ADVERTISEMENT

Cassidy Hutchinson Endorses Harris

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
I'm sure not many people have read her book "Enough", but it was probably the best "insider" account of the Trump White House that I have read. In fact, it was so disgusting and gross in terms of what was going on prior to and after the election that I finally had to put it down. Just to frame this correctly, she broke up with her long term boyfriend because he was a conservative Republican but didn't like Trump. She was on the team that was going to go down to Mar a Lago (Sp?) after the election...and she was all Trump after the election. Then everything unwound, and her account of it is fascinating. I know the MAGAs aren't going to read it, but she was all MAGA all the time before she witnessed what she did and laid out in her book.

• Haha
Reactions: cosmickid and DANC
I'm sure not many people have read her book "Enough", but it was probably the best "insider" account of the Trump White House that I have read. In fact, it was so disgusting and gross in terms of what was going on prior to and after the election that I finally had to put it down. Just to frame this correctly, she broke up with her long term boyfriend because he was a conservative Republican but didn't like Trump. She was on the team that was going to go down to Mar a Lago (Sp?) after the election...and she was all Trump after the election. Then everything unwound, and her account of it is fascinating. I know the MAGAs aren't going to read it, but she was all MAGA all the time before she witnessed what she did and laid out in her book.

But but but the only thing that matters is his policy. The fact that he attempted to overthrow the government in a coup pales in comparison to all the ills that Commiela might unleash on us. This only proves more why he should have a statue on Tien…. I mean the Washington Mall 😉

But but but the only thing that matters is his policy. The fact that he attempted to overthrow the government in a coup pales in comparison to all the ills that Commiela might unleash on us. This only proves more why he should have a statue on Tien…. I mean the Washington Mall 😉
Or maybe it’s just the case that both of them suck - even if it’s for different reasons.

Even then, you still have to make a choice.
Not between those two options. One of them will end up as POTUS. But that doesn’t obligate anybody to vote for either one.

I was going to write-in Mitch Daniels. But since he seems to have (sadly) bowed out of electoral politics for good, I’m writing in somebody who isn’t even eligible…but would be far preferable to either Harris or Trump…

javier-milei-1520654.jpg

Not between those two options. One of them will end up as POTUS. But that doesn’t obligate anybody to vote for either one.

I can see scratching or lodging a protest vote. I can't see affirmatively voting for Trump.

I'm old and have followed politics closely all my life. I've never seen anything like the groundswell of condemnation of a candidate by members of his own party. If Harris is so bad, where are the scores if not hundreds of prominent Democrats lambasting her and pledging to support Trump (even though they may disagree on policy)?

I can see scratching or lodging a protest vote. I can't see affirmatively voting for Trump.

I'm old and have followed politics closely all my life. I've never seen anything like the groundswell of condemnation of a candidate by members of his own party. If Harris is so bad, where are the scores if not hundreds of prominent Democrats lambasting her and pledging to support Trump (even though they may disagree on policy)?

Well, from my perspective, Harris is bad because her worldview and policy ideas are bad. Why would people who share those ideas oppose her?

Trump’s biggest defects - again, from my perspective - have to do with character and temperament.

Either outcome is not good for the country.

Simple, it's all about control! Harris will be a puppet of the power people of the Party. Trump on the other hand will ignore everyone and do what he wants weather good for he country or not.

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7 and ulrey
Here’s how I see the subtext of all this.

There is a divide that has grown between the governing class and the governed class - not only in the US, but around the world. Whether that divide will continue to grow or will revert to the mean is an unanswered question.

This is why we’re seeing populism on the rise. And while I can certainly sympathize with the political establishment’s animus towards the populists, their supporters, etc., I think they would be better served to take a sober look at the underpinnings of the divide and their role in bringing it about - maybe not personally in any specific case, but institutionally.

The best way to fight populism is to understand what factors have fueled it and to take active measures to positively address them. If they don’t, it could continue to rise and threaten the institutions upon which contemporary Western civilization resides.

But, to date, they seem more dug in than introspective.

There is a divide that has grown between the governing class and the governed class - not only in the US, but around the world. Whether that divide will continue to grow or will revert to the mean is an unanswered question.

This is why we’re seeing populism on the rise. And while I can certainly sympathize with the political establishment’s animus towards the populists, their supporters, etc., I think they would be better served to take a sober look at the underpinnings of the divide and their role in bringing it about - maybe not personally in any specific case, but institutionally.

The best way to fight populism is to understand what factors have fueled it and to take active measures to positively address them. If they don’t, it could continue to rise and threaten the institutions upon which contemporary Western civilization resides.

I think that phenomenon definitely exists but, given those definitions (the governing class vs. the governed class) I'm not sure that distinction is as important or as pronounced a political schism as you seem to be.

By "the governing class", I assume you mean those controlling the levers of power of government or with access to controlling those levers. That group is so minuscule in comparison to "the governed class" that the political impact would be much more pronounced if those were the unifying elements of where the divide is centered. And I don't think that the "governing" or the "governed" are even unified about the policy ideas that they support. The urban/rural divide seems much more pronounced and impactful on political/policy grounds.

That said, understanding the appeal of populism is important. Feeling heard is a fundamental human desire and skillful political candidates expand the portion of the population that feels heard.

After Trump loses and Republicans underperform in Congressional races the GOP has to reassess and decide how to heal the divisions and move forward and be relevant.

Who? I only want to hear about Cassidy if she is drinking Merlot with you at Whole Foods and fondling your balls. Also, how in the hell do you have time to read “Enough”, but haven’t read “The Bitcoin Standard”? F#ckin A, Hoops, get yourself together.

That said, understanding the appeal of populism is important. Feeling heard is a fundamental human desire and skillful political candidates expand the portion of the population that feels heard.

Populism is based upon grievance, the notion that undeserving others are getting more while the deserving (you and me) are getting less. This latest wave started with Bush and TARP and the bank bailouts, when the fatcats got rescued while foreclosures skyrocketed. Next came Obama and the auto bailouts, followed by the ACA -- the corporate players got theirs while the line workers got laid off, and insurance costs rose with the increased risk involved in covering those with pre-existing conditions (the fatties and the smokers and the lazy/irresponsible fvckers on Medicaid).

Hillary followed that with her "identity politics" which spoke to every subgroup (women, blacks, gays, etc.) without even paying lip service to the white male working class that drives the economy.

Into the fray steps Donald Trump, who vowed to right all these wrongs and Make America Great Again. These conditions are made for demagogues and charlatans.

The divide is driven by economics. As government gets larger and larger the middle class ends up getting gutted. Governments answer is to promise more and more, which only compounds the problem. You’re left basically with two classes. Unfortunately, there aren’t enough votes to do what needs to be done, which is why Bitcoin will eventually take care of the problem.

Populism is based upon grievance, the notion that undeserving others are getting more while the deserving (you and me) are getting less. This latest wave started with Bush and TARP and the bank bailouts, when the fatcats got rescued while foreclosures skyrocketed. Next came Obama and the auto bailouts, followed by the ACA -- the corporate players got theirs while the line workers got laid off, and insurance costs rose with the increased risk involved in covering those with pre-existing conditions (the fatties and the smokers and the lazy/irresponsible fvckers on Medicaid).

Hillary followed that with her "identity politics" which spoke to every subgroup (women, blacks, gays, etc.) without even paying lip service to the white male working class that drives the economy.

Into the fray steps Donald Trump, who vowed to right all these wrongs and Make America Great Again. These conditions are made for demagogues and charlatans.
Interesting thoughts. What's the basis for your assertion that the "white male working class drives the economy"?

Interesting thoughts. What's the basis for your assertion that the "white male working class drives the economy"?
Common sense?

White working class males are the largest of the various political and economic subgroups, and they believe they are unheard and unappreciated. Hence the MAGA movement, which they dominate. Vance's rhetoric addresses them specifically.

Common sense?

White working class males are the largest of the various political and economic subgroups, and they believe they are unheard and unappreciated. Hence the MAGA movement, which they dominate. Vance's rhetoric addresses them specifically.
Another case where common sense may be common, but doesn't have much sense.

I agree that white working class males have felt unheard, but I'd quibble about a decent amount of the rest of the point you've been making.

The working class represents in the 30-40% range of the American population. Whites now only make up about 55% of the working class and 47% of those are female. If I'm doing the math right, you're saying that under 12% of the population is what drives the American economy? I respectfully disagree. That may have been the case 50 years ago, but the modern U.S. economy is driven by a whole heckuva lot more than that.

But whites are 77% of the labor force and college educated white men voted about the same percentage for Trump as non-college educated. So whatever economic class you want to bucket them in, it's still populism in the sense that government workers including white men voted far higher percentage for Biden. So still an us vs them divide. Although that wasn't the question.

The 'populism' is because elections are won on the margins and non college educated men used to vote heavily democrat but have moved more toward the republican party since 2000 according to Brookings. Whatever percent of voters that is may be small like you said, but that's how to win, gain votes from the other side.

Last edited:
Reactions: snarlcakes

Spot on. Boom

Is she the one that also claimed that Trump attacked his driver from the back seat and was not verified by any member of the secret service?

Cassidy is a fraud!

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
Is she the one that also claimed that Trump attacked his driver from the back seat and was not verified by any member of the secret service?
She's the one that testified under oath that she was told that happened, not that she saw it happen. There's a huge difference, but you won't recognize that.

Being a POW doesn’t make you a Hero!
Lucy, I know you're only pretending to be a MAGA-nut, but **** you. It's not that he was a POW, it was his behavior as a POW that made him a hero. For example, he was offered a release because his father was Commander of the 7th Fleet, but he refused to go before his fellow POWs.

**** you.

• Angry
Reactions: Lucy01
But still not verified by anyone.
You don't understand, just as I predicted. That wasn't even the thrust of her testimony and was irrelevant. The important part was she testified that Trump wanted to go to the capitol and the SS wouldn't take him. That was verified by several.

Lucy, I know you're only pretending to be a MAGA-nut, but **** you. It's not that he was a POW, it was his behavior as a POW that made him a hero. For example, he was offered a release because his father was Commander of the 7th Fleet, but he refused to go before his fellow POWs.

**** you.
He’s not a Hero or any other sandwich in my eyes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT