ADVERTISEMENT

Two more Peacock games - Very disappointing

mobilehoosier

Senior
Nov 17, 2012
Mobile, Alabama
Good luck Hoosiers.
A shitty team that is hard to watch without spending more $$ is a great way to degrade the fanbase!
Not brilliant!

For those who want to challenge the refusal to spend the $$.
Never about money for me. I'm lucky.
In the past I purchased a 10ft EchoStar to watch my Hoosiers in the 80's. Dish was $3K but all broadcasting was free. NFL, everything. Then DTV and now streaming. I've spent the money and goal post keeps moving. Tired of getting fleeced to watch.

Thanks to Mark Cuban for the ability to listen to D. Fish
Go Hoosiers!

Good luck Hoosiers.
A shitty team that is hard to watch without spending more $$ is a great way to degrade the fanbase!
Not brilliant!

In the past I purchased a 10ft EchoStar to watch my Hoosiers in the 80's. Dish was $3K but all broadcasting was free. NFL, everything. Then DTV and now streaming. I've spent the money and goal post keeps moving. Tired of getting fleeced to watch.

Go Hoosiers!

BT's choice, not IU's, to have Peacock, and to have IU on Peacock. It all goes back to squeezing every cent out of every media source. Which in turn all goes back to OK and Georgia's lawsuit v. the NCAA in the early '80s.

Just realized this morning we have a game tonight. I wouldn't have noticed it was on Peacock though until sometime during the game when I casually flipped it over to see how it was going.

I think someone in my family has Peacock+, so if I'm not doing anything else, I'll check some of the game out. Hopefully they rally and play better today. OSU isn't all that good right now either.

Reactions: indy1203 and kkott
BT's choice, not IU's, to have Peacock, and to have IU on Peacock. It all goes back to squeezing every cent out of every media source. Which in turn all goes back to OK and Georgia's lawsuit v. the NCAA in the early '80s.
I did some quick research based on your post. Thank you for sharing. I graduated from IU in 1984. I didn't remember that until I re-read it.
Excellent and informative response. Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: kkott
Good luck Hoosiers.
Not brilliant!

Go Hoosiers!
I am actually glad I did not spend the money on Peacock given how bad we are. I will follow on my phone. Seems like less and less games are on BTN now. Fox and Peacock seems to have a ton of them.

I am actually glad I did not spend the money on Peacock given how bad we are. I will follow on my phone. Seems like less and less games are on BTN now. Fox and Peacock seems to have a ton of them.
so, you missed 5 games this year over 5 dollars. yet you are on here constantly bitching are you an actual IU fan

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Good luck Hoosiers.
Not brilliant!

Go Hoosiers!
I jumped in early and took the deal...the bride and I have enjoyed quite a few of the shows on Peacock...and, of course, have watched our beloved Hoosiers...

It has been a tough season.

I jumped in early and took the deal...the bride and I have enjoyed quite a few of the shows on Peacock...and, of course, have watched our beloved Hoosiers...

It has been a tough season.
I was going to cancel my subscription in January, but after Saturday’s PSU debacle I realized I had forgotten to do so. I believe the last Peacock IU game is on the 27th.

I was going to cancel my subscription in January, but after Saturday’s PSU debacle I realized I had forgotten to do so. I believe the last Peacock IU game is on the 27th.
And this is always the trick...to REMEMBER to cancel.

I took advantage of this and set a reminder on my phone.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
The women are also on Peacock for 7 or 8 games. I also ended up watching a few other things on Peacock so no complaints since the Big Ten money machine doesn't care about the fans anyway.

Not a matter of $$, at least in my case. Rural internet in my area is about as bad as IUMBB. Would be worth the money to watch the women’s team play

Last edited:
Peacock is ok. Got it a couple years ago to watch IndyCar stuff and the Dan Patrick show. $5.99/month is kinda cheap to watch things you care about. Hard to believe some of you are here routinely if you don’t actually care about IUBB.

I agree that it's not the money but don't like being held hostage just to see a team that isn't that good or exciting and is NOT going anywhere anytime soon this year or probably next either. So sad as it just takes the starch out of the NCAA tourney knowing our team is going to miss another year.

I do think Ware is awesome, plays his heart out, and so hope he stays. Galloway makes up for lack of talent with hustle and heart, Mgbako has real potential if he doesn't leave, Cupps is scrappy but doesn't seem to have the talent or shot I was hoping for. Not much coming in but just like with the football team, our motto is: There is always NEXT year. Never give up hope, besides, what else is there to do on a cold winter nite?

Peacock is ok. Got it a couple years ago to watch IndyCar stuff and the Dan Patrick show. $5.99/month is kinda cheap to watch things you care about. Hard to believe some of you are here routinely if you don’t actually care about IUBB.
Now we aren't fans if we don't pay 6 a month to watch five games? We watch every other game but I guess that's not good enough. I don't want another streaming service it's that simple.

it's a dollar a month. and no, you aren't a true fan if you didn't pay.
That’s a little harsher than my point, but not totally untrue either. The thing that drives me nuts are the ones that’ll be here tomorrow with all their wisdom and insights based off a boxscore or article or maybe listening to Fish. After 20 posts, they’ll finally admit “well, I didn’t actually watch it.”

That’s a little harsher than my point, but not totally untrue either. The thing that drives me nuts are the ones that’ll be here tomorrow with all their wisdom and insights based off a boxscore or article or maybe listening to Fish. After 20 posts, they’ll finally admit “well, I didn’t actually watch it.”
not harsh at all, it was posted here several times it was 19 dollars for a year. you cannot be a true fan and not watch the games over a 1.79

Don't you go watch at a bar and drunk tweet during the peacock games. Do you even have peacock kurt?
yes, I have it, I went to bar once never again for a streaming game, 7 TVs not in sync, it's annoying as hell, and I've never drunk tweeted anything in my life.

Yeah, there's been 20 years of this maddening IU BS and there will be plenty more as long as I'm kicking. There's only gonna be 4 years of my nephew's games.
If that’s the conflict, heck yes - go see him play. Family first, always.

My point was simply about the local experts here who don’t watch because they refuse to spend a couple bucks. Then come here spewing nonsense that someone else told them.

If that’s the conflict, heck yes - go see him play. Family first, always.

My point was simply about the local experts here who don’t watch because they refuse to spend a couple bucks. Then come here spewing nonsense that someone else told them.
At some point, I always end up watching most or all of the games on replay. I'm a basketball nerd, and this year, a bit of a masochist.

Good luck Hoosiers.
Not brilliant!

Go Hoosiers!
IU is in trouble. The fans are starting to turn. Sage Steele on Dan Dakich's 1430 show said, "to be honest I haven't been paying attention to IU." We've lost Sage. Also yesterday a great IU fan named Jennifer from Evansville said, "I give money to IU. I give to this NIL collective and I am not getting a good return for my investment." She is getting fed up with what IU is doing.

At some point, I always end up watching most or all of the games on replay. I'm a basketball nerd, and this year, a bit of a masochist.
Yep. I totally hear you. My IU grad GF has now lost interest completely, so I have to record most games and watch late night. Usually works pretty well with a nice bourbon or two. Keeps me off this site and twitter during points of obvious in-game meltdowns too.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Yep. I totally hear you. My IU grad GF has now lost interest completely, so I have to record most games and watch late night. Usually works pretty well with a nice bourbon or two. Keeps me off this site and twitter during points of obvious in-game meltdowns too.
I am wearing an IU sweatshirt right now but it is not on the outside. It is the second layer of my three. For years now I have been wearing three layers during the winter on the top and two layers on the bottom.

I am wearing an IU sweatshirt right now but it is not on the outside. It is the second layer of my three. For years now I have been wearing three layers during the winter on the top and two layers on the bottom.
Why do you think anyone GAFF about what you're wearing?

Weirdo ....

I've often wondered how many layers of clothes the VPM wore during the different seasons. now that winter has been answered can you give us your spring. summer and fall layering.

I agree that it's not the money but don't like being held hostage just to see a team that isn't that good or exciting and is NOT going anywhere anytime soon this year or probably next either. So sad as it just takes the starch out of the NCAA tourney knowing our team is going to miss another year.

I do think Ware is awesome, plays his heart out, and so hope he stays. Galloway makes up for lack of talent with hustle and heart, Mgbako has real potential if he doesn't leave, Cupps is scrappy but doesn't seem to have the talent or shot I was hoping for. Not much coming in but just like with the football team, our motto is: There is always NEXT year. Never give up hope, besides, what else is there to do on a cold winter nite?
Watch the women on Peacock then they are good and worth the money. Some of you only care about men's basketball and too me not really Hoosier sports fans. Just my opinion since I get Big Ten plus just to watch IU soccer, volleyball a little wrestling, baseball, softball. I even turned it on to watch the Big Ten cross country meet and a little of a couple swimming meets including the trouncing of PU recently. Stomping PU in any sport makes something worthwhile for me to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT