ADVERTISEMENT

Catilyn Clark scored more point in her college career than Pete Maravich

But she did not beat Pearl Moore of Francis Marion - needs almost 500 more points to beat the all time real leader. She did it without 3 point shot in the 70s.

said Lew Alcindor's freshman team regularly beat the varsity. who won the national title
This would be interesting if it were actually true!!! Yes Alcindor's freshman team did beat the varsity in the 1st game ever at Pauly Pavilion when the varsity was preseason #1. He was a freshman at UCLA in 65-66, that year UCLA finished 18-8 and 2nd in their conference. That year was the Texas Western won the title. UCLA won in the 64-65 season when Alcindor was in HS, his freshman year (65-66) they went 18-8, and then he won 3 straight when playing. In fact, his freshman year they did not make the tourney

This would be interesting if it were actually true!!! Yes Alcindor's freshman team did beat the varsity in the 1st game ever at Pauly Pavilion when the varsity was preseason #1. He was a freshman at UCLA in 65-66, that year UCLA finished 18-8 and 2nd in their conference. That year was the Texas Western won the title. UCLA won in the 64-65 season when Alcindor was in HS, his freshman year (65-66) they went 18-8, and then he won 3 straight when playing. In fact, his freshman year they did not make the tourney
thanks for correcting that, thought I saw it on one of the documentaries. is it possible Waltons freshman team done that?

why is this even a discussion? she plays women's basketball, 2 totally different sports, trade her for CJ Gunn he would score 12k points at Iowa she might be taping ankles for IU.
Yeah, I'd love to see CJ play for the women’s team. You can do that nowadays you know.

Maravich played when freshmen weren't allowed to play with the varsity and there were freshmen JV teams. His numbers were for three years, so maybe there should be an asterisk there. There is no denying she is one of the greatest women players to have played the game.
And for me...this is the thing.

I'm not for the woke nonsense comparing these two accomplishments.

Ms. Clark is the highest scoring female basketball player in NCAA history. Kudos to her!

Mr. Maravich is the highest scoring male basketball player in NCAA history. Good for him!

I feel no need, desire, requirement to compare the two.

And for me...this is the thing.

I'm not for the woke nonsense comparing these two accomplishments.

Ms. Clark is the highest scoring female basketball player in NCAA history. Kudos to her!

Mr. Maravich is the highest scoring male basketball player in NCAA history. Good for him!

I feel no need, desire, requirement to compare the two.
PM averaged 44 points per game during the 83 games he played over 3 years, he once scored 69 points in a college game with NO 3 point line. I think Clark's high game, with a 3 point line, was 49.

she just signed a promotional deal with Gainbridge financial, almost seems like she's destined to end up with Fever.
I hope her Fever lasts a long time. The interesting thing about Maravich is that he should have been playing for NC State. But NC State would not allow him in because of academics, so Press Maravich took the coaching job at LSU so Pete would be allowed to play there.

Speaking of records, I have been saying for a long time that the safest record is the most points scored for Kentucky. All of there top players leave after one year.

PM averaged 44 points per game during the 83 games he played over 3 years, he once scored 69 points in a college game with NO 3 point line. I think Clark's high game, with a 3 point line, was 49.
Wonder how much she would score on 38 FGA per game compared to 19 FGA per game.

Does the comparison make you feel uncomfortable?

No one else has broken his record since, man or woman.

And she'll end her career with well over 1000 assists, and very possibly over 1000 rebounds as well.

If she were to somehow win a Natty this year, she should be in the conversation for the greatest college basketball player of all time...she probably should be already.

Maravich is one of a kind. And probably the most creative, and best pure scorer to ever live. But he did average over 38 shot attempts per game...and his teams weren't much above average at LSU. He's no where in Clark's league as an overall basketball player (relative to their competition levels).
Ever see Cheryl Miller play? No contest who was better regardless of records.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT