ADVERTISEMENT

Charade

If you're not one of them, the new GOP can't even pretend to give a shit about you.

I heard that message before but in a different way... can you not see any similarities now that the shoe is on the other foot? Just curious how honest you are being with yourself

Clinging to their religion and guns
Deplorables
Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day I won

Last edited:
Trump hates to be ridiculed. Trump can't stand that the upper crust of NYC rejected him because he has no class. He never has had. He;'ll go down in the history of American presidents as . . . a farce.

Reactions: MrBing
I heard that message before but in a different way... can you not see any similarities now that the shoe is on the other foot? Just curious how honest you are being with yourself

Clinging to their bibles and guns
Deplorables
Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day I won
Simple to answer. Aloha has no respect for Trump's behavior but does have for Obama's. Why?

Simple to answer. Aloha has no respect for Trump's behavior but does have for Obama's. Why?
What? Are you changing the thread? LOL..... what exactly does your post have to do with the OP? My post responds to it.... you should try it sometime

Reactions: Lucy01
I missed Aloha's appointing you as his spokesman. Dontcha think you should delete your leap into AH's brain and let us hear from him if he wants. We sure don't need you speaking for him.

Speaking of charades....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/friend-of-dr-ford-felt-pressure-to-revisit-statement-1538715152

A friend of Christine Blasey Ford told FBI investigators that she felt pressured by Dr. Ford’s allies to revisit her initial statement that she knew nothing about an alleged sexual assault by a teenage Brett Kavanaugh, which she later updated to say that she believed but couldn’t corroborate Dr. Ford’s account, according to people familiar with the matter.
And what do we call pressuring a witness to change their statement?

Witness tampering is the act of attempting to alter or prevent the testimony of witnesses within criminal or civil proceedings. Laws regarding witness tampering also apply to proceedings before the U.S. Congress, executive departments, and administrative agencies.
Charade
an absurd pretense intended to create a pleasant or respectable appearance.

synonyms: farce, pantomime, travesty, mockery, parody, pretense, act, masquerade
Yeah, I agree, the past two weeks have been a charade. A farce. A travesty. A mockery. A parody. An act.

Speaking of charades....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/friend-of-dr-ford-felt-pressure-to-revisit-statement-1538715152

A friend of Christine Blasey Ford told FBI investigators that she felt pressured by Dr. Ford’s allies to revisit her initial statement that she knew nothing about an alleged sexual assault by a teenage Brett Kavanaugh, which she later updated to say that she believed but couldn’t corroborate Dr. Ford’s account, according to people familiar with the matter.

Witness tampering is the act of attempting to alter or prevent the testimony of witnesses within criminal or civil proceedings. Laws regarding witness tampering also apply to proceedings before the U.S. Congress, executive departments, and administrative agencies.
Charade

synonyms: farce, pantomime, travesty, mockery, parody, pretense, act, masquerade
Yeah, I agree, the past two weeks have been a charade. A farce. A travesty. A mockery. A parody. An act.

Did I miss your post about the nuances of perjury? You can be pissed, but please be consistent.

Speaking of charades....

Charade

Hey, maybe you missed the part where Kavanaugh’s buddies were getting in touch with each other to stick together about the second allegations? And Kavanaugh pretended he hadn’t even heard of them?

Hey, maybe you missed the part where Kavanaugh’s buddies were getting in touch with each other to stick together about the second allegations? And Kavanaugh pretended he hadn’t even heard of them?
Let’s see.... The FBI isn’t biased and is a neutral party when it comes to the Russia investigation. But when it comes to Kav, they are too stupid to know how to conduct questioning. Do ya think they may have asked them if they had been in contact with anyone? Wow

Reactions: herrli
Let’s see.... The FBI isn’t biased and is a neutral party when it comes to the Russia investigation. But when it comes to Kav, they are too stupid to know how to conduct questioning. Do ya think they may have asked them if they had been in contact with anyone? Wow
You're assuming the FBI was allowed to question outside the ring of people proscribed. That's never been made clear. I'd like to see the charging document (or whatever it's called) that McGahn sent them.

You're assuming the FBI was allowed to question outside the ring of people proscribed. That's never been made clear. I'd like to see the charging document (or whatever it's called) that McGahn sent them.

The outside ring wasn’t there. That’s why the FBI didn’t talk to them. None of them claimed to be there.

If you're not one of them, the new GOP can't even pretend to give a shit about you.

The real charade is how many people are so loyal to their party that all they can do is throw stupid logic at the other side and claim their side is good.

When are you people going to stand up and accept that neither party gives a Rats A$$ about we the people and havent for decades.

The party in power pushes their agenda and the party not in power obstructs. That’s it everyone, that’s it! THEY ALL LIE! All of them. They all obstruct. The all release information they shouldn’t. The extremes on both sides control everyone else.

Professor Ford was a pawn in the big game. Kavanaugh was the person on the receiving end. Any conservative that would have been nominated would have been put thru something like this. For me, I would have loved to see the Reps put up a minority female. That would have been more fun to watch. By putting up a rich kid with a party history in school the Reps served up an easy target for the Dems. Problem is the Dems still whiffed. Both sides are horrible.

I would like to,see the center of both parties break away and for a new, independent party.

obama-beer.jpg

Any conservative that would have been nominated would have been put thru something like this.
For this to be true, any other conservative candidate would have to have sexual misbehavior in his/her past, or Ford is a bald faced liar and any other accuser of any other nominee would be the same. Which is your position?

For this to be true, any other conservative candidate would have to have sexual misbehavior in his/her past, or Ford is a bald faced liar and any other accuser of any other nominee would be the same. Which is your position?

It's not binary, and you know it's not.

Ford might have been telling the truth, she might not. But based on the information she gave....... well, nothing can really be done but to ignore her.

The outside ring wasn’t there. That’s why the FBI didn’t talk to them. None of them claimed to be there.

The real charade is how many people are so loyal to their party that all they can do is throw stupid logic at the other side and claim their side is good.

When are you people going to stand up and accept that neither party gives a Rats A$$ about we the people and havent for decades.

The party in power pushes their agenda and the party not in power obstructs. That’s it everyone, that’s it! THEY ALL LIE! All of them. They all obstruct. The all release information they shouldn’t. The extremes on both sides control everyone else.

Professor Ford was a pawn in the big game. Kavanaugh was the person on the receiving end. Any conservative that would have been nominated would have been put thru something like this. For me, I would have loved to see the Reps put up a minority female. That would have been more fun to watch. By putting up a rich kid with a party history in school the Reps served up an easy target for the Dems. Problem is the Dems still whiffed. Both sides are horrible.

I would like to,see the center of both parties break away and for a new, independent party.
Nonsense that’s why they didn’t talk to them. There were some people at the party that the second accuser is talking about. They didn’t even talk to Dr. Ford . Obviously the WH was afraid of a real investigation. As even more allegations come forward from people the FBI couldn’t investigate.

Any conservative would have been put through this? That’s just embarrassing. Really, turn off Rush and Fox News and think for yourself. Did this happen to Gorsuch? Maybe if they would nominate a man who wasn’t a pig they wouldn’t have this problem? Maybe?

I meant that any candidate would be attacked ruthlessly regardless of who it was. For Kavanaugh, there was no sexual misbehavior in his past. That is why he is getting nominated.

My position is she brought zero credible evidence, and neither did anyone else. That’s not a conservative or Republican point of view or opinion - that’s a fact. If anyone’s “sources” are telling them different, then they are being fed a line. If anything had been found that could be verified as true, it would have - but long before 2018. You don’t get to being where Kavanaugh is by being who some say he is. It’s not possible. Now, could someone rise to where he is and then become that person? Absolutely, but you have to toe the line
Any conservative would have been put through this? That’s just embarrassing. Really, turn off Rush and Fox News and think for yourself. Did this happen to Gorsuch? Maybe if they would nominate a man who wasn’t a pig they wouldn’t have this problem? Maybe?
Mmmm...I think you forgot about Clarence Thomas? And, how about this?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/12/21/16807156/al-franken-resign-democrats-disgrace

Also, why no response to your buddy’s beer salute above??

Lastly, don’t worry Zeke, the world won’t end today when Kavanaugh is confirmed.

My position is she brought zero credible evidence, and neither did anyone else. That’s not a conservative or Republican point of view or opinion - that’s a fact. If anyone’s “sources” are telling them different, then they are being fed a line. If anything had been found that could be verified as true, it would have - but long before 2018. You don’t get to being where Kavanaugh is by being who some say he is. It’s not possible. Now, could someone rise to where he is and then become that person? Absolutely, but you have to toe the line

Mmmm...I think you forgot about Clarence Thomas? And, how about this?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/12/21/16807156/al-franken-resign-democrats-disgrace

Also, why no response to your buddy’s beer salute above??

Lastly, don’t worry Zeke, the world won’t end today when Kavanaugh is confirmed.

Kavanaugh likes beer. Obama likes beer. I like beer. A lot of people like beer. I will admit I opposed Kavanaugh from the beginning because of his long resume of work as a Republican political operative, not the 36 year old sexual assault allegations. I do believe Ford’s version of events, but without any more recent allegations, I will assume Kavanaugh became a good man in his personal life while maturing.

But when he went on his unhinged “payback is a bitch”, conspiratorial rant against democrats and the Clintons, he just proved my point. He’s going to be be a super legislature from the bench, not an impartial jurist.

Some of us democrats are well aware that Trump won the election, as is entitled to select SC justices. I would have been fine with Hardiman, Kethledge, or even Barrett. It is obvious to me, that Kavanaugh is willing to do anything to get on the court. IMO, that is his driving force, not indignation at the allegations. And if Trump insisted on Kavanaugh, when there are many more Federalist Society judges to choose from, what kind of agreement might he and Kavanaugh have in place?

I would like to know what brands of beer Kavanaugh likes, as that could be a deciding factor.:D

Reactions: Bill4411
The left is just using the sexual thing as a reason for not voting for him just like the right would if the shoe was on the other foot. How many Democrats voted for Gorsuch? How many Republicans voted for Kagan? There were a few that crossed over on both but it's really all about politics.

the problem is, everyone seems to think abortion, gay rights, or guns, are the only thing SCOTUS will ever rule on again.

privacy, monopolies, campaign funding, net neutrality, money in govt, corp power, universal healthcare, drug pricing, mandatory sentencing, labor rights, consumer rights, (when the last time the consumer won vs corp interests, or the citizen vs big govt at SCOTUS).

perhaps if the public knew judges would never get nominated in the first place, by either party, if they weren't very pro big money big govt, and would throw voters of each parties under the bus on everything that wasn't strictly social, and actually had some basic knowledge of nominees' leanings on things other than just abortion or gay rights or guns, past sexual allegations wouldn't be the only focus of the confirmation process.

Dems blew it by not forcing real answers to real questions on real issues that will affect citizens of both parties, and making full disclosure of who the potentially most powerful people in the country really are, how they got here, who has been backing them, and why, the main focus of hearings rather than just chasing unprovable character charges.

SCOTUS will address many things conservative and liberal voters can agree on, and screw both conservative and liberal voters over every time in favor of big money big govt.

abortion, gay rights, guns, those are the gifts that keep on giving for big money big govt, and what allows them to control voters of both parties on everything that big money big govt actually care about.

Last edited:
Kavanaugh likes beer. Obama likes beer. I like beer. A lot of people like beer. I will admit I opposed Kavanaugh from the beginning because of his long resume of work as a Republican political operative, not the 36 year old sexual assault allegations. I do believe Ford’s version of events, but without any more recent allegations, I will assume Kavanaugh became a good man in his personal life while maturing.

But when he went on his unhinged “payback is a bitch”, conspiratorial rant against democrats and the Clintons, he just proved my point. He’s going to be be a super legislature from the bench, not an impartial jurist.

Some of us democrats are well aware that Trump won the election, as is entitled to select SC justices. I would have been fine with Hardiman, Kethledge, or even Barrett. It is obvious to me, that Kavanaugh is willing to do anything to get on the court. IMO, that is his driving force, not indignation at the allegations. And if Trump insisted on Kavanaugh, when there are many more Federalist Society judges to choose from, what kind of agreement might he and Kavanaugh have in place?

I would like to know what brands of beer Kavanaugh likes, as that could be a deciding factor.:D

Well, don't know Kavanaugh's preferred beers but Obama looks to have a Guinness in his hand. Now, I couldn't stand Obama, but I really like Guinness, but only in Ireland. What we get here in the colonies is almost swill. At the pubs in Ireland, however, Guinness is infinitely superior. Now, if O'Bama is approving, with that thumbs up, what he's drinking, and if he was in Ireland when that picture was taken, then my opinion of him will go up quite a bit. But, given the picture on the television in the background, I'm going to guess he was here in the U.S. That thumbs up just then reinforces everything we thought about him. OTOH, if he's giving the thumbs up to someone who suggested that they form a partnership to bring the real stuff across the Atlantic, then I will go back and recast my votes in 2008 and 2012 .....

Reactions: Morrison
Well, don't know Kavanaugh's preferred beers but Obama looks to have a Guinness in his hand. Now, I couldn't stand Obama, but I really like Guinness, but only in Ireland. What we get here in the colonies is almost swill. At the pubs in Ireland, however, Guinness is infinitely superior. Now, if O'Bama is approving, with that thumbs up, what he's drinking, and if he was in Ireland when that picture was taken, then my opinion of him will go up quite a bit. But, given the picture on the television in the background, I'm going to guess he was here in the U.S. That thumbs up just then reinforces everything we thought about him. OTOH, if he's giving the thumbs up to someone who suggested that they form a partnership to bring the real stuff across the Atlantic, then I will go back and recast my votes in 2008 and 2012 .....

I liked Obama a lot, and after reading your post, I have to think that regular “beer summits” in Washington could close the partisan divide that grips our nation. Cheers!

I meant that any candidate would be attacked ruthlessly regardless of who it was. For Kavanaugh, there was no sexual misbehavior in his past. That is why he is getting nominated.
That’s a lie. There is no sexual misbehavior that the FBI found in their limited investigation. I bet you thought Dennis Hastert was a great guy too. Until you found out he wasn’t.

The left is just using the sexual thing as a reason for not voting for him just like the right would if the shoe was on the other foot. How many Democrats voted for Gorsuch? How many Republicans voted for Kagan? There were a few that crossed over on both but it's really all about politics.
You don’t see how that is insulting and dismissive to the women that came forward?

I liked Obama a lot, and after reading your post, I have to think that regular “beer summits” in Washington could close the partisan divide that grips our nation. Cheers!

Agree.

Have you ever seen anybody in a beer commercial having a bad time?

(Mic drop)

Interesting New York Times synopsis of the sequence of events. I'll drop it here rather than waste space with yet another thread:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-a-nomination-was-saved/ar-BBO25zS?li=BBnb7Kz

A couple of interesting suggestions here. First is the mention that Trump actually wanted to get the FBI involved before the Ford/Kavanaugh testimony. And second is the apparent view from both sides that the Avanetti involvement actually hurt, since the accusations seemed less than credible and allowed the Republicans to bolster the notion of a witch hunt.

Interesting read.

My problem with Kavanaugh was his performance in front of the Senate. No one would chose to have a regular trial in front of that loon. Everything came down to which party had the votes it’s as simple as that folks. He proved himself to be a very weak candidate based on nothing more than his job interview skills. Who would hire someone like that for their business?

You don’t see how that is insulting and dismissive to the women that came forward?
I don't believe a word she says because nobody backs her story so it has nothing to do with insulting women.
Wow. Yes it is insulting. So what do you think she was talking to her therapist years ago about? Also the second victim had witnesses but the FBI wasn’t allowed to interview them. So let me guess, you think George Soros paid them to come forward ?

Interesting New York Times synopsis of the sequence of events. I'll drop it here rather than waste space with yet another thread:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-a-nomination-was-saved/ar-BBO25zS?li=BBnb7Kz

A couple of interesting suggestions here. First is the mention that Trump actually wanted to get the FBI involved before the Ford/Kavanaugh testimony. And second is the apparent view from both sides that the Avanetti involvement actually hurt, since the accusations seemed less than credible and allowed the Republicans to bolster the notion of a witch hunt.

Interesting read.
I saw that Trump wanted a full investigation too. But then he was told that it would be devastating to Kavanaugh. So kinda tells you they knew there was more there. Good article.

Interesting read.
Yeah, the Avenatti stuff hurt Ford, there’s no doubt in my mind.

I saw that Trump wanted a full investigation too. But then he was told that it would be devastating to Kavanaugh. So kinda tells you they knew there was more there. Good article.

For an absolute nobody you know so many details about everything. Must be those thousands of connected friends of yours. You have a personal friend for every story. What an imagination.

Reactions: herrli
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT