ADVERTISEMENT

Cinci Game

Everybody’s records is in a Cincinnati proper neighborhoodcalled Pleasant Ridge - I went to grade school at Nativity a few blocks away. I don’t get back there often, even when I’m in town.

Shake It Records in Northside also has a following.

I would call Mecklenberg and ask questions about shuttle timing and parking. My tolerance for the inner city is different than others here. I’ve taken my elderly dad there for dinner. UC has been expanding east past that area so it may have changed since I’ve last been there. If the area hasn’t been redeveloped, it’s going to be, and it’s literally just a few blocks from a mega hospital complex.

If you arrive in Clifton a couple hours before game time, I cannot imagine having significant traffic/parking issues. If you arrive at game time, you’re screwed.
Hey man, you did me right with the Mecklenburg Gardens recommendation. I got there early and the owner let me in and poured me a beer and we chatted for a while. My party got there and others started drifting in.

By the time the shuttle started, I was on my 3rd Spaten Oktoberfest. The owner made sure we know when the shuttle started. Talked a lot with the UC fans - many had relatives that went to IU or knew some who did. And older crowed than I expected, but that's OK - I'm old, too.

Quick shuttle ride, too. Dropped us off right at the stadium and got us shortly after the game was over.

Overall, a great day, except for the final score. Congrats on the win and I wish you great success the rest of the year.

I will be going back to Mecklenburg Gardens - the oldest restaurant in Cincinnati, started in 1865. Sitting in the bier garten was the next best thing to being in Germany.

Prost!

Hey man, you did me right with the Mecklenburg Gardens recommendation. I got there early and the owner let me in and poured me a beer and we chatted for a while. My party got there and others started drifting in.

By the time the shuttle started, I was on my 3rd Spaten Oktoberfest. The owner made sure we know when the shuttle started. Talked a lot with the UC fans - many had relatives that went to IU or knew some who did. And older crowed than I expected, but that's OK - I'm old, too.

Quick shuttle ride, too. Dropped us off right at the stadium and got us shortly after the game was over.

Overall, a great day, except for the final score. Congrats on the win and I wish you great success the rest of the year.

I will be going back to Mecklenburg Gardens - the oldest restaurant in Cincinnati, started in 1865. Sitting in the bier garten was the next best thing to being in Germany.

Prost!
Thank you for the report. I’m glad it worked out for you.

After the game I ate nearby then drove around. Been a long time since I’ve been to college bars, but apparently Short Vine is the most popular spot for the young ‘uns, with a number of newer places.

UC played the second half like I expected them to play. Bryant finally found the long ball in the first half, which was totally a surprise. I really thought this would be a close game.

Reactions: DANC
Thank you for the report. I’m glad it worked out for you.

After the game I ate nearby then drove around. Been a long time since I’ve been to college bars, but apparently Short Vine is the most popular spot for the young ‘uns, with a number of newer places.

UC played the second half like I expected them to play. Bryant finally found the long ball in the first half, which was totally a surprise. I really thought this would be a close game.
Yeah, one of the guys at Mecklenburg said he wasn't his first choice for QB. lol Of course, as wide open as your WRs were, anyone could look good. Our DBs just looked lost and our DL got no push - he had all day to throw.

I was sure IU would cover the spread. That's why I normally don't bet. But I got sucked in this time.

I should have just stayed at Mecklenburg and drank all afternoon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT