story up about a city in North Carolina that has ended administrative stops. It is worth a read.

I have mentioned before, the idea of adminstrative stop policing came from work in KC and there was limited to very small areas with the absolute highest crime rates. Suddenly everyone started doing it and problems ensued.

Also in that story is a Black officer who says he fears every time he is out as a civilian and a police car is behind him.

Every black kid is educated on police encounters by the time they're 12. White kids and parents never have to have that talk. Bad take on your part ..
Wrong. My parents absolutely had that talk with me about what to do if you get pulled over, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT