ADVERTISEMENT

cities bracing for black unrest this weekend.

Based on the comments coming out from the police and official agencies, this video is going to be bad. Like really bad. I have seen damage control before but they really seem to be going out of their way.

Hopefully, it works. if it is that bad, it is good the see them proactive.

Based on the comments coming out from the police and official agencies, this video is going to be bad. Like really bad. I have seen damage control before but they really seem to be going out of their way.
Agree. Any idea why they are waiting until late in day? Maybe for people to get home from work and school?

Seems like a noon release on a Saturday would make sense.

Agree. Any idea why they are waiting until late in day? Maybe for people to get home from work and school?

I was just thinking about this, I wonder if they are hoping that later in the day will give less time for crowds to build? That some people will be moved onto evening fun and won't watch the video tonight?

It gets quite a few people out of government buildings and away from downtown who could get caught up if there are problems would be my guess.

Edit: Marvin's guess is decent as well, but I think they are past the point of this blowing over. (Not saying there will be riots, but whatever reaction there is to the video is already baked into the cake IMO, no matter when it is released.)

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I was just thinking about this, I wonder if they are hoping that later in the day will give less time for crowds to build? That some people will be moved onto evening fun and won't watch the video tonight?
They noted they wanted schools to be done for the day and downtown businesses to be (mostly) closed

Reactions: IUCrazy2
FUN FACT FRIDAY:

Napoleon actually wasn't short for his time. The French "foot" was longer than the English "foot." So, in France if he was like 5' 10", he would have been like 5' 4" in England. The English didn't adjust for the conversion in measurements in their propaganda and called him short.

*Note* Those measurements are made up, for illustrative purposes only.

lee-corso-not-so-fast.gif

Applying the French measurements of the time, that equals around 1.69 meters, or just over 5’5”. So at 5’5” he was just an inch or so below the period’s average adult male height.

You know you can be black and racist. Even against ones own race. This exist and has been known to exist for literally thousands of years. All races have examples of self loathers.

However I have no clue if this was because of that. More likely power/ego/bullies. Regardless it was murder it sounds like.

FUN FACT FRIDAY:

Napoleon actually wasn't short for his time. The French "foot" was longer than the English "foot." So, in France if he was like 5' 10", he would have been like 5' 4" in England. The English didn't adjust for the conversion in measurements in their propaganda and called him short.

*Note* Those measurements are made up, for illustrative purposes only.
You mixed up which was shorter v. longer or else this doesn't make sense.

They’re holding him up taking turns. Burn it down.

Not burn it down, but yeah, that was bad. Like they go to jail forever bad and the entire leadership of the PD needs to step down.
We’re watching a human rights violation on TV. The government just up and killing people. On camera. This was not a racist act (edited for clarity).

Classism
Authoritarianism
Militarism

Just disgusting.

Last edited:
We’re watching a human rights violation on TV. The government just up and killing people. On camera. No racism here.

Classism
Authoritarianism
Militarism

Just disgusting.
(Edited to reflect larsIU's edit and clarification)

It is disgusting, but "burning it down" does nothing against the actual guilty parties. It ruins the lives of people who did nothing wrong and are often folks who are helping bring services to the very people and communities that end up burning them out.

You take out your anger through the justice system for the directly involved parties and then you take a long hard look at the leadership and culture that allowed that to fester.

Then to go even deeper, you have to look at why our cities are war zones to the point where the line between the good guys and the bad guys has become so blurred.

Last edited:
Racism? The guys doing it all shared his race.

It is disgusting, but "burning it down" does nothing against the actual guilty parties. It ruins the lives of people who did nothing wrong and are often folks who are helping bring services to the very people and communities that end up burning them out.

You take out your anger through the justice system for the directly involved parties and then you take a long hard look at the leadership and culture that allowed that to fester.

Then to go even deeper, you have to look at why our cities are war zones to the point where the line between the good guys and the bad guys has become so blurred.
Damn I read that back and it’s confusing. I actually meant this isn’t a racist act as we would normally put it. Sorry for the confusion.

Question; why does the second amendment exist if not for this? If you rolled up on a cop doing this to someone do you draw on them. Call more cops?

Also the guilty party here is the state. The State. Don’t separate the people from the actions of our government. We could separate Chauvin from the state because he was racist. We can’t provide that cover here.

So this is state sanctioned thuggery. Third world shit. I know I’m being over the top but I’m irrationally pissed off right now.

Damn I read that back and it’s confusing. I actually meant this isn’t a racist act as we would normally put it. Sorry for the confusion.

Question; why does the second amendment exist if not for this? If you rolled up on a cop doing this to someone do you draw on them. Call more cops?

Also the guilty party here is the state. The State. Don’t separate the people from the actions of our government. We could separate Chauvin from the state because he was racist. We can’t provide that cover here.

So this is state sanctioned thuggery. Third world shit. I know I’m being over the top but I’m irrationally pissed off right now.
I don't know. You need police. I think by and large, the police are a force for good in the country. I do think you need the Feds to step in and take a look at the Memphis PD. I would want to review more arrests that those 5 were involved in for starters, particularly any where there were complaints.

I get being mad and I actually agree that the 2nd amendment is for state abuses, I think those abuses have to be pretty egregious and wide spread before you exercise that right against the government. When that genie is out of the bottle, all sorts of things come with it. Really negative things.

I don't know. You need police. I think by and large, the police are a force for good in the country. I do think you need the Feds to step in and take a look at the Memphis PD. I would want to review more arrests that those 5 were involved in for starters, particularly any where there were complaints.

I get being mad and I actually agree that the 2nd amendment is for state abuses, I think those abuses have to be pretty egregious and wide spread before you exercise that right against the government. When that genie is out of the bottle, all sorts of things come with it. Really negative things.
Unions need a look too. I’m sure we’ll find out for a few of these guys, this isn’t their first rodeo.

Yes we need police. But the Libertarians should be sending mass emails and adverts tonight.

Fact is, law enforcement officers tend to devalue black lives more than others, regardless of the officers race. However, I wonder if this brutal of an act would’ve happened if there were say, 3 black officers and 2 white. Those Memphis cops looked like they roll around as street gangsters, themselves. Like Denzel in Training Day.

Reactions: larsIU
Fact is, law enforcement officers tend to devalue black lives more than others, regardless of the officers race. However, I wonder if this brutal of an act would’ve happened if there were say, 3 black officers and 2 white. Those Memphis cops looked like they roll around as street gangsters, themselves. Like Denzel in Training Day.

They were part of a special team of 40. Probably a good place to internally take a look.

Reactions: Morrison and larsIU

They were part of a special team of 40. Probably a good place to internally take a look.
Yep. What are they doing messing with a traffic stop? Memphis is a dangerous city, so I’m not necessarily against using black on black aggressive police tactics in the most dangerous and gang infested areas, but these guys can’t turn it off when confronted with a basic traffic stop.

I'll be stocking up on dunks and Jordans. My two youngest have gone bougie. Them shits are expensive.
I’ve had dunks through the years up until maybe 2010. They are cheap shoes, now selling for hundreds sometimes thousands which is hilarious. Soccer moms wear them… no thanks.

I’m stuck in Adidas boost dna, and Stan Smiths for the foreseeable future.

I love old Jordan’s and think they’re worth the money relatively speaking. Doubt I would try to pull them off at this stage. Will always be fun to look at… best sneakers of all time.

I’ve had dunks through the years up until maybe 2010. They are cheap shoes, now selling for hundreds sometimes thousands which is hilarious. Soccer moms wear them… no thanks.

I’m stuck in Adidas boost dna, and Stan Smiths for the foreseeable future.

I love old Jordan’s and think they’re worth the money relatively speaking. Doubt I would try to pull them off at this stage. Will always be fun to look at… best sneakers of all time.

For a 16 year old 16 and a 9 year old that wants whatever the 16 year old wears, I was doing good with air maxes up until a couple months ago.

Now, they want bread 4s and all this other stuff.

It's ridiculous.

For a 16 year old 16 and a 9 year old that wants whatever the 16 year old wears, I was doing good with air maxes up until a couple months ago.

Now, they want bread 4s and all this other stuff.

It's ridiculous.
My nephew is blowing every dollar he can get his hands on over shoes.

I remember back in the late 80s when Jordan’s took off and it was the beginning of paying $100 whole dollars for shoes. My parents basically said F that. I somehow came up with 100 saved dollars and bought Jordan’s. So silly

My college son uses various bots to buy Jordan's, other high end shoes, and gaming systems. I knew a lot of crap was coming and going working from home.

Then he hit me with the PayPal 1099k for $43,000. The dumb crap people spend money on. Did most of his sales in the local police parking lot.

My nephew is blowing every dollar he can get his hands on over shoes.

I remember back in the late 80s when Jordan’s took off and it was the beginning of paying $100 whole dollars for shoes. My parents basically said F that. I somehow came up with 100 saved dollars and bought Jordan’s. So silly
I hate having to pay $200 for my good Red Wing boots but they last!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT