ADVERTISEMENT

CJ

You've never played basketball and it's telling. Most players need run to get rhythm ..
You don't know me. I've played plenty of basketball.

I bet CJ gets plenty of run in practice everyday. Do you suppose he tears it up everyday once he gets warm, but the coaches don't care? Is the explanation that he needs more run, and if we just gave him more he'd turn into the guard that we need? Or, do you suppose he is what his stats say he is?

His stats say he is an unrepentant gunner who will have to keep improving his percentages to provide an actual positive influence on offense.

Look, I want that. I'd probably start Gunn against Rutgers and try to give him a chance to build momentum. If he could provide the same spacing Mgbako provides on offense, along with something resembling competent defense, we would be much better.

But I don't think "he needs more run" will explain why he shot 8% from 3 last year. You could sell me on it making a 5 or 10 percent difference, but not 30.

You don't know me. I've played plenty of basketball.

I bet CJ gets plenty of run in practice everyday. Do you suppose he tears it up everyday once he gets warm, but the coaches don't care? Is the explanation that he needs more run, and if we just gave him more he'd turn into the guard that we need? Or, do you suppose he is what his stats say he is?

His stats say he is an unrepentant gunner who will have to keep improving his percentages to provide an actual positive influence on offense.

Look, I want that. I'd probably start Gunn against Rutgers and try to give him a chance to build momentum. If he could provide the same spacing Mgbako provides on offense, along with something resembling competent defense, we would be much better.

But I don't think "he needs more run" will explain why he shot 8% from 3 last year. You could sell me on it making a 5 or 10 percent difference, but not 30.
He’s getting more run this year and shooting 33% from 3, that’s a 25% increase from last year. He’s not being subbed in at the end of the half to prevent a starter from picking up a 3rd foul or playing the last 3-4 minutes of regulation in a blowout when the benches are emptied like was used almost exclusively last year. You literally just contradicted your theory in one post. Him getting more run and actually being incorporated into the rhythm of the offense has improved his percentages.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT