ADVERTISEMENT

Charade

My problem with Kavanaugh was his performance in front of the Senate. No one would chose to have a regular trial in front of that loon. Everything came down to which party had the votes it’s as simple as that folks. He proved himself to be a very weak candidate based on nothing more than his job interview skills. Who would hire someone like that for their business?

WTF are you talking about?

The Democrat Senators conduct during his confirmation process was an absolute joke. Worse than a joke. The Senators organized demonstrations inside the hearing room to disrupt the proceedings. The Democrat Senators abandoned established protocol to disrupt the proceedings. Spartacus Booker behaved worse than an adolescent imbecile. Harris was dishonest with the lead-in to some of her questions. Some Democrat abandoned protocol and deliberately manipulated the sexual misconduct allegations in a manner to do Kavanaugh the most personal harm possible. Confirmation hearings, as any senate proceeding, are to be dignified, polite, and respectful. The Democrats wanted no part of that. If lawyers or litigants came into a courtroom and behave in that manner, I would expect the judge to climb all over them. I think it would be incumbent on a judge to do that. Kavanaugh climbed all over the Democrat senators exactly as he should have. Good for him! The GOP senators were too polite to rip the likes of Booker, Durbin and Harris new ones. These Democrat senators are lawyers, they should know better. If they came into a Kavanaugh courtroom with that much disrespect and idiocy, I would expect Kavanaugh to do the same as he did in the hearing.

That being said, Kavanaugh has been on the bench for more than a decade. He received the highest recommendation from the American Bar Association--that recommendation includes judicial temperament. If he had a temperament issue, that would have shown up. He said exactly what needed to be said to those idiot Democrats.

Ironically, Susan Collins, a non-lawyer, nailed the issue of Senate decorum. Too bad the likes of Durbin, Spartacus Booker, and Harris don't have the same respect of the Senate that she does--that Bret Kavanaugh has.

In sum, this Kavanaugh temperament issue the Democrats keep yapping about is a crock of shit.

Last edited:

"The White House could not legally order the F.B.I. to rummage indiscriminately through someone’s life, Mr. McGahn told the president." True dat. The president doesn't have plenary authority. We had this discussion before. Moreover, it was up to the Senate Judiciary committee to define the scope of the supplemental investigation--which Flake and others did. We still have separation of powers, zeke, the White House doesn't run the government.

"The White House could not legally order the F.B.I. to rummage indiscriminately through someone’s life, Mr. McGahn told the president." True dat. The president doesn't have plenary authority. We had this discussion before. Moreover, it was up to the Senate Judiciary committee to define the scope of the supplemental investigation--which Flake and others did. We still have separation of powers, zeke, the White House doesn't run the government.
Where did I say this came from the WH? Again, as per your norm, you deviate from the topic.

Awesome. Another moron joins the WC. See you in November.

LOL, keep telling yourself that, you may end up actually believing it. The simple fact of the matter boils down to this...all that anger and vitriol and angst being stirred up by the left only plays to their base, and while it may increase turnout, no minds were changed.. The side effect, however, of the dirty game being played by the left is that it also incensed the right enough to motivate a higher turnout for them, thus offsetting any real gains for the left. And ultimately, November will be decided as they always are, by independent minded voters such as myself, the ones who never vote straight ticket. I am not a party sycophant, driven by party politics and the us vs. them mentality. The details surrounding this SCOTUS nomination these past few months, and the left's attempt to stir up a protest voter bloc by any means necessary, has not only succeeded in their own party but also the right AND the middle.

Leave it to the modern left and it's surrogates such as yourself to accomplish what seemed impossible to me 2 years ago, and that's to make a dolt like Donald Trump and the "Party of No" into sympathetic figures. You didn't learn anything from 2016, and instead are doubling down on stupid by continuing to fight this same fight into 2018.and 2020. It wouldn't surprise me in the least that this same modern left could turn their expected "Blue Wave" into nothing more than a ripple in the shallow end of the pool.

LOL, keep telling yourself that, you may end up actually believing it. The simple fact of the matter boils down to this...all that anger and vitriol and angst being stirred up by the left only plays to their base, and while it may increase turnout, no minds were changed.. The side effect, however, of the dirty game being played by the left is that it also incensed the right enough to motivate a higher turnout for them, thus offsetting any real gains for the left. And ultimately, November will be decided as they always are, by independent minded voters such as myself, the ones who never vote straight ticket. I am not a party sycophant, driven by party politics and the us vs. them mentality. The details surrounding this SCOTUS nomination these past few months, and the left's attempt to stir up a protest voter bloc by any means necessary, has not only succeeded in their own party but also the right AND the middle.

Leave it to the modern left and it's surrogates such as yourself to accomplish what seemed impossible to me 2 years ago, and that's to make a dolt like Donald Trump and the "Party of No" into sympathetic figures. You didn't learn anything from 2016, and instead are doubling down on stupid by continuing to fight this same fight into 2018.and 2020. It wouldn't surprise me in the least that this same modern left could turn their expected "Blue Wave" into nothing more than a ripple in the shallow end of the pool.

Don’t you love how the far right always identifies themselves as independent and then goes after liberals. Just like so many who don’t support Trump, except when they vote for him.

Don’t you love how the far right always identifies themselves as independent and then goes after liberals. Just like so many who don’t support Trump, except when they vote for him.

I love it when the party of inclusion and diversity labels any who don't fit into their narrowly defined pigeonhole as far right.

I didn't vote for Trump. He is a shitty human being. I believe in "draining the swamp" when it comes to the beltway, but know that someone who has been king of the swamp both personally and professionally isn't the one for the job. I voted for Gary Johnson. I would've rather had Gary Johnson serve two terms while reading POTUS for Dummies in between bong rips than to have one term of Trump or Clinton. I voted for Donnelly in 2012. I voted for Obama in 2008. I believe in comprehensive immigration reform via a work visa with a path to citizenship, legalization of MJ (even though I don't partake), equal rights and protections under the law for LBGTQ including marriage, I could get behind actual healthcare for all (not some watered down version of shitty health insurance administered by middle men insurance companies) via a public/private partnership between governments, providers and colleges. I also believe in a robust military but not as a blunt force object or as a replacement of foreign policy. I am for border security, but not some physical barrier boondoggle., but since i do not believe in open borders I expect enforcement. I both believe in our sovereignty of and respect that of other nations. I believe in keeping government small and lean, but large enough to do it's job. I am personally pro life and wish for entitlement reform, but realize these are both Pandora's boxes and they will not be closed.

So instead of some pithy one-liner while keeping your head firmly implanted in your backside, next time try for something substantive?

My problem with Kavanaugh was his performance in front of the Senate. No one would chose to have a regular trial in front of that loon. Everything came down to which party had the votes it’s as simple as that folks. He proved himself to be a very weak candidate based on nothing more than his job interview skills. Who would hire someone like that for their business?
He was like a chameleon. When he was facing the Pubs to his left, he was the model of decorum. When he was facing the Dems to his right, he was snarly, antagonistic, and spittling.

WTF are you talking about?

The Democrat Senators conduct during his confirmation process was an absolute joke. Worse than a joke. The Senators organized demonstrations inside the hearing room to disrupt the proceedings. The Democrat Senators abandoned established protocol to disrupt the proceedings. Spartacus Booker behaved worse than an adolescent imbecile. Harris was dishonest with the lead-in to some of her questions. Some Democrat abandoned protocol and deliberately manipulated the sexual misconduct allegations in a manner to do Kavanaugh the most personal harm possible. Confirmation hearings, as any senate proceeding, are to be dignified, polite, and respectful. The Democrats wanted no part of that. If lawyers or litigants came into a courtroom and behave in that manner, I would expect the judge to climb all over them. I think it would be incumbent on a judge to do that. Kavanaugh climbed all over the Democrat senators exactly as he should have. Good for him! The GOP senators were too polite to rip the likes of Booker, Durbin and Harris new ones. These Democrat senators are lawyers, they should know better. If they came into a Kavanaugh courtroom with that much disrespect and idiocy, I would expect Kavanaugh to do the same as he did in the hearing.

That being said, Kavanaugh has been on the bench for more than a decade. He received the highest recommendation from the American Bar Association--that recommendation includes judicial temperament. If he had a temperament issue, that would have shown up. He said exactly what needed to be said to those idiot Democrats.

Ironically, Susan Collins, a non-lawyer, nailed the issue of Senate decorum. Too bad the likes of Durbin, Spartacus Booker, and Harris don't have the same respect of the Senate that she does--that Bret Kavanaugh has.

In sum, this Kavanaugh temperament issue the Democrats keep yapping about is a crock of shit.
The Democrats were not nice to Kavanaugh that's true but he proved himself incapable of rising to the occasion and it was a very sad thing to see quite honestly, as he knew that would be the case going into those hearings. As Harry Truman said years ago, "If you can't stand the heat don't come into the kitchen", Harry might also have stated about Bret that he came across as an "eight ulcer man on four ulcer pay" but you intimate that all will be cured once Kavanaugh is in a position of authority so he can't be questioned-really? You do remain remarkably consistent: Republican=good/Democrat=bad and don't want to recognize what a weak and flawed candidate has now been granted a life time position on our highest court. I think this will end up being a Pyrrhic Victory for team Trump and your party.

The Democrats were not nice to Kavanaugh that's true but he proved himself incapable of rising to the occasion and it was a very sad thing to see quite honestly, as he knew that would be the case going into those hearings. As Harry Truman said years ago, "If you can't stand the heat don't come into the kitchen", Harry might also have stated about Bret that he came across as an "eight ulcer man on four ulcer pay" but you intimate that all will be cured once Kavanaugh is in a position of authority so he can't be questioned-really? You do remain remarkably consistent: Republican=good/Democrat=bad and don't want to recognize what a weak and flawed candidate has now been granted a life time position on our highest court. I think this will end up being a Pyrrhic Victory for team Trump and your party.
If you think President Truman would support todays democratic party then you and mistaken.

Reactions: stollcpa

When the committee questioned Kavanaugh during the hearing, he faced the boorish and disrespectful Durbin, Harris, Spartacus, and Blumenthal with dignity,intelligence, and with much more respect than they deserved. When they tried to destroy his life, he leveled a clear and pointed rebuke to exactly the people who deserved it. I have no problem with any judge or justice showing that ability.

Last edited:
That’s a lie. There is no sexual misbehavior that the FBI found in their limited investigation. I bet you thought Dennis Hastert was a great guy too. Until you found out he wasn’t.
You’re amazing! lol Dennis Hastert, seriously?? Now, that’s reaching. Stretch Armstrong version in fact.

Reactions: herrli
Awesome. Another moron joins the WC. See you in November.

Lol at people that call sexual abuse against women a dirty game by the left.

If you think President Truman would support todays democratic party then you and mistaken.
If you think he, or any other past president would have supported Trump, you are mistaken. Just like every living president now, regardless of party , understands that a corrupt reality star is not fit for running the country.

When the committee questioned Kavanaugh during the hearing, he faced the boorish and disrespectful Durbin, Harris, Spartacus, and Blumenthal with dignity,intelligence, and with much more respect than they deserved. When they tried to destroy his life, he leveled a clear and pointed rebuke to exactly the people who deserved it. I have no problem with any judge or justice showing that ability.
Destroy his life. Lol. Is your life destroyed because you weren’t a Supreme Court Justice? No one tried to destroy his life. They tried to prevent a proven liar, and a probable sexual abuser from being on the Supreme Court. As I’d hope any decent human would. But no one expects decency from the current Trump GOP.

Reactions: cosmickid
Destroy his life. Lol. Is your life destroyed because you weren’t a Supreme Court Justice? No one tried to destroy his life. They tried to prevent a proven liar, and a probable sexual abuser from being on the Supreme Court. As I’d hope any decent human would. But no one expects decency from the current Trump GOP.

Gawd, you are pathetic. Proven liar? Blasey Ford hasn't even raised her claim to "he said" "she said" status. All of her hand-picked witnesses either don't remember anything about her story or flatly reject it. That leaves two possibilities, Ford has a false memory or she is a liar.

"no one expects decency from the current Trump GOP". Gawd you are pathetic part II. Trump has nothing to do with the despicable behavior of Spartacus, Blumenthal, Harris and Durban. Not every issue involving politics or policy boils down to Trump. The Democrats willingness use any means, including personal destruction and smears, to seize or hold power was well-established long before Trump.

I'd only take issue with calling this the Trump GOP. That's too easy. Most of the GOP was here pre-Trump. Trump doesn't own them, nor can he sell them, trade them, or mortgage them.

Kavanaugh showed his hysterical nature.

meh. For you, everybody who disagrees with you is hysterical.
But, once again you avoided the statement with an attack, Trumpites get on board quickly!

Kavanaugh came off as a whiny privileged biatch...how dare anyone question him. I cannot say if the accusations are accurate, warrant disqualification, or even occurred as related...but, I can say his reaction and acute partisanship would make me a "no" vote if I were a senator regardless. This guy would appear that he will head into the court with a whole slew of unwavering ideas of how things should roll. A partisan hack is not a judge.

Reactions: MrBing and Bill4411
But, once again you avoided the statement with an attack, Trumpites get on board quickly!

Kavanaugh came off as a whiny privileged biatch...how dare anyone question him. I cannot say if the accusations are accurate, warrant disqualification, or even occurred as related...but, I can say his reaction and acute partisanship would make me a "no" vote if I were a senator regardless. This guy would appear that he will head into the court with a whole slew of unwavering ideas of how things should roll. A partisan hack is not a judge.
Kavanaugh lied with practically every assertion he made in the testimony. Probably why he avoided making assertions. The most egregious was that all four of Ford's alleged witnesses denied it. Kavanaugh's present-tense lies are the primary and correct reason he's unfit for any Federal judgeship.

Reactions: Bill4411
but, I can say his reaction and acute partisanship would make me a "no" vote if I were a senator regardless.

Yes, you can say that. You would be a no vote on Kavanaugh regardless. I put all you who claim his "hysterical" reaction causes a no vote under the category of you pissing down my back and saying it's raining. Your "demeanor" excuse is weak,, transparent, and disingenuous. As I said, and FWIW, I think that side of any judge is necessary and useful in court. Go back and watch the videos of judge Ito if you need an object lesson.

Reactions: herrli and IUCrazy2

So "Mr Independent Minded Voter" which House District do you live/vote in? Is it a safe district not really in play? Or is it one of the 56 contested seats, 51 of which are currently held by the GOP?

Half of those 51 GOP held districts, split their vote and went for Clinton in 2016. There aren't a lot of pro-Trump votes to "mobilize" in many of these contested districts, where even among GOP voters he is less popular than among the base. Especially in suburban districts with an even larger gender gap...

"Much uncertainty remains - not least because of the rapid-fire succession of evolving crises that have marked President Donald Trump's term in office - but for now the weeks-long Kavanaugh saga appears to be pushing House races toward Democrats, even as it has given Republicans better odds of maintaining control of the Senate.

That division stems from the make-up of the races and the political geography of the most competitive battles. House contests this year already were expected to be determined by suburban women, who had pulled away from the president over his term in the White House and appear to be the most sympathetic to Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who testified that Kavanaugh had assaulted her when both were teenagers."

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Senate-races-move-right-House-races-move-left-in-13286657.php

Last edited:
Screen-Shot-2018-10-07-at-6.41.09-PM.png

Reactions: All4You and herrli
If you think he, or any other past president would have supported Trump, you are mistaken. Just like every living president now, regardless of party , understands that a corrupt reality star is not fit for running the country.

Right on cue, Powell on Trump yesterday...

"Former secretaries of State Madeline Albright and Colin Powell criticized President Donald Trump's handling of U.S. foreign relations in an interview that aired Sunday on CNN.

Powell, who served under President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2005, said Trump isn't a moral leader.

"My favorite three words in our Constitution is the first three words: 'We the People,' Powell said. "But recently it's become, 'Me the president,' as opposed to, 'We the People.' And you see things that should not be happening."

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Colin-Powell-on-Trump-It-s-now-Me-the-13288882.php

Right on cue, Powell on Trump yesterday...

"Former secretaries of State Madeline Albright and Colin Powell criticized President Donald Trump's handling of U.S. foreign relations in an interview that aired Sunday on CNN.

Powell, who served under President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2005, said Trump isn't a moral leader.

"My favorite three words in our Constitution is the first three words: 'We the People,' Powell said. "But recently it's become, 'Me the president,' as opposed to, 'We the People.' And you see things that should not be happening."

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Colin-Powell-on-Trump-It-s-now-Me-the-13288882.php
We The People could care less about Colin “who am I now?” Powell.

Madeline Albright? I’m not even going there. :eek:

I've seen who you say are good posters. The people that think they're good posters are you and them - maybe. ;)
Okay, let's review the bidding (off the top of my head):

MrBing (phucque, forgot one of the best...)
Aloha
Rockfish
Noodle
Fro
Thyrsis
Zeke
Hoot
Twenty
Sope
Hillz (on a good day)
Crazedhoosier
sglowrider
DrHoops
SHF
Bill
and others

That's a sampling. Not limited to liberals. CoH is clearly one of the most intelligent here but he steadfastly refuses to post in good faith. That's on him, not me or anyone else. SHF posts in good faith. That's my first criterion because not everyone is here to be serious. A good joke can lighten up the board in a healthy way.

Last edited:
Ha! It’s his wet dream to troll me. I’m a little embarrassed for him...no new material for years.
My mom was a drill sargeant for years and years, asking me to hang up my coat and instead of throwing it on the chair. After many years, I suddenly started doing it. The hope is some day you'll become obedient.

My mom was a drill sargeant for years and years, asking me to hang up my coat and instead of throwing it on the chair. After many years, I suddenly started doing it. The hope is some day you'll become obedient.

Oh, I’m sure it’ll work some day. He should keep trying. It’s a noble effort.

Kavanaugh is just an elitist spoiled little rich boy trying to act like one of the "real" people that elitist spoiled little rich boy Trump claims he represents when in fact both Trump and Kavanaugh have nothing in common with a typical Iowa heartland family of four earning $60,000 per year, who thought they were happy being left alone in Iowa until Trumpists told them they were getting screwed.

Cultural appropriation !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT