ADVERTISEMENT

Two more Peacock games - Very disappointing

Watch the women on Peacock then they are good and worth the money. Some of you only care about men's basketball and too me not really Hoosier sports fans. Just my opinion since I get Big Ten plus just to watch IU soccer, volleyball a little wrestling, baseball, softball. I even turned it on to watch the Big Ten cross country meet and a little of a couple swimming meets including the trouncing of PU recently. Stomping PU in any sport makes something worthwhile for me to watch.
if watching a cross country meet makes you a true fan, I'm not a true fan.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I’m with you on that. But I try to watch almost every baseball game. They’ve become my favorite program since the new stadium was built and Schwarber started depositing balls onto the softball field. That gets a little tedious/expensive because I have to buy B1G Plus, ESPN Plus, and a half dozen opponent streaming services every year.

Basketball, football, and baseball games are still must watch. Women’s basketball occasionally. Soccer when they get pretty far into the tournament. That’s about it for me.

Reactions: Shuski
If you actually had reading comprehension you would understand I know I watch more IU stuff than most. My point is if all you care about is IU men's basketball then Peacock or the Big Ten Plus would not be beneficial, and you may not be that big of an IU fan if you are a one sport only fan. Nothing about being a true fan was stated. Just my opinion but if you only follow IU for one sport you are an IU men's basketball fan not an IU sports fan. They can cheer and follow whoever they want and not everybody likes most sports like me.

Watch the women on Peacock then they are good and worth the money. Some of you only care about men's basketball and too me not really Hoosier sports fans. Just my opinion since I get Big Ten plus just to watch IU soccer, volleyball a little wrestling, baseball, softball. I even turned it on to watch the Big Ten cross country meet and a little of a couple swimming meets including the trouncing of PU recently. Stomping PU in any sport makes something worthwhile for me to watch.
BTN + might be well worth it. I think I'll spring for that next year.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
If you actually had reading comprehension you would understand I know I watch more IU stuff than most. My point is if all you care about is IU men's basketball then Peacock or the Big Ten Plus would not be beneficial, and you may not be that big of an IU fan if you are a one sport only fan. Nothing about being a true fan was stated. Just my opinion but if you only follow IU for one sport you are an IU men's basketball fan not an IU sports fan. They can cheer and follow whoever they want and not everybody likes most sports like me.
I for one cannot wait to read the drunk gibberish posts of "true fan" kurt tonight. Since I do not have peacock and will be at a high school game reading his posts will be the highlight for me!

I jumped in early and took the deal...the bride and I have enjoyed quite a few of the shows on Peacock...and, of course, have watched our beloved Hoosiers...

It has been a tough season.
I'm confident it has value, and I'm glad you and the wife enjoy it. I don't want my wife to get involved. She'd buy that shit in a heartbeat. Massive grin! Mobile. I do hope we win tonight.

IU is in trouble. The fans are starting to turn. Sage Steele on Dan Dakich's 1430 show said, "to be honest I haven't been paying attention to IU." We've lost Sage. Also yesterday a great IU fan named Jennifer from Evansville said, "I give money to IU. I give to this NIL collective and I am not getting a good return for my investment." She is getting fed up with what IU is doing.
No great loss.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Good luck Hoosiers.
A shitty team that is hard to watch without spending more $$ is a great way to degrade the fanbase!
Not brilliant!

For those who want to challenge the refusal to spend the $$.
Never about money for me. I'm lucky.
In the past I purchased a 10ft EchoStar to watch my Hoosiers in the 80's. Dish was $3K but all broadcasting was free. NFL, everything. Then DTV and now streaming. I've spent the money and goal post keeps moving. Tired of getting fleeced to watch.

Thanks to Mark Cuban for the ability to listen to D. Fish
Go Hoosiers!
We listened on the radio and will for all other Peacock games... The only issue we had was that the app on my phone was about 1+ minute ahead of the broadcast. Nothing wrong with listening to Don Fischer. Ha.

Good luck Hoosiers.
A shitty team that is hard to watch without spending more $$ is a great way to degrade the fanbase!
Not brilliant!

In the past I purchased a 10ft EchoStar to watch my Hoosiers in the 80's. Dish was $3K but all broadcasting was free. NFL, everything. Then DTV and now streaming. I've spent the money and goal post keeps moving. Tired of getting fleeced to watch.

Go Hoosiers!
There once was a time when I thought it be great to retire and live half the year still in Indiana with season ticket passes or just buy tickets every single game.
Bring a different 20 year old play toy to each one and during the winter blues sip some hot coco with some midly spicy chilli in our fur coats....

But boy do times change...

Ive went out of my way more than most sane ppl to follow every game, but after penn st loss, I legit questioned if I should just cancel my big ten package for $7.69 a month....

I always thought it may really BE the Bob Knight curse all these years.
Absolute karma...
But since Knight returned (granted out of his mind to know any better),
Youd figure the curse would lift...

Maybe the karma is bigger than Knight,, and maybe is still due for IU for havent learned anything (woke)

None the less, happy for Leal.
After that shot, Leal genuinely* looked like a player who should have been starting every game for quite some time. (So why hasnt he been...?).
I miss the old skool days with in state IU recruits who gave it their all like leal and galloway.
I wish wed get back to that.
Coaches and fans think you have to be physically big or else athletically gifted to be a good college bball player and you dont.
To me, the leals, galloways, lewis and coverdales etc always seem to leave a long impression on IU basketball

There once was a time when I thought it be great to retire and live half the year still in Indiana with season ticket passes or just buy tickets every single game.
Bring a different 20 year old play toy to each one and during the winter blues sip some hot coco with some midly spicy chilli in our fur coats....

But boy do times change...

Ive went out of my way more than most sane ppl to follow every game, but after penn st loss, I legit questioned if I should just cancel my big ten package for $7.69 a month....

I always thought it may really BE the Bob Knight curse all these years.
Absolute karma...
But since Knight returned (granted out of his mind to know any better),
Youd figure the curse would lift...

Maybe the karma is bigger than Knight,, and maybe is still due for IU for havent learned anything (woke)

None the less, happy for Leal.
After that shot, Leal genuinely* looked like a player who should have been starting every game for quite some time. (So why hasnt he been...?).
I miss the old skool days with in state IU recruits who gave it their all like leal and galloway.
I wish wed get back to that.
Coaches and fans think you have to be physically big or else athletically gifted to be a good college bball player and you dont.
To me, the leals, galloways, lewis and coverdales etc always seem to leave a long impression on IU basketball
Nice post.

I am wearing an IU sweatshirt right now but it is not on the outside. It is the second layer of my three. For years now I have been wearing three layers during the winter on the top and two layers on the bottom.
Does the IU sweatshirt you don ever perform as your outermost garment during more proudful IU seasons? Other words stated, is this some sort of shaming ritual to hide your colors during seasons of lesser note? Might we ever find your innermost apparel of IU logo? Crean’s first season?

At the risk of coming across as one “nosey”, what do you set your home thermostat at? FWIW, (not-a-damn-thing) for our personal contribution in helping Mankind help solve the Climate Change Crisis (CCC), my wife and I set ours at 59 during the night and day we’re not home, 62 during the day when home, bumped up a couple more degrees for company seldom coming and never staying long before gone. We like to believe our sacrifice will delay Earth’s 5th mass extinction event by 3 to the 10 power millionths of a nano-second. With that being said, I sense multi-layered VanPastorMan of stiffly-starched collar in white to be of kindred spirt in this walk on Earth.

Finally never being soon enough with some of us, have you ever considered fleece as an alternative to more time consuming layering? Think single layered “warm fuzzies” on a cold winter’s night, nestled in the creases of your favorite leathered Barcalounger in front of the TV, watching IU basketball. Sometimes the simple things in life can be one of the more treasured activities in time ticked to past, now gone but never to be forgotten in the trash cans of calendars discarded.

• Haha
I actually prefer to watch the IU women but back to the "I'm too stubborn" to subscribe to Peacok thingy again.

I am an IU fan, supporter of 70+ years. Nobody can argue with my refusal to add Peacock to my already monstrous TV broadcasting packages with all the sports outlets nor falsely shame into reversing that decision. My bitch is with B1G MBA's not fully utilizing BTC. How many IU games we watched on BT this year? They either lay unused, empty and dormant or offer damn low value programming. DF is damn near as old as I am and won't be around much longer but it is damn easy to figure out the B1G has figured out when he is gone they'll have an unencumbered glide path to more deals getting bigger shares of fans $ with peripheral products like BT+, Peacock, etc. cause they've got no one in their employ that could replace him. Plan your work, work your plan.

I am an IU fan, supporter of 70+ years. Nobody can argue with my refusal to add Peacock to my already monstrous TV broadcasting packages with all the sports outlets nor falsely shame into reversing that decision. My bitch is with B1G MBA's not fully utilizing BTC. How many IU games we watched on BT this year? They either lay unused, empty and dormant or offer damn low value programming. DF is damn near as old as I am and won't be around much longer but it is damn easy to figure out the B1G has figured out when he is gone they'll have an unencumbered glide path to more deals getting bigger shares of fans $ with peripheral products like BT+, Peacock, etc. cause they've got no one in their employ that could replace him. Plan your work, work your plan.
Who is DF?

I am no KURT the "true fan" but I will be watching Saturday on Fox. Heaven forbid I add another channel to my monster cable bill to watch games some I wont even be able to see cause my kid has games it makes me NOT a true fan. Kurt thinks you must down 46 drinks during a game and put the rest of you life on hold to be a true fan.

If the fan base is still this loyal after what has been done to us....

A few streaming requirements ain't gonna move the needle.

Does the IU sweatshirt you don ever perform as your outermost garment during more proudful IU seasons? Other words stated, is this some sort of shaming ritual to hide your colors during seasons of lesser note? Might we ever find your innermost apparel of IU logo? Crean’s first season?

At the risk of coming across as one “nosey”, what do you set your home thermostat at? FWIW, (not-a-damn-thing) for our personal contribution in helping Mankind help solve the Climate Change Crisis (CCC), my wife and I set ours at 59 during the night and day we’re not home, 62 during the day when home, bumped up a couple more degrees for company seldom coming and never staying long before gone. We like to believe our sacrifice will delay Earth’s 5th mass extinction event by 3 to the 10 power millionths of a nano-second. With that being said, I sense multi-layered VanPastorMan of stiffly-starched collar in white to be of kindred spirt in this walk on Earth.

Finally never being soon enough with some of us, have you ever considered fleece as an alternative to more time consuming layering? Think single layered “warm fuzzies” on a cold winter’s night, nestled in the creases of your favorite leathered Barcalounger in front of the TV, watching IU basketball. Sometimes the simple things in life can be one of the more treasured activities in time ticked to past, now gone but never to be forgotten in the trash cans of calendars discarded.
The outer sweatshirt I was wearing looked better with the pants I had on. I've got a few sweat shirts and t shirts that go back to the Bob Knight days. They are looking somewhat ragged but I still have them. Most of them were given to me by my departed mother in law. She used to get me IU apparel every Christmas.

Good luck Hoosiers.
A shitty team that is hard to watch without spending more $$ is a greatI way to degrade the fanbase!
Not brilliant!

In the past I purchased a 10ft EchoStar to watch my Hoosiers in the 80's. Dish was $3K but all broadcasting was free. NFL,everything. Then DTV and now streaming. I've spent the money and goal post keeps moving. Tired of getting fleeced to watch.

Go Hoosiers!
Not having the ability to watch the shit show that is IU basketball may be a blessing in disguise. It has to be good for most fans' mental health. I don't even watch most of the games live anymore. It's no fun watching mediocrity with no effort or accountability most games.

Not having the ability to watch the shit show that is IU basketball may be a blessing in disguise. It has to be good for most fans' mental health. I don't even watch most of the games live anymore. It's no fun watching mediocrity with no effort or accountability most games.
Not if you are TRUE FAN per kurt. You must drop everything pay for peacock and consume 37 drinks during the game. If not you are NOT a fan. If your kid has a game too bad you must skip it and watch IU period. You are clearly not a fan at all you should be doing shots for every basket IU makes and do drunk posting nonstop. Oh and you must also be an anti vaxxer per kurt since you do not watch.

The outer sweatshirt I was wearing looked better with the pants I had on. I've got a few sweat shirts and t shirts that go back to the Bob Knight days. They are looking somewhat ragged but I still have them. Most of them were given to me by my departed mother in law. She used to get me IU apparel every Christmas.
I still have my two Peeg's tee-shirts, saved for posterity..."The General May Be Gone, But His Army Marches On" Someday, when my time on earth has come and gone, they will be worth thousands of dollars on eBay. My heirs will look back at my astute foresight and come to smile upon my grave, maybe even leaving plastic flowers of worthless meaning to all but a few.

I actually prefer to watch the IU women but back to the "I'm too stubborn" to subscribe to Peacok thingy again.
I truly can appreciate that perspective. I will be in row 2 or 8 tonight across from the woman's bench. Season ticket holder for quite a few years. I love sports and IU is where I stand right or wrong.

What will be interesting is how the new planned sports streaming service partnership with Fox, ESPN and WBD plays out and how many IU games will be on the new service. I do watch a lot of sports and would love to reduce my overall costs of cable or streaming I want to reduce cost. I believe I will be reevaluating all my choices once that is better defined and when it starts.

In the meantime, go all 24 IU sports teams whether in person, on television, radio or some other method.

It's $6 per month for 4 months... in perspective, go to your local gas station and buy coffee twice a month instead of Starbucks. He'll, three times if Dunkin is your bag. It's paid for. Then drop it come April.

not harsh at all, it was posted here several times it was 19 dollars for a year. you cannot be a true fan and not watch the games over a 1.79
Totally disagree with this. When the product is this poor, it's completely understandable that someone might need to take a few games off for mental health reasons. This shit is so often hard to watch. Why waste money on a shitty product?

Reactions: TheShadow1087
If that’s the conflict, heck yes - go see him play. Family first, always.

My point was simply about the local experts here who don’t watch because they refuse to spend a couple bucks. Then come here spewing nonsense that someone else told them.
How many people actually do that? I haven't witnessed it.

That reminds me, I need to watch Ted on Peacock. Not a tight ass. Got a year of Peacock for $20 on Black Friday.
Truthfully I have no clue what the answer is. It's obvious fans are being gouged for loyalty. I have Peacock and have enjoyed watching the games. I thought making people pay for Purdue-IU game one was ridiculous. Regardless of whether my team is good or bad I enjoy watching and hoping. Nice comeback win.

Totally disagree with this. When the product is this poor, it's completely understandable that someone might need to take a few games off for mental health reasons. This shit is so often hard to watch. Why waste money on a shitty product?
Because a shitty product can still make for an entertaining game if the other product is shitty, too.

Yeah, well Don Fischer's age has nothing to do with the move to streaming services. I can promise you that his name never came up in the Big Ten strategy session.
Thank you kindly. I shall delete the statement in my post definitively indicating DF was the topic of discussion in B1G strategy meetings.

Have you ever watched your grandson in an elementary school basketball game? That’s shitty basketball but you still watch it.
Now you're being intentionally obtuse. You know I don't have any grandkids. Not cool!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT